(Topic ID: 280778)

Poll...is there an issue with your GNR playfield?

By Dantesmark

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 423 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Off2War
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Hows your gnr playfield doin?”

• Great! No issue whatsoever! 120 votes
    43%
  • Some pooling around my posts. 62 votes
    22%
  • I have chipping and/or missing artwork. 99 votes
    35%

(281 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7883429B-D6E9-416D-B481-5A78BC00AD24 (resized).jpeg
BED3FB18-A03B-4A41-AC54-A3C3AEFEE284_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
8AAB5122-68BE-4A79-A7D1-D7843BEECACD_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
332C5A36-D8B7-4107-931A-7E44C121646A_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
B25DDD26-058E-427B-A4DE-3F360B648ABC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
87EA8309-E194-46AC-BEDE-32FD4C0D7E67_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
2C817C44-ACBC-4D61-A84A-2C188E3A9CB1_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
1D3D945A-25C6-4A86-A4EC-DD695FF786BD_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
C1D582D1-CB89-4906-9D69-A76204FBBC9A_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
F1B21E17-C12C-456F-97F9-58BE2E11AE70.gif
33897668-31A4-4E9C-9EA7-4D692E165BE5.png
AA089DCD-BA5D-4BFF-9D14-00B46F8577A1 (resized).png
D48898A9-F9BC-4EE7-9CCB-A3F141CAF1E8 (resized).jpeg
1DC8275D-3AA4-4909-AD0C-EDB0E15D0DFA (resized).jpeg
275F917A-7452-4747-AB27-C6F2B3409F1C (resized).jpeg
EgoV.gif

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 423 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Edit noticed this post this morning with some issues under the rose plastic on the upper left area.
[quoted image][quoted image]

that looks to me like what would happen if a post was tightened to an extreme level. More like a cracking/lifting of the clear vs. pooling.

#102 3 years ago

Just changed my vote to some pooling... just passed 200 games and have 7-8 posts showing. Will continue to monitor for chipping.

32495433-7FC5-4D0D-9EC1-70FBD49815DB (resized).jpeg32495433-7FC5-4D0D-9EC1-70FBD49815DB (resized).jpeg3493B8AB-EE7F-4309-9559-3DEC156C24AB (resized).jpeg3493B8AB-EE7F-4309-9559-3DEC156C24AB (resized).jpeg4B97EBBF-CAAC-40E7-9799-DD59CAB0CB93 (resized).jpeg4B97EBBF-CAAC-40E7-9799-DD59CAB0CB93 (resized).jpeg5166D1C8-3A48-444D-8FA5-BF84D324ED2F (resized).jpeg5166D1C8-3A48-444D-8FA5-BF84D324ED2F (resized).jpeg6C57B759-CD3A-47DE-ACC6-B37143A2F076 (resized).jpeg6C57B759-CD3A-47DE-ACC6-B37143A2F076 (resized).jpeg75C9B8EC-E837-44B9-9F05-F9B0A9689E04 (resized).jpeg75C9B8EC-E837-44B9-9F05-F9B0A9689E04 (resized).jpegD5F34E77-8FBD-46C8-94AE-9B6DDE9A9DDA (resized).jpegD5F34E77-8FBD-46C8-94AE-9B6DDE9A9DDA (resized).jpegD8DC88F0-49A3-46C8-8909-6853C36A6983 (resized).jpegD8DC88F0-49A3-46C8-8909-6853C36A6983 (resized).jpeg
#103 3 years ago

this all really sucks - I would love to have a GNR but I am going to sit on the sideline to see how this plays out
No way could I deal with those PF issues, but I can live without this game

#104 3 years ago

Jjp posted on fb another ad and I responded with a question of how the play field issues are being handled. Their response was simply attaching the support link and telling me they will be happy to help with any issues on the game. So basically no definite response to how it will be handled or if the problem was even identified and fixed going forward.

#105 3 years ago

Everyone knows how these polls work, right? JJP fans are choosing "no issues", Stern fans are choosing "I have chipping", regardless of whether or not they have a game.

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Everyone knows how these polls work, right? JJP fans are choosing "no issues", Stern fans are choosing "I have chipping", regardless of whether or not they have a game.

All good

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Poll is meaningless. Pictures or it didn't happen.

#108 3 years ago

JJP should have solved this issue 2 years ago with Pirates. There's no more excuses. These games are insanely priced and the last thing customers should have to worry about are playfield issues. I love JJP games, and still think JJP is making the most loaded and fully featured pins in the industry. However, none of that matters if this is the type of playfield quality being offered.

#109 3 years ago

Im sure jjp knows the number of people who have contacted them with issues over the past couple weeks. If its only say 5 people out of 200 with issues, they will address them individually. But if its more like 100 out of 200 they will likely have to stop the production line until they get a fix.
If this really is a widespread crisis we will find out soon enough, either from jjp or the community.

#110 3 years ago

I would like to hear from some distributors on how many tickets have been opened on this. Likely wont happen as they are in the business of selling games.

#111 3 years ago

Not sure why you see people open their brand new games and celebrate that everything is fine. Pooling doesn't happen until it is played.... in this case, played not a whole bunch. :/

#112 3 years ago

My jp had pooling out of the box... a nice chip too.

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

My jp had pooling out of the box... a nice chip too.

Wow wtf. That's highly unusual.

#114 3 years ago

They should all go back to mylar and no clearcoat. Problem solved.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

But if its more like 100 out of 200 they will likely have to stop the production line until they get a fix.

Unless they have a shortage of parts, I doubt anything stops the line. I can see them attempting to improve playfields on future batches though.

They are just going to bank on those with games not kicking up too much of a stink, and deal with the others on a case by case basis.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Theese pf´s are made in germany, then travels over to chicago for assembly.
If the clear isnt ready by then, it never will be.

Are you sure?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/clear-coat-curing#post-4743732

When I ordered playfields from Mirco, the smell of the delivered package was like a spray room in a coating factory - but the production date was 3-5 months earlier, based on his FB posts.

#117 3 years ago

This never happens when a restore playfield with new clear.
In mircos latest video he shows the new playfield clear an promise that all problems with chipping and polling is over.
Do they have old (new) playfield? Is there a date on the playfields?
Ordered a LE.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

In mircos latest video he shows the new playfield clear an promise that all problems with chipping and polling is over.
Ordered a LE.

What and you believe Mirco? He's a shonk.

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

Ordered a LE.

Do you have a link to the video? How new/old is the video and comment?

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

Ordered a LE.

I believe the new process is called Spectrum. Sounds awesome to me.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

What and you believe Mirco? He's a shonk.

Not sure what a shock is, but I agree. Lol

What is he supposed to say? "I can't believe people keep buying these crappy playfields?"

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Not sure what a shock is, but I agree. Lol
What is he supposed to say? "I can't believe people keep buying these crappy playfields?"

Not "shock", a shonk.

shonky
INFORMAL•AUSTRALIAN
noun
noun: shonk
a person engaged in suspect business activities.
"we need to rid the building industry of these shonkies quickly"

#123 3 years ago

Not "shock", a shonk.
shonky
INFORMAL•AUSTRALIAN
noun

What has been your shonky experience with Mirco?

#124 3 years ago

Is it the digital print method by mirco?

#125 3 years ago

Not "shock", a shonk.
shonky
INFORMAL•AUSTRALIAN
noun

Oh my phone hates me. I typed "shonk" and it corrected it for me.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#126 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Is it the digital print method by mirco?

I believe that is what they use yeah. CPR uses it now too.

#127 3 years ago

Obviously AXL got a little bit of crumbs on the playfield line while visiting JJP during lunch...

1f0Ah7J (resized).jpg1f0Ah7J (resized).jpg
#128 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Obviously AXL got a little bit of crumbs on the playfield line while visiting JJP during lunch...
[quoted image]

Old and not funny anymore

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

Ummm.... okay?

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Old and not funny anymore

Kinda funny !

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from Svend:

They should all go back to mylar and no clearcoat. Problem solved.

I was kind of thinking go back to silk screening. What's wrong with silk screening anyways?

Have CGC games exhibited similar problems? I don't recall reports, but I haven't been following the other thread too carefully. Do CGC do digital printing or silk screening?

#132 3 years ago

On the video, Mirco said new process has been going for a year already. Need to post the dates on these problem playfields. Sounds like there is a pretty long lead time on these.

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I was kind of thinking go back to silk screening. What's wrong with silk screening anyways?

Time consuming process

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

this all really sucks - I would love to have a GNR but I am going to sit on the sideline to see how this plays out
No way could I deal with those PF issues, but I can live without this game

Same. I could not imagine spending $10,000 and having to deal with this. I’ll wait it out a while and see what happens.

#135 3 years ago

I will never buy a new in box pin. Stern
Ruined it for me!! My JJP have been good. WOZ and dialed in! Sad to see this in such a cool looking game.

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

What has been your shonky experience with Mirco?

I've detailed my experience with Mirco on Pinside if you're keen to search for it. I'm one of many who've shared their not so pleasant experiences. In short, he offered so little help to what was "clearly" a manufacturing problem, passing the buck at every opportunity, hiding behind the considerable kilometres between him and his customers. In the end, it cost me hundreds of dollars to correct the issue. But it was the condescending manner in which he spoke to me which infuriated me the most! Makes my blood boil now even thinking about it.

#137 3 years ago

I've detailed my experience with Mirco on Pinside if you're keen to search for it. In short, he offered so little help to what was "clearly" a manufacturing problem, passing the buck at every opportunity, hiding behind the considerable kilometres between him and his customers. In the end, it cost me hundreds of dollars to correct the issue. But it was the condescending manner in which he spoke to me which infuriated me the most! Makes my blood boil now even thinking about it.

Who is this guy? Contact info please?

#139 3 years ago

So 90 people out of the 100 or so GnR machines that are out in the wild, partook in this poll....INTERESTING!

#140 3 years ago

Theres way more than 100 machines out there.

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

So 90 people out of the 100 or so GnR machines that are out in the wild, partook in this poll....INTERESTING!

yea the data on this poll is total BS....OP was well intentioned, but there's way to many Stern Fan boys or JJP haters voting...theres probably 150+ GNR games in the wild, and my guess is less than 50% of those owners even visit PinSide let alone vote so clearly the vote is bogus.

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Theres way more than 100 machines out there.

100 LEs from launch and they just started shipping SE's last week, so lets say 150...Wouldn't say "WAY MORE". Also according to Pinside ownership data, it states 122 people have LE's and SE's in their collection...I don't know how much I trust that number, because it also says 55 people have a CE in their collection. So I highly doubt 90 people own this machine and took part in the poll. Even so, 40 of them have issues, but yet only see like 5 machine or maybe 6 at this point with pictures.

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

100 LEs from launch and they just started shipping SE's last week, so lets say 150...Wouldn't say "WAY MORE". Also according to Pinside ownership data, it states 122 people have LE's and SE's in their collection...I don't know how much I trust that number, because it also says 55 people have a CE in their collection. So I highly doubt 90 people own this machine and took part in the poll. Even so, 40 of them have issues, but yet only see like 5 machine or maybe 6 at this point with pictures.

There’s a lot of people that add the game to their collection before they actually have it in their possession... so the numbers can be skewed in that regard

I’ve already paid in full for my LE but I have yet to add it to my collection as it’s not physically in my possession...

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

All that means is many people added the CE/LE/SE in the collection, however haven't received the game. I'd be shocked if more than 50% of owners even come to PinSide let alone vote in a poll...the only thing one can surmise is that the problem isn't fixed, and there are still bad play fields leaving the factory. My guess its less than 10, which is still too high.

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Do you have a link to the video? How new/old is the video and comment?

It’s from the expo festival (hope the name is correct) few days ago

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

This is probably also connected to the availability issue.
They cant tell you when you get your game, cause they cant tell you when this get sorted.
It's an enigma. Spooky sorted this problem almost right away and ap has never had it?
Stern doesnt seem to care, since their customers are apple'esque.
Then you have jjp, who had this problem for four straight games and how many years?
It recked the initial sale/rumour on wonka, and here we go again.....
Why is this company loyal to mirco? Are they deadset on bellying up?

My AP Houdini PF is as beautiful today as it was brand new. Flawless! Go AP!

#147 3 years ago

AP and spooky have the best playfields and it’s not particularly close.

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

There’s a lot of people that add the game to their collection before they actually have it in their possession... so the numbers can be skewed in that regard
I’ve already paid in full for my LE but I have yet to add it to my collection as it’s not physically in my possession...

When the money transfers out of my account, the machine is added to my collection.

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

but there's way to many Stern Fan boys or JJP haters voting

What?
Why would they do that, if they don't own a GnR what's to be gained by fake polling?
Also I don't care who the company is or how few machines are affected, if people pay this kind of money they should be allowed to voice their concerns.
Flabbergasted

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What?
Why would they do that, if they don't own a GnR what's to be gained by fake polling?

Because it's fun to click on a poll to support your team. It's just human nature, both JJP and Stern fans are doing it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,500 (OBO)
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 423 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pollis-there-an-issue-with-your-gnr-playfield/page/3?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.