(Topic ID: 167226)

Poll: Which game would You purchase If remade?

By Pinballlew

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Yoski
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What game would you purchase if remade?”

• Pinball Circus 32 votes
    5%
  • Big Bang Bar 74 votes
    13%
  • Kingpin 67 votes
    11%
  • Attack From Mars 77 votes
    13%
  • Monster Bash 134 votes
    23%
  • Cactus Canyon 79 votes
    13%
  • Wizard Blocks 48 votes
    8%
  • Cirqus Voltaire 33 votes
    6%
  • An early Solid State Pin or EM (list what game in the thread also) 48 votes
    8%

(Multiple choice - 592 votes by 412 Pinsiders)

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Ok so what game would you buy if it were remade? You can vote for more than one.

#2 7 years ago

Oh definitely a Gottlieb Bad girls so I could smash it to pieces like that original piece of crap.

#3 7 years ago

AFM at $6000-$6500

#4 7 years ago

Wizard Blocks was never made, so if it was completed it wouldn't be a remake.

#5 7 years ago

BBB, but it would depend on the price
Not willing to pay a premium price for any remake

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wizard Blocks was never made, so if it was completed it wouldn't be a remake.

Wizard blocks was definitely made or they wouldn't exist.

#7 7 years ago

Centaur or Paragon. Any older game with great artwork combined with a well thought out playfield. Either that or...Bad Girls

#8 7 years ago

LoTR

#9 7 years ago

Tspp ?

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Wizard blocks was definitely made or they wouldn't exist.

Only a few protos were made and they're incomplete. It never went into production. I've played a proto and it's incredible - I'd love to see it finished and brought to market....but it's highly unlikely.

#11 7 years ago

Kingpin, Wizard Blocks and Pinball Circus all would find a home here if remade

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Only a few protos were made and they're incomplete. It never went into production. I've played a proto and it's incredible - I'd love to see it finished and brought to market....but it's highly unlikely.

This guy could be your answer:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theres-one-more-wizard-blocks

#13 7 years ago

Can we assume updated rules on any of these?

#14 7 years ago

I'd be interested in an older game like Joker Poker or Centaur, but not if it costs as much as a new DMD. $3K max. Zero chance of this happening so I'm out.

#15 7 years ago

ACDC Vault ... that horse is still kicking!

#16 7 years ago

Lazor Lord

#17 7 years ago

Monster Bash or solid states Centaur or Fathom.

#18 7 years ago

The 90s called. They want their games back.

#19 7 years ago

Pinball Circus. Have played it at PHOF in Vegas many times over the years.

Now I need one for the gamesroom to avoid the 13,500 kilometre trip each time.

#20 7 years ago

If they could make CC or MB for around $6000 I am in.
Some earlier titles that are nice are Seawitch, Quicksilver (both Stern) and Gemini (EM Gottlieb).

#21 7 years ago

Tron, but that will never happen

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Circus_Animal:

I'd be interested in an older game like Joker Poker or Centaur, but not if it costs as much as a new DMD. $3K max. Zero chance of this happening so I'm out.

I am willing to go as far as $4K. Should be possible especially on their own titles like Seawitch or Quicksilver since Stern already owns the rights. It's not like they have to redesign everything from scratch. Wiring, code, artwork, it's all there. Should cost them $2K max to put it together.

#23 7 years ago

I'd love for Stern to remake GnR but lose the widebody cab and the dumb wireform ball launch.

Would also love a SMB remake ... still a hot theme.

Take Elvis and retheme that game (Deadpool, Star Wars, Monty Python, anything other than Elvis)... keep the same rules, same playfield layout, just new art, new music, and new dots

I think any of those three would possibly get my cash

#24 7 years ago

Ghostbusters

#25 7 years ago

Solid state remakes that I would be interested in: Fathom, Spirit, Centaur, Quicksilver.

DMD's: Kingpin

#26 7 years ago

I would LOVE it if it were viable to remake some solid state era games. so many fantastic titles. but unfortunately, i don't think they would be any cheaper to manufacture than DMD remakes, meaning they would have to cost about the same amount, and i doubt many people would be willing to pay that much.

#27 7 years ago

I don't know. The last time someone remade Ghostbusters it didn't work out so well.

#28 7 years ago

None.

#29 7 years ago

Joust, SeaWitch, Stargazer, or Catacomb all come to mind.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I would LOVE it if it were viable to remake some solid state era games. so many fantastic titles. but unfortunately, i don't think they would be any cheaper to manufacture than DMD remakes, meaning they would have to cost about the same amount, and i doubt many people would be willing to pay that much.

I have no clue but I have heard both sides to the cost of this....what would be the max you would spend for an older SS remake NIB?

For me I would pay up to $3500-$4000 for a Frontier.

#31 7 years ago

$5000 seems in the ballpark to me for a NIB Centaur, Funhouse, or Banzai Run.

$4000 for a NIB F14 Tomcat, Mousin Around, and BK2K.

i doubt they could be manufactured and sold at a profit at that price point, though.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Maybe not. If they used Alltek (or something like them) boards they wouldn't have wouldn't have to engineer most of the electronics. Only issue would be the transformer, sound board(s) and possibly a rectifier board. That could be a big savings in production as opposed to adapt a game to some other system or engineering a system.

#34 7 years ago

Cactus Canyon would be awesome especially if it had updated code.

Early SS - Fathom

#35 7 years ago

I would be in on a CC if it would have the software enhanced/completed by the original programmer and the enhanced dots.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Maybe not. If they used Alltek (or something like them) boards they wouldn't have wouldn't have to engineer most of the electronics. Only issue would be the transformer, sound board(s) and possibly a rectifier board. That could be a big savings in production as opposed to adapt a game to some other system or engineering a system.

That is a great point...just maybe this is a possibility down the road!

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Early SS - Fathom

Why? You know it would only hang around the G-manor for about 2 weeks anyway.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Why? You know it would only hang around the G-manor for about 2 weeks anyway.

Quiet Zaccaria Boy!

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I'd love for Stern to remake GnR but lose the widebody cab and the dumb wireform ball launch.
Would also love a SMB remake ... still a hot theme.
Take Elvis and retheme that game (Deadpool, Star Wars, Monty Python, anything other than Elvis)... keep the same rules, same playfield layout, just new art, new music, and new dots
I think any of those three would possibly get my cash

I would love for Stern to show us what they can do with a widebody pin as other new company's are doing and pack a lot in a game

#40 7 years ago

Monster Bash all the way- under $6k would be nice....

#41 7 years ago

SharpShooter
Eight Ball Deluxe
Banzai Run
Fun House

I have some of the others, so I'm really fortunate. AFM is being remade and will be announced soon, unless all the clues over the last few years are wrong.

#42 7 years ago

Space Shuttle

#43 7 years ago

MB and CC for sure. And I know there's a lot of old ones out there, but the Williams Indiana Jones would certainly interest me as well. Early SS games I would like are Embryon, Spirit, and Nine Ball.

#45 7 years ago

I say CC because it was way beyond my expectations and rare. A remake is a perfect idea. I love MB, but there are more of them out there.

#46 7 years ago

I was able to spend a lot of time on Chuck's Tron today. Ohhh, so nice. A remake would be nice, but a remake for less money than an original is what I believe would be best.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I was able to spend a lot of time on Chuck's Tron today. Ohhh, so nice. A remake would be nice, but a remake for *less money than an original* is what I believe would be best.

LoL

That'll *never* happen.

#49 7 years ago

I didn't realize TRON was hard to find. It seemed like they made a ton of them. They have certainly held their value.

#50 7 years ago

I would love a new Bally Eight Ball if the price was right.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-which-game-would-you-buy-if-remade?hl=tatersalad321 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.