(Topic ID: 50504)

Poll: Should criteria for Top 100 be changed?

By tbanthony

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by frolic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should the requirements for posting a Pin Rating be changed for counting towards the Top 100? If so, then how?”

• Top 100 ratings should remain "as is" 29 votes
      10%
    • Ratings should require comments to justify/explain ratings to be counted in the Top 100 scoring 19 votes
      7%
    • Ratings set as "Private" should not be included in the Top 100 scoring 50 votes
      18%
    • There should be a minimum user Karma rating required for the rating to count in Top 100 scoring 35 votes
      12%
    • You should have to be a current or previous owner to rate the game to count in Top 100 scoring 7 votes
      2%
    • Should be able to flag ratings as "bogus". More than 10 "bogus" flags would exclude the rating from Top 100 scoring 38 votes
      13%
    • Scores of all "1's" would be excluded - no Top 100 game is that bad 40 votes
      14%
    • Scores of perfect "10's" would be excluded - although good, no Top 100 game is perfect 28 votes
      10%
    • 15 worst scores and 15 best scores are omitted to remove some of the "noise" 38 votes
      13%

(Multiple choice - 284 votes by 131 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gigo350.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rustybomber79.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 10 years ago

Seems fine as is. I mean maybe I don't understand the rating scale completly and I am no math guru, but only 1 macine in the top 10 (AC/DC) and 2 more in the 10-20 range (Tron pro and Tron LE) have less than 600 ratings. One or two Extra high or extra low ratings is not going to sway anything very far from where it is at.

Plus if you look at Tron, the 2 machines are pretty much in the same spot which again in my opion seems like the ratings are doing what they are supposed to.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rustybomber79.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-should-criteria-for-top-100-be-changed?tu=rustybomber79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.