(Topic ID: 201732)

Poll: When do you think the next code update for GB will be released?

By Paul_from_Gilroy

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by RipleYYY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“When do you think Stern will release the next code update for GB?”

• November 2017 1 vote
    4%
  • December 2017 8 votes
    29%
  • 2018 8 votes
    29%
  • After 2018 1 vote
    4%
  • Never 10 votes
    36%

(28 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pm (resized).jpg
Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
#2 6 years ago

I'll check back after the new year to see how many got it right.

#3 6 years ago

If gog is shipping before Xmas and there is no new game for ces. Be a good time for 2018 Q1 for code updates

#4 6 years ago

GB code update will be a 2017 Christmas present from Gary.

Unknown-2 (resized).jpegUnknown-2 (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#5 6 years ago

So far, 1/3 of us got it wrong. Including me

#6 6 years ago

2018 for sure now that SW is at 1.0

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

So far, 1/3 of us got it wrong. Including me

Yep. I got it wrong too.

C'mon Gary. Pity we didn't get that Christmas present. But we understand your team needs to get it right first. How about an Easter present?

#8 6 years ago

stop calling for Gary ! do you really think he cares about tweaking codes of this or that pinball !?

Dwight is the guy, and he said, long ago, that GB code was done
but OK, hope is hope, we (well, you, as i sold my GB) never know

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

2018 for sure now that SW is at 1.0

yep, could be, that was the key point, IF he have some free time to spend on GB

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

stop calling for Gary ! do you really think he cares about tweaking codes of this or that pinball !?
Dwight is the guy, and he said, long ago, that GB code was done
but OK, hope is hope, we (well, you, as i sold my GB) never know

yep, could be, that was the key point, IF he have some free time to spend on GB

GB is not done. Stern has said for the last few "Stern of the Union" addresses that GB is getting another update.

#10 6 years ago

Hopefully this year.

#11 6 years ago

What exactly do you guys feel needs changing? Just curious..

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

GB is not done. Stern has said for the last few "Stern of the Union" addresses that GB is getting another update.

yep...

STERN has said
and even better, Dwight told me

but OK, again, truth of yesterday is not the same as today...
than, let's hope GB get a nice update, as the pin deserve it (and of course i will be happy if it happends)

pm (resized).jpgpm (resized).jpg

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yep...
STERN has said
and even better, Dwight told me
but OK, again, truth of yesterday is not the same as today...
than, let's hope GB get a nice update, as the pin deserve it (and of course i will be happy if it happends)

What am I looking at here? Redacted emails?

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What exactly do you guys feel needs changing? Just curious..

An actual final Wizard Mode that is complete. We Are Ready to Believe You is not complete as far as scoring and what not. I have not been able to get to that point yet but from the good players that do, they say it is very weak. They need to incorporate the Librarian insert somehow. Its there on the playfield but does not do anything. They need to balance/change the video modes. Don't cross the streams is very unbalanced and makes it a pain when this game is in tournaments. Everyone just picks that as the skill shot and its just people playing a video game. Gets very boring. They need to remove it as a skill shot and keep it as a goal of collecting ghosts like they have. The other video mode is worthless and there is no reason to pick it. Other then that I have no issues with it. I love the game! Would be cool to see some new images in the goggles as well for the premium/LE tables.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

An actual final Wizard Mode that is complete. We Are Ready to Believe You is not complete as far as scoring and what not. I have not been able to get to that point yet but from the good players that do, they say it is very weak. They need to incorporate the Librarian insert somehow. Its there on the playfield but does not do anything. They need to balance/change the video modes. Don't cross the streams is very unbalanced and makes it a pain when this game is in tournaments. Everyone just picks that as the skill shot and its just people playing a video game. Gets very boring. They need to remove it as a skill shot and keep it as a goal of collecting ghosts like they have. The other video mode is worthless and there is no reason to pick it. Other then that I have no issues with it. I love the game! Would be cool to see some new images in the goggles as well for the premium/LE tables.

We Are Ready to Believe You is not the final wizard mode, but it does need polishing.

Are you a god? is supposed to be the final wizard mode, but it hasn't been programmed yet.

Lots of changes needed.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

We Are Ready to Believe You is not the final wizard mode, but it does need polishing.
Are you a god? is supposed to be the final wizard mode, but it hasn't been programmed yet.
Lots of changes needed.

I am not so sure if "Are you a god" is the final wizard mode. Its not on the playfield but that doesn't mean anything. It is on the card BUT to me this was just a clever thing for them to put on it as a reference to the line in the movie. It just say - BE GOOD AT EVERYTHING. ? Ok. I think this was just something for them to be clever/funny and not really intended as a "mode". But I hope it is for more depth to this game is better and having one more thing to shoot for is great.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I am not so sure if "Are you a god" is the final wizard mode. Its not on the playfield but that doesn't mean anything. It is on the card BUT to me this was just a clever thing for them to put on it as a reference to the line in the movie. It just say - BE GOOD AT EVERYTHING. ? Ok. I think this was just something for them to be clever/funny and not really intended as a "mode". But I hope it is for more depth to this game is better and having one more thing to shoot for is great.

Stern can be vague on their cards. Tron's card for getting to the Portal mode says something like "skilled play".

I think it's the final wizard mode. I think that was the intention. It's just not programmed yet.

3 weeks later
#18 6 years ago

STERN has some new guys at coding departement, should be a good news...

#19 6 years ago

I knew the "last" GB will be coming in 2018. I suspect Dwight is already programming a new game, so updates for GB will come after an initial new code release. My prediction will be August when a GB update drops.

#20 6 years ago

well, as i said before, let's hope of course
and not only about GB, but for some more pins already waiting from time...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 103.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-when-do-you-think-the-next-code-update-for-gb-will-be-released and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.