(Topic ID: 184709)

Poll: What Color AFMr LE are You Getting?

By MrSanRamon

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 143 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by EricHadley
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Poll: What Color AFMr LE are You Getting?”

• Green 77 votes
    27%
  • Black 99 votes
    35%
  • Stainless 22 votes
    8%
  • Not Buying an LE 84 votes
    30%

(282 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

afm-black4 (resized).jpg
afm-black3 (resized).jpg
1mficd (resized).jpg
IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
IMG_6293 (resized).JPG
IMG_6292 (resized).JPG
IMG_6370 (resized).JPG
6873aadc243fad387b433f68d2c055fc3288d68b (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 12.02.33 PM (resized).png
Model Differences (resized).png
IMG_9150 (resized).JPG
IMG_9148 (resized).JPG
IMG_9146 (resized).JPG
IMG_9143 (resized).JPG
There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 7 years ago

I've finally decided...its green for me.

Robert

#52 7 years ago

I switched from black to green. Started thinking and although i love the black I already have POTC and ST Pro with a lot of black and want this one to be different. Plus my sister weighed in and loves the green - she likes the Oregon Ducks and the different greens - lol. The game is the bomb and any of the 3 choices will work well!

#53 7 years ago

I ordered #242 in Stainless to match my Stainless MMr LE. I do like the black though.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

just remember guys, the black is not a high gloss black....kinda in between flat and semi gloss. Not bad, but just don't expect a glossy black.

Thanks. Good to know as I think black really pulls things together on this pin. I seen an original AFM
some where and had black trim. Very nice. Of course folks picking up green trim will be happy too!
Just wish I was there in person to take a look anyhow.

#55 7 years ago

As long as it's a smooth black and not textured ala Stern pros I'm happy. I presume this will be leftovers from MMR, and whatever new ones need to be made will match as well. I think all three options are great and should make everybody happy.

#56 7 years ago

Looks good to me!

Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 12.02.33 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-03-28 at 12.02.33 PM (resized).png

#57 7 years ago

I really dont want the black to be super shiny, it shows smears and finger prints too much (IMHO...).
Black with a tiny bit of green/gold metallic might be cool. I have to see that though...

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

When I see black, I think of a Stern pro.

I think the exact same thing... I personally like Stainless, I am just use to seeing Bally/Williams in stainless.

#59 7 years ago

LE #422 will be Green.

#60 7 years ago

At first glance I thought the green looked horrible on AFM and I was convinced I would go black. But now it's grown on me and when someone looks at my AFMr I want there to be no doubt that it's an LE. I want this pin to stand out in my lineup and the green will definitely draw attention to it. So green for me.

#61 7 years ago

If I were getting one it would be chrome.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

As long as it's a smooth black and not textured ala Stern pros I'm happy. I presume this will be leftovers from MMR, and whatever new ones need to be made will match as well. I think all three options are great and should make everybody happy.

"I agree it is a nice smooth black, just didn't want people expecting gloss black to be disappointed."

#63 7 years ago

Green for the Evergreen State

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I want there to be no doubt that it's an LE. I want this pin to stand out in my lineup and the green will definitely draw attention to it. So green for me.

The topper doesn't do it for ya?

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

The topper doesn't do it for ya?

Almost!

#66 7 years ago

LE in black for me!

I actually really like the green, but I've also got an Alien LE coming in green, and I figured that was a little too much of the same thing.

#67 7 years ago

Ordered a Black LE through PPS and not a re seller. Got a confirmation email but not an assigned number. How did you guys gets your numbers? Don't want to bug PPS...

My first pinball after owning 60+ Vids.. Very excited!!!

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

LE in black for me!
I actually really like the green, but I've also got an Alien LE coming in green, and I figured that was a little too much of the same thing.

I'm doing Alien LE in black and AFMrLE in green. I felt that Alien needed to be all black, since it's a much darker themed game.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from DSL_:

Ordered a Black LE through PPS and not a re seller. Got a confirmation email but not an assigned number. How did you guys gets your numbers? Don't want to bug PPS...
My first pinball after owning 60+ Vids.. Very excited!!!

Supposedly PPS is allowing MMR LE owners until April 30th to buy an AFMR LE and reserve the same number. So I'd guess numbers after that will be assigned.

Enjoy the new pin experience; it's amazing and memorable for most!

#70 7 years ago

As a second-hand owner of an MMR LE, I'm just the slightest bit bummed I can't jump on the # matching thing... but I get why the system is in place. It's gonna be SUPER tough, but I'll probably get over it eventually with the right balance of therapy and meds.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

As a second-hand owner of an MMR LE, I'm just the slightest bit bummed I can't jump on the # matching thing... but I get why the system is in place. It's gonna be SUPER tough, but I'll probably get over it eventually with the right balance of therapy and meds.

I would call Rick and ask for a matching number, Its not like someone else has the same number.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I would call Rick and ask for a matching number, Its not like someone else has the same number.

Just emailed him, doesn't hurt to ask. Thank you. Would be cool to have the same number across future releases!

#73 7 years ago

Ricks a decent guy, he was able to accommodate a request I made without a problem.

#74 7 years ago

Just spoke with him, it's up to my distro and Chicago Gaming. So not a big deal but will continue to pursue thanks!

#75 7 years ago

#669 will be in black!

#76 7 years ago

I asked at the show if there was the possibility of making the backbox hinges green to match but Doug said no. I like the green but will probably go black for that reason.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from ecmurrayf1:

I asked at the show if there was the possibility of making the backbox hinges green to match but Doug said no. I like the green but will probably go black for that reason.

I ordered black and was considering changing to green since it looked good at TPF, but think I will stick to black. There really isn't a bad choice among the options.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from ecmurrayf1:

Me too...

#79 7 years ago

sorry if I missed this somewhere, but how many LEs are being produced?

#80 7 years ago

I chose black for mine.

I really would have loved red, and the green does look great in person.

And truth be told, I have considered changing to green. But the MMr black looks fantastic and I think it will just as nice on AFMr LE

Marcus

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

but how many LEs are being produced?

LTG : )

#82 7 years ago

I got the last available LE from my local distributor. I ordered it in green, since only the LE will come in green. I had planned to wait a bit, but it sounds like the LE's are moving too quickly to hesitate if you are fixated on getting an LE. They might be all gone soon from what I am hearing, although some distributors still apparently have some. The standard and SE look nice also and seem to be more plentiful, should the LE's sell out.

#83 7 years ago

Stainless for me... funny if that becomes the rare option

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from PDFVT:

Stainless for me... funny if that becomes the rare option

Its a good choice, you can always move the new rails to another game and order whatever color you want from pinallplating.com

#85 7 years ago

I ordered mine with black. Can someone with a MMr with black trim take a close up picture of the lockdown bar showing the finish and the sheen so we can get an idea of how glossy and textured it is? Thanks.

#86 7 years ago

I am going to tey and get my green LE tommorrow...are there still some left???

#87 7 years ago

Is there any pictures of this thing in black??
Or can someone photoshop some black trim and post a photo.
I'm torn between the black and green.

#88 7 years ago

6873aadc243fad387b433f68d2c055fc3288d68b (resized).jpg6873aadc243fad387b433f68d2c055fc3288d68b (resized).jpg

#89 7 years ago

Here are a couple more that were posted earlier in the other thread. And some of the black MMr which is likely what the AFMr trim will look like.

IMG_6370 (resized).JPGIMG_6370 (resized).JPG

IMG_6292 (resized).JPGIMG_6292 (resized).JPG

IMG_6293 (resized).JPGIMG_6293 (resized).JPG

IMG_6371 (resized).JPGIMG_6371 (resized).JPG

#90 7 years ago

I was not sure, but my buddy played it in Texas and thought the green looked good. So I am going with green and if I totally hate it, I will change it. Maybe use it on creature..

#91 7 years ago

I have black ordered but am really considering switching to green...

Side note, does le come with invisaglass? Or does PPS offer that as an option?

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I have black ordered but am really considering switching to green...
Side note, does le come with invisaglass? Or does PPS offer that as an option?

No thats a jjp thing.

#93 7 years ago

1mficd (resized).jpg1mficd (resized).jpg

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I chose black for mine.
I really would have loved red, and the green does look great in person.
And truth be told, I have considered changing to green. But the MMr black looks fantastic and I think it will just as nice on AFMr LE
Marcus

After seeing some close up pictures of MMr with black, I've decided to go green.

I've seen the green in person, and I like it. Rolling the dice on black without seeing one in person is more risk than I care to take.

So team green for me now!

Marcus

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

After seeing some close up pictures of MMr with black, I've decided to go green.
I've seen the green in person, and I like it. Rolling the dice on black without seeing one in person is more risk than I care to take.
So team green for me now!
Marcus

I agree Marcus, and also made the switch from black to green after debating it for several days. All the colors look nice, but the green at the show grew on me after seeing it in person for 3 days. Maybe we are channeling our inner Martian!

#96 7 years ago

Amazing how the green has made such a remarkable comeback after seemingly everyone hated it!

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Amazing how the green has made such a remarkable comeback after seemingly everyone hated it!

Knee jerk reactions have a tendency to course correct after some solid thinking time.

Marcus

#98 7 years ago

46 Green
74 Black
16 Stainless

Still about 1.6 to 1 Black over Green.

I'm still in for Green...I want the game to look different than anything I have so far!

Robert

#99 7 years ago

well, there is pinside and then there is reality lol ... thus far 44% green, 49% black, 7% stainless ... will change over time, but this is how they are really selling ... and I will suspect that the green will grow the more people see it ... but all 3 are fit well on the game.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

46 Green
74 Black
16 Stainless
Still about 1.6 to 1 Black over Green.
I'm still in for Green...I want the game to look different than anything I have so far!
Robert

I think it has to do with the excellent work that Bryan Kelley and Chris at HEP have done in the past.
Their renditions of AFM in black were ground breaking and stunning at the time, and seem the perfect match to a lot of us.

Looking at what pinballplating.com has to offer, I imagine you can get any color under the rainbow that suits your vision of the perfect look!

Im interested if a dark red that matches the cabinet looks good. I think it would look cool though.

The game is stunning in any color you put on the armor, there really arent any bad choices here!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-what-color-afmr-le-are-you-getting/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.