By jeffspinballpalace

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Poll - MM or METLE”

• Restored MM or HUO MMr (w/ shaker, color dmd, lighted backboard & trolls) 35 votes
    51%
  • METLE (w// shaker, lighted side panel) 30 votes
    43%
  • Neither (save your money for TH / TBL / WOOLY 4 votes
    6%

(69 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 9 years ago

Which pin should I add to my collection - MM or METLE? Similar layout and cost. -- Poll Added

Have been considering adding a MM late this year. Had one and sold it because layout was similar to AFM and both are two flipper games. Overall I preferred both rules and humor in AFM, so kept it and sold MM. If I could find space for one more pin, was leaning towards adding a restored MM or HUO MMr (but only after all the cool mods are developed and added). But then I hear everybody talking about how much they love their METLE - another two flipper fan layout, but made by Stern. So how do you think METLE stacks up against MM?

initial opinions - Very familiar with and love MM. After playing a bunch of METLE/prem, I admit enjoying it, but have yet to click with it. I haven't really figured out the rules well enough on MET, so this is contributing to the confusion. Which would make a better choice?

#2 9 years ago

Met LE is way better, MM is great but for me anyway not even close. Keep in mind I'm not a big fan of funny pinball and even with Met I attenuated the voices to avoid the terrible jokes. JMO

#3 9 years ago

No real competition, MM is the better game by far.

#4 9 years ago

I have a tricked out Met Pro. Love it, but would would prefer a nice MM.

#5 9 years ago

No way would I trade my METLE for a MM. And not because I don't like MM, I do, but I love Metallica more. Great game.

#6 9 years ago

Had a MM that I also let go for an AFM. Like you, no regrets on that move but neither AFM nor MM come close to METLE or Premium. Besides, why go down the been there, done that road?

METLE has a great layout (some tight shots into Fuel and Mystery, a long shot ramp, closer ramp, inline drops, Snake), toys (inline drops, Sparky, magnets, gavel, coffin lock and Snake), rules (many different modes...Fuel, graveyard multiball, electric chair multiball, coffin multiball, Snake multiball, Seek and Destroy, Four Horseman, four different "Crank it Up" modes, End of the Line) and an AMAZING light show. Yeah, it's a two flipper fan but there's a lot there.

Once you figure out what's going on with the rules, it'll click.

#7 9 years ago

Both are long gone and both cost too much money. But if I had to make a choice now, I'd pick neither.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Both are long gone and both cost too much money. But if I had to make a choice now, I'd pick neither.

Soooo helpful! (Note the sarcasm)

Go with Metallica in my opinion. I like MM but I much prefer Met.

#9 9 years ago

MM but not with all the crap available, just some of it.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Soooo helpful!

It might help somebody.

#11 9 years ago

MM is a proven classic and number one game for years...Metallica is the new flashy kid on the block and is great. It is Sterns best game since IM, but it's not quite as good as MM is. MM is magic.

#12 9 years ago

I love both, MM is superb but metle Will be last to leave if they ever had to. It gets your heart Racing every time!

#13 9 years ago

Some really good comments guys, thanks. tktlwyr reminded me of all the great aspects to METLE and I sincerely believe it will one day "click" for me as suggested. Then Pimp77 reminds me of the "magic" that is MM, and he has me saying amen. So now I feel like sticking with MM, which is magical and I love but then steigerpijp has to go and qualify himself as as an objective owner of both and claims MET will get my heart "racing". I tend to like it when my heart is racing.

So for now am undecided, and will tend to go for whichever one I get a decent deal on first. Maybe with more input the crystal will grow clearer. METLE vs MM is proving to be an interesting comparison.

#14 9 years ago

I am all about the new stuff. I played the crap out of wms/bally games in my youth. Not much desire to keep playing the same thing for another twenty years. Very few games from the 90s would make it in my house. But again I played the shit out of them in my youth. I dont have nostalgic attachments to things either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 29.95
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-mm-or-metle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.