60%
  • AC/DC 96 votes
    40%

(243 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170203_162602024 (resized).jpg

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

For those who have owned/played both: which do you like the most/would like to own regardless of price? Feel free to list why/opinions.

#2 6 years ago

Own AC/DC and had Metallica on free play where I work for several months so have played them both. Visually Metallica is a nicer pin, the art is awesome and the steel ramps are very sweet. AC/DC visually just doesn't have the same style. You can mod it up to look good but I don't think it's in the same league as Metallica visually. As to game play I prefer AC/DC, it flows better and I found Metallica has a lot of straight up and down shots. They are close enough though that the tie breaker is really what music you prefer. I went with AC/DC because I prefer the music. One thing I will add about AC/DC is, I would never play it on route, she can be vicious bitch and frustrating at times. That being said a good game on it is amazing a class on its own. It's just best in a home environment that the tough games don't sting so bad. Metallica is kinda in the middle it's never bad to play but it's never amazing either and it always get a couple dollars on route.

P.S. Both machines are Pro that I played

#3 6 years ago

I didn't find the art or music appealing on either after a while, but I found AC/DC to be the much better playing game.

#4 6 years ago

Owned my AC/DC Prem for several years. It's a great pin. But I love my Met Prem even more. Personally I got tired of the bottom mini playfield and just found Metallica a better pin. I seriously doubt it ever leaves my collection.

#5 6 years ago

Metallica is better. Owned and sold ACDC. But I do not like mini playfields.

#7 6 years ago

Tie, maybe slight edge to ACDC because the music integration is better (and I like ACDC as a band much better than Metallica.)

#8 6 years ago

ACDC, although both games are awesome.

Can't wait to have yzfguy chime in here. He was a MET fan...then got an ACDC. Now he's like, "MET? What's that???"

#9 6 years ago

i own both. they are great games. solid rule sets on both. you can play both games in different ways. visually metallica wins. for me musically acdc wins but that is a personal choice because i heard it more as a kid. game play is great on both games.

metallica is a multiball beast. you can have multi after multi and some multis at the same time.

#10 6 years ago

I vote for MET regardless of which one, I just prefer it over AC/DC in all capacities, but get a MET from Pinball Refinery and there's absolutely no comparison. Their modifications put the game well, well above factory to the point where Stern's stock Metallica looks lazy.

#11 6 years ago

Buy one, then save for the other, there both awesome!!!

#12 6 years ago

MET easily.

#13 6 years ago

After owning both for a couple years, I still can't decide. Art, toys, looks go to metallica, but sounds, adrenaline rush, and music go to acdc. I'll never sell acdc, as I'd never find another, but metallica is currently under consideration for the next to leave. I'm going to keep it though if I can find a way. Metallica is a dime a dozen, so if an acdc pops up, I'd get it first.

#14 6 years ago

I have both premiums side by side. I have had met about a year longer. I love both, and both are jammed with cool mods.
I have to give the edge to Met, and I am not really sure why. Possibly a little quicker flow and a slightly better adrenaline buzz, but I do love acdc just the same .

IMG_20170203_162602024 (resized).jpgIMG_20170203_162602024 (resized).jpg

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I have both premiums side by side. I have had met about a year longer. I love both, and both are jammed with cool mods.
I have to give the edge to Met, and I am not really sure why. Possibly a little quicker flow and a slightly better adrenaline buzz, but I do love acdc just the same .

No way Metallica is the better flow game then ACDC. Metallica is a bash fest with good rules for crank it up & a let down of a wizard mode. ACDC has the flow and rules integration Metallica lack & one of the best Wizard modes in all of pinball. All it needs is a mini wizard and a lil more polish and it will be pretty much perfect.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

No way Metallica is the better flow game then ACDC. Metallica is a bash fest with good rules for crank it up & a let down of a wizard mode. ACDC has the flow and rules integration Metallica lack & one of the best Wizard modes in all of pinball. All it needs is a mini wizard and a lil more polish and it will be pretty much perfect.

I guess that's what makes the world go 'round..... We can have different opinions and still love each other

#17 6 years ago

Both are great games and we have both. For the home environment AC/DC wins hands down every time. Metallica can have lengthy ball times which can get a little boring on occasion. Save up and get both. They sit well together. The Artwork on Metallica is hard to beat.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

ACDC has the flow and rules integration Metallica lack & one of the best Wizard modes in all of pinball.

Which is so weird that it's still a piece of shit. Who'd a thunk it?

#19 6 years ago

Owned both at the same time (both Pros). ACDC is gone, but MET is still in the house (and will never leave).

I wanted to like ACDC, but even with mods like the swinging bell, it just didn't get played like MET.

I also didn't like the cannon, and the shots just weren't pleasing to me.

Unlike many, I actually liked the way it looked.

If I had a larger collection, maybe we'd still have it. But I want some variety other than just music/band themed pins (otherwise I'd be looking to get an AS).

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I guess that's what makes the world go 'round..... We can have different opinions and still love each other

Well, you got the first part right.

#21 6 years ago

Wow! This is really close!

#22 6 years ago

I have both LE's in my collection and they are my 2 favourite pins.

Couldn't split them as they both have pro's and con's. ACDC flow is awesome, but Multiball action on Metallica is magic!

#23 6 years ago

Seriously both are great. I can't decide. Both in a collection work well together. Definitely two of sterns all-time best.

#24 6 years ago

As the OP is seeing its close.
I prefer acca but it's a close call.
Both are great games.

#25 6 years ago

I have both premiums and as others have said I give the edge in flow to AC/DC as Met feels more up and down and bashing but very close. What Met has in looks AC/DC has a little more in rules.

#26 6 years ago

Fucking Slayer

#27 6 years ago

No contest. Metallica wins hands down.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Fucking Slayer

I second that.

#29 6 years ago

Metallica wrote Master of Puppets!

Quoted from Gryszzz:

ucking Slayer

Fucking Steel Panther!

Edit: sorry quote not 100% correct.

#30 6 years ago

Have a highly modded met pro and had a highly modded luci....... met out lasted luci by alot and is just more fun to play imo . For some reason i just didnt care for the gameplay of acdc and especially the cannon over and over.

#31 6 years ago

2 of the best game ever made !

#32 6 years ago

Met was a better game for me.

#33 6 years ago

I owned both and sold both and loved both.....but I would get MET over AC/DC by a fair amount. Just seemed to be faster paced and more fun

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Met was a better game for me.

The question is, How have you had over 100 machines, and ended up with the 7 you now own? lol.
makes no sense.

I've had both Metallica Pro and AC/DC LE .
AC/DC is still here, Metallica gone.

I think the artwork is great on metallica (AC/DC is not bad on premium/LE) , and sparky is a great toy. (better than the bell).
But the songs. call-outs, and lenghty code just cant compete with the layout and rule set of AC/DC.
AC/DC ramps and orbit shots are just alot sweeter..

#35 6 years ago

I owned both pros, AC/DC is gone and MET will probably never leave. Metallica was my favorite band in high school so I prefer metal music while playing pinball over AC/DC. Art wise, MET is hands down way better. Flow wise almost equal but edge to MET because of the smooth metal ramps and awesome multi balls.

#36 6 years ago

In my world: AC/DC all the way. MET doesn't do anything for me... if I were going that layout, I'd go right back to IM.

#37 6 years ago

I honestly cannot make the connection with whatever it is in Medrainica that players like. If I never saw another one, I wouldn't miss it.

#38 6 years ago

No way Metallica ramps compare with AC/DC ramps, AC/DC much smoother...

#39 6 years ago

Not even, cheap plastic compared to metal?

#40 6 years ago

Metallica gets my vote. Both are great games with great rules, but for me Metallica is just more fun and way better looking!

#41 6 years ago

Plastic ramps tend to be smoother than metal ones IMO.

#42 6 years ago

Please don't insult your AC/DC with plastic smoothness, it's ok, people need excuses as well.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Why not both???

I know right!

IMG_7577 (resized).JPGIMG_7577 (resized).JPG

#44 6 years ago

I own both and both are keepers and two of Stern's best I think. I give the slight edge to AC/DC.

#45 6 years ago

I had an AC/DC premium for several years. It's a great game, but I eventually got tired of it, so I sold it. I also own a MET pro, and it is probably the game that I play most in my collection. I don't even like Metallica's music in the slightest, and yet I find the game to be incredibly addictive. At the end of the day, you're talking about two of the best games out there. If I had to choose, though, my vote goes to Metallica.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

The question is, How have you had over 100 machines, and ended up with the 7 you now own? lol.
makes no sense

They probably won't last, once I get bored and stop playing I sell, alot of those in my collection I've had more than once in some cases 3 times, Arena, Robowar and Robocop have out lasted many a Stern and B/W top pins

#47 6 years ago

There are better sterns than both, both are good not great IMO, however if I had to own one it would be MET.

#48 6 years ago

Owned both, both great.. Found myself playing acdc the same way every time, enjoy MET more is all, it stayed.

#49 6 years ago

Music: AC/DC>MET

Pin: MET>AC/DC

#50 6 years ago

I own both and both are great pins. If I had to pick one, it would be AC/DC.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, AR
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-metallica-or-acdc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.