(Topic ID: 159666)

Poll: What would you do for a new Ghostbusters?

By megalo17

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What would you do?”

• Sell Black Rose and Judge Dredd to finance a Ghostbusters Pro? 37 votes
    52%
  • Keep Black Rose and Judge Dredd and try to be satisfied with them again... 14 votes
    20%
  • Sell my newborn baby on Ebay and buy a Ghostbusters Premium. Then go to jail. 20 votes
    28%

(71 votes)

#1 7 years ago

I'd like some pinsider's input to help my decision making process. I keep going back and forth. I thought both BR and JD were keepers for me, but GB is pretty damn cool. BR and JD have lost some of their luster for me. Maybe I need to check the setup, and rebuild some flippers. BR is kind of a 2 shot wonder (Multiball locks, and straight up the gut), and JD has too many shots that are superfluous. What would you do? I don't want any buyers/sellers remorse when all is said and done... Thanks!

#2 7 years ago

I would give centerflank a back massage with the Shroud of Turin. How the hell is that not in your poll?

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

I'd like some pinsider's input to help my decision making process. I keep going back and forth. I thought both BR and JD were keepers for me, but GB is pretty damn cool. BR and JD have lost some of their luster for me. Maybe I need to check the setup, and rebuild some flippers. BR is kind of a 2 shot wonder (Multiball locks, and straight up the gut), and JD has too many shots that are superfluous. What would you do? I don't want any buyers/sellers remorse when all is said and done... Thanks!

Ok to answer truthfully only you know if you will miss the games once gone. Do you still play them? I do not have much time on JD so I cannot speak to that but of your other games none are insanely deep or more than a 1 or 2 shot game. Sometimes this is ok, for me WCS and Earthshaker come to mind. I enjoy both of those games immensely, neither are particularly deep. So the question remains, will you miss the game play and easy shots of BR? Yes it is straight up the middle a lot but is that shot satisfying to you? Same with JD, do you think you will miss anything there?
I have only sold 2 games, BOP and JB, neither of which I care to EVER own again. My wife missed JB so we bought a decently priced PB to replace it. In her words "I only like to shoot the visor" so it is the same game to her, and I tend to enjoy PB much more than JB.

#4 7 years ago

It seems to me they are kind of like girlfriends... You never know if you're going to want that old flame back until she's long gone. Neither is very deep, but I like the originality, artwork, and themes of both. The gameplay is good, but not great. I also like WCS and Earthshaker. In my opinion, a deep ruleset isn't necessarily better. GOT comes to mind. Very deep rules, however, the layout is really lacking for me. All three of these games have the same Trudeau asymmetric style, which I really dig. The other thing I need to consider is I'll be going from 2 good pins to 1 good/maybe great pin.

#5 7 years ago

Do you have 2 kidneys? I believe you only need one to live.

Just kidding. I voted baby, because babies are expensive to keep around. Always needing diapers, and food for some reason. Then they get old and demand college money. You could use all that money on pinball machines. Pinball machines don't cry or demand food, or college money. No brainer.

#6 7 years ago

I would rather have BR and JD to be honest, if your done with JD and BR and only you know that then I would say sell them and get something new. 2 classic B/W to replace them like a BSD and JM sounds better but if you love GB's then the choice is clear.

#7 7 years ago

I'd wait til GB gets further along and you get to play it and a premium before ultimately deciding. GB ain't going anywhere, it'll be on the production lines for quite sometime. You may end up loving the premium and if you got a pro, that thorn we'll be forever embedded in your mind. And if you do end up liking the premium more, then you could save a couple grand over time, then think about selling 2 pins, all while continuing to play and enjoy your BR & JD.

#8 7 years ago

You're right. No need to rush it! I just keep coming back to this question in my head. While the Premium differences are definitely awesome, I've never seen myself spending that kind of money on a game that is largely the same. Some of it may have to do with me not having good games as of late on either JD and BR. Let me tweak them, and see what happens. Thanks for the input! BTW, I can't sell my baby... While she does cost me quite a bit of Pin time, and sleep, she's a keeper!

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

You're right. No need to rush it! I just keep coming back to this question in my head. While the Premium differences are definitely awesome, I've never seen myself spending that kind of money on a game that is largely the same. Some of it may have to do with me not having good games as of late on either JD and BR. Let me tweak them, and see what happens. Thanks for the input! BTW, I can't sell my baby... While she does cost me quite a bit of Pin time, and sleep, she's a keeper!

Slightly off topic but how old is she? We just had ours 9 months ago and I wouldn't trade him for the world. So much fun. He just learned how to pick up food himself last night and would clap after every bite.

#10 7 years ago

I like to switch up my line-ups, noting stays for too long with me. That being said I do think it's a little too early to judge Ghostbusters, the software just isn't quite there yet. This is absolutely something I'd consider though.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Slightly off topic but how old is she? We just had ours 9 months ago and I wouldn't trade him for the world. So much fun. He just learned how to pick up food himself last night and would clap after every bite.

She's almost 6 months. I'm sure my 11 year old would love a new Ghostbusters! We just watched the original.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

She's almost 6 months. I'm sure my 11 year old would love a new Ghostbusters! We just watched the original.

Oh yes my 7 year old would love one too. He asked multiple times out of the blue about when we get it. haha

#13 7 years ago

I'd eat a Klondike bar.

#14 7 years ago

I'd sell them both for sure...and why not buy GB if you can afford it.

They are 2 games that aren't that great, you're not really into them, so out the door they go!

#15 7 years ago

If the love is gone, sell them. It is really that simple. Sometimes a change in setup helps, but it sounds like they are stale to you. Send them off and get something that excites you.

#16 7 years ago

I'm ashamed of what I would do for a new Ghostbusters machine.

#17 7 years ago

Nothing, I don't want it.

#18 7 years ago

For Ghostbusters I'd take two quarters and drop them in the coin slot. If I could win a free game I'd probably play it again. Maybe.

#19 7 years ago

I would sell 6 Judge Dredd pins for a GB Premium (I've done the math)

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I would sell 6 Judge Dredd pins for a GB Premium (I've done the math)

Yeah but megalo17 only has one JD. He'd be better off selling that one, six times.

#21 7 years ago

Would have already gotten rid of JD...uggg

#22 7 years ago

Nothing wrong with changing it up, if you had your fun with BR and JD, sell them and get a new machine. I did something similar, sold JD and HS2, to fully fund my GOT pro. No regrets.

#23 7 years ago

Buy one

#24 7 years ago

If BR & JD are getting stale, out the door with them. Fill your pinball space with games that YOU are excited to play. GB pro is a good choice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 34.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-what-would-you-do-for-a-new-ghostbusters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.