• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is JJP’s knowledge of the playfield issue”

• JJP is incompetent, they believe these playfields are of fine quality 2 votes
    5%
  • JJP is competent but trying to commit a type of fraud, they know the playfields are of poor quality but are dumping them into the stream of commerce anyway 33 votes
    80%
  • I like dunno, but I love voting in polls 6 votes
    15%

(41 votes)

#1 2 years ago

So, what’s up with these playfields and what is the level of culpability for JJP? JJP people go on podcasts and say the issues have been addressed yet the photos of the defects keep pouring in. Nevertheless, elite game restoration people can look at nothing more than photos and immediately identify two issues in just a couple minutes. Do people believe Micro is lying to JJP and telling JJP all is perfect with these playfields or is Micro telling JJP exactly what is wrong and JJP is using the defective playfields anyway because they are cheap...JJP did change their warranty wording and this would lead one to believe they may have some idea there is something possibly not right with these playfields...yet they continue to sell them.

Do you believe JJP really feels these playfields are fine? Poll included.

#2 2 years ago

What a tragedy, a kill joy for a great game.

#3 2 years ago

Someone in one of the other threads on this subject gave a good analogy that I’ll paraphrase: JJP hired Picasso to create a masterpiece but only gave him a roll of toilet paper as a canvas. If I was Eric Munier I’d be furious to see what’s happening to my creation.

#4 2 years ago

They are well aware of the path they are taking....

#5 2 years ago

We all gonna act like stern and JJP haven’t been putting out shit play fields for years? Why the sudden hysteria?

#6 2 years ago

It doesn't seem like they have much incentive to fix the issues since the game is flying off the shelf. When someone does get a game with a defective playfield someone will happily buy it used at full retail, if not more.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

They are well aware of the path they are taking....

I tend to think this as well. I just can’t believe they are simply oblivious and don’t have people with enough expierence to recognize these issues on their staff. HEP instantly diagnosed the problems with nothing more than photos and we are to believe that JJP engineers with physical product in their hands running tests are simply too dumb to notice something isn’t right with the product?

Micro certainly is well aware of these issues...I mean, they simply have to be aware of them. The question I would have for Micro is whether they are (a) being honest with JJP and disclosing how flawed their product is, or (b) lying to JJP and convincing JJP’s purchasing agent the issue is fixed. If it’s (b) the purchasing agent needs to receive some more training.

#8 2 years ago

A dream is being shattered, it’s not too late to make a difference!
Burying your heads in the sand won’t work. Communication helps.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

We all gonna act like stern and JJP haven’t been putting out shit play fields for years? Why the sudden hysteria?

Likely due to the popularity of GnR and all the new first time buyers JJP is getting for this title. Having a true hit title on their hands cuts several ways.

This is my first NIB JJP...both the WOZ and DI I’ve had were second or third hand games opened by others. Both had great playfields with no issues. I was unaware of these issues till GnR and the more I am reading about the matter and the more photos that are coming out combined with things such as the warranty language modification the more disappointed I’m becoming and the more apprehension I’m having about this game.

1 week later
#10 2 years ago

Not a single person voted that the JJP truly believes the playfield are of perfectly fine quality.

The next poll I’ll do is whether Mirco believes the play field are of perfectly fine quality...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-playfield-problems-for-gnr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.