(Topic ID: 184709)

Poll: What Color AFMr LE are You Getting?

By MrSanRamon

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 143 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by EricHadley
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Poll: What Color AFMr LE are You Getting?”

• Green 77 votes
    27%
  • Black 99 votes
    35%
  • Stainless 22 votes
    8%
  • Not Buying an LE 84 votes
    30%

(282 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

afm-black4 (resized).jpg
afm-black3 (resized).jpg
1mficd (resized).jpg
IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
IMG_6293 (resized).JPG
IMG_6292 (resized).JPG
IMG_6370 (resized).JPG
6873aadc243fad387b433f68d2c055fc3288d68b (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 12.02.33 PM (resized).png
Model Differences (resized).png
IMG_9150 (resized).JPG
IMG_9148 (resized).JPG
IMG_9146 (resized).JPG
IMG_9143 (resized).JPG
There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

I'm on the fence about LE color, wondering what others are getting (poll) or what they think (not buying now).

I'm actually considering green!

Thanks.

Robert
AFMr LE #34

#2 7 years ago

289 will be stainless!

#3 7 years ago

7 votes and green with 4...

#4 7 years ago

#218 will be Green

#5 7 years ago

Im getting black.

Although green is evocative of little green men etc...
And dark red for a Martian red maybe as a mod?

Personally I am colorblind so the green doesnt do it for me, but people say it looks nice in person.

#6 7 years ago

I'm hoping to get some opinions of the green, from people that have actually seen it in person.

#7 7 years ago

My receipt doesn't have a trim option or game number specified but I'm hoping mine is green. I guess it doesn't really matter though. Any of the trim options seem fine.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

My receipt doesn't have a trim option or game number specified

You get a game number if you have an MMr LE (the same number).

You get to choose color, but if you don't I suspect that default is "green".

#9 7 years ago

20 votes total...8 green, 6 black and 2 Stainless.

I would have expected stainless to be larger percentage.

#10 7 years ago

Doesn't stainless seem like a step below powder coated though? Although I get someone might not like the powder coated colors. Powder coated trim normally seems to cost about $400 extra.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Doesn't stainless seem like a step below powder coated though? Although I get someone might not like the powder coated colors. Powder coated trim normally seems to cost about $400 extra.

Stainless is a more durable, easier to fix/replace option if the game goes on route.

#12 7 years ago

When I see black, I think of a Stern pro.

#13 7 years ago

Made my Order for green. I'm in!!!

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I'm hoping to get some opinions of the green, from people that have actually seen it in person.

I'm at TPF. The green looks good, but I signed up for a black LE. There is already a lot of green on the LE with the saucer LEDs, topper LEDs, and mirror blade reflections. I'm thinking black trim might balance things out a bit and actually enhance the bright colors that are already there. Stainless would also have this effect. Artists say one way of making colors pop is by placing neutral or complimentary colors nearby. That leads the eye to the focal point, which is the playfield. It's the old cliche that if everyone is shouting no one gets heard. But there is no right or wrong answer. All 3 options look good to me.

The game is stunningly beautiful in person. The playfield LEDs are sparkling jewels. I wasn't planning on buying a game this weekend but after seeing and playing it I am in.

#15 7 years ago

It looks good on Spinal Tap's "Smell the Glove", and it looks good on every restored AFM I've ever seen. Black all the way!

#16 7 years ago

51 votes and it's close to a tie between green & black.

I'm still thinking green.

Robert

#17 7 years ago

I put my order in via pinballstar and didn't have the option of choosing a color nor have been assigned a number. The only response I've received is from PayPal. I suspect I'll get an email soon, I hope. Lol

#18 7 years ago

Here are some photos I took with my phone looking over the shoulder of others giving a rough comparison between the green and stainless. Someone in another thread mentioned that the lights on the stainless model are turned up compared to the LE, which seems accurate and makes a true comparison more difficult.

The guy in the first stainless pic was having one heck of a game! At one point he seemed to have every insert on the playfield lit. That was the first time I've seen a video mode with just the mothership, which I think he had to hit 80 times with the canon, which he successfully did. The video modes look great on the large color screen, btw.

IMG_9143 (resized).JPGIMG_9143 (resized).JPG
IMG_9146 (resized).JPGIMG_9146 (resized).JPG
IMG_9148 (resized).JPGIMG_9148 (resized).JPG
IMG_9150 (resized).JPGIMG_9150 (resized).JPG

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Here are some photos I took with my phone

Nice photos, which color did you prefer?

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Nice photos, which color did you prefer?

I chose black. But I'm not sure it really matters that much with this game. All 3 options work.

#21 7 years ago

Green looks better in person for sure. All the green on the color changing LED's in the UFO's and the whole package seem to make it work.

#22 7 years ago

How difficult is it to remove the armor on the remakes (MMr)? Are they stuck down with tape like the originals or do they come off easily like sterns? Im thinking stainless and later having a custom powder done on it

#23 7 years ago

Stuck down just like the originals

#24 7 years ago

OK, after playing this game for 3 days the Martian Green color is growing on me. I think I've changed my mind and may go with green. It is distinctive to the LE and seems to fit in nicely.

#25 7 years ago

The green looks really nice in person. It's a great package with the ships, green armor, topper and mirrors. Black would look good too, have they said if the black is like the finish on a stern or something with a nicer finish.

#26 7 years ago

Green !

#27 7 years ago

With 84 total votes, black is ahead of green 28 to 25...with stainless at 7 votes.

I'm glad green looks better in person than in the pics & video.

Robert

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

Black would look good too, have they said if the black is like the finish on a stern or something with a nicer finish.

I had the opportunity to speak with Doug extensively during the show. He was really nice and said the black will be similiar to the black they offered for MMr.

#29 7 years ago

Wow all that hate for green and it's getting a lot of votes

#30 7 years ago

In for an LE! So excited. There was some pushback from the wife but AFM being her favorite pin helped Ordered in green but the pic in the thread with the black trim has me very tempted to change

#31 7 years ago

In on an LE with green trim. I may change my mind to black. It was a difficult choice.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

In for an LE! So excited. There was some pushback from the wife but AFM being her favorite pin helped Ordered in green but the pic in the thread with the black trim has me very tempted to change

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

In on an LE with green trim. I may change my mind to black. It was a difficult choice.

There is plenty of time to make a final decision.

#33 7 years ago

L.e. 609 steel for my !!

#34 7 years ago

With 99 total votes, black is pulling ahead of green.

I'm still thinking green for me though.

Robert

#35 7 years ago

Does the premium model have the saucers that change color or is that strictly for the LE?

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Does the premium model have the saucers that change color or is that strictly for the LE?

See Chart...

Model Differences (resized).pngModel Differences (resized).png

#37 7 years ago

Yesterday I voted green, even though I had no interest in buying AFMr. I've since changed my mind, and put a deposit on a green LE. If only I could use these powers for something other than pinball purchases.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

Yesterday I voted green, even though I had no interest in buying AFMr. I've since changed my mind, and put a deposit on a green LE. If only I could use these powers for something other than pinball purchases.

To me, the green looks like it might be a nice contrast to the red's in the game, but not having seen it in person gives me some anxiety in ordering it over stainless or black. But to me Black trim looks like a Stern Pro game.

Robert

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

To me, the green looks like it might be a nice contrast to the red's in the game, but not having seen it in person gives me some anxiety in ordering it over stainless or black. But to me Black trim looks like a Stern Pro game.

I was thinking the same thing, though I did not care for the green in the original pictures. My decision to go green was based off the eye witness reports that it looks good in person and to differentiate it from standard and pro models.

#40 7 years ago

#910 red else black

#41 7 years ago

LE Black for me! No hard decision for me here. I can't wait to get this.

#42 7 years ago

LE movement going strong. I don't really see the big advantage over Premium, but I prefer stainless.

#43 7 years ago

I would have thought black but the green pulled me in and seeing how no other machine I have had it I think it will really offset the machine in my collection as something special not just another machine in the crowd

#44 7 years ago

I had a change of heart. I started out stainless and have gone martian green!

#45 7 years ago

Got my confirmation email. Chose green to remind it's the most expensive toy I ever purchased that didn't have wheels.

#46 7 years ago

Green is growing on me, but I am leaning black. I ordered my MMRLE in stainless, and originally figured I would do the same on AFM because I like the original look, but, the black looks cool

Greg

#47 7 years ago

Ordered LE with Black Trim at the Dallas show. Such a cool game. Played over 50 games over the weekend. So fun. The display, lights and topper are amazing! A fast and fun game.

#48 7 years ago

Ordered the LE in Black yesterday... such a sweet looking pin...

#49 7 years ago

Ordered le black trim.... Can't wait for delivery

#50 7 years ago

just remember guys, the black is not a high gloss black....kinda in between flat and semi gloss. Not bad, but just don't expect a glossy black.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-what-color-afmr-le-are-you-getting/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.