(Topic ID: 228050)

POLL - Your Age range and Do you like The Beatles (Band)

By InfiniteLives

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Age range and if you are a fan of The Beatles (band not pin)”

• Age 20 and Under YES a fan 2 votes
  • Age 20 and Under NO not a fan 1 vote
  • Age 21-30 YES a fan 13 votes
    3%
  • Age 21-30 NO not a fan 4 votes
    1%
  • Age 31-40 YES a fan 65 votes
    14%
  • Age 31-40 NO not a fan 64 votes
    14%
  • Age 41-50 YES a fan 77 votes
    17%
  • Age 41-50 NO not a fan 87 votes
    19%
  • Age 51-60 YES a fan 64 votes
    14%
  • Age 51-60 NO not a fan 51 votes
    11%
  • Age 61-70 YES a fan 17 votes
    4%
  • Age 61-70 NO not a fan 4 votes
    1%
  • Age 70 and up YES a fan 3 votes
    1%
  • Age 70 and up NO not a fan 0 votes

(452 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

imaddddges (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
0a7787f918cc8d20e3aed88056f09867 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1540589835014 (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

yeah, they got it big time

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is it just me or do these look like pinsiders you have met or seen before? Especially the guy in the blue shirt.[quoted image]

Looks like the exact poses of some visiting guys on a meet and greet day I saw on Cathouse.

#53 5 years ago

I'm a man! I'm 40!

First exposed as a young banger in training at 9 yrs old by a friend who liked the bubblegum pop crap, Wanna hold your hand, She loves you... Barf.
7 years later playing in a hardcore punk band our drummer suggests playing some Beatles. Have you lost your f'n mind I thought? 4 chords into Helter Skelter I was completely blown away. I couldn't believe this was the same band. Where did all this kickassary come from? Fan from that day. White album might be one of the best albums of all time.

#54 5 years ago

The White Album and Sgt. Peppers were very progressive but, still retained that raw sound that drew me to them at first.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I love how it says (Band). I thought it was the other Beatles.

i did that so it wasnt another beatles pinball machine thread, sorry dad

#56 5 years ago

I like the album Revolver and some songs on other albums. I never put their music on though.

#57 5 years ago

Interesting poll results. It seems like age has little to do with whether or not you like the band. About the same amount of people in each age group voted "Yes" and "No".

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Interesting poll results. It seems like age has little to do with whether or not you like the band. About the same amount of people in each age group voted "Yes" and "No".

Not the way I see it. There appears to be a significant change once you get to 50+. i.e. the people alive when the Beatles were together.

#59 5 years ago

The Beatles had voices that were absolutely perfect for AM radio. I imagine (back in the day) you could hear that treble-heavy caterwauling for miles!
I really like this poll, very interesting to see it's split about 50:50 in most age groups.

#60 5 years ago

Probably need better wording for an accurate poll

Everyone probably **likes** some songs from the Beatles.

But we would need some way to define who is an actual **fan** of the Beatles

Have you paid money to see Beatlmania?

Have you ever bought any Beatles merch in the last 5 years?

Have you ever gone to a Beatles convention?

Would you agree that "Band On The Run" was better than anything Paul did with the Beatles?

---------

Paul McCartney & Wings - Jet [Rehearsal]

#61 5 years ago

49 years old. Not a fan. Sorry. And don’t hate me, not a stones fan either. But nothing wrong with peeps that are!!

Peace and love!! Peace and love!!

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Would you agree that "Band On The Run" was better than anything Paul did with the Beatles?

Close...I'd sneak Elenor Rigby in before

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Would you agree that "Band On The Run"

Not even close.

#64 5 years ago

I was 10 when I went with my dad to pick my older sisters up from Crosley field where the Beatles were playing. I liked the band a lot but, not the screaming, crying, jumping up and down my sisters and most teen girls were doing. Still listen to their music amongst many other old bands.

#65 5 years ago

Wow, I don't fall into that theory at all.

I guess that's one more we can add to the "You know you are not old when this doesn't apply to you" thread.

#66 5 years ago

Most Overrated band ever. Stern should have done Mamas and the Papas or Frankie Vallie and the four Seasons. Some of the best 60's groups out there and the licence would have been much cheaper.

#67 5 years ago

I know the price of this game is rumored to be pretty high, but do you think AARP members might get some kind of a discount?

#68 5 years ago

Big fan, member on a Beatles Forum for 10 years, built copies of their guitars and kept fresh versions of their music. Wrote songs and play guitar in the same "Vein" as Beatles style. Love tube -based stuff and Liverpool amp and voice emulators.
John was a first-class asshole but wrote some great stuff and kept "The Beatles sound" as a solo better than Paul but about equal with George. This of course excludes Yoko ruining what she could.
George is my favorite and I use a Leslie speaker in his honor, though I hated a lot of his slide work.
Paul is the greatest Beatles Tribute Band there is but his individual independent songs frankly suck,with a few exceptions.
That said, the pinball machine is a letdown for me, if anything would be my first NIB it certainly was a contender. I imagined so many ways this thing could have been created and presented and when I saw the video I was like Chevy Chase when he got the jelly of the Month membership instead of his bonus.

#69 5 years ago

While I appreciate The Beatles for their writing skills I was never into The Beatles. My father was a big Elvis fan and I was into Zeppelin and Police and Doors and Hendrix and Clash with some Stones tossed in there. I enjoy them more now I guess.
As related to pins, I just don't get into music pins. Never did.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Probably need better wording for an accurate poll
Everyone probably **likes** some songs from the Beatles.
But we would need some way to define who is an actual **fan** of the Beatles
Have you paid money to see Beatlmania?
Have you ever bought any Beatles merch in the last 5 years?
Have you ever gone to a Beatles convention?
---------
Paul McCartney & Wings - Jet [Rehearsal]

I'm pretty sure people can figure what the intent of the poll is. Yes, I'm a fan in the sense I appreciate their contribution, but I never put them on. Therefore, I vote no. Honestly, the same would be for all the other Music pins previously released.

#71 5 years ago

At age 64, grew up with the Beatles. To some extent, they changed the world, bringing about the youth culture. They certainly changed the world of music. Know nearly all of the songs by memory. My favorite albums were The White Album & Sgt Peppers. Do I own or would buy any Beatles music? No. Regard the band with a degree of respect, but at the same time see them as the Relics of Rock.

My thoughts on a Beatles pin. 20 - 40 years too late. Suspect Beatles pin is similar to a Harley Davidson pin. A most popular theme with unlimited potential but minimal effort involved in making the game play captivating. Manufacturers hoping the theme alone is enough to generate sales. A money grab. But very much how todays world works.

#72 5 years ago

My mother is 96 and was never really into The Beatles so she has no interest in this game.

However a Rogers and Hammerstein's show themed pinball game such as Oklahoma might help to get her off some of that heart medication and get the old memory working again.
hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

#73 5 years ago

I'm 17 and I've been a HUGE fan since I first saw them on the Ed Sullivan show BITD

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

I'm 17 and I've been a HUGE fan since I first saw them on the Ed Sullivan show BITD

are you a time traveler ?

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

However a Rogers and Hammerstein's show themed pinball game such as Oklahoma might help to get her off some of that heart medication and get the old memory working again.

Get her the new Oklahoma, that will get her blood pumping again

imaddddges (resized).jpgimaddddges (resized).jpg
#76 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

John was a first-class asshole but wrote some great stuff and kept "The Beatles sound" as a solo better than Paul but about equal with George. This of course excludes Yoko ruining what she could.
George is my favorite and I use a Leslie speaker in his honor, though I hated a lot of his slide work.
Paul is the greatest Beatles Tribute Band there is but his individual independent songs frankly suck,with a few exceptions.

Agree on John, and for years I couldn't stand him. But I did read/listen to his last few interviews lately (the last one was the day before he was killed), and he really started to mellow out and came across much better. I've come to warm up to him a bit over the last few years... No denying he was not a very "good" person.

Disagree on Paul's songwriting, I still give the nod to Lennon, but Pauls' material kept the band afloat after 67 along with George. If you listen to the Pepper studio tapes, Paul was suggesting everything to John as he was tripping the entire time. As for their solo material, none of it is very strong IMO. It's a "sum of the parts is greater than the whole" application.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Agree on John, and for years I couldn't stand him. But I did read/listen to his last few interviews lately (the last one was the day before he was killed), and he really started to mellow out and came across much better. I've come to warm up to him a bit over the last few years... No denying he was not a very "good" person.
Disagree on Paul's songwriting, I still give the nod to Lennon, but Pauls' material kept the band afloat after 67 along with George. If you listen to the Pepper studio tapes, Paul was suggesting everything to John as he was tripping the entire time. As for their solo material, none of it is very strong IMO. It's a "sum of the parts is greater than the whole" application.

Paul had the only good material post Beatles.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

An event like that can have a big impact on a young girl in her Tardis

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Revolver is their best album .

That is probably my favorite as well.
I also really like Magical Mystery Tour album as much if you count that one:

"Magical Mystery Tour" Paul McCartney with John Lennon 2:48
"The Fool on the Hill" Paul McCartney 2:59
"Flying" (Harrison/Lennon–McCartney/Starkey) (Instrumental) 2:16
"Blue Jay Way" (Harrison) George Harrison 3:54
"Your Mother Should Know" Paul McCartney 2:33
"I Am the Walrus" John Lennon 4:35
"Hello, Goodbye" Paul McCartney 3:24
"Strawberry Fields Forever" John Lennon 4:05
"Penny Lane" Paul McCartney 3:00
"Baby, You're a Rich Man" John Lennon 3:07
"All You Need Is Love" John Lennon 3:57

#82 5 years ago

I'm in my late thirties and not a fan at all. They have some catchy songs but the early stuff was boy band bubblegum fluff. The later stuff, while more interesting, was nowhere near as good or complex as bands that came right after them like Yes, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, or Genesis.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

#84 5 years ago

I’m just a fan of music period..I have maybe 20+ songs of theirs on my I tunes..are they the best? That’s subject to opinions..give me the soundtrack to American graffiti or some Stevie Ray Vaughn and I’m in my happy place...

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Disagree on Paul's songwriting

Paul was great during the Beatles, my take was on his solo work. Fans have been waiting for years to recapture just a little of the magic and he keeps putting out tripe.
As far as solo material from the rest? There were great songs from John and George that equaled/surpassed their Beatles contributions, even Ringo had a couple major tunes (written and backed up by John and George). I actually think Pauls latest Come on to me is about the best he has done in 30 years, all those sappy silly love songs and crap like Ebony and Ivory can go.
Of course a lot of people like his solo work so thats what makes the World spin.No biggie.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Paul was great during the Beatles, my take was on his solo work. Fans have been waiting for years to recapture just a little of the magic and he keeps putting out tripe.
As far as solo material from the rest? There were great songs from John and George that equaled/surpassed their Beatles contributions, even Ringo had a couple major tunes (written and backed up by John and George). I actually think Pauls latest Come on to me is about the best he has done in 30 years, all those sappy silly love songs and crap like Ebony and Ivory can go.
Of course a lot of people like his solo work so thats what makes the World spin.No biggie.

I think he maintained it a bit (not fully), but the problem was that none of them could do an entire of album of any decent quality. They were good for a few songs, just like Beatle albums. Wings had a lot of great songs, but only a few each album. Paul's Flaming Pie was a great album, you can tell he just got off the Anthology project.

Ringo and George started strong, but I don't listen to anything post 75 or so. Some of those early compositions they all wrote would have made for strong Beatle albums (It Don't Come Easy, My Sweet Lord, Junior's Farm, etc).

I was never a fan of Lennon's solo work although he last album (Double Fantasy), I think he started to get it back (I"m Losing You, Woman etc). From the people I talked to at the various Beatlefests, he really struggled with music during the late 70's once the started to slow down on the narcotics. He would just go into the studio and fiddle around.

#87 5 years ago

its probably cause of the whole Paul / Faul thing and this guy is a fraud

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't know... I mean they're the beatles and they have a lot of great/all time even songs but i also couldn't stand listening to like 85% of their music. But is that also because I'm 43 and have already heard it all my life?

Exactly!! Should be on an oldies station!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Various Novelties
Game Room Info Shop
Various novelties
$ 9.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-your-age-range-and-do-you-like-the-beatles-band/page/2?hl=mark66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.