(63 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zombi yeti pitch and bat (resized).jpg
NineSisters (resized).jpg
4Bagger (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Let's say someone produced a pinball machine for $5k that was your Grail theme and the funnest pinball machine you had ever played but the playfield consisted of one flipper, one ramp and three blinky lights. Would you buy it?

#2 6 years ago

The question is flawed. There's no way "one flipper" ever adds up to "the most fun game you've ever played" for me.

I'm fine with rampless if the game is good. Gonna need two flippers.

#3 6 years ago

The funnest pin ever for 5K I would buy unirregardless of the theme.

#4 6 years ago

Unirregardless.

Though I agree.

#5 6 years ago

I love it. The big internet debate of "regardless vs irregardless" just got one step deeper.

#6 6 years ago

Must be one of the home-schooled Kulek children.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

The question is flawed. There's no way "one flipper, one ramp" ever adds up to "the most fun game you've ever played" for me.

Granted it is likely impossible, but for the purpose of the poll it is given that it's the funnest pinball machine you've ever experienced. Could be due to the sound, theme implementation, superior rules, display effects, etc...we don't really need to get into why, it just is.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Could be due to the sound, theme implementation, superior rules, display effects, etc...we don't really need to know why.

I don't know about that. If there is a mechanism in the coin door giving us some sort of improper satisfaction making it the best game ever I may not buy it out of fear of being beaten by the wife. It would have to do something unusual given the limitations outlined elsewhere.

#9 6 years ago

I guess to a more general question - yes I would buy the best machine I had ever played even if it wasn't packed to the gills with toys and stuff.

I think Total Annihilation is a good, recent example. No ramps, no bash toys, but I'm still looking at buying it. Would love to try it first.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I don't know about that. If there is a mechanism in the coin door giving us some sort of improper satisfaction making it the best game ever I may not buy it out of fear of being beaten by the wife. It would have to do something unusual given the limitations outlined elsewhere.

A negative to special coin door mechanisms...

#11 6 years ago

I guess to a more general question - yes I would buy the best machine I had ever played even if it wasn't packed to the gills with toys and stuff.
I think Total Annihilation is a good, recent example. No ramps, no bash toys, but I'm still looking at buying it. Would love to try it first.

Okay, that's a yes to a different question.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Let's say someone produced a pinball machine for $5k that was your Grail theme and the funnest pinball machine you had ever played but the playfield consisted of one flipper, one ramp and three blinky lights. Would you buy it?

Wouldn't that almost make it a pitch & bat machine?

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Pretty much
"That's lame"
Oh it's a Star Wars pitch & bat machine
"OMG that's awesome take my monies!!1! I hope there's a Sith version"

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

My P&B has 3 ramps.

4Bagger (resized).jpg4Bagger (resized).jpg

#15 6 years ago

Poll: would you drain it?

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Except it would use a pinball which could be hit repeatedly.

#17 6 years ago

1953 Williams Nine Sisters with 3 flasher bulbs installed could qualify... one flipper, one ramp, 3 blinky bulbs. Fun too from what I understand, and the right example in the right circles could sell in that range. This must be the one the op had in mind.

NineSisters (resized).jpgNineSisters (resized).jpg

#18 6 years ago

Holy crap! Beautiful hand drawn art too! ^^^^

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

1953 Williams Nine Sisters with 3 flasher bulbs installed could qualify... one flipper, one ramp, 3 blinky bulbs. Fun too from what I understand, and the right example in the right circles could sell in that range. This must be the one the op had in mind.

Holy archive Batman! Great find!

#20 6 years ago

Someone should petition CGC that Nine Sisters should be the next remake at a price point under $5000.

#21 6 years ago

Ok, this probably has more than 3 blinkies, but: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gizmo-games-is-doing-pitch-and-bat

zombi yeti pitch and bat (resized).jpgzombi yeti pitch and bat (resized).jpg

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

your Grail theme

Nine Sisters is certainly one of them.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nine Sisters is certainly one of them.

I'm sure you could shake one loose if you started waving $5k around. I keep hoping I'll find one neglected in someone's basement for $200.

#24 6 years ago

You know it's as rare as hen's teeth and people push and shove to get to the front of the line to buy one, don't you?

#25 6 years ago

yea, one flipper doesn't add up to the most fun ever. 1 ramp I can deal with, ramps are not the end all. But 1 flipper really hinders your interaction level. Theme also doesn't mean that much as history has shown you can have great themes gone to shit, and shitty themes turn to gold.

#26 6 years ago

How about a flipper...that spins!

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Holy crap! Beautiful hand drawn art too! ^^^^

Some people will argue, but I think Williams had some of the most interesting pin tables of the wood rail era. Been looking for a single wood rail to add to my collection and I keep getting drawn back to the Williams titles. Just missed a Wonderland due to a flake CL seller not answering e-mails in a prompt manner, still a bit miffed about that.

#28 6 years ago

Unirregardless.
Though I agree.

I'm disgruntled about this, but hope to be gruntled one day.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm disgruntled about this, but hope to be gruntled one day.

irregardless of that...

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

How about a flipper...that spins!

how awful. Why would you bring that filth here.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

irregardless of that...

I could care less.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I think Williams had some of the most interesting pin tables of the wood rail era.

I agree. I have several.

I have only had the pleasure of playing one of Williams one flipper games, 1954 Big Ben, and it was more interesting and fun than the collection of other woodrails that was around it, including some of the higher rated games from other makers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Seattle, WA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-would-you-buy-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.