Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Where do you think a game needs to be in order to be considered "Collector Quality"??”

• Game is 100% (A+) Flawless and ALL Original (no reproduction parts) 21 votes
      19%
    • Game is 95%+ (Solid A) Hardly a blemish on the cabinet or playfield (minimal repro parts such as a ramp) 53 votes
      47%
    • Game is 90%+ (A-) Hardly a blemish/wear at all but a couple major Reproduction parts (such as playfield) 30 votes
      27%
    • Game is 88%+ (B+) A few minor issues - couple minor cabinet dings, very slight playfield wear 4 votes
      4%
    • Game is 85%+ (B) A very nice example with just a few cabinet issues, minor playfield wear (possibly covered by Cliffy's), but has a few upgrades (LED's, mods, etc) that bring up the value/collectibili 1 vote
      1%
    • Game is 80%+ (B-) The game has a few noticeable issues but better than player's condition. Game has Cliffy's covering wear spots (or decals to cover wear areas) and also has several upgrades (LED's, 4 votes
      4%

(113 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pop Bumpers.JPG
    Lower playfield 2.jpg
    Cabinet side by side.JPG
    Done 4.JPG
    Done 3-685.JPG

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's one of the anal things you will see when you start going with CQ collectors.

Yup, I don't mean to come across as a dink in this thread, but I have an extremely strict definition of CQ. As I said though, that game overall is an awesome high end example.

#52 7 years ago
    Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

It may play better than a NIB (pretty much a given for HEP, lol) but I don't personally consider it CQ if it doesn't have an original playfield. An artist may be able to create an exact replica of the Mona Lisa but it's still not the real deal.

My sentiments exactly. It has to have the original PF.

#53 7 years ago
    Quoted from Linolium:

Grubby coils is a minus, and I see some tarnish around the pop-bumper brackets. Not CQ, but a very very nice high end example.

Here's a better shot of all the pop bumpers installed.

Pop Bumpers.JPG
    #54 7 years ago

Yeah I'm sick of sellers throwing this term out there and expecting to get an extra $500-1000. If it truly is CQ then perhaps it deserves the extra money, but when you see scratches, dings, and less than perfect machines, I can only laugh at these folks. Man this is a brutal hobby.

#55 7 years ago

Personally, I'd much rather have the B+ listed definition than the A-, and I am not alone.

IMO, the definition that you are using for B+ is more of a "collector's item" than the A- is. It would be if it were a classic car too.

The reason is because the B+ is still a "survivor" where the A- is a restoration. Slightly worn original is more valuable to a real pinball collector than one that has been restored with aftermarket parts.

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from Freeplay40:

Here's a better shot of all the pop bumpers installed.
    Pop Bumpers.JPG 101 KB

I see some speckling or discoloration or fingerprints or something many of metal bits actually. Its typical and not a big deal, but CQ to me means perfect in every way.

#57 7 years ago

Well, after 87 votes the general consensus of what "Collector Quality" means seems to be somewhere between 90% and 95% perfect (a game you would say is about 93% perfect on average.) There could be a very small (minor) blemish or two to the cabinet, and minimal repro parts added/replaced (original playfield preferred.) No visible playfield wear (albeit, some dimpling is expected/acceptable).

A few people want it absolutely flawless (better than new) and a few folks think it is sitll worthy of being a collector with even a little more wear. But in general, the above seems about right on.

5 years later
    #58 2 years ago

LOL.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside