(Topic ID: 251816)

Poll : Is a "slide save" (moving the feet) cheating the game?

By razorsedge

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 888 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Poll : Is a "slide save" (moving the feet) cheating the game?”

• Yes, slide saving is cheating the game. 224 votes
      35%
    • No, slide saving is not cheating the game. 425 votes
      65%

(649 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tip (resized).jpg
    DSCF9520[1] (resized).jpg
    DSCF9521[1] (resized).jpg
    DSCF9522[1] (resized).jpg
    DSCF9523[1] (resized).jpg
    DSCF9524[1] (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tenor-7.gif
    7DBDD358-2EAE-45C1-820F-4230E444496E (resized).jpeg
    20191001_205709 (resized).jpg
    20191001_205544 (resized).jpg
    6C765CB7-45B1-4885-9881-BCD4B1FB5C6C (resized).jpeg
    0214A096-2A32-47E6-86DB-F263995D5B4F.gif
    tenor (resized).png
    Dumpster Fire (resized).png
    64DED9EB-68EB-496D-8684-7ABF0A70B25C (resized).jpeg
    There are 888 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 18.
    #201 4 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Slide saving probably would be cheating if it weren't for the fact that you send the tilt-bob flying by doing so. That's why the tilt-bob exists, to turn nudging into a fair part of pinball. It's a completely fair risk vs. reward element of the game.

Under this guideline wouldn't a death save follow the same rules???? What makes one legal and the other not legal?

#202 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

GET OUTTA ME LEAGUE YA POOFS

slide me machine I'll fuckin glass ya

Yep there's enough *questionable characters* here *in Oz*, ready to get macho and smash up anything that moves.... including pinball machines. Vids like this are kind of fair since these things have happened, and a bit of an embarasment, but not all aussies are like that of course. Some of the international misconceptions that are out there are still pretty amusing though! Ha ha

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. It's been helpful.

#203 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Under this guideline wouldn't a death save follow the same rules???? What makes one legal and the other not legal?

Thank you!

#204 4 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

Yep there's no shortage of pissheads and morons here, ready to get macho and smash up anything that moves.... including pinball machines. Vids like this are kind of fair, and a bit of an embarasment, but not all aussies are like that of course. Some of the international misconceptions that are out there are pretty amusing though! Ha ha

Lose an argument, resort to name calling. Way to go!

#205 4 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

Yep there's no shortage of pissheads and morons here, ready to get macho and smash up anything that moves.... including pinball machines. Vids like this are kind of fair, and a bit of an embarasment, but not all aussies are like that of course. Some of the international misconceptions that are out there are pretty amusing though! Ha ha

After many views it seems more than a little racist, but I *think* he's being sarcastic and playing into "world stereotypes".
    Lol I don't actually believe Aussies act like that...it's just comedy.
    But I do think you're ready to glass a poof for slide saving. Pics or it didn't happen.

#206 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Lose an argument, resort to name calling. Way to go!

I think he's referring to the Straya Day vid and the Aussie stereotypes

#207 4 years ago

Double post.
    WAITRESS!
    COFFEE HERE!

#208 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I think he's referring to the Straya Day vid.

It has real events in there, but represents a limited cross section. It's what people see in vids like this though. It is a bit embarasing, to myself and others here. Anyway it is what it is

#209 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I think he's referring to the Straya Day vid and the Aussie stereotypes

Gotcha. In that case I apologise. I don't usually click on vids that are posted. I do think he should take a break from pinside or at least his own thread.

#210 4 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

It has real events in there, but represents a limited cross section. It's what people see in vids like this though. It is a bit embarasing, to myself and others here. Anyway it is what it is

You play pinball with a popped collar? Say it ain't so.

#211 4 years ago
    Lebowski (resized).pngLebowski (resized).png
    #212 4 years ago

Nevermind

#213 4 years ago

My opinion on if Slide Saves are cheating could go either way. I totally feel the owner/establishment of the games has the right to say if it's OK or Not - and any guests/patrons should respect it if the owner says no-go.

I think it's a better Skill challenge to NOT allow slide saves in competition. When players are good at slide saves, it makes it too easy to save the ball - when their other skills have come up lacking and they would/should have lost the ball. The top players know this, and some love to take advantage of a machine with an easy tilt by slide saving to infinity. It's fun to do, but it's "cheating" in the sense that it's just too easy. Therefore most TDs set very tight tilts, which can be frustrating.

IMO it would be cool if the games could sense the difference between shaking and sliding.
    Then add an adjustment for Sliding Penalty...
    -- Warning (same as shaking)
    -- Tilt (no warnings, straight to tilt)
    -- Game Tilt (versus a ball tilt)

An extra left/right sensor could probably do the trick.

#214 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

A death save is done after the ball passes the outlane switch and is considered drained. A slide save occurs while the ball is still in play.

If a ball gets stuck in the outlane it is placed in the trough. If a ball gets stuck on the play field, it’s placed on the flippers or in the shooter lane.

Similar rationale.

#215 4 years ago

This thread is like saying stealing bases in baseball is cheating. Why? Because my saturday softball rec league agrees not to do it. MLB? They are wrong and a bunch of cheaters! After all it's called STEALING!

#216 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

A death save is done after the ball passes the outlane switch and is considered drained. A slide save occurs while the ball is still in play.
    If a ball gets stuck in the outlane it is placed in the trough. If a ball gets stuck on the play field, it’s placed on the flippers or in the shooter lane.
    Similar rationale.

An outlane is not out of play. Ball is out of play when it is in the outhole, It has not "drained" until it is IN the Drain and left the Playfield. Too many games have rules and features that apply specificaly to a ball in play that is in an "outlane", which is still absolutely on the playing field, and of course in play. Games like Alien Star have a star post hiding next to the outhole for players to skillfuly (or luckily) nudge a ball back up between the flippers. This is a way pinball is intended (by design) to be played. Moving the machine around on the floor or picking it up is not acounted for in considering the game design, I don't think. A "death save" or "bang back" is far more legitimate than a slide save in my view, considering design. There is an obvious inequality. I'm fine with them being "illegal", but there is this double standard for sliding.

#217 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

This is also basically an update of the "I'm leaving Pinisde..." thread except it's "I'm leaving competitive pinball..."

Maybe both... there certainly been a lot of leaving around here. Anyone "Slide Saves" any of my games will be shown the door legal or not.

#218 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

If you don't like people sliding your games, put something on the feet that makes them hard to move - like rubber feet.
    The idea that sliding a game is somehow damaging is preposterous.

It must have been my imagination that I had to buy new head decals recently due to one of my pins getting slammed into another.

Sometimes tilt bobs come loose and fall off and certain types think it's a free pass to beat and slam the shit out of a pin to prevent drains. IMO they are inconsiderate jackasses. Same goes for the death save guys and the rage tilt guys. If it's not yours be respectful.

And if you're literally picking up the pin off the ground to save, or death save, your ball then I submit that your score is illigitimate.

#219 4 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

You keep using the word “cheating” in the wrong context. I think that’s why you come across as irritating.
    It’s one thing to tell everyone you disagree or that everyone is wrong and you are right but to constantly call everyone cheaters is simply ridiculous.

Quoted from razorsedge:

Who said "everyone"?? . You did.
    More people unable to read effectively.

Okay I’ll define “everyone” as the people on this thread. I didn’t think that was necessary but there you go.
    Second, you’re not addressing the main problem which is calling people on this thread “cheaters”. Why?

Question: Can you perform a slide save yourself consistently?
    I’m asking because most people I meet (not saying this is you) don’t have the strength to do a slide save consistently, so they complain and just write off people that do slide saves as cheaters.

I played a couple games with Lyman Sheets. He nudged, slide saved and even death saved because the way the game was setup. Basically, he destroyed me on Game Of Thrones. Did I complain and call it “cheating”. Hell no. His skill level was simply better than me.(real nice guy too.) AND the game setup at the arcade had almost zero tilt.

The simple fact of pinball is that the plumb bob tilt mechanism controls whether there will be slide saves or even nudging.
    So basically what I’m saying is........quit you’re whining and play better.

#220 4 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

An outlane is not out of play. Ball is out of play when it is in the outhole, It has not "drained" until it is IN the Drain and left the Playfield.

This is not correct, using most major IFPA tournaments as a standard. All the more reason you should not participate or submit results to that system. You just have no clue.

Any ball that passes below the flippers or, any ball that travels more than 50% past an outline guide is considered drained UNLESS, the ball pops back in to play on its own (a player causing a Lazarus save), OR there is a feature on the game specifically allowing a save, like on Centaur or Devil Riders.

For games with a post in the outhole area like Xenon and Alien Star, most major tournament directors just take that rubber off, or remove that post. If it’s there, you are not really suppose to be causing crazy movement to make a save by using it. If it happens on its own, that’s fine.

Now that you are informed, maybe that will clear everything up in the entire thread... not holding my breath...

#221 4 years ago

Bottom line, there is no matter that everyone will agree on, so we set up a governing body to level the playing field. Some would argue that death saves are ok and some would say no nudging at all. So IFPA / PAPA set rules which are somewhere in the middle. Will everyone be happy? No, but they are all playing with the same rules. Again, any move that causes damage is completely unacceptable. Maybe OP needs a disclaimer: "due to poor condition of our machines, no nudging is allowed".

#222 4 years ago

People are welcome to perform slide saves on my games. As long as they don't slide the game into the machine next to it, I have absolutely no problem with it. All my tilt bobs are set fairly. If you are too aggressive, you will tilt. In my opinion, a slide save is an advanced move that any good player should master.

#223 4 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Maybe both... there certainly been a lot of leaving around here. Anyone "Slide Saves" any of my games will be shown the door legal or not.

Nothing wrong with this. If I play anyone's machines but my own, I would ask what is and what is not acceptable. No nudging at all?, no problem.

#224 4 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Okay I’ll define “everyone” as the people on this thread. I didn’t think that was necessary but there you go.
    Second, you’re not addressing the main problem which is calling people on this thread “cheaters”. Why?
    Question: Can you perform a slide save yourself consistently?
    I’m asking because most people I meet (not saying this is you) don’t have the strength to do a slide save consistently, so they complain and just write off people that do slide saves as cheaters.
    I played a couple games with Lyman Sheets. He nudged, slide saved and even death saved because the way the game was setup. Basically, he destroyed me on Game Of Thrones. Did I complain and call it “cheating”. Hell no. His skill level was simply better than me.(real nice guy too.) AND the game setup at the arcade had almost zero tilt.
    The simple fact of pinball is that the plumb bob tilt mechanism controls whether there will be slide saves or even nudging.
    So basically what I’m saying is........quit you’re whining and play better.

Nope. Almost 30% of respondants are not included in "everyone". There are plenty who seem to agree with my point of view.

I physically can, but I do not for several reasons. Out of respect for machines at the least!, but owners as well. So because I refrain as a mater of respect and principle, sliders have an advantage. It would make more sense to have a non sliders division than a womens division. Slide saves seem to be the only advantage burley blokes can really have over a woman (or someone whom refuses to slide) when playing pinball, otherwise everyone could play together in harmony.

If it is just because women feel uncomfortable (womens division) then they should be made to feel more welcome, and any harassers or dic#s pulled into line. I thought the world was trying to be less sexist. Clearly not the whole world.

I might say quit your sliding obsession and make up for it by playing more skilfully! .... any mug with some strength can slide a game, the skill is in the subtle and well timed nudges. Those are the players that I find impressive!

Also, I was talking about the intention in design of a pinball game.... not considering what IFPA or PAPA or anyone else calls illegal..

#225 4 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

Nope. Almost 30% of respondents are not included in "everyone". There are plenty who seem to agree with my point of view.

And yet even those that agree with you don't seem to harbor the disdain that you have for those with a differing view on the subject. That's the thing you are failing to grasp. Your "holier than though" attitude is extremely off-putting.

#226 4 years ago

Why can't you see that even those that disagree with you also say, do what you want with your own tournaments / games, but yet you feel this need to make everyone else agree with you?

#227 4 years ago

Did you honestly think that calling everyone a cheater, who are only following an accepted set of rules, was going to go over well?

#228 4 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

An outlane is not out of play. Ball is out of play when it is in the outhole, It has not "drained" until it is IN the Drain and left the Playfield. Too many games have rules and features that apply specificaly to a ball in play that is in an "outlane", which is still absolutely on the playing field, and of course in play. Games like Alien Star have a star post hiding next to the outhole for players to skillfuly (or luckily) nudge a ball back up between the flippers. This is a way pinball is intended (by design) to be played. Moving the machine around on the floor or picking it up is not acounted for in considering the game design, I don't think. A "death save" or "bang back" is far more legitimate than a slide save in my view, considering design. There is an obvious inequality. I'm fine with them being "illegal", but there is this double standard for sliding.

You just jumped shark with that reasoning.

#229 4 years ago

Also, isn't it like 3:30am in Austrailia? Are you losing sleep over this thread?

#230 4 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

And yet even those that agree with you don't seem to harbor the disdain that you have for those with a differing view on the subject. That's the thing you are failing to grasp. Your "holier than though" attitude is very off-putting.

I think cheating, destructivness, and excessive physical outbursts are quite off-putting. So do others. It seems to be the people here trying to justify their way that are getting all upset...

It's just a forum discussion. Some interesting points made. No big deal to me, I'll still be playing pinball either way. Chill out

#231 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Also, isn't it like 3:30am in Austrailia? Are you losing sleep over this thread?

Yaaay and it's the weekend!

Yeah it is 3am, pickled, "stick a fork in me baby cuz I'm done!" Lol

#232 4 years ago

For our location league, all games have rubber feet under them.
    Sensitive, but fair tilt settings.
    You can get away with a good side to side save usually.
    But get too aggressive and you will pay for it.
    It is all part of pinball play.
    Our rule is legs out of rubber feet is a round DQ.

We always check the legs on location to make sure they don't loosen up.
    Never have any damage on a game from slide saves.
    Loose legs will dig in though to the cabinet.

#233 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Did you honestly think that calling everyone a cheater, who are only following an accepted set of rules, was going to go over well?

You have to stop saying I am calling everyone a cheater mate. That is extremist. I believe slide saving by manhandling machines across the floor is cheating and extreme, that is nothing like "calling everyone a cheater". People put themselves in the category I believe in. If they want to do it to their own machine, fine. But it is banned at our tournaments going forward, one way or another.

#234 4 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

You have to stop saying I am calling everyone a cheater mate. That is extremist. I believe slide saving by manhandling machines across the floor is cheating and extreme. People put themselves in the category. If they want to do it to their own machine, fine. But it is banned at our tournaments.

Ok, but you did keep saying it is cheating at the beginning of this. And if rules are set, everyone should play under the rules of the establishment they are playing under. If in your tournamemt, it is not acceptable, then it is cheating. But not if everyone agrees to play under a set guideline.

#235 4 years ago

There are two guys in my league that do an amazing outline shake trying to walk the ball back up into play. I’m always amazed they don’t tilt doing it on a classic. But great control. Or when the ball is at the top of the slings a good sharp rap to get it away from there. Better players make harsher saves, it’s just part of the game. If my tilt is loose enough, or my floors are too slippery that a slide save can work? Oh well. But tap the game next to it and we have a big problem.

It’s just a fact of life for a game, it’s gonna take some whacks. It’s usually not abuse. And if it is abuse, it’s pretty easy to spot. That will get a direct talking to the person about it. And if it’s ignored, they will be leaving and won’t be invited back. But if you bat me with a well executed slap save or outlane shake, good on ya.

#236 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Ok, but you did keep saying it is cheating at the beginning of this. And if rules are set, everyone should play under the rules of the establishment they are playing under. If in your tournamemt, it is not acceptable, then it is cheating. But not if everyone agrees to play under a set guideline.

Reason the poll title is "cheating the game".

Always the problem with text, trying to convey context. I admit I'm not the best at getting intended message across with written word. "Cheating the game" is supposed to be an important extension beyond "cheating" on it's own. To me it isn't in the spirit of the game, clearly plenty of people believe it is. If they believe they are not cheating the game, and everyone does the same, they are of course free to play their standards... and not be cheating, by their own code of conduct.

Just because I feel like it is cheating (especially the times I have done it), doesn't mean everyone has to feel that way. But it is what I call it, soooo.... each to their own. It has been interesting to read the various viewpoints.

I found it rather unsatisfying as well, especially compared to some speccy subtle nudging or dig outs

#237 4 years ago

Jeez, if you don't like slide saves, which are legal, so not cheating, just tighten the tilt.

That is all you have to do.

Next discussion?

#238 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Jeez, if you don't like slide saves, which are legal, so not cheating, just tighten the tilt.
    That is all you have to do.
    Next discussion?

So now we have to limit nudging out of existence with rediculously tight tilt and/or no warnings, just to cater for potential slide savers?

No, I don't think that is going to happen. Something will be in place to identify and penalise slide saves, but not by upsetting the nudging or tilt settings.

#239 4 years ago

My thoughts on it are it's not cheating.

Here's a fun stick in the argument of damage or stress placed on the pin itself. My spouse holds a PE license and is an expert in statics and dynamics showed me the math that slide saves can often happen with less force being generated on the pin itself than a nudge forward that doesn't cause so much of a danger. Ergo, the math considering all variables and factors dictates that it's more damaging to a single pin to nudge the machine forward than to slide the pin. The irony of it all, every pin will be nudged more than slide saved over its lifetime.

#240 4 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

People are welcome to perform slide saves on my games. As long as they don't slide the game into the machine next to it, I have absolutely no problem with it. All my tilt bobs are set fairly. If you are too aggressive, you will tilt. In my opinion, a slide save is an advanced move that any good player should master.

Each to his own, I never thought of slide saving as an advanced move. Moving a newer game, especially a Stern, a few inches to save a SDTM drain without tilting is really fairly easy. Probably one of the easier skills to do.

#241 4 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

So now we have to limit nudging out of existence with rediculously tight tilt and/or no warnings, just to cater for potential slide savers?

No. If you have the experience you say you have, you should know full well it’s a relatively simple adjustment to eliminate slide saves from a tournament and keep the tilt tight but fair.

#242 4 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

A "death save" or "bang back" is far more legitimate than a slide save in my view.

Probably one of the dumbest things I’ve read on pinside.

#243 4 years ago
    Quoted from Potatoloco:

My thoughts on it are it's not cheating.
    Here's a fun stick in the argument of damage or stress placed on the pin itself. My spouse holds a PE license and is an expert in statics and dynamics showed me the math that slide saves can often happen with less force being generated on the pin itself than a nudge forward that doesn't cause so much of a danger. Ergo, the math considering all variables and factors dictates that it's more damaging to a single pin to nudge the machine forward than to slide the pin. The irony of it all, every pin will be nudged more than slide saved over its lifetime.

Of course, but not true in all situations. It depends on too many factors to be absolute. Our floor surfacing is going to cause damage given someone strong enough to put in the force required, it grips and catches feet. It is about resistance, of course. I totally agree certain situations, there can be nil damage. But we don't have any of those slipery conditions locally I'm afraid, a very few people have been known to try, but after the fact is too late. Players get whatever flex is in the legs for nudging and that is it.

#244 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Probably one of the dumbest things I’ve read on pinside.

Wow, likewise... Probably one of the dumbest things I’ve read on pinside.

It is designed into games to do this, deathsaves. Sliding and manhandling isn't an intended design feature or expectation, I think. Nothing dumb about it, just logical.

#245 4 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

Wow, likewise... Probably one of the dumbest things I’ve read on pinside.

Dude, c’mon, you’re embarrising yourself. Everyone’s right, everyone’s wrong, who really cares , the world continues spinning, there’s more to life than this..

Loosen up your internal tilt and enjoy playing, slidesaves or not .

#246 4 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

This does not make it "not cheating". It merely means the IFPA aproves of the conduct. Lol
    Sorry, I don't agree with the IFPA's opinion.
    This seems to be the reason everyone rekons it's okay. I say bollocks.

The issue is when you get into the degrees of what was a slide save and what was a hard nudge that accidentally moved the table a bit, and what is actually enforceable.

Slide saves like that congo above I think everyone would agree that is not acceptable. However, sometimes you might hard nudge the machine to try to make contact with a flipper on SDTM. Depending on the feet and flooring and machine, it might slide over a cm.. where do you draw the line?

Properly set tilts will engage with this, and that's the price you pay.

For me, I have ab issue with the abuse I see machines take AFTER_ the ball has drained .

#247 4 years ago

The difference between a nudge and a slide (the action taken by a player, and the effect on a machine) is negligible.

I went to my local barcade last weekend, as typical. They had just rearranged their pinball area. I was playing my first game of GOTG. I went to make my first nudge of the day, and slid the game 10 inches (or more). I was more than a little self-conscious of the appearance of that move. I am well aware of how noobs react to moves or all kinds. And it was a big move.

I do not like to see people abuse games on location. I have respect for other people's property. And also (selfishly), I pay money to play those very games. Therefore, I want the machines to work well, and play nicely. And I know pinball machines are finicky contraptions, extremely prone to malfunction. So, I play them with care and respect. But I do play for real (at least when the game is going well enough that I have a shot at a GC score or something). Just as I've done for decades.

The reason that GOTG slid this week (when the previous week it wouldn't have moved at all)?

The feet were now on an area of the floor that had been getting mopped everyday (before they rearranged the games). It was so slick and so clean.

It was a struggle to play the game, because I couldn't nudge without the game sliding (and inducing tilt bob-chaos). But I wasn't going to go home, I just got there. I even tried to play Munsters. But that sucked too much and I decided that dealing with a sliding GOTG was better. So I dealt with it the best that I could. Yep, I made a lot of slides that day. Those were the conditions that I had to deal with. I usually don't tilt much (I usually tilt once or twice to find a game's limits, and then I am very actively trying my hardest to NOT TILT). But I did plenty of times last week. It kinda sucked. But that's how it goes with pinball. You must play with the physical nature of that individual machine at that time, which is always widely variable.

OMG... I'm such a destructor of pinball machines now... all the stuck-up noobs who think pinball is an endeavor of collecting and wealth will think so... I'll never get invited to play their magnificent collections.

Oh no.
    Oh well.

I've was playing their prized possessions, decades before they had any interest in pinball. Apparently, the games survived my occasional slide saves. Let the noobs think what think what they want. I'm got tired of those games years ago. I like playing the new games, the ones I am just figuring out. Once I can blow a game up, with some regularity, I lose all interest. Those 30 year old games were fun 30 years ago. Now I play the games that I couldn't play 30 years ago (which are the current ones). And they will also survive me playing them also. The collector community...

a bobily bo bo, a bobily bo

#248 4 years ago
    Quoted from steigerpijp:

Dude, c’mon, you’re embarrising yourself. Everyone’s right, everyone’s wrong, who really cares , the world continues spinning, there’s more to life than this..
    Loosen up your internal tilt and enjoy playing, slidesaves or not .

Nah, not embarasing myself. If I wrote some of the things a few other posters have written here, then I would the be embarased. lol

Another feeling subject to perspective/opinion.

Yep, certainly. Correct. Will do!

#249 4 years ago

Here is the actual ruling.....

Not illegal unless move off rubber feet!!!

Any player who moves a game to the point it slides off of a rubber foot beneath the game’s leg will be given a score of zero for the game. This is determined based on any portion of the leg leveler being in physical contact with the ground. A tournament director will then attempt to put the game back onto the rubber foot. If successful, the game will continue. If a tilt-through occurs, the appropriate tilt-through procedure will be followed. Should this happen to the last player on the last ball of the game, the same rules will be enforced, with a score of zero being given to that player.

#250 4 years ago

I think you’re missing the point... Take JJP pirates(right out lane)- having the ball fall back into the shooter lane is not a bangback or deathsave. It’s a well timed bump/nudge.

Quoted from razorsedge:

It is designed into games to do this, deathsaves. Sliding and manhandling isn't an intended design feature or expectation, I think. Nothing dumb about it, just logical.

There are 888 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-what-is-a-slide-save-classed-as-in-pinball/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.