(Topic ID: 77873)

Stern Pinball code release protest. Not enough communication. Lack of faith.

By erak

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Roostking
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How to you feel about Stern and the info given to customers?”

• Dont care as long as new games keep coming. 45 votes
    18%
  • Not enough, tired of being in the dark. 76 votes
    31%
  • Things are fine, the information given is enough. 29 votes
    12%
  • I will not buy another Stern until they change their ways. 98 votes
    40%

(248 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

popcorn-sock-1.gif
image-722.jpg
image-979.jpg
image-500.jpg
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Stern is not a start up "new company" that is to be expected from a company just starting out.
Stern has the know how, manpower etc. If they can release 3 games a year, surely they could give an estimated by quarter announcement. Or at least frequent comments to how thing are going on game in production. Instead of nothing.

#52 10 years ago

Stern is run like a B2B company. Their customers are their distributors and ops. That is the way the pinball business has been since it started. They are now targeting the collector market with their LE/Premium versions, and I agree that they should take a look at their patterns of communication and possibly change them to suit that market more.

However, change can come slowly when you are talking about business practices decades old. I for one can forgive them a lot as long as they keep releasing updates for machines until they are solid. I don't need to be given every detail about how/when they are going to get there.

#53 10 years ago

It's a given new games will get updates periodically, what would the point of being given an obvious X quarter be? If jjp's travels haven't proven it rather obviously it's worse to set a date and miss it than it is to keep quiet until you're ready. When 'ready' will be is not a finite science keeping in mind that stern is not microsoft with thousands of programmers.. it's a small group pushing out 3 games a year.

#54 10 years ago

popcorn-sock-1.gifpopcorn-sock-1.gif

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Question is, can a METLE be had for MSRP now, or especially after the code drop? To some, price doesnt matter and thats cool, which means you can wait it out.

Good point. But I am not interested in LEs anyway (disclaimer: I love METLE, would not mind having that one in my lineup). For each model, I would wait long enough to decide if the Pro or Premium is the way to go.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from gamestencils:

It's a given new games will get updates periodically, what would the point of being given an obvious X quarter be? If jjp's travels haven't proven it rather obviously it's worse to set a date and miss it than it is to keep quiet until you're ready. When 'ready' will be is not a finite science keeping in mind that stern is not microsoft with thousands of programmers.. it's a small group pushing out 3 games a year.

It would let customers know that their game that might be listed as out of production would still be worked on to make it finished and satisfy buyers. Eg. X-men.

No information on if it was still being worked on, until an update was released.
Customers left in the dark prior to that. And retailers ( at least here in Canada) liquidating LE's for close to the cost of a pro due to poor sales due to code/game issues.

I also think any current metallica owner would jump at the chance to know when they can actually expect the coming update. How many months has it been? Now a vote on songs announced. When the vote is done how long till it is implemented?

#57 10 years ago

His psycho what?

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

His psycho what?

Ramblings! As in:" thank you death_gamer, for your psycho ramblings"! Thanks for the grammatical reminder lol.

#59 10 years ago

Tip: if by the 2nd page of your rant -you still have more than half the posts... then.... its just a rant.

You dont need a poll to fix this issue. Polls mean absolutely jack squat to the manufacturers.

As long as the lemmings flock to their distros and FIGHT over LE preorders before games are even built- the manufacturers will crank out quantity over quality... whether its Stern or JJP.

Learn the discipline to buy whats ALREADY WORKING and complete or prepare for continues disappointment.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I also think any current Metallica owner would jump at the chance to know when they can actually expect the coming update. How many months has it been? Now a vote on songs announced. When the vote is done how long till it is implemented?

Try reading. Metallica's website says Voting ends March 3rd. Winner announced March 4th. Update will be released a few days later (probably next Friday)

#61 10 years ago

Im a terrible player, first pin in METLE, so ya I want new code, but still cant complete Search and Destroy every game, so im not going to cry cause its not out.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Try reading. Metallica's website says Voting ends March 3rd. Winner announced March 4th. Update will be released a few days later (probably next Friday)

Good luck, hope it happens. My guess more like a couple of weeks later. But not like Stern would let you know a date or anything.

#63 10 years ago

Nevermind. Pointless to argue lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-started-in-protest-to-sterns-lack-of-information/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.