(Topic ID: 280778)

Poll...is there an issue with your GNR playfield?

By Dantesmark

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 423 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Off2War
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Hows your gnr playfield doin?”

• Great! No issue whatsoever! 120 votes
    43%
  • Some pooling around my posts. 62 votes
    22%
  • I have chipping and/or missing artwork. 99 votes
    35%

(281 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7883429B-D6E9-416D-B481-5A78BC00AD24 (resized).jpeg
BED3FB18-A03B-4A41-AC54-A3C3AEFEE284_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
8AAB5122-68BE-4A79-A7D1-D7843BEECACD_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
332C5A36-D8B7-4107-931A-7E44C121646A_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
B25DDD26-058E-427B-A4DE-3F360B648ABC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
87EA8309-E194-46AC-BEDE-32FD4C0D7E67_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
2C817C44-ACBC-4D61-A84A-2C188E3A9CB1_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
1D3D945A-25C6-4A86-A4EC-DD695FF786BD_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
C1D582D1-CB89-4906-9D69-A76204FBBC9A_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
F1B21E17-C12C-456F-97F9-58BE2E11AE70.gif
33897668-31A4-4E9C-9EA7-4D692E165BE5.png
AA089DCD-BA5D-4BFF-9D14-00B46F8577A1 (resized).png
D48898A9-F9BC-4EE7-9CCB-A3F141CAF1E8 (resized).jpeg
1DC8275D-3AA4-4909-AD0C-EDB0E15D0DFA (resized).jpeg
275F917A-7452-4747-AB27-C6F2B3409F1C (resized).jpeg
EgoV.gif

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 423 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
#301 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Honestly, i dont mind waiting a few months after release... get all the bugs out.

I think your probably better to wait,I had a first run Wonka SE and it was a total turd.Thankfully it was replaced with a later run and it has been flawless!Thanks again Zach @Flipinout

#302 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think your probably better to wait,I had a first run Wonka SE and it was a total turd.Thankfully it was replaced with a later run and it has been flawless!Thanks again Zach @Flipinout

Uh, that would be you’re sir

#303 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Uh, that would be you’re sir

Huh?

#304 3 years ago

I was joking with you. You said YOUR better off to wait. It was supposed to be YOU’RE. Never mind. Happy new year

#305 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I was joking with you. You said YOUR better off to wait. It was supposed to be YOU’RE. Never mind. Happy new year

Happy New Year to you sir!

#306 3 years ago

For those of you whe thought the issues were gone check the Bluetooth thread. "Well.... We had our audio board go bad on our LE GNR and as we are waiting for the replacement we connected a Ion Pathfinder external sub and it sounded AMAZING!!!! Absolutely AMAZING!! So we are playing our hearts out and then the machine reset right in the middle of a song. As it started to start up again we tried to reconnect the Bluetooth and no go, What is going on??" "Hi I had it working on my le but that’s about the only thing that works this pin is a pc of shit junk junk junk broken flipper spring broken flipper button they sent wrong plug back box goes on and off when playing game resets in middle of play leg levelers were in coin box you put the legs on before you get to coin box if ball goes straight down the middle game does not register so you must turn off and back on 10000 with shipping this is junk I got 5 sterns to Chicago gaming one 1979 Bally and no issues ever" There are two separate G&R owners

#308 3 years ago

He is just mad LZ is a piece of shit.

#309 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

For those of you whe thought the issues were gone check the Bluetooth thread. "Well.... We had our audio board go bad on our LE GNR and as we are waiting for the replacement we connected a Ion Pathfinder external sub and it sounded AMAZING!!!! Absolutely AMAZING!! So we are playing our hearts out and then the machine reset right in the middle of a song. As it started to start up again we tried to reconnect the Bluetooth and no go, What is going on??" "Hi I had it working on my le but that’s about the only thing that works this pin is a pc of shit junk junk junk broken flipper spring broken flipper button they sent wrong plug back box goes on and off when playing game resets in middle of play leg levelers were in coin box you put the legs on before you get to coin box if ball goes straight down the middle game does not register so you must turn off and back on 10000 with shipping this is junk I got 5 sterns to Chicago gaming one 1979 Bally and no issues ever" There are two separate G&R owners

Whats your point? Shocker that people have issues with pinball games....u must be newbie as I don't care who the manufacturer is there will be issues especially from companies who are trying to add new technical features like BT, or wireless updating.

#310 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Whats your point? Shocker that people have issues with pinball games....u must be newbie as I don't care who the manufacturer is there will be issues especially from companies who are trying to add new technical features like BT, or wireless updating.

The point is in this thread or the Stern and JJP issue thread people were saying it has been quiet are the issues all gone sory if this had been posted in the wrong thread the facts do stay the same though. BT lol not a single issue had to do with the BT

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

The point is in this thread or the Stern and JJP issue thread people were saying it has been quiet are the issues all gone sory if this had been posted in the wrong thread the facts do stay the same though. BT lol not a single issue had to do with the BT

You mentioned BT not connecting in your post! The fact is there are almost always issues with games out of the box. Most are very minor and require simple adjustments. I'm hoping that the MAJOR issues have dissipated i.e. play field problems. Sounds like maybe thats the case, but that doesn't mean it won't happen in the future. JJP is doing a great job with adding technology features, which improve the customer experience. BT is a very nice touch, but the WIFI update feature is awesome....where is Stern on this?

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

You mentioned BT not connecting in your post! The fact is there are almost always issues with games out of the box. Most are very minor and require simple adjustments. I'm hoping that the MAJOR issues have dissipated i.e. play field problems. Sounds like maybe thats the case, but that doesn't mean it won't happen in the future. JJP is doing a great job with adding technology features, which improve the customer experience. BT is a very nice touch, but the WIFI update feature is awesome....where is Stern on this?

JY64 trolls this thread and other threads to try and bash JJP games.
It must make him feel bigger to beLITTLE other people.

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Clearly....sounds like he's upset he can't afford a JJP game! His comment was really about a BT problem, which is a new feature and will take some tweaking as they move forward. I comment JJP for adding features that improve the user experience.

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Clearly....sounds like he's upset he can't afford a JJP game! His comment was really about a BT problem, which is a new feature and will take some tweaking as they move forward. I comment JJP for adding features that improve the user experience.

JJP has always looked forward with new tech and ideals.There’s a list I’m just too lazy to list them

#315 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

BT is a very nice touch, but the WIFI update feature is awesome....where is Stern on this?

Stern just announced they have merged with Zizzle which explains a lot. He is just a baby in the corner. Plus he is pissed GNR destroyed LZ. He’s embarrassed.

#316 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Stern just announced they have merged with Zizzle which explains a lot. He is just a baby in the corner. Plus he is pissed GNR destroyed LZ. He’s embarrassed.

I absolutely LOVE my stern games (Elvira and Jurassic Park).

Watching the gameplay of LZ though.... yikes. When you crank out as many games as stern does they aren’t all going to be home runs, or even bunts in the case of LZ.

I guess I’ll never understand the blind allegiance to either company.

#317 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I absolutely LOVE my stern games (Elvira and Jurassic Park).
Watching the gameplay of LZ though.... yikes. When you crank out as many games as stern does they aren’t all going to be home runs, or even bunts in the case of LZ.
I guess I’ll never understand the blind allegiance to either company.

I have owned over 15 Stern pinballs so they have gotten my $. I’m just sick of the fanboys running their mouth. If everyone would shut up about who makes a better pinball, the fighting and bickering would stop or come close.

#318 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Hear is a few of your post from the LZ hype thread Troll "It’s still fugly!" "What you don’t want a new Zaccaria pinball machine?" "Dude you could’ve had some credibility and then you call GnR boring?"

#319 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Actualy I just draged and drop what had been said from the BT thread one person actualy said
" As it started to start up again we tried to reconnect the Bluetooth and no go, What is going on??" "Hi I had it working on my le but that’s about the only thing that works this pin is a pc of shit junk junk junk " so no the BT was not the issue

#320 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Hear is a few of your post from the LZ hype thread Troll "It’s still fugly!" "What you don’t want a new Zaccaria pinball machine?" "Dude you could’ve had some credibility and then you call GnR boring?"

Ok let us look at this point to point
1.Thread LZ vs GnR/LZ is fugly
2.The Zaccaria comment was about the new Alien manufacturing location
3.Once again on the vs thread Hazoff a well known crazy claimed he played GnR and decided it was boring and LZ was superior.Really
Say what you want about GnR but to say it’s boring you lose credibility
4.What point is not true?

#321 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have owned over 15 Stern pinballs so they have gotten my $. I’m just sick of the fanboys running their mouth. If everyone would shut up about who makes a better pinball, the fighting and bickering would stop or come close.

very fair point. call out bullshit when you see it, and praise the good stuff. both of these companies keep it entertaining, in a good way.

#322 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

very fair point. call out bullshit when you see it, and praise the good stuff. both of these companies keep it entertaining, in a good way.

By the way, I like EHOH.

#323 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

For those of you whe thought the issues were gone check the Bluetooth thread...

Just wanted to justify my downvote, as I have been following this thread that Dantesmark started, since it was about PLAYFIELD issues. Your decision to bring in issues documented in another thread about Bluetooth technology totally derailed this thread. What does Bluetooth, sound board, or anything else you posted have to do with the original topic of playfield (chipping and pooling) issues? Zero. I know I am just throwing fuel on the fire, and I know the answer already; nothing.

I would just like this thread to return back to the original topic IF there is still a playfield issue or not.

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Just wanted to justify my downvote, as I have been following this thread that dantesmark started, since it was about PLAYFIELD issues. Your decision to bring in issues documented in another thread about Bluetooth technology totally derailed this thread. What does Bluetooth, sound board, or anything else you posted have to do with the original topic of playfield (chipping and pooling) issues? Zero. I know I am just throwing fuel on the fire, and I know the answer already; nothing.
I would just like this thread to return back to the original topic IF there is still a playfield issue or not.

Totally agree. Thx J

#325 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Ok let us look at this point to point
1.Thread LZ vs GnR/LZ is fugly
2.The Zaccaria comment was about the new Alien manufacturing location
3.Once again on the vs thread Hazoff a well known crazy claimed he played GnR and decided it was boring and LZ was superior.Really
Say what you want about GnR but to say it’s boring you lose credibility
4.What point is not true?

LOL the point is these are not from the VS thread they are from the Hype thread that makes you a troll

#326 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

LOL the point is these are not from the VS thread they are from the Hype thread that makes you a troll

A very tall strong troll!You got me wee man

#327 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

A very tall strong troll!You got me wee man

You take care you tall strong troll LOL

377455 (resized).png377455 (resized).png
#328 3 years ago

Had my GNR LE for a couple of weeks now...here is my playfield report...

Very minor pooling around 1 standup post in pop bumper area otherwise playfield it is excellent...

2 weeks later
#329 3 years ago

Just checking in.... Anyone with earlier playfield/pooling issues have any success with JJP offering a solution? Filed a claim in October shortly after receiving my SE, some back and forth emails, but no resolution to date. Patiently waiting

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Just checking in.... Anyone with earlier playfield/pooling issues have any success with JJP offering a solution? Filed a claim in October shortly after receiving my SE, some back and forth emails, but no resolution to date. Patiently waiting

No resolution, but after weeks of waiting they did finally reach out to ask me for the build date of my playfield, so it seems they are trying to come up with some sort of resolution.

#331 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

No resolution, but after weeks of waiting they did finally reach out to ask me for the build date of my playfield, so it seems they are trying to come up with some sort of resolution.

Thanks! I have mostly been in contact with Barry. My machine is October build date, but playfield number is 1622... Not sure what that equates to?

#332 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Do you have chipping or just pooling?

#333 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Both, the spot I have chipping I believe was caused by someone tightening something down too much. You can see the clear going in a clockwise pattern where the chip is. So probably over tightening on a playfield not fully cured.

I am clueless on clear coat application, so this is just an assumption on my part.

#334 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Thanks! I have mostly been in contact with Barry. My machine is October build date, but playfield number is 1622... Not sure what that equates to?

You bet, was your playfield October or machine? My machine was October, but playfield was July. You can find playfield date if you lift the playfield, and look on the back side (right).

#335 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Pooling around the inlane/outlane posts, and clear raising around posts in the mid/upper sections of playfield. Thankfully no chipping at this point. I am 1,031 game in playing at home.

#336 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

You bet, was your playfield October or machine? My machine was October, but playfield was July. You can find playfield date if you lift the playfield, and look on the back side (right).

Wow, that one is harder to see Looks like 26. Juni 2020?

D893BD8D-74D8-4D4A-A925-995552F9D5FC (resized).jpegD893BD8D-74D8-4D4A-A925-995552F9D5FC (resized).jpeg
#337 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Wow, that one is harder to see Looks like 26. Juni 2020?[quoted image]

Mine was super hard to read, but yeah thats it. Ours must have been in the same early batch.

2 months later
#338 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Mine was super hard to read, but yeah thats it. Ours must have been in the same early batch.

Put me down for the same period.
Pooling in the left outlanepost and cracks growing behind the JAM target.One week plays between the foto's of the cracks. You can see it grow. 25th July playfield date.
Almost 2 month playtime now. Ticket made and Photo's sent to JJP.
Hope it gets taken care of. I am gutted. I love this game.

20210321_141532 (resized).jpg20210321_141532 (resized).jpg20210321_141641 (resized).jpg20210321_141641 (resized).jpg20210321_141751 (resized).jpg20210321_141751 (resized).jpg20210408_003613 (resized).jpg20210408_003613 (resized).jpg20210412_233718 (resized).jpg20210412_233718 (resized).jpg20210413_205639 (resized).jpg20210413_205639 (resized).jpg20210413_205651 (resized).jpg20210413_205651 (resized).jpg20210414_235401 (resized).jpg20210414_235401 (resized).jpg
#339 2 years ago

Had this same issue and found the post from yelobird to be helpful -

(https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands)

I used this technique for several posts and installed some wider washers to help protect... Overall pretty happy with the outcome. Here are a few pics of the left inlane post.

0479C4AC-BA21-4351-B5F6-AFAB4646139C (resized).jpeg0479C4AC-BA21-4351-B5F6-AFAB4646139C (resized).jpeg5D9CD93E-4112-438A-AEF9-3F4A187C566F (resized).jpeg5D9CD93E-4112-438A-AEF9-3F4A187C566F (resized).jpegD0AE607A-6933-48AB-B300-50F5DFB4AEA3 (resized).jpegD0AE607A-6933-48AB-B300-50F5DFB4AEA3 (resized).jpegF868C7B2-3755-4E67-9237-CAB06265E3DD (resized).jpegF868C7B2-3755-4E67-9237-CAB06265E3DD (resized).jpeg

#340 2 years ago

Build Quality.

#341 2 years ago

There was no excuse for these issues at $9500 and certainly not at $10,500. JJP should use the extra profits from the crazy $1k price increase and send owners of affected games brand new fully populated playfields. It doesn't matter if this only happened to a handful of games in the middle of last year, it shouldn't happen at all considering the issue popped up with their 2 previous games.

The other day I had a chance to play a TMNT LE, AIQ LE, and GNR LE on location. The TMNT LE and AIQ LE playfields looked great, no artwork around the posts which I thought looked just fine. However, GNR LE had chipping around the sling posts. I'm pretty sure the playfield was made in the middle of last year (location got one of the first games) but it still doesn't look good. On a side note the speakers on TMNT LE and AIQ sounded great...not so much I found for GNR LE.

1 month later
#343 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Put me down for the same period.
Pooling in the left outlanepost and cracks growing behind the JAM target.One week plays between the foto's of the cracks. You can see it grow. 25th July playfield date.
Almost 2 month playtime now. Ticket made and Photo's sent to JJP.
Hope it gets taken care of. I am gutted. I love this game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those aren't cracks by your guide rails, is just metal shaving debris that will wipe clean with a microfiber, mine does the same thing. Thought I could bring you a little good news.

#344 2 years ago

#345 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Those aren't cracks by your guide rails, is just metal shaving debris that will wipe clean with a microfiber, mine does the same thing. Thought I could bring you a little good news.

Holy crap. You are so right. It was situated under the ramp so acces wasn't to easy. After your post i got a magnetic pen and sure enough it sticks. However the pooling issues on the post is not so easily fixed i am afraid.
Thanks for making my weekend a bit better.

#346 2 years ago

I'm curious what JJP response has been to the games that have had play field issues?

#347 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm curious what JJP response has been to the games that have had play field issues?

Free $.02 cents worth of washers. You may or may not have to pay shipping.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#348 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Free $.02 cents worth of washers. You may or may not have to pay shipping.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Really? I thought I read JJP was willing to buy back games? Maybe that was just a rumor?

#349 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Really? I thought I read JJP was willing to buy back games? Maybe that was just a rumor?

They offered a buyback and never called. At least they never called me. First communication was in November. Outside of buyback they offered washers and "maybe even a free t-shirt".

#350 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

From what I’ve heard they said they will, but when someone tries to take them up on it, just crickets. I’d like to hear if someone has had their game bought back.

Edit: Bobby Hill beat me by 15 seconds

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 423 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pollis-there-an-issue-with-your-gnr-playfield/page/7?hl=jy64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.