(Topic ID: 234192)

Poll: Should Stern consider a Beach Boys retheme with Beatles?

By pinmister

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Poll: Should Stern consider a Beach Boys retheme with Beatles?”

• Yes, I am interested in an affordable 1964 Beach Boys re-theme using Beatles layout. 17 votes
      21%
    • No, I am not interested in a 1964 Beach Boys re-theme 43 votes
      52%
    • I like Pizza 22 votes
      27%

(82 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

yacht-rock-definition (resized).jpeg
    Never say never.jpg
    WWOD.png
    stamos (resized).jpg
    15479891560703498733287729033713 (resized).jpg
    Do it.jpg
    #1 5 years ago

I love the Beach Boys and would love to see Stern do a re-theme with the Beatles machine. It would be a perfect re-theme with Beach Boys of 1964. I am sure the licensing would be reasonable compared to the Beatles and Stern could pass those savings down to the customer? At a reasonable price point, I would be all over a Beach Boys pinball re-theme for 1964 using Beatles layout.

What you say?

#2 5 years ago

Sure, they’ll call it “Whoa Nelly, Big Juicy Beach Boys”

#3 5 years ago

They can lure people in with a free box of Depends with any purchase.

#4 5 years ago

I'd rather see the Bee Gees, but I love the Beach Boys as well.

#5 5 years ago

No, I'm a fan of the Beach Boys, but not every band needs a pinball machine.

#6 5 years ago

right after the Rihanna pin!

#7 5 years ago

Surprisingly I really enjoyed playing the Beatles machine.

#8 5 years ago

What amazes me is how acceptable the Beatles as a Seawitch reboot is as a new game. Does Stern really lack that much creativity that they cannot design a new single level game? Scott Danesi did it, Team Pinball did it, and now there is Tokyo Drift out there. That is not to mention all the home brew and VPX original games out there. 8K for a single level re-skin and this is felt to be good for pinball?

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

What amazes me is how acceptable the Beatles as a Seawitch reboot is as a new game

I thought the same thing, and then I got a chance to play it. It is simplistic-yet fun. The magnet,spinning disc, and altered layout make it feel like a hybrid(mix of classic with modern elements).

#10 5 years ago

I have no issue with being simple and single level. That's why I love my EM and Tomcat. But it is the laziness of Stern along with a high price. The Beatles, arguably the greatest band in history, deserved and original layout.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

What amazes me is how acceptable the Beatles as a Seawitch reboot is as a new game. Does Stern really lack that much creativity that they cannot design a new single level game? Scott Danesi did it, Team Pinball did it, and now there is Tokyo Drift out there. That is not to mention all the home brew and VPX original games out there. 8K for a single level re-skin and this is felt to be good for pinball?

Agree. People can say how much fun Beatles is (I'm sure it is) but there's no way I would pay $8k for it. The value just isn't there in my opinion.

The equivalent would be Stern doing Munsters and using a Beatles playfield design for it yet still charging $8k. Would people rather have Seawitch Munsters or what Stern actually came out with? I think everyone would pick option #2.

#12 5 years ago

If Beatles was $5000-$5500 I would buy one today. I was told the reason for high pricing was because of the high licensing cost. The Beach Boys licensing should be way cheaper compared to Beatles.

#13 5 years ago

Wow-No love for the 'Boys' ?

Meanwhile everyone in the geriatric ward are eating up Munsters-what gives?

#14 5 years ago

How about a Seawitch Reborn, no DMD, for $4k?

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from JoshPA:

How about a Seawitch Reborn, no DMD, for $4k?

Do it.jpgDo it.jpg
    #16 5 years ago

I basically want a cheaper version of this game. I really enjoyed the Beatles music playing-it had me tapping my toes, the same would go for Beach Boys- love their tunes-they are timeless.

#17 5 years ago

Makes sense to me.
    Wonder what Odin thinks?

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

I have no issue with being simple and single level. That's why I love my EM and Tomcat. But it is the laziness of Stern along with a high price. The Beatles, arguably the greatest band in history, deserved and original layout.

I don't think its laziness, I think its....Lets try to recoupe some of our money back that we lost to have to pay this ridiculous licensing. beatles shit is outrageous, just ask Michael Jackson...…….oh, nevermind.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Wonder what Odin thinks?

Odin would approve, being from Southern California-Beach Boys is in his blood.

#20 5 years ago

Seems like everyone is still soured by the whole Beatles debacle, I do think people should have an opportunity to purchase this design without breaking the bank. C'mon Stern make it so

#21 5 years ago

Or...just play any early SS game or any EM game with the Beach Boys on your bluetooth speaker. Works for me!

15479891560703498733287729033713 (resized).jpg15479891560703498733287729033713 (resized).jpg

#22 5 years ago

JOHN STAMOS WIZARD MODE!

stamos (resized).jpgstamos (resized).jpg
    #23 5 years ago

Stern will not compete against themselves, and Beatles will probably take some time to sell out with all the distributors. I know my idea is probably a pipe dream, but it would be cool to have a Beach Boys pinball machine. Wishful thoughts I guess.

#24 5 years ago

WWODD

#26 5 years ago

Do you people realize that as much work went into designing the Beatles playfield as coming up with a "new" design? I mean, judging from the poorly-thought out statements I see I can assume not.

Do you think they just pulled the CAD file out of storage? Or scanned in a Seawitch?

No. The Cad file was lost. And hadn't been invented in 1979. And significant changes were made in geometry.

Trust me, nobody is more tired of this moronic argument than I. But I'll still pop in once a month out of habit.

Also, why are you calling the only pinball company that releases 5 games a year "lazy?"

That don't make no sense.

#27 5 years ago

Hm. If a theme aimed at 70 year old women isn't selling well, how will one at aimed at 80 do better?

Math doesn't check out.

#28 5 years ago

Fuckin thread derailers Jesus fuck let's have a 1964 Beach Boys too.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Fuckin thread derailers Jesus fuck let's have a 1964 Beach Boys too

Amen Brother!

Beach Boys are old but their music is timeless and the majority of today's music is not timeless and is crap compared to the older generations music. I suggested Beach Boys because I feel it would fit the older style Seawitch(Beatles)layout well. Bring on Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Van Halen, etc.-all with a kickass original modern design, but having a $4k Beach Boys pinball using modified Seawitch also sounds cool to me.

#30 5 years ago

I might have to get a stickers made up for this one-bring back O-din!

WWOD.pngWWOD.png
    #31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Fuckin thread derailers Jesus fuck let's have a 1964 Beach Boys too.

I would prefer the game simply focus on the true star of the BEach Boys:

Mike Love. Lots and lots of Mike Love.

Like Ali except Mike Love.

#32 5 years ago

80's classic Stern
    pick yer band
    $8666
    you heard it here first.

#33 5 years ago

Beach Boys is a dream theme for me, that will never happen

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

that will never happen

Never say never.jpgNever say never.jpg
    #35 5 years ago

Wow a worse idea than Thunderbirds

#36 5 years ago

Question for all the naysayers....What current band of today-would make for a good pinball machine theme? Just curious

#37 5 years ago

I think Beach Boys would be great but I don't support reskins in any form with my money. It seems Stern will always do whatever takes to make a buck with the least amount of work. Yeah I get it, that's what a business is supposed to do. But from my experience, that's not always the case and certainly not something you want to be known for.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

I think Beach Boys would be great but I don't support reskins in any form with my money

I think a lot of people would like to purchase the Beatles if it was reasonably priced-but it is not. I usually do not care for re-hashed crap either-but to me this is an exception. Actually-I kinda want to re-theme Iron Maiden as well(cough-love the layout-can't stand the music)

#39 5 years ago

They should retheme it to Yacht Rock, would fit the time period of the original design well. That and Yacht Rock is the shit.

yacht-rock-definition (resized).jpegyacht-rock-definition (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-should-stern-consider-a-beach-boys-retheme?hl=joshpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.