Topic Stats

• 276 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by MacGruber
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“All at once we have many choices, after almost a 2 year dearth of new releases. Which one do you think is best?”

• Foo Fighters 266 votes
    31%
  • Godfather 109 votes
    13%
  • Scooby Doo 131 votes
    16%
  • Galactic Tank Force 114 votes
    13%
  • Pulp Fiction 161 votes
    19%
  • Queen 13 votes
    2%
  • Final Resistance 43 votes
    5%
  • Spinal Tap 8 votes
    1%

(845 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0419 (resized).jpeg
8804AD5E-8B3B-47EF-9FFA-B5273222A2FB (resized).jpeg
E0FA1066-4839-41CD-AA66-C765BC376A78 (resized).jpeg
A68DE04D-4D40-40C3-A87F-F4BC0D82F2B6 (resized).jpeg
EBBE9338-54DF-464C-8415-F61118BC2FAB (resized).jpeg
7B91EA6B-4D2F-4D1C-9EAC-07D68BD780AB (resized).jpeg
432654CD-951D-45E1-8D9C-C996E3A8DA6B (resized).jpeg
4D11FCDB-ED40-4107-A360-6439C2AF52DB (resized).jpeg
CE36E3B8-ABDB-4C63-AE74-8A80DCF3388C (resized).jpeg
A6D4C62C-8498-4F87-99F5-861A36980D7D (resized).jpeg
D45DC1E6-E99B-4AB4-AD12-C39E721A5D93 (resized).jpeg
4D1A4EB7-DE1B-4F47-9267-383E344C10CC (resized).jpeg
88D7A178-91AD-415F-9CE9-69C53AEF93D4 (resized).jpeg
CDABDC57-8AB9-4DC7-8382-8F4F737A17AE (resized).jpeg
78D2CF3E-D2FF-4437-8110-CAEF1B626187.jpeg
A90DDB48-F2E1-4F8C-9A69-BEA6B5AF2D07 (resized).jpeg

There are 276 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 1 year ago

#52 1 year ago

#53 1 year ago

#54 1 year ago

#55 1 year ago

In addition to Final Resistance, I'll have a Weird Al, Cosmic Cart Race and Canyon Lagoon. I also have several of the sub games like ROC's, Ranger in the Ruins, Hoopin’ It Up, Sorcerer’s Apprentice, and Grand Slam Rally.

I'm really excited about getting, Final Resistance and Scott is already calling for some sub games to be made for that. I'm hoping someone takes him up on it.

I was an early adopter of the P3 and sold Lexy Light Speed, Heist and my original P3 cabinet to a local friend.

#56 1 year ago

#57 1 year ago

I do not understand the poll. How can we buy games "now" that are not available for purchase at the moment?

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I do not understand the poll. How can we buy games "now" that are not available for purchase at the moment?

All of these games are for sale now or soon will be.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

In addition to Final Resistance, I'll have a Weird Al, Cosmic Cart Race and Canyon Lagoon. I also have several of the sub games like ROC's, Ranger in the Ruins, Hoopin’ It Up, Sorcerer’s Apprentice, and Grand Slam Rally.
I'm really excited about getting, Final Resistance and Scott is already calling for some sub games to be made for that. I'm hoping someone takes him up on it.
I was an early adopter of the P3 and sold Lexy Light Speed, Heist and my original P3 cabinet to a local friend.

Sounds like a fun list of games. Final Resistance looks very cool with the balls shooting straight back at the player. never seen that done before. Also, like the regular static pinball PF on the screen, nice touch!

#60 1 year ago

How bout that new Pulp Fiction machine?

E6E1FF95-A634-4A49-AAC4-E45C4F3A9884 (resized).jpegE6E1FF95-A634-4A49-AAC4-E45C4F3A9884 (resized).jpeg
#61 1 year ago

GTF, Pulp Fiction and (big gap) Scooby in that order. None of the others interest me in getting out my wallet.

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

GTF, Pulp Fiction and (big gap) Scooby in that order. None of the others interest me in getting out my wallet.

Pulp Fiction shows embarrassingly, the huge $20k price gouge Stern did with Bond 60th score reel machine, all for only $8K! That’s the way it is done when you value your customer base, by giving them value for money.

#63 1 year ago

I am in the market for a new pin. Pulp Fiction is one of my favorite movies, but the reveal left me a little disappointed. A month ago, I would have never considered an American Pinball game. Ironically, that Galactic Tank Force has me intrigued and is at the top of my list. Got to see some game play first. Nothing is locked in at the moment.

#64 1 year ago

PF isn't what I wanted....but I like what it is. Think it could be cheaper though. GTF is probably my 1st pick now. PF and FF still rounding out the top 3.

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

PF isn't what I wanted....but I like what it is. Think it could be cheaper though. GTF is probably my 1st pick now. PF and FF still rounding out the top 3.

Agreed, PF could/should be priced closer to a pro, the best value in pinball still.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I am in the market for a new pin. Pulp Fiction is one of my favorite movies, but the reveal left me a little disappointed. A month ago, I would have never considered an American Pinball game. Ironically, that Galactic Tank Force has me intrigued and is at the top of my list. Got to see some game play first. Nothing is locked in at the moment.

What about PF left you disappointed?

#67 1 year ago

I’m holding out hope for GTF, playfield looks killer!

Foo looks like it has great flow….I’d be in for a pro if I liked the music more (not a big fan of upper playfields)

None of the other interest me at all

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

What about PF left you disappointed?

The playfield art is overly simplistic and the lack of a display both disappoint me. PF is a great movie with great scenes. It would have been nice to see that in an old school cabinet.

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

The playfield art is overly simplistic and the lack of a display both disappoint me. PF is a great movie with great scenes. It would have been nice to see that in an old school cabinet.

Agree with your assessment.

#70 1 year ago

The SDTM feature actually answers a lot of questions. I am more interested in it now than before. Tough choices ahead.

#71 1 year ago

Like all of them to some degree, but I'm in for Scooby, PF, and Final Resistance, and then maybe GTF depending on its price. FF will be around to play on location everywhere, and GF will be available for $1K less used in a year or so. I'm getting back to the same habits as I had pre-covid: Can I play it somewhere close? Then no rush. Wish I went back to that philosophy before I picked up Bond. :/

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The SDTM feature actually answers a lot of questions. I am more interested in it now than before. Tough choices ahead.

CGC wants to throw their piranha into the 8 machines feeding frenzy to get part of pinball money laying on the table, before others take it all. Even though machine will not be shipping till November.

6C84A234-6B63-4116-9D29-1AA08A16D1B8 (resized).jpeg6C84A234-6B63-4116-9D29-1AA08A16D1B8 (resized).jpeg
#73 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

CGC wants to throw their piranha into the 8 machines feeding frenzy to get part of pinball money laying on the table, before others take it all. Even though machine will not be shipping till November.[quoted image]

Still waiting for my CCr LE. No CGC’s before then. If I wanted a similar machine to pf I’d buy a 1980’s anything for 1/3 the cost.

#74 1 year ago

Strictly personal opinion here based on theme and my historical preferences.
I’m feeling very fortunate to be attending TPF and will see most of these in person. Before I see them, these are my quick thoughts.

Maybe if I sell something: Foo Fighters, Pulp Fiction, Galactic Tank Force

I’m curious, but unlikely: Scooby Doo, Godfather

The theme definitely appeals to me, but buying it seems like much more than just buying a game: Final Resistance

No, even though both are likable themes: Queen, Spinal Tap

#75 1 year ago

A second thought,

I didn’t vote as I have no clear favorite. I don’t think all of these companies will be here in 5 years. It’s a lot of product for a niche hobby. I sincerely hope I’m wrong.

#76 1 year ago

I bought Final Resistance as it's a new game for $3400 (already have the base) and P3 has stood behind their product.

As to everything else I would rate based off of personal interest:

1-Foo Fighters- I have yet to play a Stern Spike 2 that wasn't fun. Yes my Bond needs code but it will get there. Not familiar with the band but it looks like it has the whole package. Artist is great.
2-Final Resistance- Really like Danesi games. Bowen is on code. I need a new "ass kicker" game.
3-Pulp Fiction- Really digging the retro style on this game. The guy who made Taxi is making this. Hoping this gets more people into earl solid state.
4-Galactic Tank Force- Potentially pretty cool based on photos. Could be alot of fun. Might be the sleeper hit.
5-Scooby Doo- Need to flip it. Looks like great theme integration and assets... but not sure how good of a shooter it is.
6-Queen- Like the band... game looks meh.
7-Godfather- Looks and sounds amazing no doubt. I've hated every JJP I've brought home in trade due to excessive multiball/aimlessness.
8-Spinal Tap- I played Thunderbirds once. This doesn't look any better.

One thing is for sure... if even 2 of these show up at the Allentown Pinfest in May it's going to be awesome.

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I bought Final Resistance as it's a new game for $3400 (already have the base) and P3 has stood behind their product.
As to everything else I would rate based off of personal interest:
1-Foo Fighters- I have yet to play a Stern Spike 2 that wasn't fun. Yes my Bond needs code but it will get there. Not familiar with the band but it looks like it has the whole package. Artist is great.
2-Final Resistance- Really like Danesi games. Bowen is on code. I need a new "ass kicker" game.
3-Pulp Fiction- Really digging the retro style on this game. The guy who made Taxi is making this. Hoping this gets more people into earl solid state.
4-Galactic Tank Force- Potentially pretty cool based on photos. Could be alot of fun. Might be the sleeper hit.
5-Scooby Doo- Need to flip it. Looks like great theme integration and assets... but not sure how good of a shooter it is.
6-Queen- Like the band... game looks meh.
7-Godfather- Looks and sounds amazing no doubt. I've hated every JJP I've brought home in trade due to excessive multiball/aimlessness.
8-Spinal Tap- I played Thunderbirds once. This doesn't look any better.
One thing is for sure... if even 2 of these show up at the Allentown Pinfest in May it's going to be awesome.

Good summation of each game!

#78 1 year ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I’m feeling very fortunate to be attending TPF and will see most of these in person. Before I see them, these are my quick thoughts.
The theme definitely appeals to me, but buying it seems like much more than just buying a game: Final Resistance

Would be interesting to hear your report after playing all these titles at TPF.

#79 1 year ago
Quoted from Nevus:

A second thought,
I didn’t vote as I have no clear favorite. I don’t think all of these companies will be here in 5 years. It’s a lot of product for a niche hobby. I sincerely hope I’m wrong.

Interesting thought, but the one that has been here the longest and most likely will continue, unless they keep driving MSRP pricing upward, is the one that makes products like this…

65FC8F99-92F8-4C1B-88A9-C62C5AB67B24 (resized).jpeg65FC8F99-92F8-4C1B-88A9-C62C5AB67B24 (resized).jpeg

#80 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Interesting thought, but the one that has been here the longest and most likely will continue, unless they keep driving MSRP pricing upward, is the one that makes products like this…
[quoted image]

There is no ‘unless’. Rest assured, pricing trajectory will be atmospheric.

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

There is no ‘unless’. Rest assured, pricing trajectory will be atmospheric.

If Stern keeps raising their prices without increasing value for money, they too will reach a point where the consumer says no, not any further. You’re probably correct about it being atmospheric and then I’m out along with many others, lol.

#82 1 year ago

The 5 people that voted Spinal Tap, step forward

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

The 5 people that voted Spinal Tap, step forward

The poll is almost in order of how they were entered into the voting ballot, except for Final Resistance. Will be interesting to see how it goes from here, as GTF and PF have really taken on accelerated positions from just a day ago.

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Any of your 3 choices would be awesome!

#85 1 year ago

Pulp and GTF are so late it's unfair, I changed my vote from Foo to Pulp but I'm not sure others will as more info comes out. I'm kinda shocked GTF is that high with no release at all.

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

How bout that new Pulp Fiction machine?[quoted image]

" I said gaddamn" in my Mia Wallace voice

#87 1 year ago

Pulp Fiction is going to get a lot of the newer votes so I feel this poll is nearly void

#88 1 year ago

Scooby
Pulp Fiction

1)SD is a dream theme for our family and love that spooky actually engages and helps their customers if they have issues (every company has issues, some just chose to ignore them). 2)Pulp fiction looks like it will be super fun to shoot and cgc seems to make solid quality games.
3) final resistance would be next to have a denesi game and a P3 platform that leaves room for future use.

Just my opinion obviously but agree that FF looks good but will be everywhere. I haven’t played an American Pinball Company game that I enjoyed the shots in despite fantastic themes (Octoberfest, Houdini) so I worry GTF will be the same. The others either seem too expensive or just don’t hold my interest.

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Pulp Fiction is going to get a lot of the newer votes so I feel this poll is nearly void

No, it’s right on target, as the new machines coming on are showing the accuracy of the voting. Since the older machines, as in only a couple of days earlier got their votes already. They have run their course and now PF and GTF will get more votes, so all is about equal. There is not much gap reveal between any of them, only a couple of days since this poll began. People are adjusting their votes whenever they desire, so the poll is totally in sink with how voters think currently. Accurate polling opportunity for all 8 machines. Change your vote if you think you’d like one of the other more. Very easy to do so keeps the poll accurate.

#90 1 year ago

I agree it's a good poll and the ability to change your vote is helpful. The only thing difficult to score is Final Resistance, as it's a P3 with its own ecosystem.

#91 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I agree it's a good poll and the ability to change your vote is helpful. The only thing difficult to score is Final Resistance, as it's a P3 with its own ecosystem.

Yes, it’s interesting how the poll keeps changing as time goes on. GTF and PF have really come on strong and just may overtake GF and SD.

#92 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Pulp and GTF are so late it's unfair, I changed my vote from Foo to Pulp but I'm not sure others will as more info comes out. I'm kinda shocked GTF is that high with no release at all.

Many have already changed their votes to accurately reflect which of the 8 is best in their view. Been watching the changes at various times throughout the day. The poll is spot on with what game people think is best.

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from lepstein:

Scooby
Pulp Fiction
1)SD is a dream theme for our family and love that spooky actually engages and helps their customers if they have issues (every company has issues, some just chose to ignore them). 2)Pulp fiction looks like it will be super fun to shoot and cgc seems to make solid quality games.
3) final resistance would be next to have a denesi game and a P3 platform that leaves room for future use.
Just my opinion obviously but agree that FF looks good but will be everywhere. I haven’t played an American Pinball Company game that I enjoyed the shots in despite fantastic themes (Octoberfest, Houdini) so I worry GTF will be the same. The others either seem too expensive or just don’t hold my interest.

Think since AP now has a very experienced designer like Dennis Nordman doing the layout, GTF will shoot superior to anything else they’ve ever made.

#94 1 year ago

GTF and PF are neck and neck and nearing taking over GF and SD. Nail bitter, lol.

#95 1 year ago

Getting near 400 votes.

#96 1 year ago

PF just overtook SD and getting closer to overtaking GF too.

#97 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

PF just overtook SD and getting closer to overtaking GF too.

If this thread has legs it's going to overtake them all that thing is pure drool!!!

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

If this thread has legs it's going to overtake them all that thing is pure drool!!!

Good lookin game, but so are most all of them. Only 4 days into this, so think it has legs. Hope to get many more voting to see how it all shakes out for best game order of the 8.

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

There are some great games here, but value trumps all. Pulp fiction holds a lot of interest for me...barring the price point.
As of right now, Godfather seems like it has the most potential to be a legendary game.

Define "legendary"...

#100 1 year ago

Pick your choice for favorite of the 8 games just released.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gainesville, GA
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec
Toys/Add-ons
$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods
Other
There are 276 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-lots-of-choices-which-is-best/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.