• LOTR 33 votes
    22%
  • AC/DC Premium 38 votes
    26%
  • Star Trek Premium 20 votes
    14%

(147 votes)

#1 6 years ago

My current collection consists of Spider-Man, BDK, Avengers LE Hulk, IM, and POTC. I only have room for one more game in the gameroom, and would like your opinions on which game to look for. Let me know if you’re within a few hours drive of Brighton, MI and have any of these for sale. Here’s a little info on my opinion of each game.

WOZ - Wasn’t a fan of the theme when it was announced, but have become a big fan of the game after playing it. The wife really enjoys it too.

LOTR - I’ve played this one a lot and really enjoy it. The wife likes it too.

AC/DC Premium - I’ve owned the Premium and the Pro. Both are amazing, but as a “keeper” I would look for a Premium. Really miss this one, and probably my all time favorite game. The wife will play it, but she’s not a fan of the music.

Star Trek Premium - I really enjoy this one more every time I play it, but i’m not a big Star Trek fan. It has a similar layout as Spider-Man, so not sure if this would be a wise choice in a collection of only 6 games. The wife has never played this one, but likes the Star Trek theme.

What do you recommend and why. Please comment why you favor one game over another.

Don’t forget to vote!

Thanks!

#2 6 years ago

WOZ.

I'm biased.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

I would say ac/dc. And it just so happens I have an original premium for sale. I’m located in 44720. It’s an original premium so it has the larger subwoofer and also has a shaker motor already installed. There are no issues with the game. Everything works and plays as it should. The lower playfield window is in excellent condition. The game has approx 600 plays. It’s huo and I am the second owner.

Now all that aside, Star Trek premium is awesome as well. I am not a Trekkie myself but I love the light show on the premium!!

I also have a Spider-Man and although they layouts are similar I still enjoy playing Star Trek. So much so, I found and upgraded to an LE and sold my premium.

Not a fan of LOTR , just too deep a ruleset for me. And WOZ I love the lights just not a fan of the theme and layout.

PM if you are interested in more about the ac/dc but anyway you go, best of luck with your purchase!!

#4 6 years ago

Just went from a rrwoz to a Acdc Premium. Hands down Acdc is just plain fun. Woz is a experience and a great pin but you already said acdc is your favorite so go with acdc

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

My current collection consists of Spider-Man, BDK, Avengers LE Hulk, IM, and POTC. I only have room for one more game in the gameroom, and would like your opinions on which game to look for. Let me know if you’re within a few hours drive of Brighton, MI and have any of these for sale. Here’s a little info on my opinion of each game.
WOZ - Wasn’t a fan of the theme when it was announced, but have become a big fan of the game after playing it. The wife really enjoys it too.
LOTR - I’ve played this one a lot and really enjoy it. The wife likes it too.
AC/DC Premium - I’ve owned the Premium and the Pro. Both are amazing, but as a “keeper” I would look for a Premium. Really miss this one, and probably my all time favorite game. The wife will play it, but she’s not a fan of the music.
Star Trek Premium - I really enjoy this one more every time I play it, but i’m not a big Star Trek fan. It has a similar layout as Spider-Man, so not sure if this would be a wise choice in a collection of only 6 games. The wife has never played this one, but likes the Star Trek theme.
What do you recommend and why. Please comment why you favor one game over another.
Don’t forget to vote!
Thanks!

You had AC/DC. LotR - maybe if you're a huge fan, but game times become very long. Star Trek:Prem - Spiderman has this covered already, and you don't like the theme, so...why?

WoZ. Lots there to explore, and good game for n00bs to pick up and have some cool stuff happen, yet deep enough for good players. This is the one.

#6 6 years ago

Woz is what id ad... very different from everything else u own.

#7 6 years ago

WOZ all the way!!

#8 6 years ago

I vote AC/DC Premium, with Star Trek a close second
WOZ is pretty, but not for the man-cave
Now Iron Maiden, come on in!

#9 6 years ago

I was deciding between WOZ or LOTR and went with LOTR. Now it's my wife's favorite. Great game and easy to learn. Fantastic callouts from the original actors themselves. I love Star Trek, but you already have SM so you have a flow game already. LOTR is a journey game, but around every corner there are surprises and challenges. Not that hard to get the movie mode multiballs going, but to beat them...that's more of a challenge and the payoff is worth it. SUUUPER JACKPOT, BWAH HAH, HAH, HAH!

#10 6 years ago

I own woz and acdc premium. If acdc wasn't my favorite band, I would have sold it by now. Still a great game, but I prefer mode based adventure games. Woz is hands down my pick here and is against most any other games.

#11 6 years ago

your collection = you need a woz

#12 6 years ago

I vote AC DC especially if you really like the theme but it would also be nice to have WOZ so you can have a jersey jack game.

#13 6 years ago

Nice choices ( ACDC is a prohibited theme in my household) but I would go with WOZ for a variety. I actually own the other 3.

#14 6 years ago

WoZ because it’s the best shooter in the “group”.

#15 6 years ago

I've owned all these games, and all are enjoyable to play. In my opinion the best shooters by a long shot are AC/DC and LOTR....WOZ is a fun game as well, but I never enjoyed the theme or the flow + its quite a bit more expensive than the others...

#16 6 years ago

Get dialed in. Lots of fun

#17 5 years ago

WOZ is winning by a large margin. Would love to find one locally.

#18 5 years ago

I own (or owned) all 4...I'd vote my STLE, then Woz, then LOTR, then ACDC

#19 5 years ago

I've had em all and currently own an ACDC. I would vote WOZ here. Just an awesome game. JJP pins are lightyears ahead of Stern IMO. I'm a Stern fanboy too.

#20 5 years ago

Really starting to get into my STLE, but WOZ wins this one.....

#21 5 years ago

I have had all pinball machines on this list. I have owned LOTR since 2003 it will never leave. I recently sold AC/DC to my brother in law so I can still play it. Fantastic game. Star Trek is still in my collection and most likely never leave as well. I recently sold my WOZ to make room for Dialed In. If this was on your list it would have been my choice hands down. For me it may be the best game I have ever owned, an absolute blast to play. That said based on your list for me it is either Star Trek or LOTR. Not sure if this helps too much but again you may want to consider Dialed In.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-woz-lotr-acdc-or-star-trek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.