Topic poll

“I ordered in the initial rush, and I am..”

• Out 144 votes
    50%
  • Still in 146 votes
    50%

(290 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

212057-i.jpg
305880.jpg
PC-A-20119RL.jpg
1278scale_LRG.jpg
wpc91all.jpg
untitled-385.png
UL.jpg
MMR-homer-stern.jpg
Expo 338.JPG
Expo 340.JPG
Expo 341.JPG
Expo 329.JPG

There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 5 years ago

We all had a knee jerk BUY BUY BUY initial response to the remake announcement but how many canceled once they realized they may have jumped the gun? Nearly all the people I know who ordered in the rush have since canceled.

This poll is for those that ordered within a week or so of announcement by PPS.. If you canceled, why?

I for one canceled, thought better of feeding pinflation for a game that should really in all fairness cost maybe 6K tops

#2 5 years ago

I bailed, mostly because it was a realization that the payment schedule was going to be tough to meet, but also a huge factor was that I chose JJP for my distro, the price on getting a personal LE number was totally ridiculous, and decided not to support that. Otherwise I might've at least tried to stay in a little longer than I did. I bailed before first payment was even due.

#3 5 years ago

I played it here at Expo yesterday and am very happy to stay in. It's a beautiful game and there's no shortage of people lined up to play it here.

#4 5 years ago

makes me feel like they should have waited till the games were about 3 months out from shipping before they made a announcement.

#5 5 years ago

About 50 50 so far. Had the price been 6k I bet it would be 90% still in. 7k probably 75%

#6 5 years ago

I pre-ordered two the day of the announcement, one for me, one for my brother.

Both cancelled.

#7 5 years ago

i pre-ordered within the first few hours. still in.

i was hoping to have the pin in my basement by the end of the year...at this point though, i'm just hoping i have it by next march when i have my annual poker/march madness/pinball/arcade shindig.

#8 5 years ago

I'm hoping that Rick will throw in something extra for the people that were in from day one.

#9 5 years ago

This better be in my basement by Christmas eve when I throw the 7 fishes party for 30+ family.

#10 5 years ago

I ordered first day, since dropped out when I heard there were going to be regular editions should there was demand, also the price was not to my liking, although to be fair Stern LEs are not far off and MMR does come with color LCD so the net result is while I think it's overpriced, it's probably just about what it can sell for, I mean I'd be in for $7000.

Also, played real MM several times in the past year and found that I like it, but not any more than AcDc premium or SM or IM or several other $5k-$6k games.

IMO it was great the first day/week after I ordered but the more I thought about $8000 plus shipping, the more I thought $4700 IM was a way better deal for me.

#11 5 years ago

Still in and happy I am.

#12 5 years ago

I can't wait for mine

#13 5 years ago

In early and still in.

#14 5 years ago

Why give up now that we are so close to start of production. MM was a great pin a year ago, it's a great pin today. Still, all the new pins announced at expo look really good so I can understand the dilemma it creates.

#15 5 years ago

Still in! Played it a ton today at expo and it's legit. Looks, plays & sound great!!!

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I'm hoping that Rick will throw in something extra for the people that were in from day one.

Like coin mechs.

#17 5 years ago

No doubt it will be a great pin, probably better than the original. I am out because I felt a bit taken advantage of on pricing. I want all the new and old pin producers to succeed and make a fair profit for their products. I'm hoping the message gets out that 10 base hits is better than 1 home run profit wise.

#18 5 years ago

Thanks to those of you who said you played the pin today or saw it and it is what we hoped it would be. Keep making the reports if you don't mind. I'm still in and before it gets to late to get out, I'd like to hear enough feedback from those who have played/seen it in person to determine if I still want to stay in. Thanks!
Mike

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Like coin mechs.

Ditto on the coin mechs!!!

#20 5 years ago

39 in, 24 out, right now.

#21 5 years ago

39 in 25 out. About 40% canceled for one reason or another. That's pretty big (so far). If I was running a business and I had 40% of my clients leave, I would be looking for a reason or a remedy. I would suggest the main problem here is "the rent is too high!"

#22 5 years ago

out for me and so glad i am. 8k for a remake is borderline insane tbl has my attention now.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Like coin mechs.

I could care less about coin mechs.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I would suggest the main problem here is "the rent is too high!"

And the landlord is not as much of a nice guy as we all thought.

#25 5 years ago

In from day one and still looking forward to unboxing that beauty and putting up SAT on its color display.
~Steveo

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

out for me and so glad i am. 8k for a remake is borderline insane tbl has my attention now.

I've gotten to the point that 8k is crazy for any game. Out on my preorder of MMRLE and TWDLE. TBL looks great, just not for 8k.

#27 5 years ago

In from day one and still looking forward to my gold one. Gonna keep it forever.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

39 in 25 out. About 40% canceled for one reason or another. That's pretty big (so far). If I was running a business and I had 40% of my clients leave, I would be looking for a reason or a remedy. I would suggest the main problem here is "the rent is too high!"

If he sells all the LEs which is likely than the rent isn't too high. The question is the rent on the Standards. How many of the 40% that dropped out will jump back in if the distributors start selling Standards for around $6.5k. This will be hard for some LE buyers to swallow given the minimum difference but could certainly happen if there are plenty of "renters" still wanting to move in.

I was in from the start and still am but have questioned dropping out watching all the new pins at Expo. This has nothing to do with MMR but too many great pins and too little room.

#29 5 years ago

Nah, I won't be shocked to see standards at that price.

#30 5 years ago

Still in... I initially spoke to Rick on the phone and ordered the game directly from him roughly in JUNE /JULY, and I asked will I have the game before Christmas ... He laughed and said of course you will.
Well hopefully that still happens (Ideally I'd like it before thanksgiving).

In all honesty though I'd almost rather wait for it to be as perfect as possible, and no doubt it will be. Majority of the people I've seen talking trash about MMRLE are those who currently own a Williams MM, and have no intention on buying a MMRLE. Most people that have played MMRLE with an unbiased opinion seem to love it. I guess time will tell. At the end of the day this will give hundreds / thousands of more people to experience Medieval Madness.

#31 5 years ago

I'm still in but wish I wasnt.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

If he sells all the LEs which is likely than the rent isn't too high.

Is it likely? I mean someone mentioned in another thread that "the word on the street" from some distributors is that only around 500 LE's are spoken for... who knows what's true but from what I've seen and heard that would be more in line with my thinking as well. A lot have dropped out and seems like plenty of distributors still trying to deal them...

Just too much cool new stuff coming to justify a 20 year old remake at 8k...

#33 5 years ago

Love the remake and the game but if I was not paid in full I would walk on the deposit and spend the other 7 towards Wooly and or Heighway.
Slept on it and MB and AFM remakes won't rank up with what I saw and played.

#34 5 years ago

I am not a day 1, but a first week in and am still in. I would be curious if 40% of people canceling is abnormal for a product that is 1 year in advance. Knowing human nature we buy when we can get it now. I know many people have buyers remorse and would be curious if they had the MMr in the back room last year and they were selling them for 8K how many people would have bought and then got home and said (crap what did I do).
40% seems high but for a purchase made a year ago maybe not.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Just too much cool new stuff coming to justify a 20 year old remake at 8k...

and this is why I dropped out. As much as I want a MM I thought it was better to drop 7500 on TH then 8k on a 20 year old machine. Granted it has updates to it and it may or may not be better than the original but it's still a 20 year old machine that, according to Rick, plays and is exactly like the original, no difference.

With TBL, TH, FT and soon to be Aliens, Pats game there are too many new games coming out that look really good that are around the same price as MM.

#36 5 years ago

I was in...knee jerk as soon as the announcement came out I was on the phone with JJP.

I since am out. Partly because I realized I ordered from JJP and I'm in NJ, so I'd get hit with tax. Partly because I got my own original MM for under $8k and I'm thoroughly enjoying working on it.
Partly because I think on principle I'm done doing preorders.

#37 5 years ago

Hahahaha. I love this.

"I mean someone mentioned in another thread that "the word on the street" from some distributors is that only around 500 LE's are spoken for... "

#38 5 years ago

I switched over to the Teekee side.

I was in, but over time I've realized that I'd rather put my $8k towards a new title so I cancelled. There's some really cool titles coming out (especially AMH and WOOLY that are here at Expo). I'm also adding a few EMs to my small collection which costs a whole heck of alot less than $8k!!

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I switched over to the Teekee side.

Yes, come on over... even though there are millions I always have room for one more...

Welcome my son.

#40 5 years ago

8k is "crazy" for a NIB MMr vs paying 5 figures to some collector who spit shined a 17 year old original.

Guys, I don't know if anyone's said this yet but it's ALL crazy up in here.

#41 5 years ago

Thanks 'Dad'. Get on the teekee bus!

(Smiley's added per Pinside regulations)

#42 5 years ago

Is it a rumor?

I don't know.

Just checked op's poll: 53% in, 47% out.

#43 5 years ago

I was in. Had an opporutnity to get an original and did it with hestiation. After playing MMR yesterday, great game and looks beautiful. I'll be interested to see what PP does next, but I'm glad I canceled my order. What striked me the most oddly enough was how different the translite looked.

#44 5 years ago

To clarify, I probably would love the game, and think it's great they are doing the re-makes (just as I am glad Stern did the IM remake). However the cost of the MMR is just a bit too high (IMO) and IMO should have been sweetened to include:

-Free shipping (like I get from Stern has it priced into the game price by dealer)
-Invisiglass or PDI glass (something premium to help justify the extra cost)

---

As it is though it's in line with Stern LEs since the new Stern TWD LE does NOT include a shaker or LCD (color display) which if you added to TWD LE would make the price comparable.

I think (IMO) that Stern is having a hard time selling it's LEs (hence no more premiums) and I think PPS is having a hard time selling all it's LEs as well. I have heard many people back out, I have seen people trying to sell their MMR at a $500 discount and having a hard time, I have had dealers contact me to ask if I want back in for the MMR LE.

Whatever PPS says the MSRP for the Standard edition will be which is ridiculous at the same cost as the LE, so they will have to included shaker and color trim to justify the same price as the LE, so if they don't offer LE like features for LE price (I don't think the LEs are sold out anyway) but the standard editions should have a street price of $7500 for them to be viable)

#45 5 years ago

I was in first week but taxes and shipping really annoyed me (bay area company but no pick up option). The other thing was my last LE purchase (STLE) taking a 1700 bath in less then a year is hard for me to swallow.

I have wavered a bit on getting back in because the above. Now I am focused on letting someone else take the hit and getting a "black trim" LE a year after release. My guess I will save over 2500 if you include taxes and shipping.

Still think MM is one of the most gorgeous looking games and really like the shots and sound so someday I hope to own one.

#46 5 years ago

Personally I don't care if 999 people drop out for whatever reason, so long as I get mine I'm happy.

#47 5 years ago

Classic kind of guy or new kind of guy and a lot of this depends on what kind of machines you prefer
Getting a classic BW pin which went for over 12k and has been number 1 on the top list of pins and at around 8k and NIB seems like a no brainer to this classic guy who does not like the look and feel of newer Sterns. In to win and hopefully if you got out you can get one someday.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

If he sells all the LEs which is likely than the rent isn't too high.

I disagree. I have no doubt all will eventually sell but while PPS is swinging for the fence on every pitch, they are missing out on singles and doubles. I would argue 2 or 3 doubles > 1 Home run if you consider market share & post sales parts. Guessing there is a 40-50% margin at $8K. If they were sold at say $6k with a thinner margin of 20-25% they would more than double their sales. Just saying..

#50 5 years ago

Hey John - 'Nearly all' category checking in here.
I have been in since day one - almost ordered two thank God I didn't.
Plan was order one sell other pay for half of first...but then come the standard editions which killed that option.
If the standard was taken out I would bet there were no LE.
I ordered Gold but after seeing it ...ah black might have been the way to go.
Still very happy with my choice to stick with it...jjp is my seller and that I am not too pleased with but that was my choice due to his extension on warranty in the past.

If I were to buy today it would be from Buddy aka Doughslinger - or Cointaker.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside