(Topic ID: 235524)

Poll: Which type of "Creepy" theme would you prefer in a new pin?

By Beechwood

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Poll: Which new type of "Creepy" theme would you prefer and why?”

• I would prefer a darker, serious, suspenseful type game as a new title 115 votes
      66%
    • I would prefer a fun and lighthearted game as a new title 58 votes
      34%

(173 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

House of Secrets (resized).jpg
    The Witching Hour (resized).jpeg
    20190212_141806 (resized).jpg
    MV5BMjE3OTY5MzMtYTVhYi00MmQ4LTg5MDAtZjMwZDUwYTU4ZDM0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1333,1000_AL_ (resized).jpg
    images (1) (resized).jpg
    fanart (resized).jpg
    The_Green_Slime_(1968_movie_poster) (resized).jpg
    l0StZcmlI5Md5dEJ906nqiu6GYS (resized).jpg
    110107peeweeherman1 (resized).jpg
    05349267-9CB4-4AE3-AD2E-FACFBCBA7C75 (resized).jpeg
    the-stuff-main (resized).jpg
    Creepshow_Cover_WEB_1800x1800 (resized).jpg
    zombie flesh eaters 03 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    creeps (resized).jpg
    b6e2742494e723c98ae71cf2fc339990--cardboard-mask-horror-comics (resized).jpg
    There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

I wish ACNC would have been Uncle Creepy and Cousin Ernies Creepy Castle.
    [quoted image]

I can say, there are a couple reasons I love this suggestion...

#102 5 years ago

Night of the Creeps, of course.

creeps (resized).jpgcreeps (resized).jpg
    #103 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Zombieland could fit both categories.

Zombieland Double Tap with original cast due this October.

LTG : )

#104 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Zombieland Double Tap with original cast due this October.
    LTG : )

Excellent!

Just watched original again on cable. A ton of goodness in that movie for a pin.

#105 5 years ago

Can’t believe nobody said this. Imagine the puzzle box being an update trunk mech from TOM. Also, imagine Pinhead’s pins raising up to catch the ball like in TOTAN. Lots of cool stuff here.

https://moviesfilmsandflix.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/hellraiser-dvd-cover-29.jpg

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

#106 5 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Can’t believe nobody said this. Imagine the puzzle box being an update trunk mech from TOM. Also, imagine Pinhead’s pins raising up to catch the ball like in TOTAN. Lots of cool stuff here.
    [quoted image]

Great theme and ideas there!

It’s one of the reasons I think SAW would be a great theme, the traps would lend themselves to some cool mechs and toys.

#107 5 years ago

The poll quickly went 2 to 1 in favor of dark over campy and has held steady ever since. (+/- 1%)

Interesting, and I appreciate everyone's insights.

You can't spell opinions without "pin"

#108 5 years ago

Since the Munsters transitioned a black and white show to pinball, I'd love to see "Abbott and Costello Meet the Monsters" featuring all the films where they meet Frankenstein/wolfman/Dracula/Mummy/Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde/ with a find the invisible man wizard mode and a "Go to Mars" mini wizard mode! Oh those scantily clad martian warrior women, Rrrrrrrrrrrr.

#109 5 years ago

Someone needs to re-theme an Apollo 13 into Friday the 13th (with 13-ball multiball).

But Elvira 3 is the only one that will make me talk to my wife about my getting one.

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from calprog:

Aliens!!! We need a real company to make the game like JJ or Stern. Not a liar and thief like Andrew!!!
    Also IT would be cool and also Evil Dead!!!

I wish someone would make aliens. It’s on my must have list. But with only like 200 made...

IT (the new version) would be creepy and fun I bet.

#111 5 years ago

There is only one movie where they use a real shark (not a rubber one) to fight a zombie
    zombie flesh eaters 03 (resized).jpgzombie flesh eaters 03 (resized).jpg

It puts Jaws to shame.

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

There is only one movie where they use a real shark (not a rubber one) to fight a zombie
    [quoted image]
    It puts Jaws to shame.

This begs the question... did they use a real zombie as well???

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

This begs the question... did they use a real zombie as well???

The original stunt diver chickened out when he saw how big the shark really was.

So Jacques Cousteau’s dive guide, Ramon Bravo, put on the zombie costume and fought the shark instead.

It's pure cinema art, especially for 1978:

#114 5 years ago

Quoted from vid1900:The original stunt diver chickened out when he saw how big the shark really was.
    So Jacques Cousteau’s dive guide, Ramon Bravo, put on the zombie costume and fought the shark instead.
    It's pure cinema art, especially for 1978:

A topless scuba diver with nice titties being accosted by an underwater Zombie?

Yep, that is pure gold right there

#115 5 years ago

How about really creepy, like the Large Hadron Collider opening a Black Hole and sucking a quarter of the planet in to it?
    Or The Day the Sun goes out where the whole machine fills with fog? The rest of the game will be played in a Cavern basement with blue balls.

Person of Interest would be a good Theme, facial recognition cameras print out everything about you on the screen while you are playing. It also links to your phone and displays searches and text message.

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

.... It also links to your phone and displays searches and text message.

Yeah, probably a step too far there

#117 5 years ago

The Stuff and Creepshow. I have translite ideas already

Creepshow_Cover_WEB_1800x1800 (resized).jpgCreepshow_Cover_WEB_1800x1800 (resized).jpgthe-stuff-main (resized).jpgthe-stuff-main (resized).jpg
    #118 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

The Stuff and Creepshow. I have translite ideas already
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Saw Creepshow in the theater. Gotta watch again, Was a fun movie

#119 5 years ago

Of course Spooky would have to make a pin like this.

#120 5 years ago

The Purge...would be seriously dark and demented in what the objectives would be. That said, I do prefer the more light hearted horror...and Zombieland would get my vote.

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from dnapac:

The Purge...would be seriously dark and demented in what the objectives would be. That said, I do prefer the more light hearted horror...and Zombieland would get my vote.

Purge...My wife and I have enjoyed watching the movies as well as the tv show (yes, we a little twisted). I can't believe that never crossed my mind

#122 5 years ago

Maybe for the more lighthearted creepy theme we should revisit Plop! Comics.

05349267-9CB4-4AE3-AD2E-FACFBCBA7C75 (resized).jpeg05349267-9CB4-4AE3-AD2E-FACFBCBA7C75 (resized).jpeg
    #123 5 years ago

Another movie that comes to mind is “House”, could be a decent pin with lots of clips to pull from.

#124 5 years ago

Simply terrifying.

110107peeweeherman1 (resized).jpg110107peeweeherman1 (resized).jpg
    #125 5 years ago

I think Resident Evil deserves to be in the conversation for a pin. This could be a cool pin. A spinning disk with the umbrella logo, but would be better if the Playfield was based on the mansion.

#126 5 years ago

Pulp Fiction would be another good one

#127 5 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

Of course Spooky would have to make a pin like this.

I really hope not.

#128 5 years ago

The Shining! Toys could include the hedge maze mini playfield (tilts/pivots to get the ball out), a wide staircase ramp leading to winding corridors and room 237, lock balls in the freezer (which would then spit out as the ghosts let Jack out leading to 'escape multiball' as he chases you around the hotel), the typewriter, the ballroom bar, the twins popups along a corridor... The playfield could be split in half, with the grounds of the Overlook at the lower end, and inside at the upper end... Hmm...

Game over/match music:

Just a thought!

#129 5 years ago

Not a horror movie in its truest sense...
    But Event Horizon scared me growing up! Pretty limited audience though I assume.

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from britrex1:

Pulp Fiction would be another good one

"Would love this one as well, Bad MotherF***er Multiball!!"

#131 5 years ago

Not so creep but cool and cultish. Would be a good spooky title. The Green Slime is another great one.

The_Green_Slime_(1968_movie_poster) (resized).jpgThe_Green_Slime_(1968_movie_poster) (resized).jpgl0StZcmlI5Md5dEJ906nqiu6GYS (resized).jpgl0StZcmlI5Md5dEJ906nqiu6GYS (resized).jpg
    #132 5 years ago

... or another broad monster them could be "Hammers House of Horrors"

fanart (resized).jpgfanart (resized).jpg
    #133 5 years ago
    Quoted from dontfeed:

Simply terrifying.
    [quoted image]

Oh good lord... terrifying is right. He isn't coming near my pin balls.

#134 5 years ago

These guys need a pin ...

images (1) (resized).jpgimages (1) (resized).jpg
    #135 5 years ago
    MV5BMjE3OTY5MzMtYTVhYi00MmQ4LTg5MDAtZjMwZDUwYTU4ZDM0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1333,1000_AL_ (resized).jpgMV5BMjE3OTY5MzMtYTVhYi00MmQ4LTg5MDAtZjMwZDUwYTU4ZDM0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1333,1000_AL_ (resized).jpg
    #136 5 years ago

Amusing

20190212_141806 (resized).jpg20190212_141806 (resized).jpg
    #137 5 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

Maybe for the more lighthearted creepy theme we should revisit Plop! Comics.[quoted image]

I'd settle for one based on House of Secrets or The Witching Hour
    House of Secrets (resized).jpgHouse of Secrets (resized).jpg
    The Witching Hour (resized).jpegThe Witching Hour (resized).jpeg

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-which-type-of-spooky-them-would-you-prefer-in-a-new-title/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.