(Topic ID: 251816)

Poll : Is a "slide save" (moving the feet) cheating the game?

By razorsedge

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 781 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by razorsedge
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Poll : Is a "slide save" (moving the feet) cheating the game?”

• Yes, slide saving is cheating the game. 176 votes
      32%
    • No, slide saving is not cheating the game. 366 votes
      68%

(542 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 62 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tenor-7.gif
    7DBDD358-2EAE-45C1-820F-4230E444496E (resized).jpeg
    20191001_205709 (resized).jpg
    20191001_205544 (resized).jpg
    6C765CB7-45B1-4885-9881-BCD4B1FB5C6C (resized).jpeg
    0214A096-2A32-47E6-86DB-F263995D5B4F.gif
    tenor (resized).png
    Dumpster Fire (resized).png
    64DED9EB-68EB-496D-8684-7ABF0A70B25C (resized).jpeg
    2A8723FF-7DDD-4918-88A9-BA5EDBD03BE2 (resized).jpeg
    A170967F-B2F9-414B-B0A2-401E34E8E45D (resized).jpeg
    spiritofpinball04 (resized).jpg
    545A7445-BDEC-4D38-BD1D-C25D83004412 (resized).jpeg
    Black Knight battle (resized).jpg
    9D14DD23-1147-48F2-892C-996DD7CD3B36 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg

There are 781 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 16.
    #751 10 months ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Gonna slide save the shit out of Ghostbusters premium at league tonight. Hope it can handle more than six inches.

See if you can get it into the back of your truck before it tilts.

#752 10 months ago

I'm gonna aim for the dumpster.

#753 10 months ago

Huge Slide saves in our league tournaments, though not illegal, are highly frowned upon, since we are playing on the host collector’s machines. However, when the host slide saves his own machine during the tournament, do you think I am gentle and curt with my slides from that point on? No. If the host abuses his machines, then I respond in kind with my save efforts. Bang backs and death saves are not allowed, but slide saves, depending on how violent they are NOT, are tolerated.

If I am paying to play, then the only referee is either the bartender or the arcade worker flunky watching me or Bob. And if Bob says its ok, then its OK. I am competing with the owner/op to play as much pinball without having to pay for it. If my slide save loosened up the leg bolts a little bit, and scratched the floor, well the owner got a buck out of me for 3 balls which cost him nothing, maybe he can use a little bit of that dollar and pay some flunky $10 bucks an hour to rerubber, clean, wax, and retighten the leg bolts, oh and throw on a new set of leg levelers on the feet once in a while, they cost all of a couple of bucks. A coat of wax on that floor might help with the scuff marks.

#754 10 months ago

Threads about how many inches of movement constitutes a “slide” and how to use a hot iron to flatten out clear coat issues.

WTH is going on around here?

#755 10 months ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

I’m not sure but MORE then 6” seems like a lot.

Well they say 6 inches is the average slide for white males.

#756 10 months ago
    Quoted from Humph:

I sincerely apologize for some of my comments/postings that may have offended some (especially OP) as some of them may not be in the spirit of debate.

Damn, you HAVE been drinking.

#757 10 months ago

Anyone get a photo of Level 257 league last night? Deadpool got shoved so far to the left that we had to angle TWO games on that side to make room. (cough abagwell cough)

#758 10 months ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Anyone get a photo of Level 257 league last night? Deadpool got shoved so far to the left that we had to angle TWO games on that side to make room. (cough abagwell cough)

You bet your butt I did....

Four machines were destroyed and two players permabanned due to slide saves that night. Jk, NO MACHINES WERE HARMED in the execution of these skill moves...

20191001_205544 (resized).jpg20191001_205709 (resized).jpg
    #759 10 months ago

For real though, when the "dude who saved pinball" is the one to nonchalantly move the Hobbit after a nice abagwell slide save and plunge away without complaint, I think we've got our answer re: slide saves

#760 10 months ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

For real though, when the "dude who saved pinball" is the one to nonchalantly move the Hobbit after a nice abagwell slide save and plunge away without complaint, I think we've got our answer re: slide saves

For Some. Each to their own.

#761 10 months ago
    Quoted from yancy:

What kind of scores were pulled on DP ?

#762 10 months ago
    Quoted from Humph:

What kind of scores were pulled on DP ?

100 to 200 this night, set up hard with no ball save or eb for competition. Seen 300 to 500 other nights. Plays well otherwise GC at around 2 billion

#763 10 months ago

Cool, my GC is just shy of 2 billion.

Deadpool one of my faves, but haven't played it in a tougher tourney setting as yet.

#764 10 months ago

So it looks like the debate is finally over. So the results are in and the verdict is........

#765 10 months ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

So it looks like the debate is finally over. So the results are in and the verdict is........

Russian bots have learned a new way to outrage people. Talk about sliding things around.

#766 10 months ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

It can not be disputed that "slide saves" can often cause excessive (additional) wear and tear or damage to pinball machines.

The only thing at real risk is your floor.

In a great game you sure as heck can bet I may slide save. It’s a pro move IMO.

#767 10 months ago

Just because.....this guy had a small “slide”

7DBDD358-2EAE-45C1-820F-4230E444496E (resized).jpeg
    #768 10 months ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Just because.....this guy had a small “slide”[quoted image]

Oh thats just not right....

#769 10 months ago

What if a pinball machine was on a hockey rink?
    Slides would be pretty cool!

2 months later
    #770 8 months ago

I voted no, but I think I have misunderstood the wording... I nudge like hell when I play, but never SLIDE the actual machine. If I even nudge too hard, I tilt it so how the hell does anyone get away with full on sliding. In that case, my vote would be yes, it is cheating.

#771 8 months ago

I don’t know how they do it. It’s cheating!! Haha. Really only works on games with no tilt or modern games with debounce code.

#772 8 months ago
    Quoted from Crimsonsteel:

I voted no, but I think I have misunderstood the wording... I nudge like hell when I play, but never SLIDE the actual machine. If I even nudge too hard, I tilt it so how the hell does anyone get away with full on sliding. In that case, my vote would be yes, it is cheating.

Everyone has the option to change their vote if they choose.

Hindsight there would have been better wording. 20-20. Cant really change the actual question once a heap of people have voted though.

Key words "the game" were intended to add the Context at the end. Not clear enough though. Most a bit too focused on the "C" word (I mean cheating, not Context lol).

It should have read something like:

Is sliding a pinball machine across the floor (+inch) in the spirit of the game?
    -Yes
    -No
    -Other

Could even go more like: Does being violent with machines discourage women, or make them feel uncomfortable at "tournaments" ??

Anyway...

#773 8 months ago

Didn't this thread die?

We had to drag F-14 out of the way last night after a few slide saves on GB during leagues. I may or may not have contributed to it being partially sideways.

#774 8 months ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Didn't this thread die?

Must have got its flu shot.

#775 8 months ago

Slid the new Jurassic park 6 inches in fromnt of the operator yesterday.
    Lucky he's a mate.

#776 8 months ago

Each to their own. There is clearly more than one way to use, play or abuse a pinball machine.

*edit

#777 8 months ago

You're still wrong bro.

#778 8 months ago

Not everyone is a barbarian though

I'd forgotten all about this thread. Good to see someone gave it a revival.

It's wierd that while condoning sliding pinballs across the floor, some machoistic dickheads still wonder why women would want their own division. Lol

Gives the barbarians somewhere to argue how they see their behaviour as "justified"

#779 8 months ago
    Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

You're still wrong bro.

I am no more "wrong" than you are my friend.

Watch the downvotes come rolling in from those wanting to protect their "right" to be violent.

It would be interesting to know what percentage of "no" voters in this thread are women.

#781 8 months ago

Doesn't seem like a dead horse at all... already up another point to 32% ....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    € 6.50
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 14.95
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 4.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 4.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 89.99
    $ 29.50
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 14.95
    Various Novelties
    Allteksystems
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    There are 781 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside