(Topic ID: 201953)

Poll: Your favorite Bally "Class of '81"?

By NicoVolta

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pincoin
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If you could only have one from Bally's "Class of '81"... which would it be?”

• Flash Gordon 36 votes
    14%
  • Eight Ball Deluxe 60 votes
    24%
  • Embryon 12 votes
    5%
  • Fireball II 5 votes
    2%
  • Fathom 75 votes
    29%
  • Medusa 9 votes
    4%
  • Centaur 52 votes
    20%
  • Elektra 6 votes
    2%

(255 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PM03-cover-low-res (resized).jpg
mysticglass.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Classic_Stern.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 6 years ago

81 also has many problems from keepers in a collection. I think right now I have Centaur , EBD, Fathom, Embryon, Flash Gordon, Medusa, Embryon. For my 80's I have Skateball, NGS, Mystic, Frontier, Viking, Stones. I would take the 1980 classic sterns and my 1980 Bally over my 81's but I am lucky to been able to own many of them. The 81's have some funky rules that just didn't get them quite there. The personalities of the games are amazing. Centaur - The whole lock ball and inlanes make the game a snore fest for anyone slightly good at pinball Too much multiball, just too much. Thanks god someone produced new ROMS. Fathom and the relock of the multiball. What were they thinkin'?. Horrible rules. Embryon is seriously cool. I like the game and still play it alot. EBD is a great game but geez thank god you can shut off Extra Ball. If I here shoot the "C" or "D" one more time I am going to break the backglass. At least you can spot both and shut up "Chet". Still hitting 70k over and over gets old. We still play it quite a bit though. Loved by all. Medusa is such a cool game and alot to shoot for. But "Klunky"/ All of them were much enjoyed back in the day but for the critical pinball player there is no better games then Mystic and Frontier. The most difficult and balanced games. I am fotunate to have owned my Bally's for many, many years so I am very familiar with the games, rules and how they last in a collection.

I realized over time "Sometimes I think NOT owning the 1981 Bally games actually make them a better game then owning them".

But hey these were some fantastic years to be in the arcade and I was fotunate to work for an op and open many of them NIB back in the day. Those were awesome days!!! We thought they were just amazing machines......and they were.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Freeland, MD
$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Classic_Stern.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-your-favorite-class-of-81-bally?tu=Classic_Stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.