(Topic ID: 325238)

Poll: MSRP pricing for JJP games - TS4 going forward?

By jimwe5t

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 312 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Zablon
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What should JJP reprice MSRP for Toy Story 4 at or any future game?”

• LEs 7500 and CEs 9500 52 votes
    18%
  • LEs 6500 and CEs 8500 21 votes
    7%
  • LEs 8500 and CEs 10500 76 votes
    26%
  • LEs 10000 and CEs 12000 60 votes
    21%
  • Its a theme I wouldn’t buy 64 votes
    22%
  • Happy to pay whatever JJP charges 15 votes
    5%

(288 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8B4E398F-14D6-4940-99BB-190191ACE942.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
9536A38C-B88F-43FF-93F4-51104BD685AD.gif
1A6EF1B0-7157-451F-B138-0D26EC0F470D (resized).jpeg
You're (resized).jpeg
C8488798-8CA7-45F5-9E24-290CF7211D56 (resized).jpeg
9A7EF8FC-CCB4-450B-88C7-AC8BA178265C (resized).jpeg
9CE8D465-A215-4DEE-AC52-E4E2D6F2B7A8 (resized).jpeg
IMG20221114213726 (resized).jpg
AF0F6FFA-C09F-4A4F-B426-5CBE734FC855 (resized).jpeg
6383CE72-BC25-4C5E-AC5C-7BA958112B9E.gif
IMG_20221113_032327 (resized).jpg
49A04780-3E79-4E3A-A7DD-F65D0F6093F1 (resized).jpeg
596x397.3333333333333-789086803473.jpg
You're (resized).jpeg
There are 312 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 1 year ago

We have just witnessed Toy Story 4 sales plummeting with used prices getting lower and lower, but still not selling. Now interest is mostly gone, with TS4s sitting in distro warehouses collecting dust. At what price should JJP adjust or discount TS4, to get people buying? What price should JJP games be going forward?

#2 1 year ago

$5

#3 1 year ago

Lol, that might be just a little too low.

#4 1 year ago

I have no intention of buying one, so take this for what it's worth...but I would start thinking of buying one at around 4000

#5 1 year ago

Honestly the ship has sailed. I was all in for the theme until I found out it was TS4 and carni themed. Dont get me wrong, I love TS4, but not in the same way as the other 3 movies. And it was a price I just couldn’t stomach. Had it been the story of Woody and his transcendent trip to finally reunite with his lost love, then I might have gone for it. But not this circus act. If it came out at the same price as GnR and had 3 tiers, it would have sold much better. As it is, I find the game fun, even if some sounds are annoying, and would buy one around 7K for an LE.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I have no intention of buying one, so take this for what it's worth...but I would start thinking of buying one at around 4000

Interesting, as that pricing is around the home pin mark.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Honestly the ship has sailed. I was all in for the theme until I found out it was TS4 and carni themed. Dont get me wrong, I love TS4, but not in the same way as the other 3 movies. And it was a price I just couldn’t stomach. Had it been the story of Woody and his transcendent trip to finally reunite with his lost love, then I might have gone for it. But not this circus act. If it came out at the same price as GnR and had 3 tiers, it would have sold much better. As it is, I find the game fun, even if some sounds are annoying, and would buy one around 7K for an LE.

Interesting viewpoint for sure.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Interesting, as that pricing is around the home pin mark.

The Jurassic Park home pin is better...by a LARGE margin

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Jack Danger would agree with that.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I would agree with this. Much better value

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

I would agree with this. Much better value

JP Home Pin is a heck of a value. JD put lots of magic into that pin. My niece purchased that pin and is all giddy about how the TRex eats the ball and spits it back out. The layout JD did on that machine is excellent.

#13 1 year ago

A bit different. We are discussing what price should JJP change TS4 MSRP to, not the used game market pricing like your thread.

#14 1 year ago

MSRP pricing: There is a sweet spot buyers are willing to pay. What is that price?

#15 1 year ago

As a buyer of pinball machines and not a maker, distributor, or flipper, I want them as low as possible.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

As a buyer of pinball machines and not a maker, distributor, or flipper, I want them as low as possible.

We all do, but there is a fair price that people are willing to pay on LEs and CEs. What is that price?

#17 1 year ago

I dont see how anyone would buy Toy Story over any other available pin. Most don't care about the theme and those that do seem very disappointed and cheated. Everything about it is underwhelming, especially for a jjp pin. I think most that bought it were poor suckers that got in on it too early, before realizing how bad it was. And lot of them were probably flippers who are trying to get rid of it now at a loss or holding on to it hoping it will do a potc and gain new interest in the future. But potc is packed with toys and code and feels luxurious while Toy story is the complete opposite. It's like the jjp version of a home pin, only at prices straight from fantasy land. WHAT are they smoking over at jjp?

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from switch3:

I dont see how anyone would buy Toy Story over any other available pin. Most don't care about the theme and those that do seem very disappointed and cheated. Everything about it is underwhelming, especially for a jjp pin. I think most that bought it were poor suckers that got in on it too early, before realizing how bad it was. And lot of them were probably flippers who are trying to get rid of it now at a loss or holding on to it hoping it will do a potc and gain new interest in the future. But potc is packed with toys and code and feels luxurious while Toy story is the complete opposite. It's like the jjp version of a home pin, only at prices straight from fantasy land. WHAT are they smoking over at jjp?

Screenshot_20221106-193159 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221106-193159 (resized).png
#19 1 year ago

Has a license ever been so mishandled as what JJP did with Toy Story?

Even if one has, hopefully it wasn't priced so nuts....

I know Beatles was crazy expensive, but I think they had no choice but to go with early Beatles? (as part of the license restriction)

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

I know Beatles was crazy expensive, but I think they had no choice but to go with early Beatles? It was part of the license restriction?

Now there is an interesting comparison. Someone should do a poll - if priced the same, would you buy Beatles or Toy Story? Personally, I'd buy the Beatles. At 9k before I put 9k on TS, and I've played a fair bit of both.

#22 1 year ago

I think in regards to what they put in the game, they should sell it at 7K.
If the same effort and stuff in it as pirates or woz, then they can sell at 10.5K

#23 1 year ago

If Pinside ran JJP they’d be tits up in a month.

But they’d sell a lot of $7,000 Toy Story games first!

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from switch3:

You make some very good points indeed!

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think they are well on their way without our assistance.

#26 1 year ago

I’d probably would be in for one at $9k

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not the case at all. What you would see is a company that is passionate about their product, which is competitively priced, that resonates with the general buying public.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I care about JJP’s viability about as much as they care about my ability to pay my mortgage. Build good machines that people want to buy at the right price or fold. Create a vacuum for someone else to give pinball a go. Or not. Doesn’t really matter. There are a lot of options in pinball right now.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If they keep trying to sell 5k worth of stuff for 12k, they will also be tits up. We are trying to figure out a happy medium for everyone.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

I know Beatles was crazy expensive, but I think they had no choice but to go with early Beatles? (as part of the license restriction)

Lethal Weapon 3? Kind of kidding as games weren’t sold for near as much or to home buyers back then but…
It’s a fun shooting game, rules are pretty good for 1992 being able to stack Uzi modes, movie scenes, multiball jackpots and various hurry ups all at once.
This game was a hard sell for a long time on the second hand market and only recently became more appreciated. I think a big part of that is the big 3 on the translite. The game actually uses stuff from all 3 movies, but if it would have been themed to the original that everyone liked better I don’t think it would have taken so long.
Also, same layout but themed to Die Hard and it would probably be as sought after as Terminator 2.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from Cleanroom:

Not the case at all. What you would see is a company that is passionate about their product, which is competitively priced, that resonates with the general buying public.

This says a great deal about the pinball fans here on pinside. Many really do have very good ideas and especially a handle on where pricing should be. JJP and Stern should listen.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I care about JJP’s viability about as much as they care about my ability to pay my mortgage. Build good machines that people want to buy at the right price or fold. Create a vacuum for someone else to give pinball a go. Or not. Doesn’t really matter. There are a lot of options in pinball right now.

Competition is such a good thing. Stern are you listening to this thread and the blunder you’ve also made pricing premiums and especially LEs out of the stratosphere? Nearly but not quite as bad as JJP has done on their LEs and CEs???

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I agree jp home pin is super fun

#34 1 year ago

Other than CGC cutting price on AFM has any modern manufacturer cut prices on pins?

#35 1 year ago

They are delusional at a 12k price point. Certainly is a marketing blunder for them.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Other than CGC cutting price on AFM has any modern manufacturer cut prices on pins?

JJP has backed themselves into a corner by getting so worried and greedy about the tiny amount of scalpers that so few people purchased from anyway. A price cut might be the only way to salvage their sales. Law of supply and demand. When there is no demand, prices have to lower to achieve demand again.

#37 1 year ago

I put in a deposit on launch day, I’ve yet to pay in full, I’m so disappointed. I may not follow through with the purchase and let it go. Wish I could get my deposit back

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I put in a deposit on launch day, I’ve yet to pay in full, I’m so disappointed. I may not follow through with the purchase and let it go. Wish I could get my deposit back

Have you played it? I think it is fun…. But a bit iverpriced

#39 1 year ago

As Jack reminded us years ago:

“If you ain’t broke, it ain’t pinball.”

#40 1 year ago

$12k CE
$9500 LE

I really think Bond LE is a flop as well. I’ve had several offer me one for no mark-up and I gladly passed. Maybe a Keith pin could pull $13k but I’m not seeing that for Bond. But Lonnie on rules, uninspired layout with rockey ship area not feeling that price.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Wonka dropped to 7500 I believe.

Edit: Stern is a little trickier with "Street price" but MSRP dropped after 2017 for for a couple years..."technically."

#42 1 year ago

IDK, the game blow chunks, so for me to get one it would have to be pretty cheap. 5k I might think about it. maybe. nah IDK

#43 1 year ago

I played TS4 at Expo and I haven't been that bored playing a pinball machine since Star Wars Ep 1. I'm sure it would be a little better in a nicer environment but, boy oh boy was it a snoozer. Jump ramp wasn't even cool. It would be nice as maybe a secondary toy or something, I guess, but main centerpiece? No way!

#44 1 year ago

I wonder if JJP can shift over to doing a TS4 SE at around 8k...? What could they strip from it to bring it down?

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

I wonder if JJP can shift over to doing a TS4 SE at around 8k...? What could they strip from it to bring it down?

Strip away the ego and they realize it’s an $8500-9500 standard at best

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Strip away the ego and they realize it’s an $8500-9500 standard at best

They tell us that they didn't make an SE model, and I think the didn't make a CE, but someone up top forgot to tell the pricing team.

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

.. I haven't been that bored playing a pinball machine since Star Wars Ep 1.

Dammmmn that's dirty!

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Not much there to remove. Leave armor without paint. Take out the giant ipad screen in the back. Remove Gabby head. Jump ramp can’t cost much. Leave out cake decorators….Hmmm, you’re right, not much to take out.

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wonka dropped to 7500 I believe.
Edit: Stern is a little trickier with "Street price" but MSRP dropped after 2017 for for a couple years..."technically."

So that’s how JJP finally moved Wonka’s. Same way they finally moved Hobbit’s.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

So that’s how JJP finally moved Wonka’s. Same way they finally moved Hobbit’s.

That was that price on release.
I believe Hobbit was Pre-order priced @ $6500, then 7k at release?
DI was 8k, Wonka 7.5.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.95
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kennebunkport, ME
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 312 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-ts4-will-sell-at?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.