Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 178 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Borntolose
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Poll: RUSH (the band) Pinball Machine”

• I would be interested in a RUSH (the band) pinball machine!!! 169 votes
      45%
    • I am not interested in this theme. 209 votes
      55%

(378 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200816_160548 (resized).jpg
    20200816_160334 (resized).jpg
    20200816_160346 (resized).jpg
    rush 1 (resized).jpg
    rush 2 (resized).jpg
    rush 3 (resized).jpg
    rediscovered-4-s (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    DFFC5E82-C7A4-466F-93F4-01D9200F058D (resized).jpeg
    real-men-wear-kimonos (resized).jpg
    picAlbumMIN013 (resized).jpg
    008 (resized).JPG
    002 (resized).JPG
    001 (resized).JPG
    F3006EDC-22C4-4867-8C4A-02B8FC4F4C03.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Extraballz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 4 years ago

The countdown begins for the pin of my all time favorite band. Enjoy

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Well hell, I remember when it was 14 and 15 year old stoners going nowhere that listened to them.

Looks like they went someplace........

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Star Wars was a dream theme and the Stern one doesn’t do much for me.

Yeah I wouldn’t want Stern to make my grail music pin. Looking for higher quality. Sorry Stern fans.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Sure. They went commercial and in the 80s all the kids living of daddy's money discovered them.

First off I was talking about the young stoners. Second when exactly did RUSH go commercial. I’m 47 and have been listening to them from early on. You sure you have a clue on this subject?

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Tom Sawyer. Game over.
    They went from being played on albums and underground stations only to every hour on the hour on every corporate rock station.
    That's when it was over for me and I went forth to find the next underground sensations. Me and corporate rock don't get along.
    And some of those young stoners from the mid 70s are doing just fine, thank you very much.
    The rest are either dead, married, or in jail.

Other than Tom Sawyer ( one song) they rarely got any play on any station. RUSH is corporate rock. Now I know you are full of it. You still don’t get my young stoners comment. Someone said the fans were 45-55 yr old white nerds with money. Those 14-15 yr old stoners going nowhere you spoke of would now be 45-55. If they grew up to have extra money maybe they went somewhere in life? Probably a good thing you left RUSH behind early on. They tend to go over a lot of people’s heads.

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Now I know you are full of it.
    They were playing most of Moving Pictures on corporate rock stations when it came out. I couldn't turn it off because I was still hanging out with corporate rockers at the time and it was their radio. About a year after Led Zeppelin came out with In Thru The Out Door. More garbage.
    And those 14-15 year old stoners in 1975 and 1976 are all well out of their 40s now, but much younger today than many that are in their 40s from what I see on this website. Use a calendar. Do the math!

So someone who was 14 in 1975 is what 57 now. The example was 45-55. Off by two years? Really? Math was close enough. After Moving Pictures and TS they rarely were popular or played on mainstream radio. Sounds like you listened to them for 2-3 summers at keg parties and now your an expert on their career. Good grief. Don’t think I’ve ever heard someone call RUSH corporate rock. Lol. That’s why they just got into the Rock and Roll Hall like yesterday. Cause they were always mainstream. Wow. It’s clear you don’t know much about RUSH other than a very small sample from early on.

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Close but no, you still aren't getting it. There is a generation gap I didn't know existed before I joined this site. Those that were teens in the mid to late 70s and those that were born at that time that seem to want what we already went thru.
    At 45 you weren't even alive when Rush formed and were two years old when they released 2112.
    If your parents were cool I guess they could have taken you to the Farewell to Kings show when you were three.

There is not a huge generation gap between us. You are only 10 years older than me. You just talked about hearing ballroom blitz at 12. I heard Moving Pictures on the radio at 10. Listened to them ever since unlike you. They were not mainstream or very popular other than the fans who always stuck by them. So I had to catch up on a few albums before Moving Pictures. That doesn’t remove me from that timeframe you lived in. You might have something to teach some of the younger guys here about those times but not me champ. Early 80s still felt like the late 70s.

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I will keep typing if you like. I can tell you are super curious, so I'll try not to disappoint.
    Huge generation gap of ten years says I no longer dream of pinball machines themed after shit from my teens or prior. Life was full back then, I don't need to relive it. My memory banks are super solid in case you haven't noticed.
    I never said I didn't listen to Rush after that, so you don't really need to put those words in my mouth. I heard it all throughout the 80s. Roll the Bones wasn't really my cup of tea either.
    Glad you were able to latch on after their best was already laid out.

Sorry but I don’t call guys only 10 years older than me sir. But thanks for enlightening me on my own youth. It must have been all cloudy. Yet yours is crystal clear. Again thanks for the help. And Signals is a pretty great album. Sorry RUSH went corporate on you a year earlier. You could have really liked Signals.

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

They should probably pull all their records from the corporate stations that played them to death for the last 40 years which made them rich, then maybe they wouldn't be mentioned along with other corporate rockers. Maybe different elsewhere, but not in LA. I'm sure Rush would be happy to give all that money back.

I don't care to be called sir, but respect for my opinion instead of insults would be nice. But I've learned not to expect that from most GenXrs here. I've learned for the most part they don't want to understand an alternate point of view but would rather just try to discredit it.
    We were born at a different time and were obviously exposed to different things with maybe a slight bit of overlap. And obviously went in different directions. I'm not hating on you for the way you see things, I just see them differently.

I was born in 71. Plenty of overlap. Same feel through the 70s and into the early 80s. This was before cable TV and technology took hold. I didn’t see a big change until the late 80s and early 90s. Then came the internet and the real change began. For all I know a guy from LA could have left RUSH for Poison in the 80s. Glam rock was created there. Maybe that was more your thing. Still hard to believe someone who loved RUSH up to Moving Pictures would now determine they were corporate rock and dislike them. That was a great album. And no they were not played to death the last 40 years. Any mainstream love has only come in recent years as the naysayers could only hold them back so long. Again you are revealing all you don’t really know about RUSH. But keep on trying to convince us......it’s entertaining. No hate here. Just calling BS.

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Who?
    Best feature of this site, ladies & gentlemen:[quoted image]

I have never blocked/ignored on this or any other forum. That’s for quitters IMO. Much better to have thick skin and just poke holes in weak stories....

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Oh, though I believe he means well (it depends) o-din has a reputation for stirring things up. The best way to handle him ~ Do not give him the attention that he craves. Just listen to some Rush, then you'll forget about this petty pissing contest that you're involved in.

Sorry if I disrupted this thread. Not my intention. Someone comes into a thread they know will have RUSH fans and starts with Tom Sawyer is crap. Then RUSH is a corporate band( still laughing). And finishes with everyone who listened to RUSH was a stoner going nowhere. Sometimes complete BS needs to be called out or people will just constantly keep doing it.

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Definitely need the robes for the LE backglass.[quoted image]

Too funny. You were in your 20s during the 80s Glam rock LA timeframe. You weren’t out at the bars in LA at that time? Heck. There is probably pictures of you wearing heavy makeup in the 80s floating around somewhere. Lol.

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Man, it is SO refreshing for a Pinside thread to stay on topic! And one about such a great band too. Usually these threads get derailed, and the posters end up making it all about themselves! Way to go people!

In all honesty there will always be one or two people who just like to disrupt. I am all for the love fest but if you don’t call the BS out once and a while the disruptions just continue through the whole thread. I say challenge ideas or facts that are incorrect as fast as you can and then the thread can go on with less disruption. If people expect a thread to have no disruption they will be disappointed at every single thread. I have belonged to a fishing forum for a long time. Same thing goes on there. People have different ideas on things. Some true. Some not. It is unavoidable IMO. You can only deal with it the best way you can Flush the truth out as fast as you can and the thread will be better for it. Don’t let it ruin the thread for you. Some people are just the hammer way to often. They can’t handle being the nail. In life you will be both at some point.

#122 4 years ago

More good stuff from the 80s

#126 4 years ago

Red Barchetta mode. Use the flippers to steer the car on backglass screen.......

#137 4 years ago

Xanadu

#141 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Now you're talking my language!
    They played it both times I saw them. It was always a great part of the show along with this one.

Love me some By Tor and the Snow Dog.

#143 4 years ago

A farewell to kings

#144 4 years ago

How about RUSH for American Pinball’s first music pin.............

#148 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Absolutely do not visualize AP producing a Rush pin. With the unlicensed themes of the past it appears AP will continue in that direction. I believe Sherlock Holmes is rumored to be the next future title that will hold true to their past history. AP avoids the licensing fees & puts that savings back into a solid high quality pinball machine. I had Houdini in the lineup for quite sometime & AP definitely rivals JJP in terms of higher standards.
    If there would be any expectation for a future Rush pin build it would practically have to be manufactured by Stern. Sterns reputation with the development of rock band pins is their past approach to the mainstream consumer. Stern is the largest pinball manufacturer in the world, as it would take Stern's established reputation & resources to own the rights to an exclusive top-tier band like Rush.

Let’s see how JJP does with GNR. I would much rather more bells n whistles and better build quality that JJP could offer in my RUSH pin. If JJP can afford the rights for GNR they can afford RUSH.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Extraballz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-rush-the-band-pinball-machine?tu=Extraballz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.