(Topic ID: 228050)

POLL - Your Age range and Do you like The Beatles (Band)

By InfiniteLives

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Age range and if you are a fan of The Beatles (band not pin)”

• Age 20 and Under YES a fan 2 votes
  • Age 20 and Under NO not a fan 1 vote
  • Age 21-30 YES a fan 13 votes
    3%
  • Age 21-30 NO not a fan 4 votes
    1%
  • Age 31-40 YES a fan 65 votes
    15%
  • Age 31-40 NO not a fan 64 votes
    14%
  • Age 41-50 YES a fan 75 votes
    17%
  • Age 41-50 NO not a fan 87 votes
    19%
  • Age 51-60 YES a fan 63 votes
    14%
  • Age 51-60 NO not a fan 51 votes
    11%
  • Age 61-70 YES a fan 17 votes
    4%
  • Age 61-70 NO not a fan 3 votes
    1%
  • Age 70 and up YES a fan 3 votes
    1%
  • Age 70 and up NO not a fan 0 votes

(448 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

imaddddges (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
0a7787f918cc8d20e3aed88056f09867 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1540589835014 (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 months ago

With the debate going on in The Beatles pin thread, I am curious of the correlation of age and if you like The Beatles music.

just keep it to that, not the pin. plenty of other places to talk about if you love or hate the pin.

#2 8 months ago

My first album ever- Let it Be.

Purchased at Hudson's Dept Store, Northland in Southfield, MI with my grandma's gift money, Christmas 1970.

#3 8 months ago

Currently not playing the Yellow Submarine album, but I liked it as kid. Mostly play Abbey Road, or Sgt. Peppers, or a disc from the Anthology.

#4 8 months ago

34 and not a fan at all. That said I absolutely understand and appreciate their innovation and contribution to rock, just not my thing. I've truthfully never understood the age/music correlation. If anything, the older I get I have the patience and perspective to appreciate "older" music while still mainly listening to alot of the punk bands (and new punk bands) I grew up way into. I also knew alot of people in middle school and high school, my wife included, that were obsessed with the Beatles.

#5 8 months ago

I'm 27. I can recognize the enormous influence and brilliance the Beatles' music had on society and culture, and I appreciate it, but I wouldn't consider myself a huge fan. Especially of their early "3 chord pop" sound. I do like their complex later music though. It's amazing how they were able to adapt with the times.

#6 8 months ago

48 and a fan. I’m not sure there is much of a correlation. I turn the channel when Aerosmith comes on and I own Stern Areosmith.

#7 8 months ago

I am 16 I like the Beatles I'm not a die hard fan but they do have lots of songs I enjoy.

#8 8 months ago

I don't know... I mean they're the beatles and they have a lot of great/all time even songs but i also couldn't stand listening to like 85% of their music. But is that also because I'm 43 and have already heard it all my life?

#9 8 months ago

I'm 19 and I'm an alcoholic.

#10 8 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

LOL
Potm

#11 8 months ago

Sgt. Pepper was one of my first albums. Fan then, and now.

#12 8 months ago

I hate The Beatles! most overrated group of nothing I've ever seen I will turn the radio off if the Beatles come on no thank you.
Age 56

#13 8 months ago

That era of rock is a bit too old fashioned to my ears. And that's saying something considering that on the other hand, I enjoy jazz and big band swing from the 30s & 40s.

Like others have said, I recognize the influence they had, but I just don't enjoy listening most of their songs today. Although, several songs that are covered by other more recent bands end up sounding a lot better to me.

#14 8 months ago

I'm okay with some of their mid-late songs on a casual basis, and I own the remastered Sgt Pepper, but I wouldn't consider myself a fan.

#15 8 months ago

I am not sure how to interpret your poll. Like Beatles music and are a Beatles fan are 2 completely different things to me. I like the Beatles. If Paperback Writer came on the radio on my drive home, I would enjoy myself and sing along.

But I am not a fan. I am not posting on Beatles forums, or reading Beatles news or wearing a Beatles T-shirt. I am not going to go home and throw one of their records on my turntable.

I appreciate them. I love their complex harmonies. I love that they led the way making a concept album that could not be toured. I love their use of the mellotron. I like a lot of their music and thing McCartney has done through his career.

But I would not identify as a fan. But I don't feel right answering no on your survey.

#16 8 months ago

I don't really like them nor hate them. So I guess that makes me indifferent to their music. I understand the role they played in the music industry back in the 60s and 70s and how it opened the door for the British invasion and all. But, I just never really got into their musical style. In the end, I had to vote that I'm not a fan.

#17 8 months ago

as of right now split is 56/56 overall which is kind of surprising to me.

#18 8 months ago

I'm 56 and listened to The Beatles when I was like 10-12 years old.

But that was still a few years after they broke up.

I actually went from that to bands like Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin, but outgrew them and the 60s and 70s by the time I turned 18 in 1980. That's all ancient history now.

#19 8 months ago

Very soon to be 62 and I am a fan of the band. A pin could be a good fit for a lot of their music, especially the white album, abby road, Sgt. Peppers.

#20 8 months ago

I will add I pretty much listen to music mostly from the 21st century now.

Some of the alternative stuff from the 90s is still pretty cool though.

#21 8 months ago

Is it just me or do these look like pinsiders you have met or seen before? Especially the guy in the blue shirt.

hqdefault (resized).jpg
#22 8 months ago

59 and very much a fan of the band. I can listen to any album (Early, Middle, and Late) and it sounds fresh to me.
Especially the early stuff. Like the Ramones, it sounds as vibrant and new as it was released.

Big fan and big into the complete history of the band. (It helped to have three older brothers who passed down their influence of the Beatles to me.)

#23 8 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Especially the guy in the blue shirt.[quoted image]

Ha

#24 8 months ago

You can see we love the Beatles here at the Electric Circus but the pin will be out of our budget

FB_IMG_1540589835014 (resized).jpg
#25 8 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Apparently dyslexic, too.

#26 8 months ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Apparently dyslexic, too.

Blame it on my ADD, baby.

#27 8 months ago

52 and don't like the Beatles at all. Stones for me. Not even close.................

#28 8 months ago

I like a few songs overall don't really like the band

#30 8 months ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

as of right now split is 56/56 overall which is kind of surprising to me.

It’s because Pinside is whack. Haven’t you figured that out yet?

#31 8 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Blame it on my ADD, baby.

Just cause you snort Adderall doesn't make you ADD.

So that judge claimed anyway

#32 8 months ago

Mid 40's and like some of their songs. I don't own any of their music but will listen to a song or two on radio. Pin looks terrible but get what they are trying to do. Even if they did a better pin interest level would be low. Who hasn't heard Beatles songs 50 million times already?

#33 8 months ago

41 and not a fan. Love a lot of 50’s and 60’s music (rock, Motown, beach, etc) so it is definitely not an era thing. Stones all the way for me.

#34 8 months ago

Best band ever, I'm 52. They invented so many now standard pop songwriting themes and progressions that if you don't like them or their songs, you are sure to like songs that wouldn't exist if it wasn't for John and Paul. I doubt if the Stones would have ever been had it not been for The Beatles, and it was a Beatles throw-away song that gave Mick and his mates their break.
I don't really listen to the Beatles these days, because I know their catalog by heart.

#35 8 months ago

We can disagree about politics. We can disagree about religion. But if you think that Beatles suck, you are a moron.

#38 8 months ago

Well 4 Beck videos in a row was not what I was posting but oh well

#39 8 months ago

48, my first memory was listening to She Loves You on a 45, which I only recognized by the Swan Label. Grew up on their music (along with all the other great 50's and 60's music), but the Beatles had a sound so different than everyone else. Love the Stones, Hollies, Zombies, Animals, etc, but The Beatles had it all, even their shittiest song on an album would have been a band's best hope to have as their best.

I listened to the Ballad of John and Yoko for the first time on the evening of December 7th, 1980. I listened to the song and read the lyrics at the same time (on the blue album). It was an ok song I thought. I never forgot that night.

I've seen Paul 5 times and Ringo 6, been to Beatlefest several times, spoken to many people who knew them...always good stories and those who knew/worked with them speak very highly of them all. Meeting Klaus Voormann 2 years ago was an absolute highpoint for me. He had great insights and to think he knew them from the very beginning.Their solo work was good, but when they were together, they were magic.

One of my favorite live clips:

#40 8 months ago

Revolver is their best album .

#41 8 months ago

I love how it says (Band). I thought it was the other Beatles.

#42 8 months ago

When I think of the Beatles today, I cant help but think of the night we spent outside the Dakota after Lennon was killed.
Never owned any albums, or listened through them.....my mistake.....but they sure changed Music!

Count your blessings guys, I ruptured an eardrum, at an Earthday Birthday Concert after Ozzfest,
and now lots of music just hurts.....too many concerts without earplugs near the speakers....

#43 8 months ago

50 yo. And. Absolutely!!

I would’ve liked to have seen the pin done like Elvis or by Jersey Jack.

#44 8 months ago

Although I always liked them I used to argue with a good friend of mine usually at the end of a keg party in the woods that was something like the moon-tow in the movie Dazed & Confused that Zep & Floyd we’re way better. I saw him again recently and I finally gave him the satisfaction after over 40 years that yea they were the best that ever were or will be but I would still take wish you were here & Zep 4 on my desert island

#45 8 months ago

I like the Beatles very much. They are far from my favorite band, however, I find myself in more arguments about them than any other band because-love them or hate them, calling them overrated is the most preposterous statement ever. You might not like them but 100% of the (rock)bands you listen to were influenced by the Beatles. There’s no way around it.

#46 8 months ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I ruptured an eardrum, at an Earthday Birthday Concert after Ozzfest,
and now lots of music just hurts.

Most of it makes my ears hurt too, and I didn't rupture an eardrum.

#47 8 months ago

43 and my kids names are:

Harrison George
and
Penelope Elaine (Penny Lane)

Nuf said.

#48 8 months ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I'm 27. I can recognize the enormous influence and brilliance the Beatles' music had on society and culture, and I appreciate it, but I wouldn't consider myself a huge fan. Especially of their early "3 chord pop" sound. I do like their complex later music though. It's amazing how they were able to adapt with the times.

This is exactly how I feel. I'm 38 and have never owned a Beatles album. I like their music in movies and such for there are iconic tunes they have made, but don't ever ask my Amazon Dominatrix for music from them.

If John Lennon would have survived who knows, but my understanding he was already past his prime.

I have more reverence for Kurt Cobain, Dave Grohl, Chris Cornell, Billy Corgan, and Jack white than the beatles.

#49 8 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just cause you snort Adderall doesn't make you ADD.

So that judge claimed anyway

Snort?

Let me tell you 'bout a place
Somewhere up in Cee Tee State
Although the people act so straight, there
Boofin' the night away

Here they have a lot of fun
Drinkin' beer with their bum
Man, you find them rich and young
Boofin' the night away

Once there was a chick in slacks
Ended up on her back
Twistin' this way and that
Boofin' the night away

There's a man in black robes
How he got here, I don't know
Man, you should have seen his temper blow
Boofin' the night away.

Watusi, now fly, now Boof yall.....

0a7787f918cc8d20e3aed88056f09867 (resized).jpg

#50 8 months ago

Always a fan since I was young (going to be 41 in two weeks) and that’s coming from a rock n roll heavy metal fan. Don’t understand the old style game and wish it was new style with more in it. Beatles and Rolling Stones top two bands of all time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 36.99
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 254.99
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 29.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside