(Topic ID: 251816)

Poll : Is a "slide save" (moving the feet) cheating the game?

By razorsedge

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 888 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Poll : Is a "slide save" (moving the feet) cheating the game?”

• Yes, slide saving is cheating the game. 224 votes
      35%
    • No, slide saving is not cheating the game. 425 votes
      65%

(649 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tip (resized).jpg
    DSCF9520[1] (resized).jpg
    DSCF9521[1] (resized).jpg
    DSCF9522[1] (resized).jpg
    DSCF9523[1] (resized).jpg
    DSCF9524[1] (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tenor-7.gif
    7DBDD358-2EAE-45C1-820F-4230E444496E (resized).jpeg
    20191001_205709 (resized).jpg
    20191001_205544 (resized).jpg
    6C765CB7-45B1-4885-9881-BCD4B1FB5C6C (resized).jpeg
    0214A096-2A32-47E6-86DB-F263995D5B4F.gif
    tenor (resized).png
    Dumpster Fire (resized).png
    64DED9EB-68EB-496D-8684-7ABF0A70B25C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#154 4 years ago

I'm the worst slide saver in my home comps. I own all the machines but i put carpet down over the concrete floors to limit the chance of machines contacting each other.
    Slide savers are much harder on carpet, and those machines that i really don't want thrown around i'll double up and use rubber feet.

Try slide saving The Hobbit on the carpet and you're more likely to hurt yourself than the machine.

#396 4 years ago

You oughta here them crack into the glass when the drops raise underneath the ball on the Hobbit. Man that glass is tough, the noise makes you jump a foot and step back.

#402 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

What is the point of the rubber feet if you’re putting them in sliders?

Protects the carpet mate.

#404 4 years ago

I wonder if a machine that spits a ball straight from the scoop straight down the guts should be sanctioned for cheating a player?

Is there a poll for that?

#481 4 years ago

Good chance our OP has some odds running with his mates on how many views or posts he can get.....

#555 4 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

I just slid Deadpool a few times, come get me

'Quit shaking the machine.'

'Don't make me come over there.'

'Keep shaking the machine, there's candy inside'

TheSliderLifeChoseMePunkin

pb5 (resized).jpgpb5 (resized).jpg
    #726 4 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

Well, I can't think of any sports where moving the goal posts or changing the boundaries/setup/conditions of the arena during a match is considered legitimate.

Olympic sport. Next argument.

tenor (resized).pngtenor (resized).png
    #742 4 years ago

Getting into my league too. As I've said my machines are on carpet so you aren't pulling them more than an inch or two. i have seen players do the massive 1 foot slides on vinyl floors in comps and it makes me wince. Not something i'd do on anyones machine.

My mates rib me enough for my small slides.

#746 4 years ago

That shit's getting old.

2 months later
    #775 4 years ago

Slid the new Jurassic park 6 inches in fromnt of the operator yesterday.
    Lucky he's a mate.

1 year later
    #785 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Spaze save...should be called.

You should try and catch up with the world. We've moved on from those derogatory names, mate.

QuiteSomeTimeAgoPunkin

#816 2 years ago

Watched an 8 year old make his first slide save on Deadpool yesterday.
    Moved it half an inch somehow and stopped a left outlane drain.
    Looks like he'd have a hard time carrying a bucket of water, dunno how he did it.

2 weeks later
    #839 2 years ago

You are good up to 'therfore'. Your assumption is just an assumption, not a fact.

#853 2 years ago
    Quoted from Squizz:

Yes it's cheating - you lost the ball simple as that!
    Otherwise I might as well take a massive magnet with me and when I lose the ball, I'll just swipe the magnet on top of the glass and return it to the playfield! Can play all day long.
    So if sliding is not cheating, then too placing a magnet on top of the glass isn't either.

Here's a list of cheaters for you to peruse.

https://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/overall.php

You may also want to have a decent look at a pinball playfield next time you go to somewhere they have one, there's some architecture there that the designers have included for no other reason than to give you place to nudge from and proactively save your ball. if you can't spot them, ask an experienced player to point them out.

You might also give the danger/double danger system some thought as to why a designer put's it in there. Sliding a machine is a skill that reminds me of driving a crane. If you've ever done it you'll know that if you move the boom with the swing the load will behave differently than if you move it against the swing. One will increase and one will decrease the swing.
    Sliding is the same, tilts are designed to give you a single warning if you touch the bob to the ring once. The skill in sliding is not being able to move the machine, it's being able to stop the machine moving without the bob hitting backwards and forwards. Single touch from a six inch slide.

DSCF9524[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9524[1] (resized).jpg

DSCF9523[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9523[1] (resized).jpg

DSCF9522[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9522[1] (resized).jpg

DSCF9521[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9521[1] (resized).jpg

DSCF9520[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9520[1] (resized).jpg

#859 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

If there's one thread I can never tell whats real & what isn't; it's this one. And that's fucking saying something.

Love it.

#879 2 years ago

Death saves are illegal, no-one is arguing against that (even if they do it on their own machines).

#882 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Never ends around here!
    God I hope we would have other things to do in a dream vacation to Australia other than sit in some diaper rubbers house.

Come and slide mine. I'd rather that than some of the slappers that play here.

#888 2 years ago

tip (resized).jpgtip (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-what-is-a-slide-save-classed-as-in-pinball?tu=punkin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.