• Judge dredd 47 votes
    7%
  • Junkyard 39 votes
    6%
  • Spectrum 41 votes
    6%
  • Vector 54 votes
    9%

(Multiple choice - 631 votes by 461 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dude (resized).jpg
06755832-C671-4B8C-8482-B4A88DBFDA0D.gif
D21C34E2-C535-401B-B442-82BC88078D92.gif
20190704_174146 (resized).jpg
770A10DC-0B08-4C44-9C7E-A8B3E47EFB8E (resized).jpeg
9BAE2B16-B69D-486E-9C22-5F3A4486CE7E (resized).png
5FC78DBE-F7F2-4FE7-97F8-A9E096F7322C (resized).jpeg
B3CDEFC3-F481-43F2-86E6-3618113EFC2B (resized).jpeg
A5E21D6B-19E6-4236-9B1D-0AA78E3BA6C1 (resized).jpeg
27CF7DF0-845E-46D7-8980-BCA6100AFC16 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4612 (resized).jpg
Pinball-Arcade-World-Championship-Soccer-PC-s62814-20170819001158 (resized).jpg
20190127_160440.jpg
20190127_160434.jpg
20190127_160449.jpg
20190127_160443.jpg
There are 836 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 17.
#701 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Open the new playfield and let it sit out in the open air for 6 months to a year. It'll be fine. I don't think it's a problem with the clear per-se, just that it wasn't allowed to fully cure.

The ink looks like it isnt adhering to the wood and lifting of the clear with it.

#702 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

The ink looks like it isnt adhering to the wood and lifting of the clear with it.

Correct...mirco does both the art to the wood and the clearcoat from my understanding?

Explain to me how this isn’t somewhat their issue?

Yes the posts being sharp is causing the issue at the slings and other locations of small thin posts but the clear peeling off at the holes and scoops is a totally different issue.

#703 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Just so I'm clear with all of these threads going on... you are implying that newly made playfields need 6-12 months to cure otherwise they will be soft enough that stuff tightened down on them will "pool" the clear around the items? Am I correct I inferring that this was not the case with clears 5 or so more years ago? Or that somehow playfields of that vintage and older were able to sit that long to cure?
I'm trying to understand how this affects me going forward both with my own restores (using SprayMax 2K auto clear) and new playfields from whatever factory. I see some folks have re-cleared some factory playfields but not sure there have been tons of scientific type comparisons of same vintage playfields. I just 2K'ed a JP playfield and waited almost no time to sand, buff and install playfield items and I see no issues so far. Is 2K/automotive not what playfield manufacturers are using?

Playfields can be cured a number of ways but it boils down to two methods - time or chemicals (or some combination). If you want it done fast, you cut corners. You can use extra steps and/or mix in accelerants to make them cure quicker, but that's more time/cost. The easy way to cure the playfields is just to buy them and let them sit in the open air.

I've had a number of playfields re-done (touched up and cleared) and ALWAYS let them sit for at least 6 months after I got them back. Never had a problem like you see on Sterns (bunching clear, chipping) or JJP (chipping, flaking, bunching). It's not an unsolvable issue, but I'm pretty sure they're all trying to find the balance between quality/durability and cost.

#704 4 years ago

I contacted Mirco and asked if i how long to wait before i populated a BSD pf. His responded by saying they used a special clear coat system and i could install immediately. I had no issues with the clear on that pf which i received last fall.

#705 4 years ago

This thread seems to have been sidetracked into matter covered elsewhere on this site...….

#706 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

This thread seems to have been sidetracked into matter covered elsewhere on this site...….

It ventured here since he was active in the thread and has chosen not to respond to emails or this thread.

#707 4 years ago

So was it Micro mixture/process or JJP curing time? Trying to ask either party feels like....

770A10DC-0B08-4C44-9C7E-A8B3E47EFB8E (resized).jpeg770A10DC-0B08-4C44-9C7E-A8B3E47EFB8E (resized).jpeg
#708 4 years ago

I've installed multiple Mirco pfs, Barracora just recently. Beautiful work.
Take this crap back to JJP thread, where it belongs.

#709 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

So was it Micro mixture/process or JJP curing time? Trying to ask either party feels like....[quoted image]

Obviously not jjp curing time as mirco says you dont need to let them cure.

#710 4 years ago

Agree with Extraballz.

#711 4 years ago
Quoted from swanng:

Agree with Extraballz.

Contact JJP, they are the manufacturer of the final product.

1 week later
#712 4 years ago

would love to see a baby pacman play field, defo buy one

#713 4 years ago

What about Nine Ball & Swords of Fury Playfields

#714 4 years ago

Still waiting for BlackKnight playfield

#715 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

Still waiting for BlackKnight playfield

Have you considered a hardtop?

#716 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Have you considered a hardtop?

Cmon now, he has some standards

#717 4 years ago

Hardtop no thankyou. Mirco supposed to be working on playfield so I will wait

#718 4 years ago

Black knight playfields are printed, I will receive missing screens for glitter next week. But I will not have them finished before my vacation so I expect them to be available mid to end of August.

Regards,
Mirco

#719 4 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Black knight playfields are printed, I will receive missing screens for glitter next week. But I will not have them finished before my vacation so I expect them to be available mid to end of August.
Regards,
Mirco

Perfect thanks for the update!

#720 4 years ago

I have a Swords of Fury playfield you can use for a template if you're interested?

I'm in EU.

20190704_174146 (resized).jpg20190704_174146 (resized).jpg
#721 4 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

I'm in EU.[quoted image]

Not for long it seems

Mirco, if you need SOF playfields I sent mine for repaint as there wasn't any other option. Can send it over for a quick scan when it's back end of september.

The painter is documenting his process here:

https://www.flipjuke.fr/viewtopic.php?t=136877&f=33

Gruss, Laurent (the swiss guy who just bought the BOP radcals )

#722 4 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Regards,
Mirco

Jeez, lots of vacations. Must be nice having a life.

I’ll start living mine someday. Not soon...someday.

#723 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Not for long it seems
Mirco, if you need SOF playfields I sent mine for repaint as there wasn't any other option. Can send it over for a quick scan when it's back end of september.
The painter is documenting his process here:
https://www.flipjuke.fr/viewtopic.php?t=136877&f=33
Gruss, Laurent (the swiss guy who just bought the BOP radcals )

Stricky speaking I'm not in the EU anyway: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey

Looking forward to visiting your beautiful country next week!

#724 4 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

Stricky speaking I'm not in the EU anyway: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey
Looking forward to visiting your beautiful country next week!

Have to say I have no idea of what's the status of the anglo-normand islands. But at least I know they exist and that they're not french

Welcome to Switzerland then! They predict a drop in the temperature for next week, which is good cause it was abnormaly hot. And this way you might be brave enough to try the fondue in summer

#727 4 years ago

big game ?

#728 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Jeez, lots of vacations. Must be nice having a life.
I’ll start living mine someday. Not soon...someday.

Get a Civil Service job. At this point I think they get six months paid vacation twice a year.

#729 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Get a Civil Service job. At this point I think they get six months paid vacation twice a year.

D21C34E2-C535-401B-B442-82BC88078D92.gifD21C34E2-C535-401B-B442-82BC88078D92.gif
#730 4 years ago

Indiana Jones Playfield coming soon?

#731 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Not true. After 35 years of federal service, I receive the maximum of 10 hours of annual leave per pay period (two per month), and 8 hours of sick leave per pay period.

Do the math. If you can.

#732 4 years ago

Is the Diner PF a possibility? I know that CPR have recently done this one but it's totally sold out

#733 4 years ago
Quoted from swanng:

Not true. After 35 years of federal service, I receive the maximum of 10 hours of annual leave per pay period (two per month), and 8 hours of sick leave per pay period.
Do the math. If you can.

36 hours of paid leave per month? Holy shit what an easy gig...
Must be nice

#734 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Indiana Jones Playfield coming soon?

I 2nd, 3rd and 4th this statement! WHERE’S THE BEEF?!?!

06755832-C671-4B8C-8482-B4A88DBFDA0D.gif06755832-C671-4B8C-8482-B4A88DBFDA0D.gif
#735 4 years ago

Alien Star please.

#737 4 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

I have a Swords of Fury playfield you can use for a template if you're interested?
I'm in EU.[quoted image]

PLEASE do Swords of Fury!!

#738 4 years ago

!!!Firepower!!!
Has been done but still many of us looking for one.

#739 4 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I've installed multiple Mirco pfs, Barracora just recently. Beautiful work.
Take this crap back to JJP thread, where it belongs.

Hmm someones salty. It is a legitimate question us JJP owners have been asking. There is no reason why a brand new game should have immediate chipping. When you buy a new house and 3 months in the air conditioner goes out. Do you call the builder of the house or do you call Trane and say WTF is this and have them come fix/replace the unit. Not unreasonable to ask the manufacturer why this is happening to our playfields so we can be more diligent and know how to best address the issue. And no my posts didnt have sharp edges and nothing was overtightened.

#740 4 years ago

Do you call Trane or Copeland the manufacturer of the heart of the unit?
My guess would be Trane!

#741 4 years ago
Quoted from kuelman:

Do you call Trane or Copeland the manufacturer of the heart of the unit?
My guess would be Trane!

Well fuck if we are going that far I might as well call Shenzin China.

#742 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Well fuck if we are going that far I might as well call Shenzin China.

That's pretty good analogy as you're talking about a guy from Germany.

Yall go back to the jjp thread

#743 4 years ago

I was not talking about a guy from Germany I was taking his analogy one step further. Didn't realize people on this thread could not read. I said if I have a house built and the a/c goes out I dont call the person who built the house I call the a/c guy. JJP built the machine, but it is a Mirco playfield and asking them why this is occuring is not unreasonable. Might I suggest reading more than one post before you decide to put in your "input" about the situation. Does this help

Warum versagt mein Klarlack?

#744 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

I was not talking about a guy from Germany. Didn't realize people on this thread could not read. I said if I have a house built and the a/c goes out I dont call the person who built the house I call the a/c guy. JJP built the machine, but it is a Mirco playfield and asking them why this is occuring is not unreasonable. Might I suggest reading more than one post before you decide to put in your "input" about the situation. Does this help

dude (resized).jpgdude (resized).jpg
#745 4 years ago

If you as a customer buy a product that is defective and you know the products are continue being made with the same defect and the vendor making that product is keeping quiet about it, wouldn’t you want to warn others?

#746 4 years ago

#747 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

If you as a customer buy a product that is defective and you know the products are continue being made with the same defect and the vendor making that product is keeping quiet about it, wouldn’t you want to warn others?

If you read the JJP thread Jack told a guy the defect is with his manufacturing. According to that other guy it's the people in this thread who can't read.

#748 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

If you read the JJP thread Jack told a guy the defect is with his manufacturing. According to that other guy it's the people in this thread who can't read.

So why is Jack making the same mistakes with Wonka. I actually have one of these tables. I moved a post in an outlane, didn’t overtighten and the ripples appeared. So I fix with a rubber washer. Jack’s people may be partly responsible but he did not create the problem when I moved a post. I’m not on a witch hunt. I just want to resolve it as best I can and warn others. I’m really hoping this does not continue with future playfields.

#749 4 years ago

You should read that post again. The post stated that they changed manufacturing to help with the issue I.E. they added clear washers on the later machines. I have one of those later machines with the clear washers. Guess what every post that goes through the playfield has rippling. Maybe if Mirco wants to put out sub par playfields they should remove their name from them.

#750 4 years ago

I sincerely do appreciate all the folks who help keep this hobby alive but there's literally no point of producing a product that can't even last 6 months in public. Seriously fix your stuff Mirco or at the very least offer your product bare ink (with a much reduced price tag) so we can send it to Kruzman or HEP for a professional clear coat that will last. And try doing some quality control while you're at it. Having holes drilled 1/8" off, uneven clear coat and holes drilled crooked is no joke either. Your reputation after the JJP fiasco isnt doing you any favors either.

There are 836 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-which-new-mirco-repro-playfield-titles-wanted-for-2018/page/15?hl=clellison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.