(Topic ID: 16083)

POLL: Is your Sandman vs Spider-Man plastic broken?

By DugFreez

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Squizz
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is your Sandman vs Spider-Man plastic broken?”

• Yes 31 votes
    34%
  • No 59 votes
    66%

(90 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SM plastic.jpg
DSC03684.JPG
2012-05-13_22-29-34_601.jpg
Stern_Promo.jpg
spideyspots_003.jpg
resize.jpg
SandmanvsSpiderman.jpg
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

Mine is broken as well. I would love to find a replacement versus buying an entire new plastic set.

I have the Pinbits plastic protectors and there was a plastic protector for this piece. The right side of the plastic where Spiderman is is where mine is broken.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Bringing this thread back to life. Mine is broken and I would like a replacement. If anyone has one or makes one let me know. Otherwise I will be the protector and live with it. Thanks, MIke

Mine is not cracked or busted and I've had it since 2008 with *no* protector. But I also have a back-up NOS plastic set, just in case.

Besides, you go out and buy a $6K pinball machine and then complain about buying a measly $170 plastic set? Really???

#53 11 years ago

Mine is broken to.

#54 11 years ago

Misunderstood which one you were talking about. Mine is chipped also. Will have to get that protector and those extra webbies.

#55 11 years ago

The main plastics that seem to get broken in SM are the Sandman plastic, the Sandman vs, SM plastic, and the clear plastic guides from the VUKs.

I have a full plastic set for SM, but it would take a decent price to get me to break up the set and sell individual parts. I would probably sell the Sandman vs. SM plastic for about $50 shipped.

#56 11 years ago

I decided what the heck and went to buy the plastic set from BAA. Sold out. DOH!

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Misunderstood which one you were talking about. Mine is chipped also. Will have to get that protector and those extra webbies.

Yeah...it's pretty easily over looked. I really doubt anyone said their's was broke and it really wasn't, but I imagine more than a few have said that there's is not broken ....when it really is.

#58 11 years ago

So is the pinbits plastic protector inadequate? or do most of you just not have it protected?

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

So is the pinbits plastic protector inadequate? or do most of you just not have it protected?

I think older pinbits sets did not have the protector included, and some owners that have the protector did not use it since it is a little difficult to get at physically.

#60 11 years ago

Can anyone confirm that the current plastic protector sets from pinbits have this protector?

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I ordered a complete Pinbits plastic protector set in 09 (2 years after the game was released) and it still didn't have that protector in it. As a matter of fact that protector is still not showing in the picture of either of their protector sets.

I guess it was added later...under the radar. I'm glad it was added and it sounds like many people had it included in their sets.

#62 11 years ago

This thread cost me near $200 today. Dammit DugFeez you couldn't just let me think my plastic was fine?

#63 11 years ago

The pinbits set had the protector back in Feb. 2012 when I got mine.

You could e-mail them. They would probably sell you one individually.

#64 11 years ago

Just checked on a Black I have a sale pending, no break, under 250 plays. Still have to check the other Black I am keeping, and on a FS HUO 2007 Red. (I know, cheap plug)

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

This thread cost me near $200 today. Dammit DugFeez you couldn't just let me think my plastic was fine?

Sorry about that, but misery loves company.

When I bought my replacement plastic set I bought a spare protector and glued my original broken plastic back together on it as a back up. It doesn't look too bad. I'm just lucky I had both chunks that had come off of it after only a couple weeks of play.

#66 11 years ago

Dang I'm going to have to check mine...

1 year later
#67 10 years ago

I just checked mine after reading this post: http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=252

In it it has a step-by-step picture description of putting the plastic protector on that piece. Mine is not broken, but Im going to get the protector.

On another topic, "rubber barrel nuts" were mentioned by tracelifter to help save the plastic above the sandman moving targets - when the ball gets wedged between the 3 targets (going up) and the plastic. The first time I saw this I freaked out...and it it bound to happen more cause I try to trap a ball in behind the targets just before they are going up.

My question is: where do you buy "rubber barrel nuts?" Home depot and other hardware stores around town do not seem to carry them and a google search yields nothing??

#68 10 years ago

If anyone has this plastic for sale, Would be appreciated
Thanks
SM plastic.jpgSM plastic.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.50
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 25.95
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-is-your-sandman-vs-spider-man-plastic-broken/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.