(Topic ID: 184709)

Poll: What Color AFMr LE are You Getting?

By MrSanRamon

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 143 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by EricHadley
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Poll: What Color AFMr LE are You Getting?”

• Green 77 votes
    27%
  • Black 99 votes
    35%
  • Stainless 22 votes
    8%
  • Not Buying an LE 84 votes
    30%

(282 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

afm-black4 (resized).jpg
afm-black3 (resized).jpg
1mficd (resized).jpg
IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
IMG_6293 (resized).JPG
IMG_6292 (resized).JPG
IMG_6370 (resized).JPG
6873aadc243fad387b433f68d2c055fc3288d68b (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 12.02.33 PM (resized).png
Model Differences (resized).png
IMG_9150 (resized).JPG
IMG_9148 (resized).JPG
IMG_9146 (resized).JPG
IMG_9143 (resized).JPG
There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 years ago

I really don't have a dog in the race as to what color you choose, just want you to buy our games. The far majority of people who attended TPF and played AFM commented as to how surprised they were on how much they liked the Martian Green. This is why they make strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla ice cream and why we offer the three options. I had the opportunity to talk to several people at the show, really enjoyed reconnecting with many of you as well as making some new friends. I am not on Pinside very often, but will try to check in a little more often. However, if it were me, I would want the Martian Green. The green makes the game really pop and long-term might add more value to the game (my two cents). Doug Skor

#102 7 years ago

green for me Doug

1 week later
#103 7 years ago

I went with Green at first but then decided in a home environment black was for me. Like someone said earlier in a post the focus should be on the playfield, not on the side rails. just my 2 cents...

#104 7 years ago

I went with the black because I think it goes better with the over all finish of the game.
All the edges of the back box are black, and the edging in the artwork is black.

Not trying to be super matchy-matchy but I like the sharp look of the black as a stand alone.

If my game was body to body in an arcade, I might choose green to make it stand out a bit.

I think all the choices are excellent, and in a pinch you can get any color these days just send out the parts for powdercoating or plating!

I still want to see what a dark red looks like, If done right it might be as sharp as the black IMHO...

#105 7 years ago

I went green. Didn't like the look of it in pics, but was told it looked much better in person. Black is definitely the safer choice, but I have lots of black armored pins, so decided to go for it. With the topper, the big screen and the green armor it will definitely be a standout.

#106 7 years ago

I switched to green.

#107 7 years ago

I am sticking with black.

#108 7 years ago

The green is only option. It's looks amazing in person!

#109 7 years ago

474 black please send soon

#110 7 years ago

I wonder how the green shade is compared to GBLE. If I were buying I think I'd want red but that is partly because I already have a green pin.

#111 7 years ago

I switched. Going green.

#113 7 years ago

Green the way to go? Went from an SE to an LE earlier this evening.

#114 7 years ago

Chalk me up for switching back to green as well... Seems everyone that saw the game in person is going with green.

#115 7 years ago

I went with green as well.

#116 7 years ago

I switched from green to black. Reason being I think black is super safe and if I have my choice I'll send everything out for chrome plating or metallic flake dark red powdercoat.

I've used woody76 (Ron at Pinballplatingandmore.com) recently for a powdercoat job on my Ghostbusters premium. He was easy to work with (great communication, affordable pricing, and quality job).

#117 7 years ago

Hah, I just joined the "switched from black to green" club! I was so sold on the black, but I keep watching over the shoulder videos of the green being played and it just looks so fun. I used to have a bright yellow powder coated TSPP and I really liked the vibe it brought to my room.

I imagine black will be more desirable down the line and green might affect resale a bit, but who am I kidding, this game is going nowhere

#118 7 years ago

I believe Martian Green is what people will associate with the LE. Hence holding more value over the long term.

#119 7 years ago

I can tell you what my customers are taking 48.6% Green 48.6% Black and 2.9% SS

#120 7 years ago

The black definitely seems like the safe play here as I won't have the chance to see the game in person before it ships. If I ordered the green I would send the back box hinges in to have them powder coated to match as I don't care for the green on black look.

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The black definitely seems like the safe play here as I won't have the chance to see the game in person before it ships. If I ordered the green I would send the back box hinges in to have them powder coated to match as I don't care for the green on black look.

Green on Black = The Green Hornet (coming soon)

#122 7 years ago

I ordered black, but I am starting to rethink it.
Look at it this way - you can always order black trim etc on the after market (or martian red, which is my preference) - but when the time comes to sell, if you at least have the original stock 'martian green' available, that may cinche it for some people, as that may be hard to replicate for a purist..... just a thought.

#123 7 years ago

Black all the way!!

#124 7 years ago

I am in on black but the green looks great too. Don't think you can go wrong

#125 7 years ago

I'm still getting green...I think it will be great color.

Robert

#126 7 years ago

We were at TPF and wasn't sure I liked the green. I can see it as something that might attract someone to the game on location, but it doesn't look like a great fit. Looking at some of Chris's pics on the HEP website, I'm thinking glass black is the best looking option. That said, we're going with gloss black.

afm-black3 (resized).jpgafm-black3 (resized).jpg
afm-black4 (resized).jpgafm-black4 (resized).jpg

#127 7 years ago

Green for me.

#128 7 years ago

The biggest concern for me is the black isn't that glossy apparently. I switched to green, not the classiest but kind of screams "fun"

#129 7 years ago

I went with green myself

#130 7 years ago

it's interesting, as reality shows that between green and black trim the opposite (and more) than what the polling shows ...

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

it's interesting, as reality shows that between green and black trim the opposite (and more) than what the polling shows ...

I don't think votes can be changed, can they? I originally voted black then went green.

#132 7 years ago

I also initially voted black but then changed my order to green. They all look nice though.

#133 7 years ago

Votes are free. Orders cost real money

#134 7 years ago

A very large percentage of the color commitments are coming in from our dealers. We are currently running at approximately 60% Martian Green, 37% Black, and 3% Stainless. The black we are using for AFMr is the exact same black that we used on MMr. Again, it makes no never mind to me what color you choose, but the actual orders do not necessarily match the results of this poll. Thought you all would like to know.

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I sure wish chrome trim was an option

#136 6 years ago

Black seems too boring for such a stand out machine. And being that it is not the real high gloss black I just think ordinary. Stainless steel looks like a standard edition - lol. The LEs will be recognized in the future for their "Martian green"

In for green. No second guessing and no
Looking back. Have these started shipping yet?

#137 6 years ago

Black for me--allows the cabinet and playfield colors to stand out

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I sure wish chrome trim was an option

Chrome is very problemmatic - as if there is any blemish (i.e. not perfection) then customers have issues. After purchase then Chrome is the option that will show every fingerprint and blemish over time ...

#139 6 years ago

It was a tough decision for me, my MMR is black and I wanted to match it, but in the end green won!

#140 6 years ago

AFM LE Martian Green ordered.

#141 6 years ago

Looks like green is the clear winner with orders.
I personally still think the black looks nicer.

#142 6 years ago

A good friend of mine, right here in sarasota is getting the green one! I can't wait to play it! BUT I'm sworn to secrecy!

1 week later
#143 6 years ago

Originally I said black, but I am changing my order to Martian Green!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-what-color-afmr-le-are-you-getting/page/3?hl=cgc_dougs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.