(Topic ID: 325238)

Poll: MSRP pricing for JJP games - TS4 going forward?

By jimwe5t

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 312 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Zablon
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What should JJP reprice MSRP for Toy Story 4 at or any future game?”

• LEs 7500 and CEs 9500 52 votes
    18%
  • LEs 6500 and CEs 8500 21 votes
    7%
  • LEs 8500 and CEs 10500 76 votes
    26%
  • LEs 10000 and CEs 12000 60 votes
    21%
  • Its a theme I wouldn’t buy 64 votes
    22%
  • Happy to pay whatever JJP charges 15 votes
    5%

(288 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8B4E398F-14D6-4940-99BB-190191ACE942.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
9536A38C-B88F-43FF-93F4-51104BD685AD.gif
1A6EF1B0-7157-451F-B138-0D26EC0F470D (resized).jpeg
You're (resized).jpeg
C8488798-8CA7-45F5-9E24-290CF7211D56 (resized).jpeg
9A7EF8FC-CCB4-450B-88C7-AC8BA178265C (resized).jpeg
9CE8D465-A215-4DEE-AC52-E4E2D6F2B7A8 (resized).jpeg
IMG20221114213726 (resized).jpg
AF0F6FFA-C09F-4A4F-B426-5CBE734FC855 (resized).jpeg
6383CE72-BC25-4C5E-AC5C-7BA958112B9E.gif
IMG_20221113_032327 (resized).jpg
49A04780-3E79-4E3A-A7DD-F65D0F6093F1 (resized).jpeg
596x397.3333333333333-789086803473.jpg
You're (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#163 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

I wonder if JJP can shift over to doing a TS4 SE at around 8k...? What could they strip from it to bring it down?

If jjp wanted to make their games cheaper , they could - not put in 100's of rgb's , move the On-Off switch to save on wiring , not have full length Playfield rails , not have a metal apron and make it out of plastic , no shaker motor , no invisiglass , no real knocker , no external volume control , use cheaper plywood , use particle board in the cabinets , don't come up with stuff like hot rails , spend less on animations , have a smaller LCD screen , don't have a metal arm to pull the LCD screen out , just have some wire to lay it on the Playfield , don't have a second LCD screen , dont have a traditional lockdown bar , don't have Bluetooth or a input jack for head phones , don't have a motion activated camera , don't give it Wi-Fi connectivity , don't have sculps and use flat Plastics .
They could take away all that stuff and technically it wouldn't change the gameplay , personally I like how they make their games .

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from superNoid:we're in a full blown recession and people are starting to hold onto money. You can't turn on the news anymore without reading about companies doing layoffs now.

If you're in a full blown recession wouldn't they be lowering interest rates instead of raising them and over here companies are begging for employees .

#167 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am sorry to say the price hikes really soured me on the hobby.

I'm legitimately looking for other ways to spend my time.

I understand if prices is now making want not to buy nib , but to say you're looking for a new hobby because of price Rises ?
You don't need a LCD screen and RGB's to have a fun game .

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Yes if we weren’t trying to combat inflation as well.

I'm no expert but a 3.7 unemployment rate doesn't seem like much of a recession to me .

IMG_20221113_032327 (resized).jpgIMG_20221113_032327 (resized).jpg

#215 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Electronics and lights doesnt cost. Led's are a dime a dozen.

It's not just the price of the lights , don't forget you have to drill the holes , add inserts , wire them up and program them .
The cost is definitely there .
GNR has 350 rgb's GZ has 13 .
Whether you think it's worth it or not , is another debate .

#217 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Is pinball now down to being good and worth it, if its just a box of programmed LED lights at $12k to $15k?
(Maybe if LED lights are someone’s thing, why not buy some programmed “Stadium” LED light package(s) for a couple hundred dollars is all and they’re fully programmable too. No holes need to be drilled either, lol.)

Of course it's down to if it's good and worth it , otherwise why bother .
Modern pinball is more than just hitting ball around for me . It's the whole package , shots , music , sounds , art , visual package on the LCD shaker motor , ect .
It's a physical , multimedia experience .
And Pinstadiums dont compare to the whole Playfield lighting up .

#218 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

The 13 GZ LEDs have purpose and tell the player where to shoot etc. 350 RBGs on GNR look cool, but serve no purpose to the player at all. In fact they just confuse the basic premise of all pinball playing, of what lights were originally designed to do, showing where to shoot the ball.

All the lights on GNR have a purpose , even the little ones in the middle show your progress for on the road .
Even when they're all going during a song , the shots you need to hit are lit totally differently and standout ..
Once you've played it a bit , its easy to see .
IMG20221114213726 (resized).jpgIMG20221114213726 (resized).jpg

#222 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Honest question - what/where in that pic am I supposed to shoot?

That's just the attract mode .

#226 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Do not engage, do not waste your time. The post you replied to is the exact type of troll post others have been talking about. They don’t make any sense and show a clear bias against JJP.
Nothing you say, even if it makes sense, will change the OP’s mind. He’s hated JJP for years.

I know , its mainly for other people who don't know the game .

#235 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

the holes are made with cnc, marginal cost at worst.
Programming is a bit of work. The cost of lights are negligible.

Also notice, so far the inflation has hit stuff as raw materials, fuel and such, so there is no reason for a hefty price increase if most of the cost is from assembly coding etc, unless you know lots of assembly line workers and programmers that have seen a 20% raise last year.

You're right , you've convinced me .
In fact , the more lights you have the cheaper the game should be because they get a better deal bulk buying the lights

#237 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Too funny, but you’re right at the same time. Buy 5 meters of RGBs at bulk price of $1.75. Whewwwww, cheap as chips as they say, lol. (Now we just need to program them, thinks JJP programmer :/)
[quoted image]

Mainly surface mounted leds these days .
Spooky uses the strips in Halloween and Ultraman and they look cheap .

1 week later
#288 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

The use of cake toppers pushed me over the edge on this one. HOW FUCKING CHEAP CAN YOU GET??!!??

Why would they design , make and get approvals when the perfect size characters already exist

#301 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I listened to a lengthy Jack interview and he did NOT say that. He said they originally had TS1-3 and then there was competition for the Wonka license such that they had to move Wonka ahead of Toy Story. Then the release date for TS4 the movie got moved up. When JJP turned attention back to TS4, Disney seemed to want to shift the license to TS4 to show the newest movie and the newest animation tech.

I heard that interview as well , jjp was pushed into a corner .
I was speaking to the Australian distributor today and he said it had been selling well but not as much as GNR .
I've watched a few YouTube videos of Chicago expo and IAPPA Florida .
One was a Chicago news segment on the expo and the reporter was happily playing Toy Story even though bond is the latest and greatest and at IAPPA they said wow Toy Story , none of them complained that it was Toy Story 4 and seemed to enjoy the game . I'm sure the price of it was more of the issue than the theme .

#303 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

There's a difference between having a contrary opinion, and spending most of your time on pinside starting threads and posting about games you hate. There are a handful of people on here who seem to be on a personal crusade of sorts. I was very disappointed in Ghostbusters, but I haven't started a dozen threads about how much GB sucks or posted 50+ times in every GB thread about how stupid everyone is that bought one. I haven't giving it a rating of 1.0 to knock the fans down a peg. That would be trollish behavior, imo.
I don't even care much for TS4 personally, but these patterns become pretty obvious if you read pinside enough.

If you're familiar with the op's previous posts , you know its not just a contrary opinion .

#305 1 year ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

With both games side by side, the gen pop don’t want to play bond. Most will look at it and say, my parents watched that or that machine looks old, cause the artwork on the translight looks old. Then they look at TS and think, I’ve watched that. Pretty… Toy Story is a theme that many can relate to = TS is a good route game and not the best collector game (unless you love TS and even then the TS4 overall theme not great) Due to cost, both op and home collector are turned off. I’m not paying 12k to route TS or even 10k for used.

Totally agree price is a massive barrier .
Younger people (non pinheads) seem to enjoy it .
Hopefully younger players will get into pinball .
Not every game has to be made for pinsiders .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hardware
Pinball Haven

Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
$ 35.00
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 16.95
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-ts4-will-sell-at?tu=screaminr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.