(Topic ID: 252494)

Poll: rubber footies vs felt vs teflon

By pinballjj

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Poll: rubber footies vs felt vs teflon”

• rubber 26 votes
      50%
    • felt 7 votes
      13%
    • teflon or similar 10 votes
      19%
    • nothing 9 votes
      17%

(52 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4174 (resized).jpg
    C4379E8A-CA22-4F10-89AF-F8588824BDF5 (resized).jpeg
    browns-tans-everbilt-furniture-accessories-49091-64_1000 (resized).jpg
    e2c1e77e3899ed107cbc0dca8e09fb28415dc7d1 (1) (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

I am wondering what people use on the feet, I used to have felt and saw papa uses rubber feet so figured I would try it , for me harder to nudge and a lot more effort needed to slide with the rubber on hardwood floors particularly with an older heavier machine. What do you guy use ?

#2 4 years ago

Hate the rubber ones as its hard to slide game.

I use felt on my marble floor but those damn things always seem to slide off.

Did see someone buy rubber footings then put round felt on them....just wondering if the felt slides off too

#3 4 years ago

i have my games on carpet so i use nothing

#4 4 years ago

Rubber when on wood or tile.

#5 4 years ago

Just got 5 sets of the colored rubber one's from pinballlife. There awesome. You can still nudge a game, no need for slide saves.

#6 4 years ago

I thought I had put a poll but no so I added one !

#7 4 years ago

Rubber, takes a little while to acclimate to them, but it's the same thing as really thick matted carpet or putting them on a matt.
    No slide saving anymore, but whatever.

#8 4 years ago

Spent weeks and countless hours reviewing Pinside threads and came to this answer for my laminate flooring. Works very well and, no the felt bottom pieces do not slide out from under the Pinball Life silicone footsies. They stay put. Almost like they are glued on. In fact, many times when I lift the machines, the felt stays in place even though there is no adhesive at all. My only (small) issue with the entire setup is I wish the felt was even a little more "slippery" on the laminate floor. I believe my perspective is impacted by my prior game room where the floor was hardwood with a semi-gloss finish. This engineered laminate has more of a matte finish and thus is a little more sticky with the felt. All and all a great solution for me

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameroom-advice/page/2#post-5058435

e2c1e77e3899ed107cbc0dca8e09fb28415dc7d1 (1) (resized).jpge2c1e77e3899ed107cbc0dca8e09fb28415dc7d1 (1) (resized).jpg
    #9 4 years ago

Blue Sliders with some silicone to keep them on.

Easy to slide and move....just enough for nudging, for me.

Flooring differences as well as personal play/nudging strength make the choices different for each of us.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from 3pinballs:

Hate the rubber ones as its hard to slide game.

haha, thats exactly why I like the rubber ones.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

haha, thats exactly why I like the rubber ones.

It's nice to slide them over rather than pick them up...have to slide in order to get to another machine.

#12 4 years ago

None of the above.

I buy a four pack of these carpeted pucks at Home Depot for a couple bucks to use them on my oak floor.

browns-tans-everbilt-furniture-accessories-49091-64_1000 (resized).jpgbrowns-tans-everbilt-furniture-accessories-49091-64_1000 (resized).jpg
    #13 4 years ago

Rubber can mark a floor. Molded polyurethane does NOT mark any surface and comes in a variety of colors. PAPA uses these at ReplayFX. Made by Super-Bands.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/LLPUC-R

https://cointaker.com/products/pin-shoes

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from 3pinballs:

It's nice to slide them over rather than pick them up...have to slide in order to get to another machine.

Thats when i put furniture sliders on..

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from DrJoe:

Rubber can mark a floor. Molded polyurethane does NOT mark any surface and comes in a variety of colors. PAPA uses these at ReplayFX. Made by Super-Bands.
    https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/LLPUC-R
    https://cointaker.com/products/pin-shoes

Cheaper here... I have these..

https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-silicone-leg-leveler-casters-set-of-4.html

#16 4 years ago

Different parts. Super-Bands products are made in the USA out of polyurethane. This links to off-shore-made silicone.

#17 4 years ago

I use these. You can purchase them at Lowe’s for around $6 for a set of four. Perfect size. Not too slippery or too sticky. They work well on my hardwood floor.

C4379E8A-CA22-4F10-89AF-F8588824BDF5 (resized).jpegC4379E8A-CA22-4F10-89AF-F8588824BDF5 (resized).jpeg
    #18 4 years ago

Huge thanks to whoever originally recommended the felt pads to the rubber feet. Love the rubber feet but anything so much as sliding the game 1" left or right is virtually impossible on our epoxy floor. They stick like glue lol. Amazon 2" felt pads were only like $8 for 50 pieces. Worlds better thanks!

IMG_4174 (resized).jpgIMG_4174 (resized).jpg
    #19 4 years ago

I'm surprised that bryan kelly's pinball footies aren't an option for the poll

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from DrJoe:

Different parts. Super-Bands products are made in the USA out of polyurethane. This links to off-shore-made silicone.

How do you know? There is no mention of Super-Band in either of those descriptions. And not sure how you can assume these are made in China while others arent...

Pinballlife.com is legit for sure for products.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Huge thanks to whoever originally recommended the felt pads to the rubber feet. Love the rubber feet but anything so much as sliding the game 1" left or right is virtually impossible on our epoxy floor. They stick like glue lol. Amazon 2" felt pads were only like $8 for 50 pieces. Worlds better thanks![quoted image]

What is the point of having rubber and felt? Couldnt you just put the felt under the feet of the machine as they come?

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

How do you know? There is no mention of Super-Band in either of those descriptions. And not sure how you can assume these are made in China while others arent...
    Pinballlife.com is legit for sure for products.

Because I make them and sell them through these distributors. Pinball Life sells them too.

https://www.pinballlife.com/pin-butts-high-gloss-polyurethane-leg-leveler-castors-set-of-4.html

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from DrJoe:

Because I make them and sell them through these distributors. Pinball Life sells them too.
    https://www.pinballlife.com/pin-butts-high-gloss-polyurethane-leg-leveler-castors-set-of-4.html

So you make the Super-Band brand? Sorry, not following. Regardless, I dont really care. If something is cheaper and essentially the same quality, thats what im going to go for.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

So you make the Super-Band brand? Sorry, not following. Regardless, I dont really care. If something is cheaper and essentially the same quality, thats what im going to go for.

Thanks. Enjoy your day.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

What is the point of having rubber and felt? Couldnt you just put the felt under the feet of the machine as they come?

Primarily because I already have the rubber feet on 30 games. Plus from previous results the metal feet tend to simply crush the felt in short order. Just glad a simple low cost solution was suggested.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

None of the above.
    I buy a four pack of these carpeted pucks at Home Depot for a couple bucks to use them on my oak floor.[quoted image]

I use the exact same ones on my hardwood floor, and it works perfect!

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Primarily because I already have the rubber feet on 30 games. Plus from previous results the metal feet tend to simply crush the felt in short order. Just glad a simple low cost solution was suggested.

Gotcha. Was just curious. Figured there was a logical reason for it haha.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

None of the above.
    I buy a four pack of these carpeted pucks at Home Depot for a couple bucks to use them on my oak floor.[quoted image]

Beware if moving your games a lot, the carpet comes off the bottom of these rendering them useless.

#30 4 years ago

I like these a lot. Makes the machines really easy to slide around on hardwood flooring, but the games don't move unless you want them to. I spent a day re-arranging my living room, moving both of my machines around all over the place, and didn't have any issues at all.

$4.80 for a pack of 4.

https://www.amazon.com/Shepherd-Hardware-9364-FeltGard-Furniture/dp/B004G0MLCU
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Huge thanks to whoever originally recommended the felt pads to the rubber feet. Love the rubber feet but anything so much as sliding the game 1" left or right is virtually impossible on our epoxy floor. They stick like glue lol. Amazon 2" felt pads were only like $8 for 50 pieces. Worlds better thanks![quoted image]

That might have been me. I'm still loving the solution. Felt alone simply gets crushed and or there's a good chance that as you slide the machine the metal leveler slides off onto the bare floor. Only takes once and you will not be happy! Using the silicone footsies first and popping the felt under them works great. Just enough "slide" when you need it and near total protection

BTW I see you used the adhesive version of the felt. I wanted to as well but could not find the correct size at a decent price. I went with non-adhesive (EVA foam) backed felt but they stay put anyway ... many times even when I lift the machine

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-rubber-footies-vs-felt-vs-teflon#post-5231386

My original thread on the subject with Amazon links

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameroom-floor-protection

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from ctviss:

I like these a lot. Makes the machines really easy to slide around on hardwood flooring, but the games don't move unless you want them to. I spent a day re-arranging my living room, moving both of my machines around all over the place, and didn't have any issues at all.
    $4.80 for a pack of 4.
    amazon.com link »
    [quoted image]

What size is right? I like the looks of these.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Beware if moving your games a lot, the carpet comes off the bottom of these rendering them useless.

Seriously?

I've pushed my games up and down the hall and rearranged them more times than I can count and that never happened. Some of the first ones I bought have been used on many different machines.

Some people just want to spend more money than they have to.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Seriously?
    I've pushed my games up and down the hall and rearranged them several times and that never happened.
    Some people just want to spend more money than they have to.

Yes really. 100% fail rate when I buy these. Last anywhere from 6 months to a year. Then the carpet bottom slides off.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes really. 100% fail rate when I buy these. Last anywhere from 6 months to a year. Then the carpet bottom slides off.

What surface does your floor have?

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

What surface does your floor have?

Brand new smooth concrete basement floor.

#37 4 years ago

Well that explains it.

The OP is looking for feet for a hardwood floor, not concrete.

On hardwood, they last forever.

#38 4 years ago

I will add there is nothing fuglier than those big round bulky wooden ones, whoever makes those.

#39 4 years ago

I use nothing because all my games are on a concrete floor but if I ever put them on hardwood, I'd use something non-slip and non-marking which I guess is the polyurethane type?

I tried some of the (very cheap) rubber type and they left marks everywhere on the concrete. It kind of melted like old rubber does on a playfield post.

If you can slide save on a game with my tight tilts more power to ya!

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

What size is right? I like the looks of these.

The 1 3/4" ones are perfect for standard pinball levelers. I believe the measurement is the inside diameter of the cup.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

None of the above.

do you put any adhesive to secure to leg leveler? Nothing worse then when you have to lift game and these come off...not a big deal if you have someone there, but a lot of times I don't.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from 3pinballs:

do you put any adhesive to secure to leg leveler? Nothing worse then when you have to lift game and these come off...not a big deal if you have someone there, but a lot of times I don't.

No glue or anything.

The only real time I have to lift the games is when I move them outside. Which is super simple. I slide them to the patio door, lift one end of the machine and slide it on out onto my dolly. I gave up on waiting for help a long time ago

Those little carpeted pucks have been a godsend, but last time at my remodeled home depot, they were out of the correct size. But they are still available online. The Lowes version is a little lessor quality, but I've got a few.

I even use them in the garage to put under the back legs in stacks where the concrete is a lower and a little uneven.

#43 4 years ago

I'm going to add the only time those pucks gave me a problem is when the levelers are beat and have the bolt trying to poke thru on the bottom.

Then it will put a dent in the center of the puck and make it not slide so easily. New levelers if any show any of that going on.

#44 4 years ago

I used to use a pin footie type thing that I had a woodworking friend make for me. I've since changed to using the rubber cups on the front legs and wood on the back. I want my games to be difficult, so I don't get too comfy and then go to tournaments where I can't move games like I used to be able to at home.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-rubber-footies-vs-felt-vs-teflon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.