Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 178 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Borntolose
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Poll: RUSH (the band) Pinball Machine”

• I would be interested in a RUSH (the band) pinball machine!!! 169 votes
      45%
    • I am not interested in this theme. 209 votes
      55%

(378 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200816_160548 (resized).jpg
    20200816_160334 (resized).jpg
    20200816_160346 (resized).jpg
    rush 1 (resized).jpg
    rush 2 (resized).jpg
    rush 3 (resized).jpg
    rediscovered-4-s (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    DFFC5E82-C7A4-466F-93F4-01D9200F058D (resized).jpeg
    real-men-wear-kimonos (resized).jpg
    picAlbumMIN013 (resized).jpg
    008 (resized).JPG
    002 (resized).JPG
    001 (resized).JPG
    F3006EDC-22C4-4867-8C4A-02B8FC4F4C03.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 4 years ago
    picAlbumMIN013 (resized).jpgpicAlbumMIN013 (resized).jpg
    #41 4 years ago

Wow!

I haven't listened to this band in like 40 years, but I guess it would sell.

Stopped liking them when that Tom Sawyer crap came out. But anything before that was classic.

Hard to find a live recording, but this was the first time I saw them. Small place with some pretty hard wooden benches to sit on.

Pat Travers Band opened up.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/1978/swing-auditorium-san-bernardino-ca-6bd2f262.html

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from gouveia:

Tom Sawyer crap? So you're one of those guys...hahaha.

Yep. I got in when 2112 came out and made it thru their robed faze and sat second row center at the LA Forum on the Permanent Waves tour. Another great album. Alex Lifeson took out my left ear when he hit one of those high notes.

Music was changing though, and so was I.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from gouveia:

But Alex doesn't sing.

It was a high note from his guitar that sent my ear ringing.

Forum is a huge place, and on the day tickets went on sale, we were randomly given #9 priority wristband to buy tickets. Instead of front row off to the side, we chose second row right in the middle.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from gouveia:

Ah, those were the days...

It's funny, as they had us all sitting in the parking lot as they went around and told people to put their hand on their head and they would slap a wristband on.

When it first started the dude walked right at me, so I put my hand on my head a little prematurely, so he skipped me and went right to my buddy sitting next to me. He got #9, but we got the tickets.

I prefer the days when you camped out at the box office, and your spot in line was your spot regardless.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from gouveia:

Or you stood in line at Licorice Pizza.

Haha! lol. Or Ticketron at Sears.

When I went to get GnR tickets in the basement of May Company at Ticketmaster for their first show back in LA after the release of AFD in 1987, there was a long line getting Michael Jackson tickets or something like that.

When I got to the front of the line, the lady said we don't have any listing on Guns and Roses. I had to think fast as the line was long behind me, so I said

"Try Guns N Roses" . "Oh, here they are. Never heard of them before".

#50 4 years ago

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from gouveia:

The devil’s music.

If it killed a half hour when we were supposed to be in school, it was OK with us.

I remember one midday party in my buddy's backyard while his parents were at work blasting 2112.

Ah.... the 70s. Best decade ever.

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from gouveia:

Ah...the late 70’s-early 80’s. Best decade ever

If you could go back and get rid of that actor and his wife that took over in 1980 and messed with the whole scene, I might be inclined to agree with you.

#60 4 years ago

He's missing Passage to Bangkok

#62 4 years ago

Musically?

You are talking to a guy that heard Ballroom Blitz on the radio when he was 12 years old. I can't just throw that away.

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Rush fans are prime pinball buying demo - 45-55 year old white nerds with money.

Well hell, I remember when it was 14 and 15 year old stoners going nowhere that listened to them.

#73 4 years ago

There's one SuperLE sold right there.^^^^

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Dream theme for me as well.

It was a dream theme for me when the only band pin was Bally Kiss. Total lamesville on that one.

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

Looks like they went someplace........

Sure. They went commercial and in the 80s all the kids living off daddy's money discovered them.

Some it was much later after college when they decided they needed a rebellious streak to go along with those taped glasses and that diploma.

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

First off I was talking about the young stoners. Second when exactly did RUSH go commercial. I’m 47 and have been listening to them from early on. You sure you have a clue on this subject?

At 57 I more than have a clue

Tom Sawyer. Game over.

They went from being played on albums and underground stations only to every hour on the hour on every corporate rock station.

That's when it was over for me and I went forth to find the next underground sensations. Me and corporate rock don't get along.

And some of those young stoners from the mid 70s are doing just fine, thank you very much.

The rest are either dead, married, or in jail.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

Now I know you are full of it. You still don’t get my young stoners comment. Someone said the fans were 45-55 yr old white nerds with money. Those 14-15 yr old stoners going nowhere you spoke of would now be 45-55.

Now I know you are full of it.

They were playing most of Moving Pictures on corporate rock stations when it came out. I couldn't turn it off because I was still hanging out with corporate rockers at the time and it was their radio. About a year after Led Zeppelin came out with In Thru The Out Door. More garbage.

And those 14-15 year old stoners in 1975 to 1978 are all well out of their 40s now, but much younger in mind and spirit today than many that are still in their 40s from what I can see on this website. Use a calendar. Do the math!

#87 4 years ago

What those 14 to 15 year old stoners are doing now is beating their heads against the wall trying to explain how things really happened to many of whom were in diapers or not even born at the time.

But it's become a hobby of mine, I guess.

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

So someone who was 14 in 1975 is what 57 now. The example was 45-55. Off by two years? Really?

Close but no, you still aren't getting it. There is a generation gap I didn't know existed before I joined this site. Those that were teens in the mid to late 70s and those that were born at that time that seem to want what we already went thru.

At 45 you weren't even alive when Rush formed and were two years old when they released 2112.

If your parents were cool I guess they could have taken you to the Farewell to Kings show when you were three.

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

You guys are ridiculous.

I know man. I try to use plain English. And take my time typing it out.

#93 4 years ago

I will keep typing if you like. I can tell you are super curious, so I'll try not to disappoint.

Huge generation gap of ten years says I no longer dream of pinball machines themed after shit from my teens or prior. Life was full back then, I don't need to relive it. My memory banks are super solid in case you haven't noticed.

I never said I didn't listen to Rush after that, so you don't really need to put those words in my mouth. I heard it all throughout the 80s. Roll the Bones wasn't really my cup of tea either.

Glad you were able to latch on after their best was already laid out.

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Plus to even consider Rush a corporate band is just ridiculous.

They should probably pull all their records from the corporate stations that played them to death for the last 40 years which made them rich, then maybe they wouldn't be mentioned along with other corporate rockers. Maybe different elsewhere, but not in LA. I'm sure Rush would be happy to give all that money back.

Quoted from Extraballz:

Sorry I don’t call guys only 10 years older than me sir. But thanks for enlightening me on my own youth. It must have been all cloudy. Yet yours is crystal clear. Again thanks for the help. And Signals is a pretty great album. Sorry you didn’t like the more advanced stuff.

I don't care to be called sir, but respect for my opinion instead of insults would be nice. But I've learned not to expect that from most GenXrs here. I've learned for the most part they don't want to understand an alternate point of view but would rather just try to discredit it.

We were born at a different time and were obviously exposed to different things with maybe a slight bit of overlap. And obviously went in different directions. I'm not hating on you for the way you see things, I just see them differently.

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ockeyhead:

o-din has a reputation for stirring things up. The best way to handle him ~ Do not give him the attention that he craves.

Are you a GenXr too? You don't really need to answer that.

#100 4 years ago

Definitely need the robes for the LE backglass.

real-men-wear-kimonos (resized).jpgreal-men-wear-kimonos (resized).jpg
    #102 4 years ago

I appreciate all you guys!

Just don't get some funny idea I'm suddenly going to change my opinion.

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Who?
    Best feature of this site, ladies & gentlemen:

Still haven't learned, have you.

Doesn't make you look any better no matter what you think.

In fact quite the opposite.

#114 4 years ago

I knew a certain woman that wouldn't let things go. People like that analyze and scrutinize until they think they have proved someone who has a different point of view is discredited or wrong.

Good morning gentlemen.

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

Too funny. You were in your 20s during the 80s Glam rock LA timeframe. You weren’t out at the bars in LA at that time? Heck. There is probably pictures of you wearing heavy makeup in the 80s floating around somewhere. Lol.

Still can't let it go huh?

No, I was more likely to be found at one of the many LA punk rock gigs with a safety pin thru my nose.

Since you are so sure you have now psychoanalyzed me, rearranged and hand picked out certain things I said and left others out to try to discredit me to fit your agenda, do you mind if I ask you one personal question? You don't have to answer. And to tell you the truth, I really don't care and was over your kind many years ago.

When you were a child, did your parents buy you all kinds of things to replace the love you would have got if they weren't so busy trying to please themselves, and when they wouldn't give you what you wanted, did you throw some kind of temper tantrum?

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
    #119 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Usually these threads get derailed, and the posters end up making it all about themselves!

Yep. I thought we were done with that last night, but I wake up this morning and lo and behold!

But I'm done answering stupid questions now, so carry on...

#121 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

Flush the truth out as fast as you can

More like-

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    #139 4 years ago

Now you're talking my language!

They played it both times I saw them. It was always a great part of the show along with this one.

#140 4 years ago

So good, they themed an entire movie after it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-rush-the-band-pinball-machine?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.