Topic Stats

• 276 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by MacGruber
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“All at once we have many choices, after almost a 2 year dearth of new releases. Which one do you think is best?”

• Foo Fighters 266 votes
    31%
  • Godfather 109 votes
    13%
  • Scooby Doo 131 votes
    16%
  • Galactic Tank Force 114 votes
    13%
  • Pulp Fiction 161 votes
    19%
  • Queen 13 votes
    2%
  • Final Resistance 43 votes
    5%
  • Spinal Tap 8 votes
    1%

(845 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0419 (resized).jpeg
8804AD5E-8B3B-47EF-9FFA-B5273222A2FB (resized).jpeg
E0FA1066-4839-41CD-AA66-C765BC376A78 (resized).jpeg
A68DE04D-4D40-40C3-A87F-F4BC0D82F2B6 (resized).jpeg
EBBE9338-54DF-464C-8415-F61118BC2FAB (resized).jpeg
7B91EA6B-4D2F-4D1C-9EAC-07D68BD780AB (resized).jpeg
432654CD-951D-45E1-8D9C-C996E3A8DA6B (resized).jpeg
4D11FCDB-ED40-4107-A360-6439C2AF52DB (resized).jpeg
CE36E3B8-ABDB-4C63-AE74-8A80DCF3388C (resized).jpeg
A6D4C62C-8498-4F87-99F5-861A36980D7D (resized).jpeg
D45DC1E6-E99B-4AB4-AD12-C39E721A5D93 (resized).jpeg
4D1A4EB7-DE1B-4F47-9267-383E344C10CC (resized).jpeg
88D7A178-91AD-415F-9CE9-69C53AEF93D4 (resized).jpeg
CDABDC57-8AB9-4DC7-8382-8F4F737A17AE (resized).jpeg
78D2CF3E-D2FF-4437-8110-CAEF1B626187.jpeg
A90DDB48-F2E1-4F8C-9A69-BEA6B5AF2D07 (resized).jpeg

There are 276 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 1 year ago

Exciting times for pinball buyers. finally...lots of CHOICES! There is only so much money a person can spend this year with a hobby that has increased pricing to epic proportions. Which one do you think is best for your hard earned dollars and why? Which pinball company is giving real value for money spent with them? At today’s prices why buy any of the 8 games listed? Which theme has most appeal?

Update 25-3-23:

1st - Gold: Foo Fighters remains king of the hill for the Gold as chosen by you the people, never leaving top spot throughout the poll process.

2nd - Silver: Pulp Fiction has broken the 150 vote mark to be a solid Silver behind FF. Soaring through the ranks up to number two.

3rd - Bronze: Scooby Doo is now being crowned with the Bronze, after a good showing at TPF just today. They even have a full size Mystrey Machine sitting next to all the Scooby Doo pinball machines.

4th - Honorable mention: Galactic Tank Force is now in 4th place, ascending from its 5th place position, being just barely surpassing Godfather. GTF has had a long line of reveals since this poll began.

5th - Godfather has fallen to 5th place out of the top 4 positions of Gold, Silver, Bronze and honorable mention.. But still neck and neck with Galactic Tank Force. Its a continued horse race between GF and GTF for 4th place honorable mention.

6th - Final Resistance holding steady in 6th place, with the new Scott D game recently introduced.

7th - Queen remains in 7th place and has been in this position during the whole voting process.

8th - Spinal Tap batting cleanup, has also been in this position during the voting process.

#2 1 year ago

Don't know enough about GTF or PF yet...

but on the surface right now my order is:

FF
PF
TGF
FR
SD
GTF
STP
QN

Could change at any time.

The only one I'm pretty much 100% out on is Queen.

And looking at that list is...crazy. Crazy crazy. If only they were all half the price.

#3 1 year ago

Would like to see all the choices before voting .
Lots to consider, some in production , some manufacturers listed can't get games out the the door.
Lots of variables to the poll . Some manufacturers have playfield and Customer Service issues .

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If only they were all half the price.

Yes, big long list all at once is kinda crazy for us buyers. But choices are always good. LOL, half price, yeah!

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Would like to see all the choices before voting .
Lots to consider, some in production , some manufacturers listed can't get games out the the door.
Lots of variables to the poll .

There are, but what about theme only then…which theme do you like best?

#6 1 year ago

Would have go SD ...
Great theme , tons of theme tie ins,different layout with new features,
3000 call outs, stellar customer service from Spooky .
Best bang for the buck ...
Sadly with the Canadian dollar delivered to door a 10k USD game gets to be 15.5 to 16 k Canadian...
You guys have it good

#7 1 year ago

The million dollar question is what game will be announced tomorrow? Will Gottlieb step up to the plate?!?

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from DK:

The million dollar question is what game will be announced tomorrow? Will Gottlieb step up to the plate?!?

Too funny!

#9 1 year ago

Foo looks the best to me from the reveals we have seen. Great shots, fast, good music and the expression lights are the best. Godfather looks promising as well

#10 1 year ago

It's definitely been fun to see it all, even if nothing really interests me enough to pay these dumb prices.

If Foo Fighters had a different theme I'd be tempted by it. Playfield looks great.

Nothing else so far has felt worth $6k to me, let alone $10-12k.

Still curious to see Pulp Fiction but that playfield leak has deflated my hype for it for now. In the meantime looking forward to flipping them all and seeing how that makes me feel afterwards.

#11 1 year ago

I'm voting Foo but I guess nobody told GTF when the debate was! Now they're going to need a scandal to pick up ground in the polls.

#12 1 year ago

I think it should be your choice after you’ve played all of them. I went to the Pinball museum with a hit list, some went down in impression, some is what I expected, and some exceeded my expectations. I own those now

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

I think it should be your choice after you’ve played all of them. I went to the Pinball museum with a hit list, some went down in impression, some is what I expected, and some exceeded my expectations. I own those now

Fortunate for you to do so, since you live relatively close. Dallas is quite far. What did you end up liking? Any from this list or since they all launched this month basically except SD, were you able to try any?

#14 1 year ago

There are some great games here, but value trumps all. Pulp fiction holds a lot of interest for me...barring the price point.

As of right now, Godfather seems like it has the most potential to be a legendary game.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Don't know enough about GTF or PF yet...
but on the surface right now my order is:
FF
PF
TGF
FR
SD
GTF
STP
QN
Could change at any time.
The only one I'm pretty much 100% out on is Queen.
And looking at that list is...crazy. Crazy crazy. If only they were all half the price.

The craziest part is if they all were half price, that’d still be $50K+ out of pocket, lol.

#16 1 year ago

Godfather
Pulp

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

I'm voting Foo but I guess nobody told GTF when the debate was! Now they're going to need a scandal to pick up ground in the polls.

Not sure what AP is waiting for on releasing more details about GTF?

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Fortunate for you to do so, since you live relatively close. Dallas is quite far. What did you end up liking? Any from this list or since they all launched this month basically except SD, were you able to try any?

I’m close to AYCE Gogi and several others including SD. I can’t chime in until I tried them all, that was the point I was trying to make in my post. I was wrong several times as pictures, videos and others opinions have never been the reason I bought pins until after I played them & enjoyed them. If you’re in Dallas how about TPF? You’re gonna get most of them there to try out yourself

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

I’m close to AYCE Gogi and several others including SD. I can’t chime in until I tried them all, that was the point I was trying to make in my post. I was wrong several times as pictures, videos and others opinions have never been the reason I bought pins until after I played them & enjoyed them. If you’re in Dallas how about TPF? You’re gonna get most of them there to try out yourself

Plan on it. Should be a good time!

#20 1 year ago

I haven't played any of those games yet, so kinda hard to vote. I'll come back in 6 months, hell it may be 24 months before anyone plays Pulp Fiction

#21 1 year ago

I’d say Foo for the win. Has the widest appeal.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

I haven't played any of those games yet, so kinda hard to vote. I'll come back in 6 months, hell it may be 24 months before anyone plays Pulp Fiction

That’s okay if you’ve not played any of them. Which theme do you like best?

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I’d say Foo for the win. Has the widest appeal.

According the poll, you’re right it has most appeal so far.

#24 1 year ago

Interesting how the poll is coming out with different results that one might expect between the 8 games.

#25 1 year ago

What’s your choice?

#26 1 year ago

Band pins will always win these popularity contests. Can't compete with a fanbase made up of millions of people worldwide.

Queen had a window and missed it by a mile, and has come to the party late with very old ideas. Shame.

If I was offered one for free, on loan to enjoy for 1 month then give it back... I'd have to say Godfather. I know it's lame, but it's a stunner to look at.

#27 1 year ago

GTF just moved up a few spots on craziness alone.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Band pins will always win these popularity contests. Can't compete with a fanbase made up of millions of people worldwide.
Queen had a window and missed it by a mile, and has come to the party late with very old ideas. Shame.
If I was offered one for free, on loan to enjoy for 1 month then give it back... I'd have to say Godfather. I know it's lame, but it's a stunner to look at.

But in the case of FF, not sure it’s the band theme making it highest. Would think its approach of being part AFM and GB, powered by FF music, might be more important to its popularity?

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Queen has millions of fans but is only 3% of the vote for example. Don’t think Queen missed any window of opportunity. If it had all the areas making the package offering as well done as FF, then we’d see it every bit as popular.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Queen has millions of fans but is only 3% of the vote for example. Don’t think Queen missed any window of opportunity. If it had all the areas making the package offering as well done as FF, then we’d see it every bit as popular.

I voted Foo cuz it appears to be the complete package and best playing game overall not because of theme. In fact, I love that it's NOT a band pin but rather Scooby-Busters from Mars!

#31 1 year ago

1. Scooby
2. Foo
3. The Godfather
4. Galactic Tank Force

Scooby’s theme, assets, rules and world under glass separate it for me. Especially in my lineup of Sterns…

Foo however has definitely caught my eye in terms of shots, rules, art.

The godfather looks great… it’s just too expensive.

All 3 appear to be fantastic pins. What a great period of releases.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

I voted Foo cuz it appears to be the complete package and best playing game overall not because of theme. In fact, I love that it's NOT a band pin but rather Scooby-Busters from Mars!

Fully agree with you. FF Saturday morning cartoon feel just exudes fun, with a complete package.

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

1. Scooby
2. Foo
3. The Godfather
4. Galactic Tank Force
Scooby’s theme, assets, rules and world under glass separate it for me. Especially in my lineup of Sterns…
Foo however has definitely caught my eye in terms of shots, rules, art.
The godfather looks great… it’s just too expensive.
All 3 appear to be fantastic pins. What a great period of releases.

You’re right is a good time to be in pinball! Now if we could only get back to more decent pricing, lol.

#34 1 year ago

We’ll know on Monday what PF is all about.

#35 1 year ago

Was bashing SD for being a kids cartoon theme yet find myself gawking over a Space Tank theme. Weird brain think thing I got.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Was bashing SD for being a kids cartoon theme yet find myself gawking over a Space Tank theme. Weird brain think thing I got.

Interesting so many well known themes and GTF might become another MM or AFM?

#37 1 year ago

Which machine of the 8 will sell best?

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Which machine of the 8 will sell best?

I think that one is easy...probably FF.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think that one is easy...probably FF.

Sure looks that way from the results of this poll, so far at least. We’ll see where it goes from here.

#40 1 year ago

Well we finally see GTF! What do you think?

5AAF305D-5B1D-415E-AF1B-362308BF80D1 (resized).jpeg5AAF305D-5B1D-415E-AF1B-362308BF80D1 (resized).jpeg
#41 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

[quoted image]

Too crazy for

Quoted from Thunderbird:

[quoted image]

Too crazy for insta buy with that crazy WOF bottom and curtain death up the middle, but I can't wait to play it! Art reminds me of my uncles Blast off!

20190616_130000 (resized).jpg20190616_130000 (resized).jpg
#42 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

[quoted image]

Ricky likey!

EDF9F3FB-AC29-4431-9AE3-2ACD6889C12C.gifEDF9F3FB-AC29-4431-9AE3-2ACD6889C12C.gif
#43 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Ricky likey!
[quoted image]

Does Ricky like this too?

462A4BBA-DE35-4F20-8022-0A10E7DC323B (resized).jpeg462A4BBA-DE35-4F20-8022-0A10E7DC323B (resized).jpeg
#44 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Does Ricky like this too?
[quoted image]

If the shark being jumped is an upcoming Jaws pin, then ring me up and cash me out!

#45 1 year ago

None of these pins scream ‘buy me’ (to me), but I gotta say, Final Resistance and GTF certainly have my interest.

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

None of these pins scream ‘buy me’ (to me), but I gotta say, Final Resistance and GTF certainly have my interest.

What about Pulp Fiction’s alleged layout?

F1E6E76D-3414-4D4D-B9B6-D46757A2E33E (resized).jpegF1E6E76D-3414-4D4D-B9B6-D46757A2E33E (resized).jpeg
#47 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Too crazy for

Too crazy for insta buy with that crazy WOF bottom and curtain death up the middle, but I can't wait to play it! Art reminds me of my uncles Blast off![quoted image]

Blast Off is one of the fun games of the long ago past. Anyone remember the year Blast Off came out?

#48 1 year ago

CGC’s new dilemma…

EB2E634E-5888-4764-A7D5-48986339247F (resized).jpegEB2E634E-5888-4764-A7D5-48986339247F (resized).jpeg
#49 1 year ago

I've already purchased, Final Resistance and I'm about 85% there for buying, Galactic Tank Force. I'm just waiting on the GTF price announcement and gameplay video.

Out of the remaining pack, only Foo Fighters interests me.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I've already purchased, Final Resistance and I'm about 85% there for buying, Galactic Tank Force. I'm just waiting on the GTF price announcement and gameplay video.
Out of the remaining pack, only Foo Fighters interests me.

Final Resistance looks very fun! What other P3 modules do you have?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Trinity, FL
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Aurora, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane, WA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec
Toys/Add-ons
$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 276 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-lots-of-choices-which-is-best and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.