(Topic ID: 325238)

Poll: MSRP pricing for JJP games - TS4 going forward?

By jimwe5t

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 312 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Zablon
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What should JJP reprice MSRP for Toy Story 4 at or any future game?”

• LEs 7500 and CEs 9500 52 votes
    18%
  • LEs 6500 and CEs 8500 21 votes
    7%
  • LEs 8500 and CEs 10500 76 votes
    26%
  • LEs 10000 and CEs 12000 60 votes
    21%
  • Its a theme I wouldn’t buy 64 votes
    22%
  • Happy to pay whatever JJP charges 15 votes
    5%

(288 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8B4E398F-14D6-4940-99BB-190191ACE942.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
9536A38C-B88F-43FF-93F4-51104BD685AD.gif
1A6EF1B0-7157-451F-B138-0D26EC0F470D (resized).jpeg
You're (resized).jpeg
C8488798-8CA7-45F5-9E24-290CF7211D56 (resized).jpeg
9A7EF8FC-CCB4-450B-88C7-AC8BA178265C (resized).jpeg
9CE8D465-A215-4DEE-AC52-E4E2D6F2B7A8 (resized).jpeg
IMG20221114213726 (resized).jpg
AF0F6FFA-C09F-4A4F-B426-5CBE734FC855 (resized).jpeg
6383CE72-BC25-4C5E-AC5C-7BA958112B9E.gif
IMG_20221113_032327 (resized).jpg
49A04780-3E79-4E3A-A7DD-F65D0F6093F1 (resized).jpeg
596x397.3333333333333-789086803473.jpg
You're (resized).jpeg
There are 312 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If that is true they need to evaluate their long term viability.

If that's true I can mark my wallet safe from new pinball prices for the next year or so.

#252 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

I just talked to JJP the price reflects mostly cost parts and materials. Stern told me the same. I'm at iaapa. JJP said 4 0r 5 things to me that triple to 5x in price from what they were before. Next machine will be ready by early next year they are hoping.

And you believed them? LOL

#253 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

And you believed them? LOL

Look at the prices of everything you buy. Do you buy food at the grocery stores or even gas? When is the last time you Looked at wood prices at big box stores. 8 feet long 2x4s went from $2.50 to as high as $16 went down somewhere between $8 or $9. You and every other bleep tards need to stop being little bleeps about the prices. Get out of the game if you can't afford it.

#254 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Look at the prices of everything you buy. Do you buy food at the grocery stores or even gas? When is the last time you Looked at wood prices at big box stores. 8 feet long 2x4s went from $2.50 to as high as $16 went down somewhere between $8 or $9. You and every other bleep tards need to stop being little bleeps about the prices. Get out of the game if you can't afford it.

Relax, I'm sure this isn't the first time you were lied to.

#255 1 year ago

#256 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Get out of the game if you can't afford it.

It’s not about being able to afford it. It’s about it not being worth it any more at these prices.

A burger might range from $1 to $10. Maybe $25 for a really good one. But would you buy one for $50? No.

Things have a price ceiling.

Pinball has hit that for me.

#257 1 year ago

You never ran a business when inflation went up as high as it did in the last 2 years. If you are saying employees pinball manufacturers are lying. That hurts the integrity of the company. Cgc is probably going to be losing money from the inflation of parts. Comet went up 5% on most of there LEDs and now it's 150 for free shipping. Are they greedy? Iook at the gas dmds are now 500 used to be 200 to 225. I'm surprised color dmd didn't go up to 600 instead of what they did. Your not the first person that failed economics on here

#258 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Your not the first person that failed economics on here

You're (resized).jpegYou're (resized).jpeg
#259 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

You never ran a business when inflation went up as high as it did in the last 2 years. If you are saying employees pinball manufacturers are lying. That hurts the integrity of the company. Cgc is probably going to be losing money from the inflation of parts. Comet went up 5% on most of there LEDs and now it's 150 for free shipping. Are they greedy? Iook at the gas dmds are now 500 used to be 200 to 225. I'm surprised color dmd didn't go up to 600 instead of what they did. Your not the first person that failed economics on here

Bro I told you to relax!

#260 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

Rinse and repeat

#261 1 year ago

Bro I told you to relax!

Surprisingly coming from a guy with a pinside business called Cool J

#262 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Rinse and repeat

It’s really not hard to understand.

Your - used for possession. Your pins suck. Your grammar is atrocious. Etc.

You’re - you are. You’re bad at typing. Etc.

#263 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It’s really not hard to understand.
Your - used for possession. Your pins suck. Your grammar is atrocious. Etc.
You’re - you are. You’re bad at typing. Etc.

People also seem to struggle with loser/looser for some reason

#264 1 year ago

Where did our boy Jimmy the OP go?

#265 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Where did our boy Jimmy the OP go?

To pick up his NIB TS4

#266 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

To pick up his NIB TS4

Lol.

“Loser”.

#267 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

People also seem to struggle with loser/looser for some reason

Stern did with Spider-Man. “You Ooze, You Loose.” Still can’t believe they didn’t print a corrected decal for that.

#268 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stern did with Spider-Man. “You Ooze, You Loose.” Still can’t believe they didn’t print a corrected decal for that.

That would drive me crazy looking at that.

#269 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

And they ran that game for nearly 5 years. Baffling.

#270 1 year ago

Dollar Tree mod

1A6EF1B0-7157-451F-B138-0D26EC0F470D (resized).jpeg1A6EF1B0-7157-451F-B138-0D26EC0F470D (resized).jpeg
#271 1 year ago

They price them where they need to price them to earn a profit and not only stay in business, but continue to develop their business. And their business is just that, their business. So much complaining about their pricing! What happened to the times when if something was too much, you didn’t buy it. Now what, we need to get the government involved here? Start a poll? Form a Union? What nonsense.

#272 1 year ago

Thiiiirrrrttyyyyyyyy miiiiiillllllliiiiooooonnnnnn

#273 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

I know that some of you don't like to be called names. Sorry I got a little carried away. But the price increases might also be use to help distributors to make more too. The crash is going to happen. The used market is getting out of hand. I will know soon. I will be able to apply to be a dealer and get approved with stern, JJP and AP.

#274 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

The crash is going to happen.

Yup. The crash always happens!

#275 1 year ago

The use of cake toppers pushed me over the edge on this one. HOW FUCKING CHEAP CAN YOU GET??!!??

#276 1 year ago
Quoted from ryank11379:

They price them where they need to price them to earn a profit and not only stay in business, but continue to develop their business. And their business is just that, their business. So much complaining about their pricing! What happened to the times when if something was too much, you didn’t buy it. Now what, we need to get the government involved here? Start a poll? Form a Union? What nonsense.

These things always feel pretty empty when they come from someone with 300k in pinball machines.

The problem is going to be that if they need 12-15K to make a profit there are not going to be enough buyers for then make enough games to make said profit. So, they are either going to have to change their approach dramatically or their business is no longer going to be viable. JJP and stern have both reached beyond what their main buyer base will pay. Stern might have found enough buyers for Bond but Venom isn't moving at that price just like TS4 isn't moving. If what you claim is true and they needed these giant price increases to be profitable they are pretty much doomed. Because now their buyers can afford less games and they are going to in return make less money due to decreased sales. You can only push your buyer base so far before they find something else to spend their money on. There are tons of us that can afford them but are not buying them anymore, myself included.

#277 1 year ago

Potc were not moving for JJP. Now everyone wants one. TS4 is a good route pin and a great family pin. JJP says the next title might have a SE. I told them that amusement places and barcades etc were shutdown in 2020. Is the reason why SEs were not selling with GNR. They said that makes sense. Disney is not cheap to work with and is hard to get things approved. Topper and other stuff for ts4 is coming soon.

#278 1 year ago

maybe it'll be a cake topper topper

#279 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

maybe it'll be a cake topper topper

They look better than the Barney on crack godzilla that stern made and selling for $100.

#280 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

I told them that amusement places and barcades etc were shutdown in 2020. Is the reason why SEs were not selling with GNR.

I disagree. I think it didn't sell because it was weak compared to the incredible LE/CE.

#281 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I disagree. I think it didn't sell because it was weak compared to the incredible LE/CE.

I'm an operator and I was tempted to get a se for one of my locations until the price moved from 6750 to 7500. Pro for stern stands for pinball route operators. JJP needs to do the same

#282 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

I'm an operator and I was tempted to get a se for one of my locations until the price moved from 6750 to 7500. Pro for stern stands for pinball route operators. JJP needs to do the same

Even Stern Pros cost too much these days. Pinball is quickly becoming a hobby for the rich.

#283 1 year ago

Make your own games people! It's way cheaper.

#284 1 year ago

Most of us dont have the mad skills you do!

#285 1 year ago

Designer has to get paid. Artist has to get paid. Programmer has to get paid. Licensor has to approve of the art and the Programming and parts of the layout(how much gets rejected before it gets approved?). Light bill is not cheap because of machinery. Fork lift drivers get paid decently. I can go on and on about overhead. And how many machines get forked by the forklift? Which goes under as loss product. Rent on the building or payment. We don't know the full list of overhead it takes.

#286 1 year ago

Is Jimmy the OP still on his road trip to pick up his TS4? Hasn’t chimed in again?

#287 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

The one thing they can't blame on material costs is how they mishandled the license. If they had done a pin of Toy Story 1-3. it's like printing money. That same jump ramp becoming Buzz Lightyear's "To Infinity and Beyond" take-off is such a slam dunk, it's nuts. When we played it at Ayce Gogi a while back, my pal actually asked who the motorcycle toy was - and I know he had seen Toy Story 4. That's how unmemorable that character was.

They usually don't get to decide what assets they get. Those are given to them and it's a give and take. They weren't given or even offered TS 1-3. They worked with what they were allowed to.

So, they didn't mishandle anything in the way that you mean.

#288 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

The use of cake toppers pushed me over the edge on this one. HOW FUCKING CHEAP CAN YOU GET??!!??

Why would they design , make and get approvals when the perfect size characters already exist

#289 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

They usually don't get to decide what assets they get. Those are given to them and it's a give and take. They weren't given or even offered TS 1-3. They worked with what they were allowed to.

They absolutely did. They chose to make a game for a license that wasn't what people wanted. Would be the equivalent of Stern releasing another Indiana Jones and it being The Crystal Skull. All of this is 100% in their control. If they choose a crappie license with limited assets that is 100% on them.

#290 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Why would they design , make and get approvals when the perfect size characters already exist

Because $12,000.00
if the game was $5000, ok cake toppers.
12k, that should require some effort

#291 1 year ago

Speaking of which , how about making a second Dbz and E.T and selling me them
. How much are we talking for Just the Dbz. ?
Will you market these in the future even if not completely finished. As is I would take either. The Dbz though is more desirable for me. And would love to finish it up .I know I told you already but super Awesome work on them both.
If available somehow let me know as I am totally serious .

#292 1 year ago

I want to buy a real Rolex for $100
I want to buy a new Porsche for $20k
I want to buy a prime fillet steak for $5

That’s not reality lol.

#293 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is Jimmy the OP still on his road trip to pick up his TS4? Hasn’t chimed in again?

The truth has finally been revealed. This a troll thread pure and simple.

9536A38C-B88F-43FF-93F4-51104BD685AD.gif9536A38C-B88F-43FF-93F4-51104BD685AD.gif

#294 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

You wrote that as if saying "no thanks" and walking from a weak license isn't an option.

#295 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't think that was ever a question.

#296 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Actually jack is on record saying they had ts 1-3 originally, and could have done that, but was later offered ts4 and chose that one with the new movie coming. It was an obvious mistake!

#297 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#298 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

Contrary opinions do not equal trolling.

In other news, water remains wet...

#299 1 year ago

new vehicles have increased by as high as 30% in the past 5 years. Potc le was 10k 5 years ago ts4 le is 12k that is a 20% increase. If you don't want to buy a new machine go play one on location and help out your local operator. Hope they have it setup properly and fine tuned. I do my best to make it fun to play my machines. People tell me that I have the best playing machines in Vegas and I don't know how to take it. I'm not sure about that.

#300 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Actually jack is on record saying they had ts 1-3 originally, and could have done that, but was later offered ts4 and chose that one with the new movie coming. It was an obvious mistake!

I listened to a lengthy Jack interview and he did NOT say that. He said they originally had TS1-3 and then there was competition for the Wonka license such that they had to move Wonka ahead of Toy Story. Then the release date for TS4 the movie got moved up. When JJP turned attention back to TS4, Disney seemed to want to shift the license to TS4 to show the newest movie and the newest animation tech.

For me and my family, we love the TS franchise and this game plays like a Toy Story carnival adventure. It has elements of the Toy Story Midway Mania ride at Disney which is incredibly fun if you have never tried it. I have owned all JJP Lawlors and for me this one has the best combo of fun factor, theme connectivity with the family and smooth shots. It sits next to Wonka, Godzilla, Deadpool and Rick and Morty in my home. It gets played the most of these machines by my family and by visitors.

You can certainly argue that JJP should have dumped the license/burned a bridge with Pixar when there was pressure to use only TS4. But if this game actually turns out to be anything from a reasonable success to a hit (I would think 1,000 CE and 2,500 plus LEs is a hit) imagine when they go to Pixar for another mega license? JJP could reject Monsters INC 3 because they would have pages and pages of pinsiders wailing over the exclusive use of TS4 as opposed to the full library. In fact, JJP would have this argument on any license going forward. I’ll bet they will learn the lesson but I would also bet they are ultimately happy with the economic success of this title.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 16.95
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
$ 35.00
Wanted
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

There are 312 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-ts4-will-sell-at/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.