(Topic ID: 67586)

Poll - What's Your Yearly Pinball Budget?

By Jags

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by swampfire
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What's Your Yearly Pinball Budget?”

• Less than $1,000 23 votes
      9%
    • $1,000 - $2,000 34 votes
      14%
    • $2,000 - $3,500 33 votes
      14%
    • $3,500 - $5,500 37 votes
      15%
    • $5,500 - $8,000 46 votes
      19%
    • $8,000 - $11,000 20 votes
      8%
    • $11,000 - $15,000 7 votes
      3%
    • More than $15,000 43 votes
      18%

(243 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

If we're including pins AND the parts, I'd say I try to keep it under $5k/year. I wouldn't say I have a BUDGET, it's whatever money that isn't work income.

#52 10 years ago

My pin budget is what my wife tells me it is.

#53 10 years ago

I agree a out the first year is filled with learning experience and building up your pins to swap out latter on or selling to up grade latter on after you enjoyed them for a while. My current line up is Theatre of Magic, Terminator 2, Star Trek Next Generation, Indaina Jones ( Williams ) Twilight Zone and Taxi. .. It's hard trying to find good pins at good price thru out the last couple years I have been burned couple times and learned how to make good deals on buying pins. I enjoy the hobby and have met allot nice people.

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Smart man. After all, we are the ones who have to live with our wives. It would be different though if we were buying Yankee Candles, curtains, shoes, Bath and Body Works products, etc.

#55 10 years ago

Crap, there is a budget? lol, I kid, I kid. I have a rule that I do not pay for any pinballs with credit! I only pay CASH!

#56 10 years ago

Lol I am the wife and its my hubby who has to put the brakes on me!

#57 10 years ago

I've got a pretty sweet arrangement with my business partner. Since I buy the pins and keep them up, we agree that our company pays for all repair parts/enhancements.

#58 10 years ago

What is a budget? I buy machines I want and tell my wife they cost a whole lot less than what they actually do and maintenance is what it is, gotta be done.

#59 10 years ago

im into mine for about $33,000 plus maybe the grand ive spent on parts and paper towels to keep'em running smooth and clean, overall id grade myself an A- for being able to assemble what I have for that amount in this wicked so cal market.

#60 10 years ago

Depends on how much crap I sell thats laying around.

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Trade you. Not a bad deal if new Sterns are on the "approved list". I got a little crap for bringing home a $500 EM game from the Expo!

#62 10 years ago

Some great comments and some interesting statistics after almost 200 poll votes!. It looks like about half of us spend either less than $2K or more than $11K. The other half are in between.

Let's keep the votes and comments coming in!

Thanks!!

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Trade you. Not a bad deal if new Sterns are on the "approved list". I got a little crap for bringing home a $500 EM game from the Expo!

Shhhhhhhh, I didn't tell her yet

#64 10 years ago

My budget is $0. My actual expenses are a lot more.

#65 10 years ago

Poll Bump for the weekend.

#66 10 years ago

No pinball budget. Comes out of overall "play" funds - vacations, entertainment, toys - never credit, always cash. Tends to equal what I earn on part-time job. Always a special game I'm looking/saving $/saving a space for, so I always keep shopping money on hand just in case.

#67 10 years ago

There's a "budget" ?? I never knew but I'm pretty sure I blew it out of the water years ago. However the entire collection is paid for and then some.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#68 10 years ago

How about some more votes for the poll?!!

Thanks!

#69 10 years ago

What the budget is set at VS what is actually spent is quite drastic in my case lately. (I voted less then $1000, but have spent probably $7000).

New roof next year!

EDIT : omg I forgot if things go as planned I have to spend another 3 grand in the next 3 months for something else pinball related. The madness never stops.

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

I did this and then regretted getting rid of machines thus purchsed them again!
    I now plan to keep them in storage and in a year or so get them out and put others away.

This. I sold TZ, WH2O, Stargate and a few other great pins at crazy low prices. I don't like to "hoard", but each game that comes through my home represents 20-40 hours of hard work. So now I put them in storage and rotate them. They're also folded up and ready to go to shows and tournaments.

There are of course some games I don't miss at all, but as I get better at picking winners it's harder to sell the ones that make the cut and end up in my gameroom.

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-whats-your-yearly-pinball-budget/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.