(Topic ID: 76463)

Poll: ST Prem+Met Prem or AC/DC Prem plus Met LE?

By NJGecko

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dmesserly
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Next additions”

• ST Prem + Met Prem 18 votes
    44%
  • AC/DC Prem + Met LE 23 votes
    56%

(41 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

Yep. Pondering. I have two new Sterns on my table and here are my thoughts...

I can get a ST Prem and a Met Prem.
I can get an AC/DC Prem and a MetLE.

Thoughts?

#2 10 years ago

choice #2....because I want an ACDC myself

#3 10 years ago

I find it really hard to justify the extra grand or so for a MetLE over a Prem since it's identical gameplay and pretty much just paying for pretty backglass, artwork, and powdercoat, but it just looks so damn cool...

#4 10 years ago

I'd vote ST LE + AC/DC Prem

...but it's not an option

#5 10 years ago

Nope...ST LE is too much $$ for me....plus I really dig Met...

#6 10 years ago

Or maybe one more option...
Maybe an MetLE plus the ST Prem....

#7 10 years ago

Get the ST Premium, and a few weeks later, when you're ready to dump it, maybe I'll trade you my ACDC prem.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Im with this option.

Dmess is a smart dude!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Get the ST Premium, and a few weeks later, when you're ready to dump it, maybe I'll trade you my ACDC prem.

Thanks Nelson...I see how you work

#10 10 years ago

Just a side note, beautiful job on your basement!!! I enjoyed the thread and the transformation! You don't have it as a choice but I'd go ST premium and AC/ DC premium. Of the choices listed I'd go ST premium and MET premium. Star Trek is the best Stern game I have played to date.

#11 10 years ago

If I was in your position?

I'd buy the Star Trek Premium now (great game even with current code, I imagine it's only going to get better). Play it and enjoy it.

While you're enjoying you can wait out the Metallica code. It's really close, and then you could decide if it was for you or if you'd rather have AC/DC. With a new pin to play while you wait it wouldn't be too bad.

#12 10 years ago

The only one of the three that has code near completion is ACDC so I would only consider that for now and wait and see if the code updates to MET and ST actually occur and are adequate.

#13 10 years ago

I would go for STLE and ACDC premium.

#14 10 years ago

I can't do ST LE Actually I could, but then nothing else..and the wife specifically mandated a Metallica And I want better than the Pro.

OK..so let me toss out one more option...
ST LE plus Met Prem....might be able to swing that...

#15 10 years ago

St pro and met pro rock and you could still get the acdc prem.

#16 10 years ago

Nah. Had a Met Pro, selling it.

I think I'm going to jump on the MetLE (it would be my first LE).
Just need to go down to Modern Pinball and spend more time on AC/DC and ST and see....

I could maybe get a Luci....

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I can't do ST LE Actually I could, but then nothing else..and the wife specifically mandated a Metallica And I want better than the Pro.

OK..so let me toss out one more option...
ST LE plus Met Prem....might be able to swing that...

Go this route! ST LE is fantastic!!!

#18 10 years ago

Easy one;

ACDC Prem > St Prem
Met LE > Met Prem

No brainer

#19 10 years ago

STLE is cooler from an LE standpoint than Metallica. If you want an LE.

#20 10 years ago

Id say the difference between a ST LE-Prem is much bigger than Met LE-Prem...agreed?

The side rails alone for STLE make it worth it (to me)

edit----STLE and Luci is where I hope to be sooner than later, unless MMr hops STLE on my want list....

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Id say the difference between a ST LE-Prem is much bigger than Met LE-Prem...agreed?
The side rails alone for STLE make it worth it (to me)
edit----STLE and Luci is where I hope to be sooner than later, unless MMr hops STLE on my want list....

Yes and no. The differences still are cosmetic. Gameplay is the same between the Prem and LEs. It's different artwork on the cabinet, effects, things like that.

I "maybe" could swing the ST LE and Met Prem....

#22 10 years ago

Luci & Met Le, 2 staples of a proper pinball diet.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

I agree! Say pass on the Met and go for the ST LE. AC/DC Premium is the bomb.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

^^^^^^^^
well said

#25 10 years ago

ST LE + AC/DC Prem or ST Pre + AC/DC Pre. Played a lot Metallica, code needs huge update... but even with a update i still wouldnt buy it over ST or AC/DC. Cant really recommend Metallica at all right now... not sure a update will help.

#26 10 years ago

Man you guys are a tough crowd
I WILL have a Met...I have one now and am going to have another

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Thanks Nelson...I see how you work

And I've seen how you blow through games

Of course, then you want them back again, so at that point I can trade you for MET or whatever's out of favor at the Gecko household that month.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

That's what I just did myself.

#29 10 years ago

I have a METLE and really love the cab artwork and backglass. Though I can't speak as to whether it's worth the extra cost over the premium, I'm glad I went the LE route on this one -- especially if new code rocks. You're welcome to swing by and check it out if you're on the LE fence.

#30 10 years ago

If you must have a Metallica i think the Metallica Road Case Premium looks best.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

^ This ^
STLE & Luci would be the prudent thing to do here.

#32 10 years ago

I just can't make myself love AC/DC. I've spent time on it and it's just not there for me. I love the music, but the game for me is just meh. I'm debating if I should get one and maybe spend the time with it and really learn it...

#33 10 years ago

How about
Star Trek Premium - saves you cash - unless you are really into the side rails get the LE
Metallica Premium - saves you cash over the LE and get the Dirty Donny edition
AC/DC Lucci

And poof you get three

#34 10 years ago

You can swing by my place and play a st pre

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I just can't make myself love AC/DC. I've spent time on it and it's just not there for me. I love the music, but the game for me is just meh. I'm debating if I should get one and maybe spend the time with it and really learn it...

Don't buy a game you don't love. Plenty of people don't love AC/DC, it's not some magically universal "best game ever". For some people it is! Great, happy for them. But doesn't mean you have to be one of them.

Get the METLE, it's obvious you want it. I think the cabinet looks great, and the mirrored backglass is of course always sweet.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Quoted from Aurich:

Don't buy a game you don't love. Plenty of people don't love AC/DC, it's not some magically universal "best game ever". For some people it is! Great, happy for them. But doesn't mean you have to be one of them.
Get the METLE, it's obvious you want it. I think the cabinet looks great, and the mirrored backglass is of course always sweet.

You've answered your own question if you don't like ACDC.

However, I suggest this:
If Met is a given, find a good deal on a HUO ACDC and try it for awhile. You probably won't lose much in the resale and you can then pick up ST. By then, hopefully, Stern will have updated the ST code to flesh out the pin.

My reasoning for recommending ST over Met is a preference for the layout, art, and lighting. Software is a tossup (both standard Stern unfinished code) but my uneducated, outsider opinion is that ST has a better shot at further code updates.

My recommendation is that under no circumstances do you buy NIB Met or ST at this point because of uncertainty over code. Recent experience shows lack of code support equals falling prices.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-st-premmet-prem-or-acdc-prem-plus-met-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.