(Topic ID: 184709)

Poll: What Color AFMr LE are You Getting?

By MrSanRamon

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 143 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by EricHadley
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Poll: What Color AFMr LE are You Getting?”

• Green 77 votes
    27%
  • Black 99 votes
    35%
  • Stainless 22 votes
    8%
  • Not Buying an LE 84 votes
    30%

(282 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

afm-black4 (resized).jpg
afm-black3 (resized).jpg
1mficd (resized).jpg
IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
IMG_6293 (resized).JPG
IMG_6292 (resized).JPG
IMG_6370 (resized).JPG
6873aadc243fad387b433f68d2c055fc3288d68b (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 12.02.33 PM (resized).png
Model Differences (resized).png
IMG_9150 (resized).JPG
IMG_9148 (resized).JPG
IMG_9146 (resized).JPG
IMG_9143 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jjhlh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I'm hoping to get some opinions of the green, from people that have actually seen it in person.

I'm at TPF. The green looks good, but I signed up for a black LE. There is already a lot of green on the LE with the saucer LEDs, topper LEDs, and mirror blade reflections. I'm thinking black trim might balance things out a bit and actually enhance the bright colors that are already there. Stainless would also have this effect. Artists say one way of making colors pop is by placing neutral or complimentary colors nearby. That leads the eye to the focal point, which is the playfield. It's the old cliche that if everyone is shouting no one gets heard. But there is no right or wrong answer. All 3 options look good to me.

The game is stunningly beautiful in person. The playfield LEDs are sparkling jewels. I wasn't planning on buying a game this weekend but after seeing and playing it I am in.

#18 7 years ago

Here are some photos I took with my phone looking over the shoulder of others giving a rough comparison between the green and stainless. Someone in another thread mentioned that the lights on the stainless model are turned up compared to the LE, which seems accurate and makes a true comparison more difficult.

The guy in the first stainless pic was having one heck of a game! At one point he seemed to have every insert on the playfield lit. That was the first time I've seen a video mode with just the mothership, which I think he had to hit 80 times with the canon, which he successfully did. The video modes look great on the large color screen, btw.

IMG_9143 (resized).JPGIMG_9143 (resized).JPG
IMG_9146 (resized).JPGIMG_9146 (resized).JPG
IMG_9148 (resized).JPGIMG_9148 (resized).JPG
IMG_9150 (resized).JPGIMG_9150 (resized).JPG

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Nice photos, which color did you prefer?

I chose black. But I'm not sure it really matters that much with this game. All 3 options work.

#24 7 years ago

OK, after playing this game for 3 days the Martian Green color is growing on me. I think I've changed my mind and may go with green. It is distinctive to the LE and seems to fit in nicely.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

Black would look good too, have they said if the black is like the finish on a stern or something with a nicer finish.

I had the opportunity to speak with Doug extensively during the show. He was really nice and said the black will be similiar to the black they offered for MMr.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from ecmurrayf1:

I asked at the show if there was the possibility of making the backbox hinges green to match but Doug said no. I like the green but will probably go black for that reason.

I ordered black and was considering changing to green since it looked good at TPF, but think I will stick to black. There really isn't a bad choice among the options.

#89 7 years ago

Here are a couple more that were posted earlier in the other thread. And some of the black MMr which is likely what the AFMr trim will look like.

IMG_6370 (resized).JPGIMG_6370 (resized).JPG

IMG_6292 (resized).JPGIMG_6292 (resized).JPG

IMG_6293 (resized).JPGIMG_6293 (resized).JPG

IMG_6371 (resized).JPGIMG_6371 (resized).JPG

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

After seeing some close up pictures of MMr with black, I've decided to go green.
I've seen the green in person, and I like it. Rolling the dice on black without seeing one in person is more risk than I care to take.
So team green for me now!
Marcus

I agree Marcus, and also made the switch from black to green after debating it for several days. All the colors look nice, but the green at the show grew on me after seeing it in person for 3 days. Maybe we are channeling our inner Martian!

2 weeks later
#132 7 years ago

I also initially voted black but then changed my order to green. They all look nice though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jjhlh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-what-color-afmr-le-are-you-getting?tu=jjhlh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.