(Topic ID: 171460)

Poll: What's your next move?

By Russell

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What's your next move?”

• Sitting on my wallet 109 votes
      54%
    • Selling machines 20 votes
      10%
    • Buying BM66 10 votes
      5%
    • Buying Houdini 1 vote
    • Buying Dialed In 16 votes
      8%
    • Buying Alien 15 votes
      7%
    • Waiting for AFMR 12 votes
      6%
    • Waiting for Spooky #next 16 votes
      8%
    • Waiting for P3 4 votes
      2%

(Multiple choice - 203 votes by 184 Pinsiders)

#1 7 years ago

With all the new releases, and lots of talk about prices, what's your next move?

#2 7 years ago

Comfortable right where I am at now.

#3 7 years ago

I'm opening a location shortly (hopefully in a month!) and was hoping to have a 'show piece' style pin to open with. Expo reveals were much anticipated, and I was honestly expecting more. Certainly didn't like the pricing!

So, count me solidly in the 'sitting on my wallet' camp. I am seriously considering Alien, but I wouldn't have it for opening.

Instead, I am picking up a project Joker Poker for $400. Going to dump some cash into it and have it ready for open.

#4 7 years ago

Focusing on older titles. Right now its getting a mystery castle. Selling off sf2 just to sell it off (funds not going back to the hobby). After that its getting my two radicals done so I can trade one of them off (anyone with a pistol poker want a radical?)

The new releases really don't interest me. JJP has yet to make anything I'd want. WOZ was a terrible theme. Hobbit has not been fun when I played it. Dialed in just makes me want to facepalm. With stern its always an issue of QC and if they will ever finish the code. Won't touch anything made by JPOP. No interested in afm remake or otherwise. Alien looks like a 90's sega with an lcd so very much passing there.

#5 7 years ago

I'll be considering Spooky's next title as my first NIB, but the stars would have to align to make that a possibility. Other then that I've already gone on quite a buying spree this past year. I'm crazy happy with where I'm at currently. Might look at moving an F14 just to clear some space in case a grail machine comes up.

#6 7 years ago

I'm still waiting on RZ, but am really interested in the next Spooky title. If a Star Wars gets announced I'd be interested in that, but I think all of the other new ones announced I can wait and get used sometime later in life.

I'm concentrating on restoring and finishing up some other projects now.

#7 7 years ago

Need an option for sticking to buying used games. Nothing new compels me to part with any of my money. Dialed in comes close but the price point sucks.

#8 7 years ago

Tried to add "Buy used games", but it looks like you can't alter a poll.

#9 7 years ago

Making my own.
    Waiting for my Grail EM's to show up on the market.

#10 7 years ago

Selling a few games, THEN sitting on my wallet.

#11 7 years ago

Not interested in New games
    Multicolor LEDs that seem to change every few seconds look like unicorn puke, and has turned me off even looking at what is coming out

Need to focus on the games I already own

#12 7 years ago

Question: Is there a next move?!?

#13 7 years ago

Next move? I'm heading to the men's room as the coffee is doing it's thing.

#14 7 years ago

I voted "sitting on my wallet" because my wallet is empty and there is no point in reaching for it.

#15 7 years ago

Waiting and hoping for an exciting star wars next year with no playfield issues, a great layout, awesome rules, and a fair price. We'll see how much of that comes true.

#16 7 years ago

How many people were actually in the market for a new pin going into Expo anyway? I see a lot of talk about price, but I'd bet the majority didn't have any dedicated plans to buy a new pin in the first place.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from dotEXE:

How many people were actually in the market for a new pin going into Expo anyway?

I heard some just went for the pizza.

#18 7 years ago

2 Holding/Selling:Buying at the moment, expecting this to grow higher.

Nothing recent has appealed to me, so I spent my money on a Safe Cracker...

Last must have was Stern Trek...

#19 7 years ago

Selling some pins. Spending more time with other hobbies for now. Not impressed with the direction pinball is going.

#20 7 years ago

sitting on wallet, buying used. I'm more intrigued by EM's and goofy 80's SS pins than anything new atm, especially at current pricing.

#21 7 years ago

Getting Alien, but also very interested in Spooky 3. Dialed In was actually a very fun game that i might be interested in picking up used (one day years from now), but i don't see myself ever being willing to spend more than 7k for it.

#22 7 years ago

Used games for now. I can have five+ awesome pins for that 12.5k that JJP wants.

If NIB it will be spooky. Just waiting on what their next game is. I prefer to support the little guy not trying to milk us all dry.

#23 7 years ago

Just picked up a very nice JD.

RZ is coming in a few months. It's the first and last NIB for me.

Then I'm done, collection is effectively finished. I'll have some A-list, some B/C list, and one boutique.
    It's been a good run of recent acquisitions and I hope I get lucky and can keep them all and avoid any economic or health related disasters.

No more new or used games until this house of cards crashes and brings prices back down to Earth.

The grail was MB, but I no longer have any hope that an MBR announcement will do any correcting on original MB prices. They are out of reach now and will likely just get worse. I briefly thought about trying to build one from parts, but seeing a Frank assembly listed on Ebay for a thousand bucks killed my enthusiasm.

I believe PPS will crank up the AFMR price based on the recent selling out of ridiculously priced new releases.
    I had hope for PPS, but not anymore.

So wallet closed.

Maybe buy a few choice mods, but planning on stocking some spare parts, ramps, plastics, anything that will become hard to get.
    If/when the backlash against these new sky-high prices gets traction, some component manufacturers and retailers may go belly-up.

#24 7 years ago

I'm over capacity and deciding what pins to sell.

Will be looking at either Alien or a TWD pro for the next pin.

#25 7 years ago

Passing on all pinball titles for now and purchasing a pre-owned Lamborghini Gallardo instead.

Suck it, greedy pigs.

#26 7 years ago

No buy used option? Measured by number of sales I assume the vast majority of pinball sales are used. Even measured by dollars I bet used sales are greater than NIB sales.

#27 7 years ago

I am selling machines. I thought the Alien release was the most professional, but as I have done more research, I think Dialed In is the best looking new machine. I won't be purchasing it at the current prices. I hope my local arcades get one, and I will happily fill the coin boxes.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from dotEXE:

How many people were actually in the market for a new pin going into Expo anyway? I see a lot of talk about price, but I'd bet the majority didn't have any dedicated plans to buy a new pin in the first place.

As a huge Lawlor fan, I was a potential customer for that machine if it was absolutely firing on all cylinders...but I'm sitting on my wallet for now! Happy w/ the pins I have.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Comfortable right where I am at now.

Me too in the last 10 months I've spent less than BM66 SVE and got (with mods) LOTR, Met pro and TWD pro.

#30 7 years ago

Waiting on my NIB Met prem modded out. After that I'm sitting on the 5 I've got for a while. Maybe down the road aquire 2-3 more wise choices on my must have b4 I die pins but not till after some smoke of confusion starts to clear.

#31 7 years ago

Don't know I'm at my self imposed limit and can only think of one pin that I would even think of selling. Everything else could be serious seller remorse. So like someone said I'm more than comfortable now.

#32 7 years ago

A lot of people are priced out or satisfied with what they have it seems. Also seems like less OMG have to have it pins.

#33 7 years ago

I like what I have. I am out of space so I have to sell a machine to make room. That means something truly mind blowing has to enter the market. I would have to play it first and be absolutely obsessed before I sink $9K on another machine. Otherwise MBr or CCr will be my next machine if that ever happens.

#34 7 years ago

Finishing my F-14 resto!

#35 7 years ago

I make my moves in the summer usually and take the rest of the year off, again for me the chase is where I find the most fun. I grabbed two this summer and will spend the winter resorting the Getaway and will continue to search for a couple 90's classics.

#36 7 years ago

The only thing i can add about b66 is that it is brand new technology. Replacing the dmd with an lcd is a pretty big step. They are learning how to use it while developing this game (same with lawlor/youssi who have never developed a game with an lcd).

No doubt 5 years from now we will be hearing about how much better the 2021 "xyz" game is because of what they learned from the last 5 years. For $15k you are basically buying gilligans island level development. Nothanks.

#37 7 years ago

sticking to System 11's for now

#38 7 years ago

I have 5 machines in queue to be restored (BOP 2.0, PF, Bally Strikes and Spares, RFM, and EATPM in that order) so that's my choice. I'd like to get something new again and BM66 would have been my choice but it's just too expensive. If Spooky did Munsters, I'd be all over that...

#39 7 years ago

Disenchanted with the prices, titles and in some instances, decreasing quality. I will eventually sell off some pins and keep some titles. I will never buy a NOB again and if anything, will buy on the secondary market.

#40 7 years ago

Need to change my vote now. Sitting pat/selling off machines.

Paid for MC and just waiting till shipping is confirmed. Put a deposit on an agbgowt. At this point I am DONE buying for a good while. Whenever I finish with radical #2 I will debate trading it for a pistol poker, but there is a good chance it will just be sold to buy things like xpin dmds for mc and als. new glass, new legs, ie parts I want to replace but haven't been able to justify.

2 months later
    #41 7 years ago

Seeking Radical, Mushroom World and Surf N Safari.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-whats-your-next-move and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.