Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Atari_Daze
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is the most Annoying Smell?”

• Bunt Electronics 16 votes
      10%
    • Mouse Excrement 14 votes
      8%
    • Dog Barf 5 votes
      3%
    • Crop Dust at Shows 68 votes
      41%
    • Tobacco Smoke (retained by games) 37 votes
      22%
    • Other -- Add Below. 26 votes
      16%

(166 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E261540D-FD53-4955-AEE6-346711DAEC6A (resized).png
    537033B4-7847-49AB-9B1B-5FD0B985F141 (resized).jpeg
    17rickmartelarrogance_original.jpg
    8FE706FD-6298-4882-82E5-7281C15785E7 (resized).png
    E8ABAEB6-FAEA-4FC9-BEB0-683E487C5EE3 (resized).jpeg
    farts-are-like-children-itm-proud-of-mineand-disgusted-by-23398644 (resized).png
    45782CDF-EF38-4AD2-9D6F-2F2FCD08EBBC (resized).jpeg
    65AF71C8-F486-465F-948D-01CF6C95FE1E (resized).jpeg
    therock-thumb-700x399-202025 (resized).png
    A9DF6FE2-6698-4CD4-B244-65D603815DE6 (resized).jpeg
    There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 5 years ago

At times like these O-din would come up with some great spin off threads. Pinside has been somewhat quiet in his absence, but as a tip of the hat to him here is a thread for the most aromatic of senses.

#2 5 years ago

Flavored vape!

This is my kryptonite.

“Pardon me, while I blow 100 cubic feet of cherry vanilla angel food cake on you”

A9DF6FE2-6698-4CD4-B244-65D603815DE6 (resized).jpegA9DF6FE2-6698-4CD4-B244-65D603815DE6 (resized).jpeg
    #3 5 years ago

Unwashed hippie.

#4 5 years ago

Has to be old ladies wearing perfume. They’ve put that stuff on for so long that they can’t smell it unless they use a half of a bottle all at once. You can smell their scent for five minutes after they have walked by.

A second has to be when the pinball machine you bought from them has been assalted by that perfume for so long that it takes a month of keeping the machine outside before it looses the scent, and even then I can still catch a whiff now and then. I guess that’s why my Pinbot doesn’t always get a lot of love.

#5 5 years ago

Burnt clutch material, is annoying. Dead rotting meat smell, animal, human, is the worst.

#6 5 years ago

The week my wife/parter goes on her “.”
    I swear, others besides the bears can smell the menstruation.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bowlingpin:

The week my wife/parter goes on her “.”

#8 5 years ago

Two words.... Calvin Klein Obsession

It's not that the smell is that offensive... But the men who wear it, always out waaay too much on

#9 5 years ago

therock-thumb-700x399-202025 (resized).pngtherock-thumb-700x399-202025 (resized).png

#10 5 years ago
    65AF71C8-F486-465F-948D-01CF6C95FE1E (resized).jpeg65AF71C8-F486-465F-948D-01CF6C95FE1E (resized).jpeg
    #11 5 years ago

Burnt Microwave Popcorn.

#12 5 years ago

For me it's a burnt coil. That smell stays around way to long.

#13 5 years ago

Dog poop.

#14 5 years ago

Dead Rat, stuck between 2 pieces of glass.....Couldnt get it out, watched it rot for a year, and stunk for 3 weeks!

After that, Rodent and Roach feces in a damp pinball cabinet corner......

#15 5 years ago

The bathrooms at the Allentown show.

#16 5 years ago

Rear differential fluid

#17 5 years ago

Bad breath due to tonsilloliths. There is no equal. Watch the wideo, you can imagine how bad this smells.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Bad breath due to tonsilloliths. There is no equal. Watch the wideo, you can imagine how bad this smells.

You owe me $11.95 for my lunch I just lost...

#19 5 years ago

The worst smell I have ever suffered through is chicken farm/facilities in Northern Arkansas. Nothing comes even close. You could smell it for miles and it is something you never forget.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

The worst smell I have ever suffered through is chicken farm/facilities in Northern Arkansas. Nothing comes even close. You could smell it for miles and it is something you never forget.

Does smell terrible but I forgot about it until you mentioned it. This one has dog poop beat by a mile.

#21 5 years ago

B O!!!!

There was a hobo that checked out in front of me at the gas station once. The place stank like that dude for two days...

BO!!!! No!!!

#22 5 years ago

Getting crop dusted at a pinball show!!

I can’t believe no one posted that yet!!

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

Getting crop dusted at a pinball show!!
    I can’t believe no one posted that yet!!

It is one of your choice options in the pole.

#24 5 years ago

My kids shoes could knock a buzzard off a shit-wagon.

#25 5 years ago

Obnoxious I'd go for on a long drive a semi a mile in front of you hitting every skunk possible. So you catch them it when it's fresh.

Annoying I'd go for burning electronics smell but you can't find the game it's coming from.

LTG : )

#26 5 years ago

Ughhhh feminine pad/tampon trash or maybe a nasty port a John

45782CDF-EF38-4AD2-9D6F-2F2FCD08EBBC (resized).jpeg45782CDF-EF38-4AD2-9D6F-2F2FCD08EBBC (resized).jpeg

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from tbutler6:

B O!!!!
    There was a hobo that checked out in front of me at the gas station once. The place stank like that dude for two days...
    BO!!!! No!!!

See “unwashed hippie” above...

#28 5 years ago

You haven't lived until you have cleaned up dog diarrhea in your house. Worst smell EVER!

#29 5 years ago

Any kind of rotting animal is bad, but getting stuck on the freeway behind a rendering truck hauling a full load of rotting cattle is the worst. Literally can smell it several miles before catching up and passing them.

#30 5 years ago

The worst smell I have personally smelled and will share is where my wife had to purge for her fibroid induced hysterectomy surgery, and she became three exits, no waiting all over the bathroom. And yes, I had to clean it up. It was somewhere in those pesky vows, “through sickness and in health”, well this was the “through sickness” part nobody told me was coming or maybe I would have thought twice.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

You haven't lived until you have cleaned up dog diarrhea in your house. Worst smell EVER!

Had the unwanted pleasure of doing this yesterday. I literally was ready to spray febreeze in my nose holes

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

Rear differential fluid

Gear oil is bad enough but when it has been over heated and burnt, it smells like strong natural gas. Pull a rear differential cover off a truck thats pulled a trailer that was too heavy and the smell is unreal.

#33 5 years ago

NYC subway.

Close the thread.

#34 5 years ago

Another good one is go for a ride along when cops do a welfare check on a person who hasn't been to work or seen for some time.

Nothing can prepare you for that bloated rotting dead person smell.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

Has to be old ladies wearing perfume.

+1

Nasty stuff. And it's not just the amount of old lady perfume they wear, it's the fact that they don't realize perfume has a SHELF LIFE. It does not smell good after 10 years in the bottle. You have to use it in a couple years or get rid of it.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Obnoxious I'd go for on a long drive a semi a mile in front of you hitting every skunk possible. So you catch them it when it's fresh.
    Annoying I'd go for burning electronics smell but you can't find the game it's coming from.

Well not the worst, but getting Lasik on your eyes and having it smell like burnt hair.

The burning electronics sucks. Shut off all your games, lift playfields and give 'em the sniff test...

#37 5 years ago

Co-worker microwaving leftover fish in the break room. Even worse, someone bringing their fish on a plane.

#38 5 years ago

Patchouli

#39 5 years ago

The protein skimmer collection cup in a saltwater aquarium.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from danisme:

Any kind of rotting animal is bad, but getting stuck on the freeway behind a rendering truck hauling a full load of rotting cattle is the worst. Literally can smell it several miles before catching up and passing them.

A rendering truck crashed & spilled it's load in Portland, OR a few years ago. Nasty, nasty!

#41 5 years ago

I once went on vacation and came home like three weeks later to rotten roast beef in the fridge. I've never instantly gagged before. Horrendous.

#42 5 years ago

When someone microwaves fish at the office. Don't do this people!

#43 5 years ago

Gary, Indiana.

#44 5 years ago

Cat urine.

#45 5 years ago

New born baby shits.

#46 5 years ago

Curry. Or people who smell like curry because they eat too much curry

#47 5 years ago

Some of you people are are pretty sensitive.

I grew up in a rural environment, and personally I think that a pig farm is way worse then a poultry farm.

Miles away from our old farm was a animal rendering plant called rothsay concentrate. If the wind blew the right way you would get quite the pungent aroma.

I don’t think that I’ve experienced anything in the city that even comes close to life on the farm.

#48 5 years ago

Believe it or not this was supposed to be a pinball related topic.

When it comes to foul smells rotting carcass, the cleaning out of pig/chicken/turkey houses, burnt hair/flesh, and barf/Hershey Squirts are right up there.

Some other potent ones that come to mind are a Durian (its a type of fruit) and I distinctly remember one day at the office when someone brought in some home made couscous (that is what they called it). I have no idea what was in it but you could smell it from across the building. Everyone's eyes instantly started watering; you could smell them before seeing them the rest of the day! Luckily that was a one time incident.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Believe it or not this was supposed to be a pinball related topic.
    When it comes to foul smells rotting carcass, the cleaning out of pig/chicken/turkey houses, burnt hair/flesh, and barf/Hershey Squirts are right up there.
    Some other potent ones that come to mind are a Durian (its a type of fruit) and I distinctly remember one day at the office when someone brought in some home made couscous (that is what they called it). I have no idea what was in it but you could smell it from across the building. Everyone's eyes instantly started watering; you could smell them before seeing them the rest of the day! Luckily that was a one time incident.

Durian is delicious tho. Somehow.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Burnt clutch material

Quoted from danisme:

a rendering truck hauling a full load of rotting cattle

These were the two I was looking for. I'd add burned brakes along with the burned clutch material. But a rendering truck beats burned brakes. When I worked for the state DOT we had a rendering truck brake hard at a construction site and spill some of its load on the highway. Double bonus of burned brake + rotting cattle parts.

I've never smelled this, but is is supposedly legendary:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surstr%C3%B6mming
    "According to a Japanese study, a newly opened can of surströmming has one of the most putrid food smells in the world"

There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-what-is-the-most-annoying-smell/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.