(Topic ID: 228050)

POLL - Your Age range and Do you like The Beatles (Band)

By InfiniteLives

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Age range and if you are a fan of The Beatles (band not pin)”

• Age 20 and Under YES a fan 2 votes
  • Age 20 and Under NO not a fan 1 vote
  • Age 21-30 YES a fan 13 votes
    3%
  • Age 21-30 NO not a fan 4 votes
    1%
  • Age 31-40 YES a fan 65 votes
    14%
  • Age 31-40 NO not a fan 64 votes
    14%
  • Age 41-50 YES a fan 77 votes
    17%
  • Age 41-50 NO not a fan 87 votes
    19%
  • Age 51-60 YES a fan 64 votes
    14%
  • Age 51-60 NO not a fan 51 votes
    11%
  • Age 61-70 YES a fan 17 votes
    4%
  • Age 61-70 NO not a fan 4 votes
    1%
  • Age 70 and up YES a fan 3 votes
    1%
  • Age 70 and up NO not a fan 0 votes

(452 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

imaddddges (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
0a7787f918cc8d20e3aed88056f09867 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1540589835014 (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 5 years ago

48, my first memory was listening to She Loves You on a 45, which I only recognized by the Swan Label. Grew up on their music (along with all the other great 50's and 60's music), but the Beatles had a sound so different than everyone else. Love the Stones, Hollies, Zombies, Animals, etc, but The Beatles had it all, even their shittiest song on an album would have been a band's best hope to have as their best.

I listened to the Ballad of John and Yoko for the first time on the evening of December 7th, 1980. I listened to the song and read the lyrics at the same time (on the blue album). It was an ok song I thought. I never forgot that night.

I've seen Paul 5 times and Ringo 6, been to Beatlefest several times, spoken to many people who knew them...always good stories and those who knew/worked with them speak very highly of them all. Meeting Klaus Voormann 2 years ago was an absolute highpoint for me. He had great insights and to think he knew them from the very beginning.Their solo work was good, but when they were together, they were magic.

One of my favorite live clips:

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

John was a first-class asshole but wrote some great stuff and kept "The Beatles sound" as a solo better than Paul but about equal with George. This of course excludes Yoko ruining what she could.
George is my favorite and I use a Leslie speaker in his honor, though I hated a lot of his slide work.
Paul is the greatest Beatles Tribute Band there is but his individual independent songs frankly suck,with a few exceptions.

Agree on John, and for years I couldn't stand him. But I did read/listen to his last few interviews lately (the last one was the day before he was killed), and he really started to mellow out and came across much better. I've come to warm up to him a bit over the last few years... No denying he was not a very "good" person.

Disagree on Paul's songwriting, I still give the nod to Lennon, but Pauls' material kept the band afloat after 67 along with George. If you listen to the Pepper studio tapes, Paul was suggesting everything to John as he was tripping the entire time. As for their solo material, none of it is very strong IMO. It's a "sum of the parts is greater than the whole" application.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Paul was great during the Beatles, my take was on his solo work. Fans have been waiting for years to recapture just a little of the magic and he keeps putting out tripe.
As far as solo material from the rest? There were great songs from John and George that equaled/surpassed their Beatles contributions, even Ringo had a couple major tunes (written and backed up by John and George). I actually think Pauls latest Come on to me is about the best he has done in 30 years, all those sappy silly love songs and crap like Ebony and Ivory can go.
Of course a lot of people like his solo work so thats what makes the World spin.No biggie.

I think he maintained it a bit (not fully), but the problem was that none of them could do an entire of album of any decent quality. They were good for a few songs, just like Beatle albums. Wings had a lot of great songs, but only a few each album. Paul's Flaming Pie was a great album, you can tell he just got off the Anthology project.

Ringo and George started strong, but I don't listen to anything post 75 or so. Some of those early compositions they all wrote would have made for strong Beatle albums (It Don't Come Easy, My Sweet Lord, Junior's Farm, etc).

I was never a fan of Lennon's solo work although he last album (Double Fantasy), I think he started to get it back (I"m Losing You, Woman etc). From the people I talked to at the various Beatlefests, he really struggled with music during the late 70's once the started to slow down on the narcotics. He would just go into the studio and fiddle around.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-your-age-range-and-do-you-like-the-beatles-band?tu=Methos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.