Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 178 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Borntolose
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Poll: RUSH (the band) Pinball Machine”

• I would be interested in a RUSH (the band) pinball machine!!! 169 votes
      45%
    • I am not interested in this theme. 209 votes
      55%

(378 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200816_160548 (resized).jpg
    20200816_160334 (resized).jpg
    20200816_160346 (resized).jpg
    rush 1 (resized).jpg
    rush 2 (resized).jpg
    rush 3 (resized).jpg
    rediscovered-4-s (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    DFFC5E82-C7A4-466F-93F4-01D9200F058D (resized).jpeg
    real-men-wear-kimonos (resized).jpg
    picAlbumMIN013 (resized).jpg
    008 (resized).JPG
    002 (resized).JPG
    001 (resized).JPG
    F3006EDC-22C4-4867-8C4A-02B8FC4F4C03.gif
    There are 178 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 4 years ago

Thanks j_m_ I appreciate!

#102 4 years ago

I appreciate all you guys!

Just don't get some funny idea I'm suddenly going to change my opinion.

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ockeyhead:

The best way to handle him ~ Do not give him the attention that he craves

Who?

Best feature of this site, ladies & gentlemen:

DFFC5E82-C7A4-466F-93F4-01D9200F058D (resized).jpegDFFC5E82-C7A4-466F-93F4-01D9200F058D (resized).jpeg
    #104 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Who?
    Best feature of this site, ladies & gentlemen:

Still haven't learned, have you.

Doesn't make you look any better no matter what you think.

In fact quite the opposite.

#105 4 years ago

stern has made some shit the last couple of years, but most of the music pins the last 10yrs have been pretty awesome games. they could do it justice.

#106 4 years ago

if whoever got the license, if they wanted to really finish it off correctly, they'd get Hugh Syme to create all of the cabinet and backglass packages

#107 4 years ago

I love Rush, but long before they get a pin, we should be getting a pin celebrating Zeppelin, Motley Crue, Queen and Ozzy.

#108 4 years ago

What existing game do you think a Rush soundtrack would go well with? Thanks.

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I love Rush, but long before they get a pin, we should be getting a pin celebrating Zeppelin, Motley Crue, Queen and Ozzy.

I did an Ozzy/Black Sabbath orchestration for my GnR. Lots of great songs to choose from.

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

They should probably pull all their records from the corporate stations that played them to death for the last 40 years which made them rich, then maybe they wouldn't be mentioned along with other corporate rockers. Maybe different elsewhere, but not in LA. I'm sure Rush would be happy to give all that money back.

I don't care to be called sir, but respect for my opinion instead of insults would be nice. But I've learned not to expect that from most GenXrs here. I've learned for the most part they don't want to understand an alternate point of view but would rather just try to discredit it.
    We were born at a different time and were obviously exposed to different things with maybe a slight bit of overlap. And obviously went in different directions. I'm not hating on you for the way you see things, I just see them differently.

I was born in 71. Plenty of overlap. Same feel through the 70s and into the early 80s. This was before cable TV and technology took hold. I didn’t see a big change until the late 80s and early 90s. Then came the internet and the real change began. For all I know a guy from LA could have left RUSH for Poison in the 80s. Glam rock was created there. Maybe that was more your thing. Still hard to believe someone who loved RUSH up to Moving Pictures would now determine they were corporate rock and dislike them. That was a great album. And no they were not played to death the last 40 years. Any mainstream love has only come in recent years as the naysayers could only hold them back so long. Again you are revealing all you don’t really know about RUSH. But keep on trying to convince us......it’s entertaining. No hate here. Just calling BS.

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Who?
    Best feature of this site, ladies & gentlemen:[quoted image]

I have never blocked/ignored on this or any other forum. That’s for quitters IMO. Much better to have thick skin and just poke holes in weak stories....

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Oh, though I believe he means well (it depends) o-din has a reputation for stirring things up. The best way to handle him ~ Do not give him the attention that he craves. Just listen to some Rush, then you'll forget about this petty pissing contest that you're involved in.

Sorry if I disrupted this thread. Not my intention. Someone comes into a thread they know will have RUSH fans and starts with Tom Sawyer is crap. Then RUSH is a corporate band( still laughing). And finishes with everyone who listened to RUSH was a stoner going nowhere. Sometimes complete BS needs to be called out or people will just constantly keep doing it.

#113 4 years ago

There are several people throughout my life that I have encountered that in their own minds, knew everything about anything. Though everyone is entitled to their opinion there are some that are incorrigible, so you just might as well just try to reason w/ a wall. The genuine Rush fan is well informed & completely aware of their profound & demanding history.

Anyhow, typically this type of personality has a deep seated affliction steaming from a lack of attention from childhood or some sort of other adversity, etc. Self righteous views are conveyed w/ a volley of self preservative tirades that are intended to stir the pot & rouse the masses.

"And the meek shall inherit the earth..."

Just another typical day at Pinside - Carry on >>>

#114 4 years ago

I knew a certain woman that wouldn't let things go. People like that analyze and scrutinize until they think they have proved someone who has a different point of view is discredited or wrong.

Good morning gentlemen.

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Definitely need the robes for the LE backglass.[quoted image]

Too funny. You were in your 20s during the 80s Glam rock LA timeframe. You weren’t out at the bars in LA at that time? Heck. There is probably pictures of you wearing heavy makeup in the 80s floating around somewhere. Lol.

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

Too funny. You were in your 20s during the 80s Glam rock LA timeframe. You weren’t out at the bars in LA at that time? Heck. There is probably pictures of you wearing heavy makeup in the 80s floating around somewhere. Lol.

Still can't let it go huh?

No, I was more likely to be found at one of the many LA punk rock gigs with a safety pin thru my nose.

Since you are so sure you have now psychoanalyzed me, rearranged and hand picked out certain things I said and left others out to try to discredit me to fit your agenda, do you mind if I ask you one personal question? You don't have to answer. And to tell you the truth, I really don't care and was over your kind many years ago.

When you were a child, did your parents buy you all kinds of things to replace the love you would have got if they weren't so busy trying to please themselves, and when they wouldn't give you what you wanted, did you throw some kind of temper tantrum?

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
    #118 4 years ago

Man, it is SO refreshing for a Pinside thread to stay on topic! And one about such a great band too. Usually these threads get derailed, and the posters end up making it all about themselves! Way to go people!

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Usually these threads get derailed, and the posters end up making it all about themselves!

Yep. I thought we were done with that last night, but I wake up this morning and lo and behold!

But I'm done answering stupid questions now, so carry on...

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Man, it is SO refreshing for a Pinside thread to stay on topic! And one about such a great band too. Usually these threads get derailed, and the posters end up making it all about themselves! Way to go people!

In all honesty there will always be one or two people who just like to disrupt. I am all for the love fest but if you don’t call the BS out once and a while the disruptions just continue through the whole thread. I say challenge ideas or facts that are incorrect as fast as you can and then the thread can go on with less disruption. If people expect a thread to have no disruption they will be disappointed at every single thread. I have belonged to a fishing forum for a long time. Same thing goes on there. People have different ideas on things. Some true. Some not. It is unavoidable IMO. You can only deal with it the best way you can Flush the truth out as fast as you can and the thread will be better for it. Don’t let it ruin the thread for you. Some people are just the hammer way to often. They can’t handle being the nail. In life you will be both at some point.

#121 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

Flush the truth out as fast as you can

More like-

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    #122 4 years ago

More good stuff from the 80s

#124 4 years ago

I was lucky enough to see Rush twice at Red Rocks. Last time they played all of Moving Pictures - freaking incredible!

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

All great bands of of their era...but again, I ask you to look at the potential pinball buyer. There's a difference between a huge band that's sold tons of albums and a huge band with an ultra super duper passionate fanbase that has high nerd overlap. It's the same reason I thought Aerosmith was a weird choice before Rush. Huge band, but passionate fanbase who LOVES THEM personally and would buy nerdy Aerosmith merch? I don't think that was there...I don't think that game sold nearly as well as AC/DC or Metallica (which has a similar passionate fanbase like Rush's fans). Zeppelin would probably do well...Queen as well, especially after how huge their movie was. Not sure Motley Crue or Ozzy would.

#126 4 years ago

Red Barchetta mode. Use the flippers to steer the car on backglass screen.......

#127 4 years ago

It seems to have calmed down here at the moment... tick, tick, tick ... so allow me to sneak this in.

What would be your ideal Rush Pin?

It would be awesome if the code would expand the chronicles of the original Rush album to the final Clockwork Angels release.

At least a callout reference to every studio release & a mode for the most influential or recognizable music. Or possibly a mode for each of the most influential or recognizable album releases. Fly By Night, 2112, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, etc.

A first of it's kind hybrid playfield design by Ritchie & Elwin.

A YYZ multiball featuring Neil Peart's drum solo.

A final La Villa Strangiato super wizard mode.

Come on Pinside, chime in!

#128 4 years ago

I have a Rush pin , look in my collection on pinside to see the pics

#129 4 years ago

Was that you who posted the pictures of this Rush pin several years ago? This is a conversion High Speed machine, correct?

#130 4 years ago

it was originally a getaway.

#131 4 years ago

OK, I'll stick my neck out with an unpopular opinion.... <flamesuit on>

I love 80's Rush BECAUSE of the synthesizers.

Now don't get me wrong, I can very much appreciate the earlier 70's stuff, and how much better everything got once Neal started adding in his awesome lyrics. But for me, the sound of Rush really blossomed when you added in the keyboards. Signals and Hold Your Fire are my two favorite of their albums.

<flamesuit off>

Hell yeah, sign me up for a Rush pin. I'm totally in, no matter what era.

Later,
    EV

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

OK, I'll stick my neck out with an unpopular opinion.... &lt;flamesuit on&gt;
    I love 80's Rush BECAUSE of the synthesizers.
    Now don't get me wrong, I can very much appreciate the earlier 70's stuff, and how much better everything got once Neal started adding in his awesome lyrics. But for me, the sound of Rush really blossomed when you added in the keyboards. Signals and Hold Your Fire are my two favorite of their albums.
    &lt;flamesuit off&gt;
    Hell yeah, sign me up for a Rush pin. I'm totally in, no matter what era.
    Later,
    EV

I really have been getting into Grace Under Pressure lately, after having completely ignored it in the 80s. Hold Your Fire turned out to be pretty good too. The arrangements are TOUGH. I still don’t really love the guitar tones though. Still don’t really like Power Windows too much

#133 4 years ago

I have a friend (Scott) who is probably the biggest Rush fan on earth. He's seen them in concert so many times he's lost count. Met and talked with Geddy Lee a couple times as well.

If this were to actually happen, he'd order a LE 0.001ms after the official announcement.

#134 4 years ago
    Quoted from Astill:

I have a Rush pin , look in my collection on pinside to see the pics

Did you do a Pinsound Rush orchestration for the Getaway or does it still play the original music? Thanks.

#136 4 years ago

It’s the pinball machine I’ve wanted more than any other since I started this way of life. 2112 forever!

#137 4 years ago

Xanadu

#138 4 years ago

If I were to get a Rush pinball machine I'd want the song selection to be primarily drawn from their 1st album.

I remember when Rush' iconic debut album was released in 1974. I was 14 years old and was riding in the back seat of my best friend's big brother's 1967 Buick Skylark when "In The Mood" came on the radio. It was all fresh and the 1st time we had heard of Rush.

We drove right down to the mall and I bought the 8-track tape and played the living crap out of it.

As far as I'm concerned their 1st album was by-far their best. I remember when 2112 came out. Still OK but not the same raw edge that their 1st album had.

You can say the same about a lot of great bands. They had their entire lives to come up with the material on their debut album.

rediscovered-4-s (resized).jpgrediscovered-4-s (resized).jpg
    #139 4 years ago

Now you're talking my language!

They played it both times I saw them. It was always a great part of the show along with this one.

#140 4 years ago

So good, they themed an entire movie after it.

#141 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Now you're talking my language!
    They played it both times I saw them. It was always a great part of the show along with this one.

Love me some By Tor and the Snow Dog.

#142 4 years ago

IMO I would take tracks from Rush-Rush through Signals. That's my favorite era. That being said I've always respected them because I think they never sold out, and have always done their own thing...

#143 4 years ago

A farewell to kings

#144 4 years ago

How about RUSH for American Pinball’s first music pin.............

#145 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

Now that’s an idea they should look into!

#146 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

A game about a Canadian band by the American company that made a German beer game? If they were still gonna be in business after their next title, I’d say “why not”.

#147 4 years ago

Absolutely do not visualize AP producing a Rush pin. With the unlicensed themes of the past it appears AP will continue in that direction. I believe Sherlock Holmes is rumored to be the next future title that will hold true to their past history. AP avoids the licensing fees & puts that savings back into a solid high quality pinball machine. I had Houdini in the lineup for quite sometime & AP definitely rivals JJP in terms of higher standards.

If there would be any expectation for a future Rush pin build it would practically have to be manufactured by Stern. Sterns reputation with the development of rock band pins is their past approach to the mainstream consumer. Stern is the largest pinball manufacturer in the world, as it would take Stern's established reputation & resources to own the rights to an exclusive top-tier band like Rush.

#148 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Absolutely do not visualize AP producing a Rush pin. With the unlicensed themes of the past it appears AP will continue in that direction. I believe Sherlock Holmes is rumored to be the next future title that will hold true to their past history. AP avoids the licensing fees &amp; puts that savings back into a solid high quality pinball machine. I had Houdini in the lineup for quite sometime &amp; AP definitely rivals JJP in terms of higher standards.
    If there would be any expectation for a future Rush pin build it would practically have to be manufactured by Stern. Sterns reputation with the development of rock band pins is their past approach to the mainstream consumer. Stern is the largest pinball manufacturer in the world, as it would take Stern's established reputation &amp; resources to own the rights to an exclusive top-tier band like Rush.

Let’s see how JJP does with GNR. I would much rather more bells n whistles and better build quality that JJP could offer in my RUSH pin. If JJP can afford the rights for GNR they can afford RUSH.

#149 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

Let’s see how JJP does with GNR. I would much rather more bells n whistles and better build quality that JJP could offer in my RUSH pin. If JJP can afford the rights for GNR they can afford RUSH.

That would be amazing, but w/ the rumored GNR, TS, etc., there would be a rather long wait for a Rush pin from JJP. JJP seems to produce a new title annually, as Stern averages three or so new releases a year. Hopefully a Rush title will be announced sooner rather than later.

#150 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

If I were to get a Rush pinball machine I'd want the song selection to be primarily drawn from their 1st album.
    I remember when Rush' iconic debut album was released in 1974. I was 14 years old and was riding in the back seat of my best friend's big brother's 1967 Buick Skylark when "In The Mood" came on the radio. It was all fresh and the 1st time we had heard of Rush.
    We drove right down to the mall and I bought the 8-track tape and played the living crap out of it.
    As far as I'm concerned their 1st album was by-far their best. I remember when 2112 came out. Still OK but not the same raw edge that their 1st album had.
    You can say the same about a lot of great bands. They had their entire lives to come up with the material on their debut album.[quoted image]

well I guess everyone has a opinion.. but sorry yours is wrong.. Rush's first album was just ok, but after Rutsey was replaced with Peart ( for creative reasons as Rutsey just did not have the chops nor was he at the level of musicianship that Ged and Alex was at that time) the band really shined.. 2112 is considered one of their greatest albums, if not just for the sheer scale of the work, but the broad echoism of Ayn Rand that Peart brought to the lyrics.. Without Peart there would be no Moving Pictures,( Tom Sawyer, YYZ, etc) No Hemispheres, ( Book I II, Cygnus X-1, the Trees, La Villa ) and the list goes on and on and on. If you consider their first album to be their best work then im sorry my friend you are hugely mistaken in this area.

But Like I said, everyone is entitled to a opinion.

There are 178 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-rush-the-band-pinball-machine/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.