Topic Stats

• 276 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MacGruber
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“All at once we have many choices, after almost a 2 year dearth of new releases. Which one do you think is best?”

• Foo Fighters 266 votes
    31%
  • Godfather 109 votes
    13%
  • Scooby Doo 131 votes
    16%
  • Galactic Tank Force 114 votes
    13%
  • Pulp Fiction 161 votes
    19%
  • Queen 13 votes
    2%
  • Final Resistance 43 votes
    5%
  • Spinal Tap 8 votes
    1%

(845 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0419 (resized).jpeg
8804AD5E-8B3B-47EF-9FFA-B5273222A2FB (resized).jpeg
E0FA1066-4839-41CD-AA66-C765BC376A78 (resized).jpeg
A68DE04D-4D40-40C3-A87F-F4BC0D82F2B6 (resized).jpeg
EBBE9338-54DF-464C-8415-F61118BC2FAB (resized).jpeg
7B91EA6B-4D2F-4D1C-9EAC-07D68BD780AB (resized).jpeg
432654CD-951D-45E1-8D9C-C996E3A8DA6B (resized).jpeg
4D11FCDB-ED40-4107-A360-6439C2AF52DB (resized).jpeg
CE36E3B8-ABDB-4C63-AE74-8A80DCF3388C (resized).jpeg
A6D4C62C-8498-4F87-99F5-861A36980D7D (resized).jpeg
D45DC1E6-E99B-4AB4-AD12-C39E721A5D93 (resized).jpeg
4D1A4EB7-DE1B-4F47-9267-383E344C10CC (resized).jpeg
88D7A178-91AD-415F-9CE9-69C53AEF93D4 (resized).jpeg
CDABDC57-8AB9-4DC7-8382-8F4F737A17AE (resized).jpeg
78D2CF3E-D2FF-4437-8110-CAEF1B626187.jpeg
A90DDB48-F2E1-4F8C-9A69-BEA6B5AF2D07 (resized).jpeg
There are 276 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 1 year ago

Poll came out a few days too soon otherwise GTF and PF would be higher. And yes, I know that you can change your vote.

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Poll came out a few days too soon otherwise GTF and PF would be higher. And yes, I know that you can change your vote.

Appreciate your thought, but monitoring it, the poll numbers have changed from the top 3 giving way to GTF and PF, plus voters of those 2 machines simply waited till they saw only 2 days later the information for GTF and PF and then voted. So poll is reflecting accurate numbers.

#103 1 year ago

Feel like you need to add 'none' to the options.

I would be curious to see whta the true numbers are, but we won't get everyone.

Would like to see Final Resistance get more love.

#104 1 year ago

Foo Fighters.
ABOS.pngABOS.png

#105 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Foo Fighters.
[quoted image]

My $$ are going to Pulp Fiction

#106 1 year ago

Pulp Fiction just over took Godfather to claim second position, as most favorite game of the 8 new titles. Congratulations Pulp Fiction!

#107 1 year ago

400 votes reached with results so far of:

#1 still Foo Fighters

#2 Pulp Fiction surpassed Scooby Doo and now Godfather to secure second most favored game.

#3 Godfather continues to drop, with gap narrowing it toward GTF.

#4 Galactic Tank Force has surpassed Scooby Doo, helping to drop it to position #5

#5 Scooby Doo dropped several positions in the poll from 3 to 5.

#6 Final Resistance is maintaining and may increase after more gameplay that will be shown on Twitch tomorrow.

#7 & #8 Queen and Spinal Tap

BBEE2BFB-875A-44E0-905B-D04D38E77541 (resized).jpegBBEE2BFB-875A-44E0-905B-D04D38E77541 (resized).jpeg

#108 1 year ago

Galactic Tank Force hasn't had a full reveal yet. That could prove interesting to voting.

#109 1 year ago

Watch on Twitch or Switch ? What channel and time please ?

#110 1 year ago

I'll admit, the first day of reactions to PF were not glowing, but they've really turned around.

#111 1 year ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Watch on Twitch or Switch ? What channel and time please ?

Sorry meant Twitch…too use to playing my Nintendo switch I guess, lol.

3A9B9724-8F0B-499A-AFAC-71714EFAD9F6 (resized).jpeg3A9B9724-8F0B-499A-AFAC-71714EFAD9F6 (resized).jpeg

#112 1 year ago

Ohh tomorrow!

#113 1 year ago

I ended up buying a Foo Fighters LE and a Godfather LE. Both games look great. What’s not to love about Foo Fighters? Great team on that game. Godfather looks like Eric finally made a game that will shoot well. Looking forward to getting them home and diving into both of them.

Pulp fiction doesn’t interest me. I’m more of a modern game with ramps type of guy. Just not my flavor. CGC has also lost my business for now. Pretty ballsy FU move to be bringing another game to market, with 1000’s of CCr back logged. Just an astonishing business move. It’s incredible that so many people don’t care.

Galactic Tank Force has my interest, but with only one ramp on the left, I may pass.

Scooby Doo. Absolutely not. I learned my lesson after Ultraman. Not buying another Spooky game again. Absolutely the worst game I’ve ever owned.

Final Resistance. Looks cool, but I’m not down with the P3 platform. Such a silly idea. I don’t want to swap out games. I like to display all my games and flip them on and play them when I want.

Queen and Spinal Tap. Not even worth mentioning.

#114 1 year ago

The Foo Fighters pinball machine definitely has a colorful vibe, with a mix of decent elements and that Stern mass-produced feel. But hey, it's still pretty cool, and Jack Danger? That guy seems passionate about pinball. No doubt, it's a solid machine. I might be one of the few who just can't get into the Foo Fighters sound. Zombie Yeti is super talented, but the "street art" vibe on a pinball? Not my thing. If it wasn’t for the playfield gimmicks and the alien theme, this game would be a pass for me.

Now, The Godfather.. It's got that Jersey Jack Pinball style, even though their machines are starting to look more mass-produced too. This bad boy fits perfectly in a commercial arcade, boasting major video game style features, mechanical diverter and LED action. Both games are well-done and creative, but personally, GF takes the cake over the FF machine for me.

I'm super excited to see what AP has up its sleeve with Galactic Tank Force. It might not be everyone's jam, but every time I chat with someone about Oktoberfest, they can't help but smile! Their games have a bit of a slapstick side to it... which is great!

Play Mechanix and Chicago Gaming Company totally crushed it with Pulp Fiction. It's got that classic pinball magic, and even though it's on the simpler side, it stands out. It doesn't look like your average game. It really matches the theme. The best part? It's priced the lowest of the lot!

Honestly, Sterns (and JJP) seem rather overpriced, but when you've got a massive operation, a hefty marketing budget, investor dividends, multiple design teams, and over ten folks working full-time on a game for well over a year, making a viable profit may get a bit challenging.

My ranking:

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Galactic Tank Force (frontrunner)
3. Godfather
4. Foo Fighters (not a fan of FF sound)
5. The rest...

#115 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

The Foo Fighters pinball machine definitely has a colorful vibe, with a mix of decent elements and that Stern mass-produced feel. But hey, it's still pretty cool, and Jack Danger? That guy seems passionate about pinball. No doubt, it's a solid machine. I might be one of the few who just can't get into the Foo Fighters sound. Zombie Yeti is super talented, but the "street art" vibe on a pinball? Not my thing. If it wasn’t for the gimmicks and the alien theme, this game would be a pass for me.
Now, The Godfather.. It's got that Jersey Jack Pinball style, even though their machines are starting to look more mass-produced too. This bad boy fits perfectly in a commercial arcade, boasting major video game style features and mechanical diverter and LED action. Both games are well-done and creative, but personally, GF takes the cake over the FF machine for me.
I'm super excited to see what Galactic Tank Force has up its sleeve. It might not be everyone's jam, but every time I chat with someone about Oktoberfest, they can't help but smile! Their games have a bit of a slapstick side to it... which is great!
Play Mechanix and Chicago Gaming Company totally crushed it with Pulp Fiction. It's got that classic pinball magic, and even though it's on the simpler side, it stands out. It doesn't look like your average game. It really matches the theme. The best part? It's priced the lowest of the lot!
Honestly, Sterns (and JJP) seem overpriced, but when you've got a massive operation, a hefty marketing budget, investor dividends, multiple design teams, and over ten folks working full-time on a game for well over a year, making a viable profit gets a bit challenging.
My rankings:
1. Pulp Fiction
2. Godfather or Galactic Tank Force
3. Foo Fighters (not a fan of FF sound)
4. The rest...

Interesting breakdown.

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What’s not to love about Foo Fighters?

The music, unfortunately for me, as otherwise it looks like a neat pin.

Quoted from NightTrain:

Pretty ballsy FU move to be bringing another game to market, with 1000’s of CCr back logged. Just an astonishing business move. It’s incredible that so many people don’t care.

You put down a small deposit for an LE, or even less or $0 for an SE, and put it out of your mind for a a year or two. Sucks how far behind they are on CCr, but the pre-order thing is not that big a deal. The only "pay it all up front" deposits in pinball are Stern LEs, to my knowledge.

Quoted from NightTrain:

Queen as a band is like Foo Fighters to me, don't hate the music but don't love it either, but after having PB Alien LV for a few months, that probably offers the best "value" for the money in pinball right now, so presumably Queen is no slouch either. People shouldn't sleep on Queen if they like the band. Though it's understandable why it's near last in this poll.

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

The music, unfortunately for me, as otherwise it looks like a neat pin.

You put down a small deposit for an LE, or even less or $0 for an SE, and put it out of your mind for a a year or two. Sucks how far behind they are on CCr, but the pre-order thing is not that big a deal. The only "pay it all up front" deposits in pinball are Stern LEs, to my knowledge.

Queen as a band is like Foo Fighters to me, don't hate the music but don't love it either, but after having PB Alien LV for a few months, that probably offers the best "value" for the money in pinball right now, so presumably Queen is no slouch either. People shouldn't sleep on Queen if they like the band. Though it's understandable why it's near last in this poll.

Suppose it depends on your Stern distributor. Mine does not require anything other than an order deposit, then in full when ready to ship.

CGC is behind on CCr, but allows to transfer CCr deposit over to PF if desired. That’s pretty good policy.

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I ended up buying a Foo Fighters LE and a Godfather LE. Both games look great. What’s not to love about Foo Fighters? Great team on that game. Godfather looks like Eric finally made a game that will shoot well. Looking forward to getting them home and diving into both of them.
Pulp fiction doesn’t interest me. I’m more of a modern game with ramps type of guy. Just not my flavor. CGC has also lost my business for now. Pretty ballsy FU move to be bringing another game to market, with 1000’s of CCr back logged. Just an astonishing business move. It’s incredible that so many people don’t care.
Galactic Tank Force has my interest, but with only one ramp on the left, I may pass.
Scooby Doo. Absolutely not. I learned my lesson after Ultraman. Not buying another Spooky game again. Absolutely the worst game I’ve ever owned.
Final Resistance. Looks cool, but I’m not down with the P3 platform. Such a silly idea. I don’t want to swap out games. I like to display all my games and flip them on and play them when I want.

Going to be fun for you!

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'll admit, the first day of reactions to PF were not glowing, but they've really turned around.

An almost complete 180 reaction wise.

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

CGC has also lost my business for now. Pretty ballsy FU move to be bringing another game to market, with 1000’s of CCr back logged. Just an astonishing business move. It’s incredible that so many people don’t care.

Thousands? Aren’t they down to some LEs now?

But yeah even as someone on the sidelines just kind of keeping up with it (first I wanted to see how the game ended up, and eventually I was trying to get a feel for when they’d do the mythical MMr re-run), the frustration is pretty palpable with the complete lack of communication. I guess maybe any communication they had might have had to put out may have been bad to hear for those waiting - ex. “Well we can’t get these out, we’ve really been working hard on this topper for another game where my passion really is vs. these damn remakes…”

#121 1 year ago

It's weird that with so many new pins they are all managing to not appeal to me.

Scooby - Love the theme, don't love slowly batting a ball around an upper playfield all day, plus sounds like it has a lot of hardware issues
Foo Fighters - Looks like a cool layout, but don't like the theme
Godfather - They've managed to do well on the them I think, but way too expensive and those rainbow lights spoil the mood
Pulp Fiction - Need to watch more but single level isn't my thing
Final Resistance - Anything MM is a pass for me

Haven't voted yet, waiting to see Galactic Tank Force reveal first.

#122 1 year ago

I'm only interested in FF, PF & GTF in that order.

MM not into them...
Godfather as per usual w/ JJP looks pretty but probably isn't fun to shoot (not feeling theme).
Scooby looks sleepy & totally not into theme.
Queen & Spinal Tap no thanks.

#123 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Total opposite for me. I'm in on Scoob and PF. The other two don't interest me. Great that we have so many choices.

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

It's weird that with so many new pins they are all managing to not appeal to me.

Might just need a new hobby.

#125 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

But yeah even as someone on the sidelines just kind of keeping up with it (first I wanted to see how the game ended up, and eventually I was trying to get a feel for when they’d do the mythical MMr re-run), the frustration is pretty palpable with the complete lack of communication. I guess maybe any communication they had might have had to put out may have been bad to hear for those waiting - ex. “Well we can’t get these out, we’ve really been working hard on this topper for another game where my passion really is vs. these damn remakes…”

CGC main business isn’t making pinball machine right?

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Scooby - Love the theme, don't love slowly batting a ball around an upper playfield all day, plus sounds like it has a lot of hardware issues
Foo Fighters - Looks like a cool layout, but don't like the theme
Godfather - They've managed to do well on the them I think, but way too expensive and those rainbow lights spoil the mood
Pulp Fiction - Need to watch more but single level isn't my thing
Final Resistance - Anything MM is a pass for me
Haven't voted yet, waiting to see Galactic Tank Force reveal first.

Think there are quite a few waiting to vote till they see full reveal on GTF, which might be tomorrow.

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

CGC wants to throw their piranha into the 8 machines feeding frenzy to get part of pinball money laying on the table, before others take it all. Even though machine will not be shipping till November.[quoted image]

November of which year?!? Haha

#128 1 year ago

Honestly. Some of it depends on if you can get the CE/LE of any game (as the other versions will probably be availablefor a while)... Foo looks great, but if you aren't an LE buyer, Stern will probably be running it for at least the next year. Pf Ce's look gone, even though we probably won't see them for a year (or more). That leaves all the others as relevant choices... Personally, I think that GF and Scooby are long term winners that can be had at somewhat bargain prices now as people dump their pre-order spots at a discount..

#129 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I'm only interested in FF, PF & GTF in that order.
MM not into them...
Godfather as per usual w/ JJP looks pretty but probably isn't fun to shoot (not feeling theme).
Scooby looks sleepy & totally not into theme.
Queen & Spinal Tap no thanks.

Good order of interesting picks and follow up assessments.

#130 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I think they still have 900 or so LEs to make, plus all of the 1250 SE+ games. So a couple thousand at least.

#131 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Total opposite for me. I'm in on Scoob and PF. The other two don't interest me. Great that we have so many choices.

You’re going to have fun!

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Might just need a new hobby.

Lol!

#133 1 year ago

Did the Final Resistance Twitch stream change anyone’s mind about the platform today?

#134 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Did the Final Resistance Twitch stream change anyone’s mind about the platform today?

I am getting more intrigued by the platform as time goes on. My initial reaction was "that's not pinball" but it does look pretty cool, I need to go to a show to get a chance to play one.

#135 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

I am getting more intrigued by the platform as time goes on. My initial reaction was "that's not pinball" but it does look pretty cool, I need to go to a show to get a chance to play one.

Are you going to TPF?

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Are you going to TPF?

No but I might go to MGC it would be cool if they are at that one.

#137 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Queen being a European machine might be under-represented in the poll a little. More desirable in the UK, less tax and shipping cost in Europe, the opposite in the US. What percentage of Pinsiders are American?

I agree with the odds-on favourite; Foo Fighters for first place, it just isn't a contest.

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Queen being a European machine might be under-represented in the poll a little. More desirable in the UK, less tax and shipping cost in Europe, the opposite in the US. What percentage of Pinsiders are American?
I agree with the odds-on favourite; Foo Fighters for first place, it just isn't a contest.

Hard to argue against FF, whether you like the music or not, the pin theme is a cross between AFM and GB and looks like huge fun. So agree with you.

960D44D9-6B18-439F-90BB-56B551D011C8 (resized).jpeg960D44D9-6B18-439F-90BB-56B551D011C8 (resized).jpeg
#139 1 year ago

Love the Chris Franchi artwork!

As underlord wrote: “Pinball at its finest.
Baseball, apple pie and tanks.” And Franchi added: “"And we can deliver it right into your fallout shelter!"

3D791FEA-63C8-4DF2-9D7C-53F0E8438E41 (resized).jpeg3D791FEA-63C8-4DF2-9D7C-53F0E8438E41 (resized).jpeg
#140 1 year ago

Going to be interesting when all information is released on Wednesday.

A64451D4-D082-467A-98C3-EE5CE4D0DC7D (resized).jpegA64451D4-D082-467A-98C3-EE5CE4D0DC7D (resized).jpeg
#141 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

No but I might go to MGC it would be cool if they are at that one.

MGC would be a good one to attend.

#142 1 year ago

I’ll be up at MGC, looking forward to playing all the new games. FF looks like it’s got great flow, but i don’t think I can handle that many foo fighters songs…..fingers crossed for GTF. No matter what I’m looking forward to my GZ coming in June

#143 1 year ago

All this fifties - sixties type artwork Franchi has done is so fun!

39CC4ED8-F954-4F17-9CCF-B7F9C2C3FBB7 (resized).jpeg39CC4ED8-F954-4F17-9CCF-B7F9C2C3FBB7 (resized).jpeg
#144 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

All this fifties - sixties type artwork Franchi has done is so fun!
[quoted image]

Dennis TOTALLY wrote that entire poster. AND I bet he's seen the Superthunderstingcar sketch by Peter Cook and Dudley Moore. 'Fold-N-Fight action'.

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Dennis TOTALLY wrote that entire poster. AND I bet he's seen the Superthunderstingcar sketch by Peter Cook and Dudley Moore. 'Fold-N-Fight action'.

Thanks for sharing that! Very fun, hadn’t ever seen that one and I’m a big Gerry Anderson series fan. Love Fireball XL5, Thunderbirds (hence my call name), Stingray, etc.

#146 1 year ago

I tried to change my vote but I got told I have “insufficient user level”.

#147 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I tried to change my vote but I got told I have “insufficient user level”.

Close your browser and reopen it, then re log into Pinside and you should be able to change it.

#148 1 year ago

3 Days to total reveal of GTF.

#149 1 year ago

TPF in a few days too.

#150 1 year ago

Whose into tank rides?

61F6928C-BF0D-4C1D-8168-E57D625BA0CC (resized).jpeg61F6928C-BF0D-4C1D-8168-E57D625BA0CC (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 499.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 276 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-lots-of-choices-which-is-best/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.