(Topic ID: 251816)

Poll : Is a "slide save" (moving the feet) cheating the game?

By razorsedge

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 888 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Poll : Is a "slide save" (moving the feet) cheating the game?”

• Yes, slide saving is cheating the game. 224 votes
      35%
    • No, slide saving is not cheating the game. 425 votes
      65%

(649 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tip (resized).jpg
    DSCF9520[1] (resized).jpg
    DSCF9521[1] (resized).jpg
    DSCF9522[1] (resized).jpg
    DSCF9523[1] (resized).jpg
    DSCF9524[1] (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tenor-7.gif
    7DBDD358-2EAE-45C1-820F-4230E444496E (resized).jpeg
    20191001_205709 (resized).jpg
    20191001_205544 (resized).jpg
    6C765CB7-45B1-4885-9881-BCD4B1FB5C6C (resized).jpeg
    0214A096-2A32-47E6-86DB-F263995D5B4F.gif
    tenor (resized).png
    Dumpster Fire (resized).png
    64DED9EB-68EB-496D-8684-7ABF0A70B25C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#392 4 years ago

I have really rare games, and I don't mind people trying to slide save. It's seriously not going to hurt the game or the cabinet. but they will likely tilt out. Some of my super rares, have code that if you tilt, you lose all your points for that ball. Keeps a lot of slides from happening. My floors are super slippery so it's easy to slide save. So I have rubber feets on most of my machines. So if you slide, the foot slides off the stopper and then the game is way extreme off level with 1 foot off. Good luck playing that way. they just screwed themselves even worse by that point.

#430 4 years ago
    Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Rubber feet AND sliders on short carpet. Tilt about medium so can't get away with TOO much.[quoted image]

LOL. Make sure that slider stays on that foot.

#432 4 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough to avoid confusion here:
    Nobody seems to have any problem with average nudging *in our pool of local "Jo Bloe walk in new players"....
    I guess if I don't remind of the context people start to forget about their amnesia. Sorry for not being specific mate.
    Here I have not heard a single "new player" (locally) think or say nudging is cheating, they recall it as part of pinball. The same is not true for Sliding however. That is how it is here in the experience. Pretty reasonable. Correction conveyed.

well since over 70% say it's ok. I guess the census is, is that it's ok. Also, those that play competitive pinball tournaments on a regular basis, should be worth 1.5 votes, since they know what is, and what is not allowed for the big time tournaments. If national and world championships allow it, it's allowed and ok.

#453 4 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

How often in a tournament does the machine belong to the actual player?

99% of the time. Tournaments arn't ususally held on route. It's always privately owned collections and games.

#456 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

This maybe used to be the case. But now, I’d say 90% of tournaments are on location.

not around here. Most are held by people with private collections. Same with leagues.

#536 4 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Needless to say, I cradle my balls all the time now and I think it’s an essential skill.

yes, but you should keep your comments pinball related.

#539 4 years ago

yup it's a landslide. Sliding is fair game. If it wasn't, the game would tell you by tilting you out.

Land - Slide................................

#561 4 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

I just slid Deadpool a few times, come get me

you should show him your Iron Man Swing. He'd probably shit himself.

#587 4 years ago

on my floor you could do a slap save and the game might slide 4". Even if you didn't mean it to. Without rubber feets. Should that person be DQ'd as well? Shit.....let's all go out and get pumpkin pie blizzards.

#626 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

Where is the border between sliding, and relocating?

10.75 CM

#632 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

Thanks Neo!
    Was prepared for calculating inches ,you just made my day!

I figured i'd do the calculation for you. Just here to help.

#689 4 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I actually won my league playoffs last night in part because of a well executed slide save on Munsters. I was on ball three and it was about to go straight down the middle. I managed to save it, albeit with a double tilt warning. After waiting for the tilt bob to calm down, I then proceeded to have a monster ball that won me the game.

BOOM!. Moderator says it's ok. Case closed.

I'm going to go play my Ghostbusters now with the new code and make a point to Slide save at least once every game, and see if my game falls apart on me.

1 year later
    #796 2 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

Everyone has the option to change their vote if they choose.
    Hindsight there would have been better wording. 20-20. Cant really change the actual question once a heap of people have voted though.
    Key words "the game" were intended to add the Context at the end. Not clear enough though. Most a bit too focused on the "C" word (I mean cheating, not Context lol).
    It should have read something like:
    Is sliding a pinball machine across the floor (+inch) in the spirit of the game?
    -Yes
    -No
    -Other
    Could even go more like: Does being violent with machines discourage women, or make them feel uncomfortable at "tournaments" ??
    Anyway...

answers would still be the same. If it doesn't tilt, it counts.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-what-is-a-slide-save-classed-as-in-pinball?tu=CaptainNeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.