(Topic ID: 44491)

Poll: Your pinball skills after an adult beverage or three....

By PismoArcade

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by GizzArd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“So... You've had a couple of adult beverages and decide to play some pinball. Your skills are...”

• Much better. I focus on every shot.... 32 votes
      49%
    • Worse: I stop caring about the game. 20 votes
      31%
    • What was the question again? 13 votes
      20%

(65 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 11 years ago

Just curious...

#2 11 years ago

at 1 drink better.

at 3 probably not so much.

#3 11 years ago

Worse for me. Though oddly I become much better at pool.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from krupa:

Pool, bowling and pinball skills are only enhanced by beer. (IMHO)

#5 11 years ago

With beer, I improve. With hard liquor, I need to test that.

#6 11 years ago

with one or three i'm just more relaxe, after a few more, early ss starts to look more like the ''a '' games.

#7 11 years ago

"Three... That's the magic numberrrrrrr!"

#8 11 years ago

I don't like to brag, but I have heard that I get better looking after three.

#9 11 years ago

LeG mee go c

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

at 1 drink better.

+1; although one night me and my buddy were drinking beers all night playing TFLE. Around 4am I was dozing off in the middle of gameplay while standing up and somehow made it to all hail megatron. I don't remember the events of that game but my friend said he was rolling so hard watching me kill the game with half an eye open passing out.

#11 11 years ago

Is Pepsi an adult beverage? I gave up on the alcohol inspired drinks probably 15 years ago, when I discovered that I wasn't all that smart to begin with.....and alcohol made me even more stupid.

#12 11 years ago

I'm just gettin' started at 3. You should have a "about the same answer"

#13 11 years ago

I like to have a couple if beers when I have friends over but my playing suffers for it. Ill stick to the beers though unless its league or a tournament.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

at 1 drink better.

ditto

#15 11 years ago

I'am bad before drinking.
    I am no better after a few drinks, but I tend to care less.
    I don't even notice after a few more...

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from krupa:

Same for me

#17 11 years ago

Probably worse, but I get much better at bowling

#18 11 years ago

You obviously haven't seen me play. Liquor could only improve the result!

#19 11 years ago

That's because beer makes you smarter:

http://www.wtop.com/267/2824032/Study-Men-are-smarter-after-a-few-drinks

Unfortunately, the study was conducted by drunk men, and the counter-study by their wives was never published.

#20 11 years ago

I prefer not to drink alcohol when playing if it is a serious tournament. If I am just hanging with friends, then a few drinks is not a problem. Though, my playing generally suffers because of it.

#21 11 years ago

I'd say my play is generally improved by one drink (because I'm more relaxed) and not affected much beyond that by a second or third. After three my performance goes downhill quickly. But I'll play all night anyway!

#22 11 years ago

up to three is ok, after three, it will go downhill lol. will still enjoy playing though

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rabscuttle:

That's because beer makes you smarter:
    http://www.wtop.com/267/2824032/Study-Men-are-smarter-after-a-few-drinks
    Unfortunately, the study was conducted by drunk men, and the counter-study by their wives was never published.

Of course beer makes you smart, it made Bud wiser! (ba-dump bump)

#24 11 years ago

Bad jokes aside, I've never noticed that much difference in my skill level between intoxicated and sober. I put up a 40M on an Earthshaker after four Long Islands where I was so drunk I couldn't shake the machine for fear I'd fall off the stool I was sitting on. But I don't tend to play a lot of pinball when I'm drunk, so maybe my sample size isn't large enough.

#25 11 years ago

Beer is a wonderful aiming fluid for such things as pinball, pool and darts.

#26 11 years ago

I drink a can of coke and then I get the eye of the tiger.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-your-pinball-skills-after-an-adult-beverage-or-three and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.