(Topic ID: 280778)

Poll...is there an issue with your GNR playfield?

By Dantesmark

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 423 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Off2War
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Hows your gnr playfield doin?”

• Great! No issue whatsoever! 120 votes
    43%
  • Some pooling around my posts. 62 votes
    22%
  • I have chipping and/or missing artwork. 99 votes
    35%

(281 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7883429B-D6E9-416D-B481-5A78BC00AD24 (resized).jpeg
BED3FB18-A03B-4A41-AC54-A3C3AEFEE284_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
8AAB5122-68BE-4A79-A7D1-D7843BEECACD_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
332C5A36-D8B7-4107-931A-7E44C121646A_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
B25DDD26-058E-427B-A4DE-3F360B648ABC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
87EA8309-E194-46AC-BEDE-32FD4C0D7E67_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
2C817C44-ACBC-4D61-A84A-2C188E3A9CB1_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
1D3D945A-25C6-4A86-A4EC-DD695FF786BD_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
C1D582D1-CB89-4906-9D69-A76204FBBC9A_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
F1B21E17-C12C-456F-97F9-58BE2E11AE70.gif
33897668-31A4-4E9C-9EA7-4D692E165BE5.png
AA089DCD-BA5D-4BFF-9D14-00B46F8577A1 (resized).png
D48898A9-F9BC-4EE7-9CCB-A3F141CAF1E8 (resized).jpeg
1DC8275D-3AA4-4909-AD0C-EDB0E15D0DFA (resized).jpeg
275F917A-7452-4747-AB27-C6F2B3409F1C (resized).jpeg
EgoV.gif

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 423 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
#251 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

^^^^^Meanwhile JJP still posting sh^t on Social media - FB promoting t-shirts and blankets ffs.... why don’t they invest their time into the problems at hand, merchandise can wait.
This poor sucker buys his first pinball machine and gets a Playturd TM.
My temperatures rising

You really want their social media coordinator working on playfield issues lol

#252 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Lol..... not what I meant...however we know who authorises the Social Media coordinators posts for the merch advertising etc....
It’s bad judgment/timing on JJPs part when there are other more pressing matters.....is what I’m insinuating.
How about an authorised communication from them saying “we’re working on it” rather than them just deleting posts they dislike about Playturds TM which seems to be the only involvement from the SM Coordinator ref the issues.

Get some form of communication out...
I don’t care how many pats on the back they give themselves or hoodies they advertise after that, knock yourselves out!

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Yes, it’s better than nothing I guess.
Not many people have the clear coat skills this side of the pond though.

It is a shit situation. I wish thecplayfield manufacturers could get this right. It has been a few years now.

I am doing my best to make the most of it. I will not let these issues stop me from enjoying the hobby.

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Personally, I would have no interest in buying that, even with the new PF
I can't do a PF swap, so that offers me no benefit.

I get that this is not for everyone.

#255 3 years ago

Is there a build date or play field date stamped on these last pics?

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I mean, I'd like SOMEONE to work on it!!

#257 3 years ago

Quit yer Pinside bitching and SPEND! New titles! Great gameplay!

Forget those 1 or 2 folks who have encountered MINOR issues!

CE09EF78-6A04-4D24-B77E-ABF4875A1F98.gifCE09EF78-6A04-4D24-B77E-ABF4875A1F98.gif
#258 3 years ago

wow, 54% are having playfield issues... is that a record?

Haven't purchased a new in box game since 2013 because of the playfield issues.. been seeing it first before I buy at a way lower price

#259 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Is there a build date or play field date stamped on these last pics?

Mine is October build date. From the serial#, looks like #16 for SE.

#260 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

wow, 54% are having playfield issues... is that a record?
Haven't purchased a new in box game since 2013 because of the playfield issues.. been seeing it first before I buy at a way lower price

The numbers om this poll are BS.

#261 3 years ago

wow, seems like more issues than their should be. I hope everyone with a play field issue gets a decent outcome.

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

My jp had pooling out of the box... a nice chip too.

My JP has a thin piece of blue plastic sealed under the clear. Also has streaking where the ink looks to have been rubbed when wet around the “Main Event” insert.

(Also had a POTC and have a Wonka with chipping.)

#263 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

They sent out a service update on the disk weeks ago and it has been mentioned by several including #LTG. One drop of blue loctite and screw it back in. Takes maybe a minute to fix. They have since fixed the issue on the line.

where is the bulletin? I want to make sure my disc is solid.

#264 3 years ago

ball keeps getting stuck on the spinning record...wtf.

20201114_222156 (resized).jpg20201114_222156 (resized).jpg
#265 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

where is the bulletin? I want to make sure my disc is solid.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/46#post-5946401

Was posted in the owners thread. Also I believe the manual lists how to level the record.

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/46#post-5946401
Was posted in the owners thread. Also I believe the manual lists how to level the record.

Thank u, ill check it out in the AM.

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

Thank u, ill check it out in the AM.

Whats the record disc made of, is it plastic or metal?
Just trying to gauge how it’s gonna look later down the line..... after a bunch of plays.

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Whats the record disc made of, is it plastic or metal?
Just trying to gauge how it’s gonna look later down the line..... after a bunch of plays.

Plastic. The ball really only hits the post. I could see the record decal with some wear down the line possibly. I’m sure they will have plenty of options to replace the decal.

#269 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

ball keeps getting stuck on the spinning record...wtf.
[quoted image]

I had this same issue, only getting stuck at the top of the record. Checked the slope and adjusted to 6.5, no issues since.

#270 3 years ago

My SE shipped without the decal under the bass. Anyone with this as well? Is there a way to get this?

AD6763A2-F221-4CF2-91E4-8BCC55150F00 (resized).jpegAD6763A2-F221-4CF2-91E4-8BCC55150F00 (resized).jpeg

#271 3 years ago

Email jjp for it

#272 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

I had this same issue, only getting stuck at the top of the record. Checked the slope and adjusted to 6.5, no issues since.

my disc needed to be adjusted from below the playfield, its perfectly flush now after I adjusted the height with the screw and tightened the plastic wheel to keep it in place.

2 weeks later
#273 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

My SE shipped without the decal under the bass. Anyone with this as well? Is there a way to get this?

Did this get resolved? What was the JJP response?

#274 3 years ago

64 votes for issues so I'll guess maybe 10 - 15 are legitimate and the others are by the Stern Army lol.

#275 3 years ago

Totes magotes

#276 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

64 votes for issues so I'll guess maybe 10 - 15 are legitimate and the others are by the Stern Army lol.

LOL 55 votes no issues I quess that means 15 are legitimate and the others are by JJP fan-boys

#277 3 years ago

I have an open ticket for my issues still. Hopefully they come up with an acceptable solution, whatever that may be.

Bad ass game though. Cant get enough

#278 3 years ago

What issues do u have?

#280 3 years ago

JJP should do Tom Petty next. And anyone who gets a good playfield gets special access to this song:

1 week later
#281 3 years ago

seeing it is rather quite on this post i have good hopes my GNR LE will have no problems on the playfield when it arrives in january. Let's hope this is a good sign.

#282 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

LOL 55 votes no issues I quess that means 15 are legitimate and the others are by JJP fan-boys

Oh yes JY64. Commander of the Stern army 3rd Battalion

#283 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

seeing it is rather quite on this post i have good hopes my GNR LE will have no problems on the playfield when it arrives in january. Let's hope this is a good sign.

I totally agree with this statement. The silence of this thread and the inevitable dying out of it is a huge positive for jjp and peace of mind for us the buyer.

#284 3 years ago

No one has gotten a game to have a PF to bitch about.

#285 3 years ago

The only thing that this silence does for me is confirm I'll never own a JJP NIB machine. Ever. They've had this problem for how many years? A Decade? every since they started getting Mirco to do their PFs.

There's no such thing as trusting that Jack is going to make this right. He hasn't to date on any game and won't.
He needs to fire Mirco and find a solution; not fix this with washers and jury rigging.

#286 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Quoted from zr11990:

There’s been a lot of LE’s and SE’s shipped out to over seas and in the states I’m thinking the problem was mainly in the first single batch of four batches and the new playfields are better!

#287 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

This is total BS. Owners thread has people getting games almost every day at this point.

#288 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

There’s been a lot of LE’s and SE’s shipped out to over seas and in the states I’m thinking the problem was mainly in the first single batch of four batches and the new playfields are better!

I am thinking there are very few games with playfield issues. There are also a few people that keep posting the same few photos over and over. Plenty of games have gone out.

#289 3 years ago

I was having the same issue with the record but I found out why. I was missing the nut under the center of top side of the record. You have to press down with one hand on the top center of the record while screwing it from under the playfield to get it tight. I also ordered Loctite 425 for extra help. JJP said Loctite 425 ONLY - anything else can cause issues. It's hard to find and I had to order it at Staples.

See attached service bulletin for more info.

IMG_0405 (resized).jpgIMG_0405 (resized).jpgSerice Bulletin_GNR_Spin_Assy (3).pdfSerice Bulletin_GNR_Spin_Assy (3).pdf
#290 3 years ago

Wow, You guys are tough. I hadnt seen many posts about people getting games. Please forgive.

#291 3 years ago

I sure hope this got fixed. The lack of problems being reported is hopefully a good sign.

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That must be that ship that's permanently at sea, so to speak.
Nothing arrived in UK.
Nothing wants to go to Europe with the 25% so they must be going to Oz.

I hope the PF issues have vanished for good so we can all relax.

#293 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Nothing arrived in UK.

I can tell mine is arriving in Europe next months in Germany, screw the 25%. I wanted it and i am getting it. 2020 has been gutwrenching enough for me. 2021 is starting better than 2020 has been. My LE should be floating the ocean as we speak. Looking forward to playing it. It may indeed be a rare machine in europe for the forseeable future. This one is coming to the Netherlands.

#294 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I can tell mine is arriving in Europe next months in Germany, screw the 25%. I wanted it and i am getting it. 2020 has been gutwrenching enough for me. 2021 is starting better than 2020 has been. My LE should be floating the ocean as we speak. Looking forward to playing it. It may indeed be a rare machine in europe for the forseeable future. This one is coming to the Netherlands.

You better start stocking up on beer and snacks a whole lot of friends are coming over!

#295 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Congratulations

#296 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Nothing arrived in UK.

They’re not coming here either. I was told only 1 small container and I ordered on day 1 and mine isn’t on the first container. I think it’s only about 30 LE’s coming here

#297 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

They’re not coming here either. I was told only 1 small container and I ordered on day 1 and mine isn’t on the first container. I think it’s only about 30 LE’s coming here

Feel lucky. You will get yours before 500 CE owners.

#298 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Feel lucky. You will get yours before 500 CE owners.

Ruthless... absolutely. ruthless.

#299 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Ruthless... absolutely. ruthless.

CE owners are lucky but not until they get their pins.

#300 3 years ago

Honestly, i dont mind waiting a few months after release... get all the bugs out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 210.00
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 423 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pollis-there-an-issue-with-your-gnr-playfield/page/6?hl=tdavis7965 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.