(Topic ID: 251816)

Poll : Is a "slide save" (moving the feet) cheating the game?

By razorsedge

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 888 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Poll : Is a "slide save" (moving the feet) cheating the game?”

• Yes, slide saving is cheating the game. 224 votes
      35%
    • No, slide saving is not cheating the game. 425 votes
      65%

(649 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tip (resized).jpg
    DSCF9520[1] (resized).jpg
    DSCF9521[1] (resized).jpg
    DSCF9522[1] (resized).jpg
    DSCF9523[1] (resized).jpg
    DSCF9524[1] (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tenor-7.gif
    7DBDD358-2EAE-45C1-820F-4230E444496E (resized).jpeg
    20191001_205709 (resized).jpg
    20191001_205544 (resized).jpg
    6C765CB7-45B1-4885-9881-BCD4B1FB5C6C (resized).jpeg
    0214A096-2A32-47E6-86DB-F263995D5B4F.gif
    tenor (resized).png
    Dumpster Fire (resized).png
    64DED9EB-68EB-496D-8684-7ABF0A70B25C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#122 4 years ago

I'm always amazed about how hard people nudge and bang around machines. When I was a kid in the arcade the guy running the place was a always a seedy dude that would not hesitate to give you a kick in the ass or cuff upside the head. I like to play but I don't take it very seriously. Every time I go to a show I see people raging in the tournament area and that is why I never enter. I do like the shows that they have the tournaments in a different area so it doesn't look so bad.

1 year later
    #814 2 years ago

I think it's just a matter of if your tournament or competitive player. I personal don't really understand competitive pinball, to me it's leisure activity to be played with friends. It's like playing pool with friends you win some lose some but no one gives a shit. I have never seen some one rage playing pool and for me it's super weird when people do it in pinball. For me to feel competitive there has to be a physical and mental aspect and pinball doesn't have enough of. If it's competitive for you and can slide save have at it, even if it is cheating I don't care because I don't care who wins. At the end we just push start again. I do admit I can get be a little competitive with myself while playing but I see it as a solo activity. I would get annoyed if you tried to cheat while I was playing but feel free when your at the flippers.

#818 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pool can be CRAZY competitive. It’s like anything else. Some like to play casually and others like to raise the stakes more.

The with friends was the context, I have never seen someone get worked up over a casual game of pool with buddies. Even super high stakes billiards people are reserved. I don't think its the slide save that puts people off, its raging when it doesn't work. Every time I have seen someone pull it off and its smooth and causal people are just impressed. It's when people are angrily slamming it into the machine next to them and the stream looks like GoPro in a wipe out that people are like, dude there are rules. My rule of thumb is raise the stakes as high as you can behave yourself.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-what-is-a-slide-save-classed-as-in-pinball?tu=Darscot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.