(Topic ID: 280778)

Poll...is there an issue with your GNR playfield?

By Dantesmark

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 423 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Off2War
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Hows your gnr playfield doin?”

• Great! No issue whatsoever! 120 votes
    43%
  • Some pooling around my posts. 62 votes
    22%
  • I have chipping and/or missing artwork. 99 votes
    35%

(281 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7883429B-D6E9-416D-B481-5A78BC00AD24 (resized).jpeg
BED3FB18-A03B-4A41-AC54-A3C3AEFEE284_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
8AAB5122-68BE-4A79-A7D1-D7843BEECACD_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
332C5A36-D8B7-4107-931A-7E44C121646A_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
B25DDD26-058E-427B-A4DE-3F360B648ABC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
87EA8309-E194-46AC-BEDE-32FD4C0D7E67_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
2C817C44-ACBC-4D61-A84A-2C188E3A9CB1_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
1D3D945A-25C6-4A86-A4EC-DD695FF786BD_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
C1D582D1-CB89-4906-9D69-A76204FBBC9A_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
F1B21E17-C12C-456F-97F9-58BE2E11AE70.gif
33897668-31A4-4E9C-9EA7-4D692E165BE5.png
AA089DCD-BA5D-4BFF-9D14-00B46F8577A1 (resized).png
D48898A9-F9BC-4EE7-9CCB-A3F141CAF1E8 (resized).jpeg
1DC8275D-3AA4-4909-AD0C-EDB0E15D0DFA (resized).jpeg
275F917A-7452-4747-AB27-C6F2B3409F1C (resized).jpeg
EgoV.gif

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 423 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.
#151 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Because it's fun to click on a poll to support your team. It's just human nature, both JJP and Stern fans are doing it.

Well then they are fuckin stupid, I mean I'm stupid god knows, but even I didn't vote.

#152 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What?
Why would they do that, if they don't own a GnR what's to be gained by fake polling?
Also I don't care who the company is or how few machines are affected, if people pay this kind of money they should be allowed to voice their concerns.
Flabbergasted

Look at the data .... its BS....100 people voted with probably 150 games in the wild....zero chance 60-70% of owners are on PinSide...

#153 3 years ago

Listen shit happens in Pinball...games are very complex....what I really care about is how the manufacturer responds to fixing the customers issue. So has anyone with a problem heard back form JJP?

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Look at the data .... its BS....100 people voted with probably 150 games in the wild....zero chance 60-70% of owners are on PinSide...

Well if thats whats going on with pinside then it might be time to leave. Its one thing to poke fun and even fight a little back and forth but to fake poll? Come on man.

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well if thats whats going on with pinside then it might be time to leave. Its one thing to poke fun and even fight a little back and forth but to fake poll? Come on man.

Not a fake poll, but perhaps some fake answers.

#156 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Not a fake poll, but perhaps some fake answers.

Agreed. A new poll with pictures required would be better

#157 3 years ago

We cant even trust a stupid pinball poll.
Let's do better.

#158 3 years ago

There may be more votes in the poll then actual games shipped.

#159 3 years ago

I just think it’s funny there are JJP fans and Stern fans. I guess I’m a moderate. I like them all! BUT fix the fucking playfields.

#160 3 years ago

Hey man, regardless it’ll be a super fun pin! I’m excited to play!

#161 3 years ago

It’s weird how some people have washers on their posts and some don’t. Mine was shipped out day 2 after announcement so I’m assuming it’s from the first batch of LE’s. No issues yet luckily and I’m at almost 200 plays. My wonka had already started showing at this point so I feel a bit better about it.

C9406098-F4B6-4B9D-97EA-326BBFEC9D5F (resized).jpegC9406098-F4B6-4B9D-97EA-326BBFEC9D5F (resized).jpegD6627D29-C09E-4A0D-8596-A4160A7E8BBD (resized).jpegD6627D29-C09E-4A0D-8596-A4160A7E8BBD (resized).jpegEF96FE83-D6FE-4AB4-9A31-13D445C46264 (resized).jpegEF96FE83-D6FE-4AB4-9A31-13D445C46264 (resized).jpegF9494BFF-C310-4328-A59D-EAED3233A15A (resized).jpegF9494BFF-C310-4328-A59D-EAED3233A15A (resized).jpeg
#162 3 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

It’s weird how some people have washers on their posts and some don’t. Mine was shipped out day 2 after announcement so I’m assuming it’s from the first batch of LE’s. No issues yet luckily and I’m at almost 200 plays. My wonka had already started showing at this point so I feel a bit better about it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great.

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

Good g-d, are they capable of EVER releasing something that doesn’t trigger buyer’s anxiety for one reason or another!?!
I know pins are a hand-made special animal and some variation is to be expected, but it’s damn ridiculous that this issue only became a big deal 100+ years after the advent of pinball and is STILL apparently unresolved. Spending $10k on a toy SHOULD NOT be a gamble on any level at all! Imagine the outrage if Focal or Sonus Faber were shipping $10k speakers with delaminating wood veneers, off-center driver surrounds, or loose binding posts (or if Tele-Vue were shipping $10k telescopes with fingerprints on the internal optics or slop in the focusing mechanism.)
(Sorry for the (mildly) drunken rant, but I for one am sick and tired of hearing the “pinball is different” excuses and the resultant constant need to lower expectations! Give me a f***in’ break, man!)

I agree that the pinball manufacturers should have this fixed by now, but comparing them with other products in the same pricerange isn't really fair. If you took a 10k speaker and fired heavy metal balls at it all day long I'm sure they would get dents, chipping and other damages too. Pinball just so happen to have a very demanding environment which obviously other products dont have. You dont see people kicking, hitting or dropping their speakers

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I agree. I wonder what Stern is doing with the clear coat issues in the metal ball lane guides?

The fact that you have to point at stern to distract from JJP issues speaks volumes

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

The fact that you have to point at stern to distract from JJP issues speaks volumes

Are you buying a GNR?

#166 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Are you buying a GNR?

Considered for a min the standard but the upper playfiend is what drew me to the game also I hate the lightshow

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I agree that the pinball manufacturers should have this fixed by now, but comparing them with other products in the same pricerange isn't really fair. If you took a 10k speaker and fired heavy metal balls at it all day long I'm sure they would get dents, chipping and other damages too. Pinball just so happen to have a very demanding environment which obviously other products dont have. You dont see people kicking, hitting or dropping their speakers

That's just silly, both products should be able to be used for their specific purpose which, in the case of a Pinball Machine, includes having a metal ball bang around on it. That's not something a speaker was ever designed to experience, the speaker should be able to withstand continued and prolonged vibration, moderate temperature and humidity changes, etc. And I have seen people kick speakers, have seen vaccums banged against them, little kids grabbing and poking them, etc.

#168 3 years ago

We got our SE yesterday. Unfortunately there were these black plastic washers installed under the slingshot posts. Looks not really nice so we thought of an alternative.

We have produces a laser cut 2mm plexiglas which can be installed under the posts - from our point of view it spreads the pressure better than those washers.
It fits perfect with a playfield protector.

At this time we can not really tell if it helps but we keep you posted.
If wanted we can offer this solution but without any waranty regarding an improvement and also without any waranty regarding potential playfield damages.

IMG_2664 (resized).JPGIMG_2664 (resized).JPGIMG_2714 (resized).JPGIMG_2714 (resized).JPGIMG_2723 (resized).JPGIMG_2723 (resized).JPGIMG_2750 (resized).JPGIMG_2750 (resized).JPG
#169 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

My LE started out fine, I had posted all sorts of pictures as I installed the black mirror blades.
My playfield chipped this weekend and the record dropped. I’m waiting to hear back before I lift the playfield to repair the record, I want to be careful not to scratch the blades and try to fix both issues at the same time.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Buy a set of the cabinet protectors you insert before lifting the playfield and you'll have more piece of mind doing it. https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html?Category_Code=

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from protectors:

We got our SE yesterday. Unfortunately there were these black plastic washers installed under the slingshot posts. Looks not really nice so we thought of an alternative.
We have produces a laser cut 2mm plexiglas which can be installed under the posts - from our point of view it spreads the pressure better than those washers.
If wanted we can offer this solution but without any waranty regarding an improvement and also without any waranty regarding potential playfield damages.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Clever....be interested to see if pooling occurs around the perimeter of the plexiglass

#171 3 years ago

Instead of demanding better playfields....we should just cover the WHOLE playfield with plexiglass, no more pooling and we can remove everything and then put it back on, because its a fun project to do after you spent 10K+ on a machine. Forget playing it!

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If I were in your shoes, I would loosen the screws that hold down the posts then screw them back in to where they just secure it. I do that on my playfield swaps to keep things like bubbling or cuts in the clear from happening. Just a suggestion. Glad your playfield is good at this point!

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from protectors:

If wanted we can offer this solution but without any waranty regarding an improvement and also without any waranty regarding potential playfield damages.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good, though you probably want to make the perimeter of the plexi a little bit bigger so it covers more area than the post itself

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Looks good, though you probably want to make the perimeter of the plexi a little bit bigger so it covers more area than the post itself

Hows your play field look?

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

yea the data on this poll is total BS....OP was well intentioned, but there's way to many Stern Fan boys or JJP haters voting...theres probably 150+ GNR games in the wild, and my guess is less than 50% of those owners even visit PinSide let alone vote so clearly the vote is bogus.

There is a lot of JJP fans voting as well because when this thread was spoken of in the G&R is hear thread the votes for no issues took a big jump

#176 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

There is a lot of JJP fans voting as well because when this thread was spoken of in the G&R is hear thread the votes for no issues took a big jump

So you are saying once an announcement was made in a thread that probably has the most GnR owners participating, said GnR owners came here to vote?

#177 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Possibly? My guess is most games don't have issues, but a few clearly have problems. What I care about is what JJP is doing to help those customers? Are they silent on the issue? Have these customers contacted JJP?

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Possibly? My guess is most games don't have issues, but a few clearly have problems. What I care about is what JJP is doing to help those customers? Are they silent on the issue? Have these customers contacted JJP?

There are six different games on Pinside with chipping more with pooling make of it what you will

#179 3 years ago

This was my idea too.
I think it will work.
Only my version is a little bigger around the post to reduce pressure on the clear.
NO MORE CHIPPING AROUND THE SLINGS.
I even have a idea for a "reverse" protector that covers only the outside off the playfield that won't scratches the playfield under the metal guiderails. My home brew Aladdin has a completely covered playfield protector and works fine. But most of us don't want a plastic playfield.
But I prefer the first, aloose plastic under the slings.

IMG_20200122_223600~01 (resized).jpgIMG_20200122_223600~01 (resized).jpg
#180 3 years ago
Quoted from protectors:

Watching, very curious to see your results

#181 3 years ago
Quoted from protectors:

Now do it for every post in the game... this issue isn't limited to the slings unfortunately.

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

If I were in your shoes, I would loosen the screws that hold down the posts then screw them back in to where they just secure it. I do that on my playfield swaps to keep things like bubbling or cuts in the clear from happening. Just a suggestion. Glad your playfield is good at this point!

Don’t you feel like it would better for the posts to be more tight? If they are loose, they can move and cause the pooling/chipping. I think there needs to be a fine balance between loose and too tight.

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Now do it for every post in the game... this issue isn't limited to the slings unfortunately.

Yes sir will will start right away sir!

#184 3 years ago

Or they can fix the playfield issues and it doesn’t matter how loose or tight the posts are.

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Maybe becuase speakers are not designed to have heavy metal balls fired at them all day long
Where as a pinball machine is designed to have heavy metal balls rolled on it's playfield

#186 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Maybe becuase speakers are not designed to have heavy metal balls fired at them all day long
Where as a pinball machine is designed to have heavy metal balls rolled on it's playfield

Just like when I buy a rocket laucher I expect it to be reliable for a lot of shots lol.

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Don’t you feel like it would better for the posts to be more tight? If they are loose, they can move and cause the pooling/chipping. I think there needs to be a fine balance between loose and too tight.

The posts only need to be hand tight, the rail only needs to be secure, not bolted down tight, hence the entire reason for putting fiber washers underneath the posts, you are making contact but not forcing the rail to cut into the playfield. These posts for the rails are differnet than the sling post contact points

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from protectors:

I like the idea, but 2mm? I'd be concerned raising the rubber that much will slam the ball down that much harder. You may just be shifting from one problem to another.

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I hate the lightshow

d63edd9af879f866baea5e3c5b506959.jpgd63edd9af879f866baea5e3c5b506959.jpg
#190 3 years ago

My SE is perfect and I do have the washers

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

The posts only need to be hand tight, the rail only needs to be secure, not bolted down tight, hence the entire reason for putting fiber washers underneath the posts, you are making contact but not forcing the rail to cut into the playfield. These posts for the rails are differnet than the sling post contact points

I find it odd everybody should just expect this, but when someone mentions playfieldprotectors, there´s a scream to high heaven, that it affects the feel of ball movement.

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Considered for a min the standard but the upper playfiend is what drew me to the game also I hate the lightshow

Bullshit!!!!!

#193 3 years ago

#194 3 years ago

Come on man...the guy doesn't own a JJP game, has never owned a JJP game, and has no interest in JJP's GNR yet trolls the thread.....clearly he works for Stern

#195 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:Come on man...the guy doesn't own a JJP game, has never owned a JJP game, and has no interest in JJP's GNR yet trolls the thread.....clearly he works for Stern

It is just that I have always felt that people who spend $10,000 on a game are dumb-ass JJP themes also suck their best game is about a phone some day I may own a standard but this is not the day and neither will Toy story another lame ass theme

#196 3 years ago

I knew people would not get that but I really do not like the lightshow

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

It is just that I have always felt that people who spend $10,000 on a game are dumb-ass JJP themes also suck their best game is about a phone some day I may own a standard but this is not the day and neither will Toy story another lame ass theme

Clearly u feel that way...so why do you troll these threads?

#198 3 years ago

My SE is scheduled to be delivered on Monday. Will take some pics when I get it.

FWIW, I spoke with my distro and we got to talking about pooling/lifting issues with JJP and Stern games. He told me that he spoke to JJP back when several Wonkas had the issue. He said that JJP was getting tons of claims for replacement playfields but the majority (like 75%) were from people that were submitting the same exact photo. Go figure, there are scumbags out there just looking for a free playfield.

Moral of the story... if you don't have damage, don't be a scumbag and try to score a free playfield by faking damage. It hurts the people that actually need JJP support.

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

My SE is scheduled to be delivered on Monday. Will take some pics when I get it.
FWIW, I spoke with my distro and we got to talking about pooling/lifting issues with JJP and Stern games. He told me that he spoke to JJP back when several Wonkas had the issue. He said that JJP was getting tons of claims for replacement playfields but the majority (like 75%) were from people that were submitting the same exact photo. Go figure, there are scumbags out there just looking for a free playfield.
Moral of the story... if you don't have damage, don't be a scumbag and try to score a free playfield by faking damage. It hurts the people that actually need JJP support.

It takes a next level asshole to do something like that. Shameful, and I agree 100 percent. Guess I need to submit my claim quick before someone uses my pics, haha.

#200 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Clearly u feel that way...so why do you troll these threads?

Because Hot Wheels I like CGC but all old news so Stern and JJP it is as for trolling I do not speakup often unless some tool starts bashing Stern to build up JJP think Skyemont and lol romulusx

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
8,400 (OBO)
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 210.00
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 423 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pollis-there-an-issue-with-your-gnr-playfield/page/4?hl=freeplay3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.