9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by shovelhed
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Poll &lt;&gt; AFMr, BKSoR, DI, IMDN, MBr, MMr, POTC, WOZ &lt;&gt; Pick your favorite”

• AFMr 27 votes
      21%
    • BKSoR 3 votes
      2%
    • DI 17 votes
      13%
    • IM 14 votes
      11%
    • MBr 9 votes
      7%
    • MMr 24 votes
      19%
    • POTC 21 votes
      16%
    • WOZ 14 votes
      11%

(129 votes)

This poll has been closed.

#1 9 months ago

I've added a poll to help a pinball friend of mine who doesn't get on forums or go to shows. He wants to buy a new in box game. He's always had an em collection but wants to try a new game. Since he doesn't work on games, I'm thinking a new in box game would work the best and give him the least trouble. He does also like IJ, LOTR, STNG, TAF, TOTAN, TOM, TZ, and WW. He only has space for one new game in his collection. He's just an average player and won't be spending a ton of time on the machine. He doesn't necessarily need anything deep - just a lot of fun to play with a good theme and sound. He also likes pop bumpers.

IMDN - not IM

Thanks

#2 9 months ago

Too many variables- price, theme, layout, code, etc. I think your friend needs to go out to a local arcade/pinball spot and spend some time on these pins. Does he want to spend $5000 or up to $10000? He definitely needs some hands on game time.

Best bang for your buck is a new in box Attack From Mars remake or Monster Bash Remake. These are around $5700-5900 new.

#3 9 months ago

Does he like faster games with deep rules I would vote Iron Maiden pro. If you want a fun not as deep pin MBr and AFMr would be fine.

#5 9 months ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Too many variables- price, theme, layout, code, etc. I think your friend needs to go out to a local arcade/pinball spot and spend some time on these pins. Does he want to spend $5000 or up to $10000? He definitely needs some hands on game time.
    Best bang for your buck is a new in box Attack From Mars remake or Monster Bash Remake. These are around $5700-5900 new.

Because of his profession he works 7 days week - long hours and on call. So, shows are out.
    We went to the only local arcade and played 6 newer games, none of which are in the poll.

$5K - $10K would be his range but are LE's worth the extra money?

#6 9 months ago
    Quoted from hoov:

...but are LE's worth the extra money?

100% no.

#7 9 months ago

How about Oktoberfest or Houdini? Those are great home games.

#8 9 months ago
    Quoted from GSones:

How about Oktoberfest or Houdini? Those are great home games.

Will consider all - thanks .

#10 9 months ago
    Quoted from hoov:

Because of his profession he works 7 days week - long hours and on call. So, shows are out.
    We went to the only local arcade and played 6 newer games, none of which are in the poll.
    $5K - $10K would be his range but are LE's worth the extra money?

must be a railroader!

#11 9 months ago

JJP (we're thinking new in box would be better for him)

#12 9 months ago

You can still get IM (or vault) NIB? Do you mean IMDN?

#13 9 months ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

You can still get IM (or vault) NIB? Do you mean IMDN?

Iron Maiden - I'll see if I can update poll - thanks.

(Em guy here)

#14 9 months ago

what about alice cooper? WOZ is old and shouldn't even be in the list.

#15 9 months ago

POTC.....if you can find one. It never get's old and if he likes pop bumpers...these spin around. Woohooo!!!

(MM is probably the least played game I own)

#16 9 months ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what about alice cooper? WOZ is old and shouldn't even be in the list.

I just included the games in the poll he gave me. Since I'm not well versed in newer games (new in box) I'm open to suggestions.

#17 9 months ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what about alice cooper?

Maybe because it's shockingly horribly unbelievably piss poor?

Just spitballing here.

EDIT: Sorry I was thinking Rob Zombie. Alice was the worst game I ever played up until RZ, but it was early so I plan on giving it another chance.

#18 9 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Just spitballing here.

I recently played it and liked it. I may even pick one up.

#19 9 months ago

AFM/WoZ are my top two

#20 9 months ago
    Quoted from hoov:

He does also like IJ, LOTR, STNG, TAF, TOTAN, TOM, TZ, and WW. He only has space for one new game in his collection. He's just an average player and won't be spending a ton of time on the machine. He doesn't necessarily need anything deep - just a lot of fun to play with a good theme and sound. He also likes pop bumpers.
    Thanks

WW has six pop bumpers, good for average players, ton of fun and a lot cheaper.

#21 9 months ago
    Quoted from Vino:

WW has six pop bumpers, good for average players, ton of fun and a lot cheaper.

We we thinking nib since he doesn't work on his games but will consider WW.

#22 9 months ago

My favorite on your list is Monster Bash. But the one I would recommend is Attack from Mars. It's a perfect pin in every way.

#23 9 months ago

It's a very close call, but DILE beats out IMDN on my list of greatest of all time by a narrow margin. Cool toys, STELLAR light show, buttery smooth, challenging, lots of risk/reward. Personally, I love the art package...That's a matter of taste.

If you want the greatest shooting game of all time, and the depth/tech to go along with it, DILE is a must have. Mind you, my opinion has been formulated after being in this hobby for 32 years.

My top 10:

DILE
    IMDN (pro)
    AFMrLE
    GBLE
    TAF
    T2
    STTNG
    Eight Ball Champ
    Game Show
    Stern Stars

#24 9 months ago

Here ya go...
    https://pinside.com/pinball/top-100

Same thing dont ya think?

#25 9 months ago

25 year old designs and codes are winning. I love it.

#27 9 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Just spitballing here.
    EDIT: Sorry I was thinking Rob Zombie. Alice was the worst game I ever played up until RZ, but it was early so I plan on giving it another chance.

I think Alice cooper is actually really good. Didn't like RZ at all. Think ACNC is the best spooky game to date. Rules are fantastic.

#28 9 months ago

Tell your friend to make his own decision by playing the latest greatest. No different than buying a car. Where has all our common sense gone? Come on, I just bought game x because pinside said so.

#29 9 months ago

you know people on here do stupid shit like that all the time. That's why some think the top 100 is actually important in some way. They buy whats popular instead of what they like personally. See it all the time.

#30 9 months ago

Medieval Madness. Many games will do this or that better, but MM does everything super well.

#31 9 months ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Medieval Madness. Many games will do this or that better, but MM does everything super well.

I agree 100% with you only because I personally played it and didnt need a pinside poll!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 27.50
    $ 89.99
    € 9.10
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 999.00
    $ 12.99
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 149.00
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 65.00
    Boards
    Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside