3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 84 days ago by RandomGuyOffCL
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is the most Annoying Smell?”

• Bunt Electronics 15 votes
      10%
    • Mouse Excrement 13 votes
      8%
    • Dog Barf 4 votes
      3%
    • Crop Dust at Shows 64 votes
      42%
    • Tobacco Smoke (retained by games) 33 votes
      21%
    • Other -- Add Below. 25 votes
      16%

(154 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E261540D-FD53-4955-AEE6-346711DAEC6A (resized).png
    537033B4-7847-49AB-9B1B-5FD0B985F141 (resized).jpeg
    17rickmartelarrogance_original.jpg
    8FE706FD-6298-4882-82E5-7281C15785E7 (resized).png
    E8ABAEB6-FAEA-4FC9-BEB0-683E487C5EE3 (resized).jpeg
    farts-are-like-children-itm-proud-of-mineand-disgusted-by-23398644 (resized).png
    45782CDF-EF38-4AD2-9D6F-2F2FCD08EBBC (resized).jpeg
    65AF71C8-F486-465F-948D-01CF6C95FE1E (resized).jpeg
    therock-thumb-700x399-202025 (resized).png
    A9DF6FE2-6698-4CD4-B244-65D603815DE6 (resized).jpeg

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 3 months ago
    farts-are-like-children-itm-proud-of-mineand-disgusted-by-23398644 (resized).png
    #52 3 months ago

Can't thumbs up this one enough. I gag just thinking about it.

#53 3 months ago

An empty NYC Subway car that isn’t at the first or last stop.

E8ABAEB6-FAEA-4FC9-BEB0-683E487C5EE3 (resized).jpeg
    #54 3 months ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

NYC subway.
    Close the thread.

Nothing worse - sticks in your nose for hours

#55 3 months ago

For pinball-nothing worse than a burnt coil, it permeates the cabinet.

Outside of pinball I would say vomit, it brings up my gag reflexes and reminds me of the pie scene in Stand by me...

#56 3 months ago

old motor oil & water mixture that has been sitting in the drain of an old automotive repair bay for years

#57 3 months ago

Other people's beer farts in an elevator.

#58 3 months ago

Walked into a nail salon yesterday to purchase a gift card......holy f*ck. I couldn't breathe.

#59 3 months ago

Paper plants.

Drove by a Scott’s paper towel/toilet paper factory while on a road trip. You wouldn’t think it, but the smell was incredible. Unlike anything I’ve ever smelled before. Strong, permeating, and was so bad, I was literally dry heaving. Nothing has ever come close to it since.

#60 3 months ago

Liquid.
    Manure.
    Fertilizer.

#61 3 months ago

The bilge. Sailors know what I am saying.

#62 3 months ago

I cannot STAND the smell of burning coil/transistor. Drives me insane.

I worked on a Transformers last night with a beyond fried right flipper coil. I thought the point of the under playfield fuse was to keep that from happening? Not this time. Opened it up and was horrified!!! Maybe the worst fried coil smell ever. It must have been "fresh."

Fortunately just an hour repair, new flipper coil and new transistor on board (I didn't even bother testing it).

#63 3 months ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

An empty NYC Subway car that isn’t at the first or last stop.
    [quoted image]

It only LOOKS empty.

There's usually at least one guy on it. One really disgusting smelly guy.

What always freaks me out is there's ALWAYS a few people who just grin and bear it and stay in the car. "Hey at least I got a seat."

Vile.

#64 3 months ago

Dead bodies in my crawl space.

#65 3 months ago

Liquid Ass...it doesn’t smell like fart...it smells like ass...!!!...if you married right you know the difference.................Joey

8FE706FD-6298-4882-82E5-7281C15785E7 (resized).png
    #66 3 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's usually at least one guy on it. One really disgusting smelly guy.

Yup, and just as the smell hits you the door closes. You look around, and you have a split second of soul crushing eye contact with the poor fellow. That's actually the worst part... well, second worst. Trying to hold your breathe until the next stop is the WORST worst part. Spoiler alert, unless you're David Blaine you can't

#67 3 months ago

My grandson had a 24 hour bug the other night and we got to revisit a chili dog he had for dinner. That has to be one of the worst.

#68 3 months ago

roadkill skunk
    paper mills / waste water processing plants
    Pinball related - burnt electronics

#69 3 months ago

Driving behind a diesel car or truck. Hate that smell!

#70 3 months ago
    Quoted from rx3:

Driving behind a diesel car or truck. Hate that smell!

I love that smell. Brings back memories of firing up the boat to head offshore fishing.

#71 3 months ago

Titan arum

LTG : )

#72 3 months ago

I’ll stick with gum disease! ANUG if ya wanna be specific and feel like looking it up

#73 3 months ago

So pinball related - which is the worst smelling show?

I'd vote Ohio.

#74 3 months ago

Pb Blaster penetrating oil.

#75 3 months ago
    Quoted from cait001:

I like that fragrance!

#76 3 months ago

Pinball related- burnt electronics

Non-pinball related-
    1st place- when I had to clean the grease traps at McDonald's when I was in high school....
    2nd place-I've got a co-worker who seems to think that bathing once a month is ok...…

#77 3 months ago

There is nothing like being on an all-night bender in Korea and then running PT with your platoon at 6am when you are in the Army. The smell of kimchi, the gin drinkers and all the other alcohols sweeting out of their bodies. If you hadn't already thrown up from all the drinking these smells would get you.

#78 3 months ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

The worst smell I have ever suffered through is chicken farm/facilities in Northern Arkansas. Nothing comes even close. You could smell it for miles and it is something you never forget.

Oh god, yes! I lived in NW Ark. for several years and you are right, one never forgets (because it'll give you olfactory PTSD). It's like an unholy amalgam of urine, vomit, ass, and b.o., and you not only smell it, but taste it too! The ginormous cattle feed lots west of Amarillo are almost as bad, but chicken houses are just an awful breed of their own.

Quoted from schudel5:

Gary, Indiana.

Been through there three times en route to South Bend and can confirm that the recirculation setting in the car is immensely helpful! However, I'd say the Texas City/La Marque region of Houston (where the flares burn bright and the plants tend to explode rather "bigly") has the edge on Gary - you can almost FEEL the tumors grow as the essences of an organic chem lab infiltrate your nostrils on a hot, humid August night.

#79 3 months ago
    Quoted from cait001:

The smell is bad, but the taste is worse.
    Rule #1 - Always keep your mouth closed when using this stuff.

#80 3 months ago

My kid’s hockey gear. Especially the gloves.

#81 3 months ago

When I was a kid I popped open an Eveready flashlight battery. It was sort of rank. I did not throw up but that smell stayed in my nostrils for years. Every once in awhile something would happen and trigger that smell.

#82 3 months ago

Food your not allowed to eat.

#83 3 months ago

Pig Poop spreader working the fields has to be the worst, even after you drive out of the area it will kill your appetite for awhile.

#84 3 months ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

Pig Poop spreader working the fields has to be the worst, even after you drive out of the area it will kill your appetite for awhile.

No doubt! My mom grew up on a farm in Iowa and I can still remember the smell clear as day of the family pig farm when we went back to visit. It just sticks in your nostrils for days.

#85 3 months ago

Strangbat laughed till I cried for some reason at your Post. Truth, thanks!

Quoted from stangbat:

But a rendering truck beats burned brakes.

#86 3 months ago

People at certain pinball expos Some acrid smells in the air. Probably due to poor diet and farts haha

#87 3 months ago

My worst smell was Trichloroethylene with a Grape bubble gum masking agent. Still have dreams about it.

#88 3 months ago

Directed belches....when your “friends” get you good

#89 3 months ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

Yep -- this one. Nothing is worse than the smell of pig poop.
    My sister slipped off the planks running past a river of pig 'poo' running out of a row of pens -- ended up ankle deep in the crap. Had to throw her shoes away and make her ride on the luggage rack all the way home.

#90 3 months ago
    17rickmartelarrogance_original.jpg
    #91 3 months ago

Unwashed Ugg boots.

#92 3 months ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

Directed belches....when your “friends” get you good

Ahhh the good ole days. Directed belches and hand caught and thrown farts.

#93 3 months ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

So pinball related - which is the worst smelling show?
    I'd vote Ohio.

If it is a warmer day, Allentown can be pretty foul. Sweaty, sticky palm prints on the lockdown bar is always a good time also.

#94 3 months ago

How about bad smells that are good? I hate cities and moved to the country about 15 years ago. I like when the farmers across the road fire up their shit spraying tanker trucks. Nothing says country like that smell. It reminds me that I'm happily out of the city.

When I was a kid I hated cigarette smoke and everyone around me smoked. Now no one smokes and there's something oddly nostalgic about the smell. I kind of like the pinball machines that have that ancient cigarette smell when I open them up.

#95 3 months ago

$2 whore house mixed with femme fresh.

#96 3 months ago
    Quoted from JeffZee:

How about bad smells that are good? I hate cities and moved to the country about 15 years ago. I like when the farmers across the road fire up their shit spraying tanker trucks. Nothing says country like that smell. It reminds me that I'm happily out of the city.
    When I was a kid I hated cigarette smoke and everyone around me smoked. Now no one smokes and there's something oddly nostalgic about the smell. I kind of like the pinball machines that have that ancient cigarette smell when I open them up.

I have the same weird nostalgia. Sometimes you walk into an old bar and get a hint of that stale cigarette and beer smell. It smells like every bowling alley, bar or restaurant in the 70s. I hated breathing the second hand smoke but spent some happy times in those places and the smell has a positive association.

#97 3 months ago

Not the worst smell I have encountered, but heading east on I-70 through Terre Haute, Indiana there is an awful stench. Something like sewage, skunk and rotten eggs combined. I have traveled through that area many hundreds of times and it always smells like that.

#98 3 months ago

This had only sat for 2 days. Imagine a couple weeks.

#99 3 months ago

Lots of crazy bad smells but one that stands out for me is cat deterrent. Had a cat take residence in my house and tried to use that to drive it away. It didn't work on the cat but sure did on me.

Funny story - last Christmas I put a bunch of scratch and sniff stickers with horrible smells in the kid's stockings. Smells like wet dog, garbage, smelly cheese, etc. Kids tore into them early in the morning and the smell was inescapable. They then put all the stickers on one of my presents in retaliation.

#100 3 months ago

Old lady perfume smell on seatbelts.
    It's the most annoying. Because you can't avoid it. At some point in time you're gonna put on a seatbelt somewhere and smell it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 289.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 89.99
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 39.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 12.99
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.99
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 107.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Lighting - Interactive
    TheDudeMods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 11,500.00
    There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside